Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Parking Area off Rt19 at the end of a Delancy trail loop?  (Read 2620 times)
BradG47

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« on: June 03, 2007, 04:04:59 PM »

Hey Grizzly,

A couple of weeks ago we were riding the Delancy loops and road to the end of the trail where it dumps out on Rt. 19.  We were shocked to see a constuction project for what appears to be a new parking area.   I assume this is for ORV parking?   

If so, do you have the details such as:
Opening Date?
Parking Fees?
I see the new vault toilet, will there be water available?
Are they putting in a new connector trail to the Longleaf loop?   

I think they should for the following reasons:

If not, the Delancy loops will be trash in no time.
The Delancy loops are really tight (I like that!) and it is difficult to pass if you meet another group going the other way. 
I think we need a wide trail to get to and from the Longleaf loop for safety!

I hope to hear that this is for ORV parking since driving to West Delancy Campground of Rt. 19 can pretty much trash one's nice truck and trailer.  Sometimes the ladies in the family go and they insist there are bathroom facilities available, otherwise I'd park somewhere other than Lake Delancy.   

Also I want to say I personally don't mind at all paying $6.00 per vehicle to go riding at ONF.   It is a small price to pay to have such a great place to ride.

Thanks,

Brad G.

GrizzlyBear
Supreme Member

ONFA President, Florida OHV Rec Committee Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2007, 08:26:38 AM »

This is one of the new Trailheads. Currently there are 4. (one on the wandering wiregrass in Pailsey, one at Rodman, one on FR 75 between FR 88 and FR 97 plus the one on rt 19)  All Trailheads have vault toilets, but no running water.  These trailheads are almost complete, but do not have signage yet.

The Delancy loops do connect to the Longleaf Trail over north of the Delancy campground.  They are tight because they are for atv's and motorcycles only.

2006 Rhino Special Edition
2006 Grizzly 660
2003 Raptor 660 (son)
2003 Yamaha Kodiak

www.onfa.org
BradG47

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2007, 04:50:37 PM »

Grizzly,

When will the new parking area on Rt. 19 be open?

Thanks,

BradG
GrizzlyBear
Supreme Member

ONFA President, Florida OHV Rec Committee Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2007, 05:32:17 PM »

As is always the case with the Federal Govt., it takes longer then usual.  We are working on signage now, hopefully it should be soon.  Sorry I can't give you a better answer.

2006 Rhino Special Edition
2006 Grizzly 660
2003 Raptor 660 (son)
2003 Yamaha Kodiak

www.onfa.org
stacktester
Supreme Member

Proud of our servicemen and women

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2007, 06:45:50 PM »

Hey Grizzly,

A couple of weeks ago we were riding the Delancy loops and road to the end of the trail where it dumps out on Rt. 19.  We were shocked to see a constuction project for what appears to be a new parking area.   I assume this is for ORV parking?  

If so, do you have the details such as:
Opening Date?
Parking Fees?
I see the new vault toilet, will there be water available?
Are they putting in a new connector trail to the Longleaf loop?  

I think they should for the following reasons:

If not, the Delancy loops will be trash in no time.
The Delancy loops are really tight (I like that!) and it is difficult to pass if you meet another group going the other way. 
I think we need a wide trail to get to and from the Longleaf loop for safety!

I hope to hear that this is for ORV parking since driving to West Delancy Campground of Rt. 19 can pretty much trash one's nice truck and trailer.  Sometimes the ladies in the family go and they insist there are bathroom facilities available, otherwise I'd park somewhere other than Lake Delancy.   

Also I want to say I personally don't mind at all paying $6.00 per vehicle to go riding at ONF.   It is a small price to pay to have such a great place to ride.

Thanks,

Brad G.

Wow, a positive comment. I've quit coming on this board for a while now because usually somebody is arguing with another or somebody is po'd at somebody. We're going to Big Scrub tomorrow for the day. I was seeing if anybody else had been down and if the rain was helping keep some of the dust down.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2007, 06:47:30 PM by stacktester » Logged

Honda Rancher 4x4 ES
Newmembers good friend
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com