Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How to buy at a great price! Inside advice stright from......  (Read 71373 times)
digginfool
Supreme Member

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: June 11, 2007, 05:26:27 PM »

Excuse the f**k out of me!  I wasn't giving a lesson, merely stating what I recalled from a conversation I had with the Clerk's office 2 years ago.  What you said is not much different from what I said except I didn't recall the time frame properly.  The tax certificate holder still controls when the property goes to foreclosure.  I said nothing about how the foreclosure takes place.  The fact still remains, unless you're willing to wait 2 years with a tax certificate or go down and get into a bidding war at a tax sale, just buy the property and start enjoying now.  If you've got time to spend at the courthouse, good for you.  You might get a deal.  Even if you do get a tax deed to the property, it still might not be a free and clear, marketable deed.  You could pay for a piece of property you still won't be able to call your own.

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". --Thomas Jefferson

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves ... a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."
MJLands.com
Contributing Member Plus

Don't HATE - Participate!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: June 11, 2007, 06:06:22 PM »

.........a big fatherly figure. I was told this is how to get river ranch property cheap!

For anyone wanting to buy into River Ranch cheap !

He said to go to the Polk County tax office and ask about the unpaid tax auctions. You can go to these auctions and bid on a full deed starting at $500. From what he says this is how mjlands gets their deeds cheap to break up and resell.

Full deeds (he says) go for around $900 to $1,300. He says he has inside info and mjlands usually pays only up to $1,000 for them.

Also, he said that someone here actually went to the Polk Country office and got a list of land owners at River Ranch that live out of the area. The thought is that they might never use it and be tired of paying for it and want to get rid of it. You send them all letters (just make copies of one and add names) offering to buy it. He says this person actually got multiple offers to sell them, and actually bought 2 deeds cheap. All you need is one person wanting to sell. They might have been left the property, or moved out of state since buying. It won't cost much , just some stamps and a little time to write a letter.

No longer do you need a land broker to sell you high priced 1/4 deeds, or a current member willing to sell you a part of theirs. Now bidding on ebay hoping for a quarter deed. Now you can buy in cheap and be able to set up your own camp!
All the stories about needing to know people to get in is just that.stories.

Do your homework and it'll save you thousands on a full deed! take in your quad and ride til your heart is content!

For those that are mad at this post, just remember it came straight from the inside  Wink

I don't want to deter anyone from buying from mjlands, but I can't let such great intel go without sharing just like someone did with me.

Glad to see that you want to "help" people, but I just wanted to touch base on a few of the assumptions you have made about M & J Lands and RR in general:

"From what he says this is how mjlands gets their deeds cheap to break up and resell."
Absolutely incorrect. We have on accasion purchased tax deed lots, but less than 5% of our purchases are made through tax deed sales. Tax deed sales are not the best piece of property to buy. You have to be aware of possible liens, reversals of purchase, be aware of the size of the lot you are bidding on, ect..So we shy away, although we have bought from them in the past. We prefer nice CLEAN deeds, free on a bunch of incorrect transfers. By the way, 1.25 acre lots CAN NOT be purchased for $900-$1000 anymore. I have seen them go as high as $4500, just depends on how many eBayers and other interested buyers show up and believe me there is ALWAYS interested buyers. It is not quite the piece of cake you make it out to be. Lets not go into the mistakes made by individuals who think they know how to add A PERSON, or transfer a deed only to find out from the county that it was incorrectly done. Just like you can go to Autozone and buy a new AC unit for your car and do some research and install the item yourself or you could just get a qualified mechanic to fix it, with a warranty, only in this case you are dealing with REAL ESTATE WITH A WARRANTY.

"All the stories about needing to know people to get in is just that.stories."
I have not read, nor heard, that you need to know someone to get into River Ranch. I believe people may have said know who you are buying from....as it used to be easy to be taken advantage of.

