Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: So What's the Deal .................?  (Read 6140 times)
Able

« on: June 07, 2007, 12:43:35 AM »

With the River Ranch secrecy ?
It's open to any and all that buy there, there's no "must be approved by other members law", it's common knowledge. I can understand why they have a hidden section here for it for the members to talk about it, but do you really think it's a secret ? you can buy deeds on ebay, at mjlands, and at the county auction. trying to keep it a secret to only people you know get it is ridiculous. That's like saying we don't want any new members at our forum unless we all know and approve of them. To try is so far beyond possible it's actually funny. So why all the hard feeling if people post about it ? I mean, some go so far as to copy and paste posts from other sites like it's a big conspiracy or something. I don't get the big deal. Can someone explain this to me ?
yunt2ride
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2007, 09:23:02 AM »

Its a secret. Ain't noone telling.

1997 Chevrolet 4WD extended cab
2005 Polaris 500HO 4X4 Hunter Edition Camo
KAW3604x4

I am a Florida Mud Rider!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2007, 09:28:33 AM »

Why clutter the open forum with association discussions that have nothing to do with people who do not own property there or are affected by the conversations?? What's not to get?

Just reread your post and my statement above is inaccurate to your question. Sorry.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2007, 09:36:23 AM by KAW3604x4 » Logged

2007 F250 Crew Cab 6.0L FX4 w/Tow Command
09 Suzuki King Quad 750 Rockstar 4X4 27" ITP Mud Lites
http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/1497/fmrsmall2oi6.gif
Able

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2007, 09:54:34 AM »

It's not an association discussion. I am asking info on something that is public / common knowledge and if you consider someone asking for info "cluttering" the forum then simply don't read or reply.

Like I said I think it's a good idea to have the RR section here for members to talk if they want to without others knowing what they say so members can talk privately, but that doesn't mean no one that's not a member can't talk about it.  That's just ridiculous.
KAW3604x4

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2007, 10:04:46 AM »

Like I said and edited my post, I understand your post and I answered incorrectly.

greenmachine
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2007, 10:10:16 AM »

ssshhhh, it is a secret society of underground necks. If you want in just bring a case or two of Busch Lite beer & it is a done deal. Wink
Able

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2007, 10:15:58 AM »

ssshhhh, it is a secret society of underground necks. If you want in just bring a case or two of Busch Lite beer & it is a done deal. Wink

Cheesy  LMAO!

Sorry Kaw360 - I wasn't exactly clear on your first post. Thanks for setting that straight for me  Wink
KAW3604x4

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2007, 10:19:43 AM »

These forums are nice, but sometimes one misreads a post and answers the wrong question that was asked. No worries Able.

Bigscrb15
Supreme Member

I'm a Florida Mud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2007, 05:32:52 PM »

no one is trying to keep it secret. it has been around longer than atv's and is very well known throughout the state. but like kaw360 posted, we don't post about it in the open because it is not a public place and does not need public input. the more people out there, the more money the association makes and the more money they can put back into the place.

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
big-daddy
Defender of the secret society!
Supreme Member

Home of the Brave

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2007, 05:51:26 PM »

Maybe your wife will let you buy a deed out there....... Shocked

I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member
qt314nfla

« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2007, 06:23:39 PM »

Another problem that I can see is that in the past owners wanted to remain unknown.  Non-members use to barrage their PM boxes asking for invites out there every weekend.  Several have had bad experiences from inviting ppl they had only met on the websites out there.  So it was easier to keep it private.  In addition, it's not the other riders knowing about the area.  It's that conversations about it are not what the state needs to read.  They are the ppl trying to take everything and the ranch is also on the conservation (leaf licker) pathway of destruction.  So anything we say or pics we post are used against one of the last riding places in Florida.  Come buy property and join us.  Please don't bring me Busch Light unless you want me to puke in your boots.  However, I'd be happy to share my frozen margaritas and hootch on the bronco.
big-daddy
Supreme Member

Home of the Brave

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2007, 06:35:36 PM »

Another problem that I can see is that in the past owners wanted to remain unknown.  Non-members use to barrage their PM boxes asking for invites out there every weekend.  Several have had bad experiences from inviting ppl they had only met on the websites out there.  So it was easier to keep it private.  In addition, it's not the other riders knowing about the area.  It's that conversations about it are not what the state needs to read.  They are the ppl trying to take everything and the ranch is also on the conservation (leaf licker) pathway of destruction.  So anything we say or pics we post are used against one of the last riding places in Florida.  Come buy property and join us.  Please don't bring me Busch Light unless you want me to puke in your boots.  However, I'd be happy to share my frozen margaritas and hootch on the bronco.

