Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Engagement Rings  (Read 12996 times)
Honda328i
Supreme Member

I do my own stunts

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2007, 12:27:48 AM »

How much you spend on a ring will depend largely on your budget and perhaps your credit.  It also communicates a lot to and from your fiance.  While "bigger is better" might sound like the thing to do, it may not be.  If your bride to be is more concerned about the size of her ring than her love and commitment to your relationship, you might want to reconsider.  There are lots of women out there that don't have a 2K diamond that are very happily married.  She just wants to know that she is more important to you then any other girl, and that you have chosen this ring as a enduring symbol of your lifelong relationship.  With that in mind, buy one that she will still have on her 50th.

My wife has a Marquis stone, but then we bought her wedding band as a wrap with several diamonds and sapphires that interlocks with the engagement ring.  I picked the engagement ring, and then she chose the wedding ring.  That way too, I didn't have to buy it all at once.

If you don't have the money early in marriage, you can always have the original diamond re-set into a larger arrangement on your 10th or 20th anniversary.  If you do have the ability to spend 2-3 months salary, then do so, but first educate yourself on the different clarities, cuts, and colors.  Then, buy one with certified papers so you aren't just taking someone's word on the quality.  Good luck!

cycole

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2007, 09:35:11 AM »

Read as much as you can so when you go to buy you know what you are looking
At, ask to see the grading report (GIA), have the stone apprised buy a outside source
If possible, also a lot  of imperfections can be hidden in the setting. This link has a lot of good   
Info http://www.bridaltips.com/diamond.htm  A nice stone will throw more light and look more impressive
then a frozen ball of snot. It is a big purchase good luck

Cheers CyCole

2005 King Quad
2005 Eiger
fdndantpa

I rather be riding.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2007, 10:00:27 AM »

women come and go wheelers are forever.... they dont cheat on you. and they love you or kill you by smashing into a tree. just sayin
SWAMP_DONKEY

« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2007, 11:28:34 AM »

women come and go wheelers are forever.... they dont cheat on you. and they love you or kill you by smashing into a tree. just sayin

Get a Wife that wont cheat, ....keep them happy and work on the relationship everyday and honor her with trust and loyalty, show interest in her and her hobbies, and appreciate everything she does and you will never have a problem Wink
jayman
Supreme Member

LTR- Love To Ride

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2007, 11:36:43 AM »

Good advice swamp donkey.  Or you could just buy her an atv and tell her to shut her mouth.  Shocked  (well  maybe that wont work!!!)

2006 RTR Performance LTR450 #15- Mine
2008 RTR Performance TRX450R #42- Sons
2008 Poooolaris RZR #64- Wifes

www.centralfllistings.com
Bigscrb15
Supreme Member

I'm a Florida Mud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2007, 01:14:09 PM »

Get a Wife that wont cheat, ....keep them happy and work on the relationship everyday and honor her with trust and loyalty, show interest in her and her hobbies, and appreciate everything she does and you will never have a problem Wink

Clapper Clapper

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
fdndantpa

I rather be riding.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2007, 01:18:03 PM »

Forget that mess get some girlfriends do what ya got to do with em and then go wheelin. It saves money in the long run.. just sayin..
dirtyrooster

Ride it like you hate it!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: June 07, 2007, 02:09:28 PM »

I dont know where you are located, but I just bought one from Monahans at Neptune Beach in Jacksonville. Best selection I'd seen anywhere at what I thought was a good price

'06 Predator 500
customrubicon
Supreme Member

It's Time To ride, B4 The Mud Gets Dry !!!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: June 07, 2007, 07:07:31 PM »

the bigger the better for most ladies

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v333/customrubicon/fmrsig-2.jpg

2003 rubicon
2002 kingquad
2004 LRX 90
2004 LRX 50
1979 bronco
2004 rhino
fishfry

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: June 07, 2007, 09:25:02 PM »

Save your self the on the size and whatever.
Make her get her own. Take her to Arkansa. The Crater of Diamonds State Park and make her dig for her own diamond.
Make a trip out of it and take the ATVs with you.

http://www.craterofdiamondsstatepark.com/

A bad day in the woods is better then a good day at work.

500 mule (for sale)
Bronco II
Smoknbanshee
Supreme Member

When the green light drops, all bull$hit stops!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: June 07, 2007, 09:38:51 PM »

Size does matter to my wife, 

What a coincedence, Mine too.  Wink

now you know why i am broke all the time.

Team FBI (Florida Boy's Inc.)
A$$ Crack Racing
Choke on my Smoke!
Smoknbanshee
Supreme Member

When the green light drops, all bull$hit stops!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: June 07, 2007, 09:40:46 PM »

Go to Sam's club or Costco, they have very good quality diamonds and the prices are very reasonable.  Never buy a diamond from a mall store, they "doctor" their diamonds to make them look clearer than they are, you will be disappointed in the end.  I just got engaged two months ago and shopped around for a ring for about 6 months.  Do your homework and familiarize yourself with the clarity and quality of diamonds.  Good luck.

your information is invalid.  I have friends that work at kay's and they don't do that to their diamonds.  I purchased a very nice diamond for less than 1/2 the appraisal of it from kay's.  I agree that you need to do your homework, but kay's does have quality diamonds.

Team FBI (Florida Boy's Inc.)
A$$ Crack Racing
Choke on my Smoke!
yfz122
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: June 10, 2007, 02:57:29 PM »

thanks for this thread. after reading this i have to go out and buy a bigger diamond. all of a sudden she's not happy Cry

Next thing you know they'll take my thoughts away
KB

« Reply #38 on: June 10, 2007, 08:56:58 PM »

Save your self the on the size and whatever.
Make her get her own. Take her to Arkansa. The Crater of Diamonds State Park and make her dig for her own diamond.
Make a trip out of it and take the ATVs with you.

http://www.craterofdiamondsstatepark.com/

LOL , thats  funny
dalesgrl

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: June 11, 2007, 10:54:32 PM »

Yah, thanks for the thread.  Now I have an excuse to get a bigger diamond!!!! Wait, women dont need an excuse do they?  LOL
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com