Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: any body ride here?  (Read 8085 times)
cubanprep24

View Profile

Ignore
« on: June 06, 2007, 02:06:10 PM »

does any body ride on the oppisite side of macks fish camp on krome avenue? I was there last weekand and had a blast and just want to know if anyone else rides here, thanks ;

2006 blue yamaha raptor 350-sold
2008 white suzuki z400
2007 black suzuki king quad 450
snowmanzz13
Supreme Member

when are we going riding?

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2007, 03:09:36 PM »

where you go down off the road and you go down and around a guard rail and then back onto the road behind that road? yea for a bout a minute until a cop said no and gave my friends dad a warning for us being over there

banshee Sad for sale
blaster 200 gone
ds 650   for sale
odyssey   for sale
polaris sportsman 700   for sale
helmets save lives, so wear one!!

http://www.myspace.com/954snowmann
06 BaNsHeE
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2007, 03:35:32 PM »

yea but its really illegal.If your going to ride there make sure your bike is quiet and you stay inside the forest the whole time.You can also get in there by 137 and 8st
cubanprep24

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2007, 03:51:37 PM »

where you go down off the road and you go down and around a guard rail and then back onto the road behind that road? yea for a bout a minute until a cop said no and gave my friends dad a warning for us being over there
yea thats what im talking about

2008 white suzuki z400
snowmanzz13
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2007, 03:53:07 PM »

basically illegal

banshee Sad for sale
blaster 200 gone
ds 650   for sale
odyssey   for sale

cubanprep24

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2007, 04:47:36 PM »

alright thanks, its a shame because thats such a great spot

2008 white suzuki z400
JackL
Supreme Member

A enemy generally says and believes what he wishes

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2007, 10:57:56 PM »

It ain't 1/4 as cool as it was in the past. I would sure like to try accessing from 8th/157th though....Wink

The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can’t do.
Justbilly

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2007, 11:56:52 AM »

Are you talking about Rinker, on the north side of 8th street?

I swear the mud at rinker is bottomless.
06 BaNsHeE
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2007, 12:21:21 PM »

^^ yea thats what it is.I love rinker
Raptor700

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2007, 12:25:37 PM »

I've rode there it's pretty good for for fast riding trails when its dry. The only way i know how to get there now is to park in the neighbor hood and ride to the train tracks in front of Rinker's plant entrance. You ride down to the end of the tracks and there you go. They have it sectioned off in big squares now. I wouldn't really want to go now on a sport bike cause it gets really deep water and very soft ground. And its illegal. some times the cops are next to the tracks waiting for you. I think Rinker calls them out because there is no one else around.
TNTaylor
MudMarine

Lead, follow, or get out of the way.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2007, 01:01:58 PM »

Does anyone here ride the area in Florida City south of the Homestead HS between Card Sound and Palm Drive.  I live close by and have been riding there regularly without any problems with the law.  I've heard conflicting stories on the whether this place is legal.  Local LE have passed me many times but have never bothered me.  There is plenty of mud and trails for most type of ORVs.  I've ridden trails all the way back to Turkey Point and never been hasseled by anyone.

2006 Suzuki Vinson Camo
2007 Raptor 700
Raptor700

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2007, 03:41:52 PM »

I live in Homestead and ride there as well. Personally I think 8th street (Lost Lake) is far better. A lot of that area is under water management they will ticket you or even arrest you if you are caught riding in over in the cooling canals area. The other areas are leased by the cement plant company they are the ones digging all the lakes. Then you have the farmers and nurseries private land. So that really only leaves you to ride at the Humps which is quiet a small area. Still it's fun but Lost Lake is far better IMO. TNT maybe we could meet up and go riding sometime I'm always looking for someone to go ridding with.
cubanprep24

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2007, 12:40:15 AM »

well yea i rode here last saturday with my dad and his friends and it was a blast wanted to just know some info on it but yea it was crazy with the deep water to be riding through and some nice trails as well