I believe your intent may have been good, but please do not bring us into the mix. We do provide a service and that service is needed or we would not be in business. Good luck at the sale! Thanks, Marc

River Ranch....Access to 70 square miles of the BEST Recreational Property in Florida!
MJLands.com
Contributing Member Plus

Don't HATE - Participate!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: June 11, 2007, 06:10:41 PM »

One more thing: Should someone decide to purchase from a tax deed, or from any other seller for that matter PLEASE ALLOW THE RRPOA TO ISSUE A CONSERVATION EASEMENT TO THE PROPERTY. This does not take from ownership of the lot in anyway, shape or form. It simply gives the RRPOA the oppurtunity to help feed the animals and maintain roads for EMS. If anyone needs help with th Easement, feel free to PM me. Thanks, Marc

River Ranch....Access to 70 square miles of the BEST Recreational Property in Florida!
Bigscrb15
Supreme Member

I'm a Florida Mud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: June 11, 2007, 06:48:58 PM »

If you want to know the absolute cheapest way to get RR land I will tell you......

Go onto the Polk Property Appraisers Website, www.polkpa.org and learn how to use it inside and out. Once you know how to search for property just in the RR area, find owners who bought it back in the 70's. Just about everyone that bought it back then lives up north. They bought it as investment and forgot about it. Find their name and address and send them a letter offering tax value for the property $630-800 or around $1000. Some of them will accept and sell it to you. You may even be able to use white pages and call the people if you know how to find them. I will say that 90% of the people that still own it are either (a) dead or (b) have their children handle it and the children aren't stupid and will research what its going rate is before selling.

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
SWAMP_DONKEY

« Reply #104 on: June 11, 2007, 09:48:21 PM »

One more thing: Should someone decide to purchase from a tax deed, or from any other seller for that matter PLEASE ALLOW THE RRPOA TO ISSUE A CONSERVATION EASEMENT TO THE PROPERTY. This does not take from ownership of the lot in anyway, shape or form. It simply gives the RRPOA the oppurtunity to help feed the animals and maintain roads for EMS. If anyone needs help with th Easement, feel free to PM me. Thanks, Marc

Thank you for bringing this up Marc.
JackL
Supreme Member

A enemy generally says and believes what he wishes

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: June 12, 2007, 12:00:10 AM »

.........I have been online since 110 baud Fidonet, which predates the public's use of the Internet.

So has every other guy that slept with Al Gore while we was inventing it. Grin

This might be the most offensive personal attack here yet.  Cry

Not meant to be offensive. Meant to be a joke. I have never met you and can only base your personality off your posts. I have heard stories from friends about you though. Granted, those are just 1 account of your character, but what they said, said alot. I come onto these forums to joke around and try not to take anything seriously. I will agree that a lot of your posts seem like you are bragging that your the best at whatever the topic may be, especially mud riding and it is very annoying. The people on this website would be a lot nicer to you if you would admit to that and try to change it.

I do believe you need to click this and get back to me:
http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=4707;sa=showPosts

The people on this website are very cool to me. It is a handful of ignorant people that are annoying here, and I ain't one of them.

EDIT: WOW, I should read the threads before replying. HAHAHAh, and here I thought I was the most hated guy here. I'll have to try harder.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2007, 12:07:17 AM by JackL » Logged

The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can’t do.
renmus
Supreme Member

I am a Florida Mudrider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: June 12, 2007, 06:47:38 AM »

If you want to know the absolute cheapest way to get RR land I will tell you......

Go onto the Polk Property Appraisers Website, www.polkpa.org and learn how to use it inside and out. Once you know how to search for property just in the RR area, find owners who bought it back in the 70's. Just about everyone that bought it back then lives up north. They bought it as investment and forgot about it. Find their name and address and send them a letter offering tax value for the property $630-800 or around $1000. Some of them will accept and sell it to you. You may even be able to use white pages and call the people if you know how to find them. I will say that 90% of the people that still own it are either (a) dead or (b) have their children handle it and the children aren't stupid and will research what its going rate is before selling.

This sounds logical.  I have been reading a lot on land sales from the 60-70s period, did you know that many of the people who were duped in these land schemes were offered switchouts for double the land on other properties the company sold?
big-daddy
Defender of the secret society!
Supreme Member

Home of the Brave

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: June 12, 2007, 07:42:12 AM »

now that was a deel......... was it Cape Coral?