QT, save your breath.  Cain just post on here to sell something or to stir crap on the site! Move on lil bus move on..... Wink

2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member
Able

« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2007, 09:10:38 PM »

no one is trying to keep it secret. it has been around longer than atv's and is very well known throughout the state. but like kaw360 posted, we don't post about it in the open because it is not a public place and does not need public input. the more people out there, the more money the association makes and the more money they can put back into the place.

I understand but like you post says the more people out there the more money, so why try to keep it so quiet ?

and for someone to tell me not to post about it in public is trying to control me..won't happen. it's public knowledge and I personally don't see a problem with it. Even if it was the elite members only club to talk about it that big daddy pretends it is it wouldn't work. my freedom of speech superseeds and deed restrictions.

I understand not wanting to identify members for that reason, but you still can't try to bar talking about rr. and the leaf lickers need their deeds to get in also as long as laws aren't violated.
Able

« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2007, 09:13:06 PM »

QT, save your breath.  Cain just post on here to sell something or to stir crap on the site! Move on lil bus move on..... Wink

Ricky you know how I feel about the situation with us. Every time we don't see eye to eye you pm me telling me to f off. I don't have time for people with such a limited mentality. however, you being one yelling keep it quiet are first to talk to everyone you meet about rr and until you removed them today you had pics of your camp posted at another site......= hypocrite.

Tell  you what, if where I post bothers you so much I'll agree to not post here as long as you agree to not post there. it'll be worth it to me.
big-daddy
Supreme Member

Home of the Brave

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2007, 09:15:47 PM »

Sorry Joe it doesnt brother me at all and for all the sh*t you start here I will stat it there. So write on!  Wink

2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member
Able

« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2007, 09:22:28 PM »

Ricky you're so mature that you blocked my pm's after sending me some rather rude ones, and obviously want to make it public with your last post so here's your response:

Ricky,
first off I have to tell you that in person and on the phone you are an exceptionally nice person, and thank you for taking me and my son to rr that weekend. it's unfortunate that we don't see eye to eye, but that's the case. regardless, I assure you I never messed with your pics. I try not to mess with peoples posts and even more so if I know them. I didn't edit your post just as I didn't when you continually said things that I didn't really like.
This time, just like when DS had the site, as soon as we disagreed on something you pm me telling me to f off. I thought we were a little better off than that, sorry to see I'm wrong. If you continue to visit there, great. But I won't be messing around with you anymore since I can't ever tell when you're going to get personal again and cuss me and talk real trash instead of just playing around. What ever  your online atv site preference, good luck and enjoy.

Cordially,

Joe
big-daddy
Supreme Member

Home of the Brave

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2007, 09:44:12 PM »

hehehehehe he got his panties in a bunch!  go Lil bus  Cry  Just to let everyone know able/ debatethis is Cain73 and he was ban from this site for being a jerk to the mods. here only come here just to stir crap and to sell stuff. I dont think he ever help any one on this site.

2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member
Able

« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2007, 09:49:38 PM »

Hey I found out who deleted those pics that you tried saying was me.......

that's just the kind of person you are I guess
qt314nfla

« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2007, 09:54:46 PM »

Alright boys enough is enough.  It's been asked that we don't take our stuff over to the other site.  And if it shows up there it gets deleted.  Please offer the same respect and don't bring up things from there over here.  I'm speaking to all guilty parties.   Kiss and make up already. Shocked
Able

« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2007, 09:56:56 PM »

Alright boys enough is enough.  It's been asked that we don't take our stuff over to the other site.  And if it shows up there it gets deleted.  Please offer the same respect and don't bring up things from there over here.  I'm speaking to all guilty parties.   Kiss and make up already. Shocked

I only posted the proof that he deleted his own pics from his rr camp since he came here and said I did it. the proof is in the pic I posted. don't worry he and I are through talking.
big-daddy
Supreme Member

Home of the Brave

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2007, 10:00:36 PM »

Joe did the bus get a flat here............You're bring the drama over here!  keep it there if you want to keep it going.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2007, 10:16:35 PM by big-daddy » Logged

2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member
Able

« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2007, 10:23:21 PM »

changing an icon doesn't put a "last edited by" above the post.
Da_Mtg_Man
extraordinaire
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2007, 10:42:51 PM »

Both of you drop it.

FLORIDA MUD RIDER
Bigscrb15
Supreme Member

I'm a Florida Mud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2007, 10:43:04 PM »

changing an icon doesn't put a "last edited by" above the post.

actually it does, not sure what this whole deal is about, just thought I would say it does add that when you change and icon.

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
z400stunter

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2007, 10:59:14 PM »

LOOOOOUUUUDDDD  NOISES!!!!!!   Cheesy

JUMP IT!
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com