2008 white suzuki z400
gery350
Supreme Member

no guts, no glory

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2007, 01:39:53 AM »

Use to go to lost lake every weekend. Some of the best riding to be found there.

hey this is klutchbuster350, me and rl400*mostly rl400* made my dad this sig. now lets see how long it takes him to notice lol
hey while im here...........klutchbuster rules!!!!!!
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif
Justbilly

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2007, 08:19:02 AM »

Does anyone here ride the area in Florida City south of the Homestead HS between Card Sound and Palm Drive.  I live close by and have been riding there regularly without any problems with the law.  I've heard conflicting stories on the whether this place is legal.  Local LE have passed me many times but have never bothered me.  There is plenty of mud and trails for most type of ORVs.  I've ridden trails all the way back to Turkey Point and never been hasseled by anyone.

Eventually you will see your frames starting to rust for riding at the hump.  There is a lot of saltly mud, brackish water out there. 

JackL
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2007, 08:49:59 AM »

Eventually you will see your frames starting to rust for riding at the hump.  There is a lot of saltly mud, brackish water out there. 

Thats what pressure washers are for!

The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can’t do.
snowmanzz13
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2007, 09:33:28 AM »

exactly jack, thats why pressure washers were made, to clean our atv's duh!! lol i gotta go put my pressure washer in the trailer for when we go to north carolina this weekend Grin

banshee Sad for sale
blaster 200 gone
ds 650   for sale
odyssey   for sale

TNTaylor
MudMarine

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2007, 08:18:46 PM »

Raptor700. Where is Lost Lake? I usually ride with my son & son-in-law, both on sport quads, a blue Raptor 700 and a white LZ400. I ride a Vinson Camo and continuously pull their asses out of mudholes. Watch for us out there and you're welcome to hook up with us anytime.  We went to 8th & 157 this weekend and I have to say, its way better than the hump.  Wink  Our next stop is Holeyland when it reopens.   

2006 Suzuki Vinson Camo
2007 Raptor 700
JackL
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2007, 11:33:18 PM »

Raptor700. Where is Lost Lake? I usually ride with my son & son-in-law, both on sport quads, a blue Raptor 700 and a white LZ400. I ride a Vinson Camo and continuously pull their asses out of mudholes. Watch for us out there and you're welcome to hook up with us anytime.  We went to 8th & 157 this weekend and I have to say, its way better than the hump.  Wink  Our next stop is Holeyland when it reopens.   

Lost Lake IS 8th/157th. At least the one we are talking about, not the super cool one at the turnpike/75. Sad

TNTaylor
MudMarine

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2007, 07:02:42 AM »

Thanks JackL.  I thought he was refering to a Lost Lake somewhere off 8th St in Homestead.  We rode 8th & 157th Sat and it was great.  Many people were stopped by a FWC officer but somehow we missed him.  I hope they don't close that area...  Sad

2006 Suzuki Vinson Camo
2007 Raptor 700
Old Grizzly

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2007, 07:36:46 AM »

If people were being stopped does that mean it not legal at 8th/157th.
Also could you tell me directions there i'd like to check it out this weekend.
Raptor700

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2007, 12:24:08 PM »

8th street and 157 ave is not legal. Most of the land is under water management and is being sold off to developers and the native Indians. So some of it is private land and some is water management. In my experience riding out there, if you park at the lake and not on 8th street you won't draw attention to the number of people going. So the FWC over look you riding out there. Its when people start riding and racing down 8th street is when the cops come and tell everyone to leave.
JackL
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2007, 01:17:06 AM »

BINGO. Stay on the trails and you will have no problems. During the week is an excellent time to ride it.

Raptor700

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2007, 07:57:35 AM »

I would love to ride during the week. But my only time avalable is Saturday on occasion Sunday. TNTaylor I'll keep my eyes open for you. I ride a grey and red Raptor with red handle bars so I you spot me sling some mud at me you to JackL your riding adventures are intertaining keep the pictures and movies comming. I hope to meet alot of the people here at the Rally.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com