I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member
renmus
Supreme Member

I am a Florida Mudrider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: June 12, 2007, 07:55:11 AM »

yes, I do believe that was one of the areas mentioned. 
big-daddy
Supreme Member

Home of the Brave

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: June 12, 2007, 08:06:09 AM »

My sister in law had land out there.

2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member
Joedirt
Supreme Member

I am a FloridaMud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: June 12, 2007, 08:12:48 AM »

No more words of wisdom from Captain Idiot???

2005 Vinson 4x4
2003 Big Bear 4x4
2001 Prarie 4x4
1987 Dirty Dakota Mud truck on 35 inch Boggers
big-daddy
Supreme Member

Home of the Brave

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: June 12, 2007, 08:28:25 AM »

Looks like all the house work got him busy, but if you are looking for the drama its on that site now. Its a nut house over there right now with all the fake screen names and the post wh0res. I see Paul trying to stop it, but its going to be hard to stop.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2007, 03:09:31 PM by big-daddy » Logged

2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member
JackL
Supreme Member

A enemy generally says and believes what he wishes

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: June 12, 2007, 08:36:03 AM »

I wonder how long it will be before dirtbooger and gaydirt show up...? Wink

The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can’t do.
SWAMP_DONKEY

« Reply #113 on: June 12, 2007, 02:22:07 PM »

My ex brother in laws, 3rd cousin knew a guy that had an old room mate that had some land out there but he sold it to a wana- be lawer that was disbared for being drunk and offensive that post here.
backwoods boy
Supreme Member

REBEL MOTORSPORTS

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: June 13, 2007, 03:27:59 PM »

now im p/o cuz i just paid full price in feb.  geez youre to slow man  Angry
no but really i own land out there and quite frankly i could care less who you tell about river ranch i know its kept me from ridin in illegal places [wich is good for our image as part of the 4 wheeling community] git as many people out there as possible its a great LEGAL place to ride just my $.02

NObama08 '' nigga please its the WHITE house''
LIVE FAST-PLAY HARD-DIE LAUGHING
Able

« Reply #115 on: June 13, 2007, 04:18:17 PM »

now im p/o cuz i just paid full price in feb.  geez youre to slow man  Angry
no but really i own land out there and quite frankly i could care less who you tell about river ranch i know its kept me from ridin in illegal places [wich is good for our image as part of the 4 wheeling community] git as many people out there as possible its a great LEGAL place to ride just my $.02

I'm glad you see it that way. Thank you for a good, intelligent response.
renmus
Supreme Member

I am a Florida Mudrider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: June 13, 2007, 04:39:59 PM »

My ex brother in laws, 3rd cousin knew a guy that had an old room mate that had some land out there but he sold it to a wana- be lawer that was disbared for being drunk and offensive that post here.

I think I know them both! 
big-daddy
Supreme Member

Home of the Brave

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: June 13, 2007, 05:04:44 PM »

What..................you know who?  Tongue

2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member
NEVER-ENOUGH

« Reply #118 on: June 13, 2007, 05:14:56 PM »

I would like to go there sometime! I am an exelent rider and guest if anyone would let me go with them I could show them how MUD riding is done.

can you drink there?
digginfool
Supreme Member

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: June 13, 2007, 06:01:58 PM »

"Any place there are no JERKS"  Hmmmm.... I guess you don't care for mirrors much, do you?   Cheesy

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". --Thomas Jefferson

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves ... a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."
NEVER-ENOUGH

« Reply #120 on: June 13, 2007, 07:50:43 PM »

"Any place there are no JERKS"  Hmmmm.... I guess you don't care for mirrors much, do you?   Cheesy

If you could see me you would know I love mirrors Wink dont let the fact that I love to mud ride fool you.
NYRAPTOR
Supreme Member

9/11/01 Never Forget

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: June 13, 2007, 09:09:43 PM »

HI-JACK
Able

« Reply #122 on: June 13, 2007, 09:50:32 PM »

Is it possible for the state and the leaf lickers to take control of river ranch even though it's owned by individuals ?
renmus
Supreme Member

I am a Florida Mudrider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: June 13, 2007, 09:58:49 PM »

Eminent domain  Huh
Able

« Reply #124 on: June 13, 2007, 10:08:35 PM »

I was referring to EPA or ferestry concerns
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10   Go Up
  Print