Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: You want a chance to protest???  (Read 8339 times)
Bigscrb15
Supreme Member

I'm a Florida Mud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2007, 08:01:05 PM »

Well the forest is a lost cause in my opinion because it is mainly controlled by the FEDS! We are after the state to open up parks like croom! no sissy speed limits or girly tire treads, just wear saftey gear and have fun! A protest of anyone enough will get things done because they wont want us showing up at their precious meetings and making them actually work.

Maybe this is going the wrong way for me........I was hoping for a State run park thats more for the family with family safety in mind with picnic areas next to lake, not a park with people speeding around.

Shawn , first L-cross and now your comments. Sorry but, I'm pulling out of the Rally idea, its not what all of us want. 

Thanks

Ricky, There are lots of people on the board that want what you want. You know Josh and I do no ride sport quads and love to trail ride with family and friends. We would love a place like you describe. The forest rules we have heard rumors about would even be extreme for your case. I honestly believe they wants Turf tires, no aftermarket exhausts, slow speed limits, limited amount of trails. The national forest is going to be more of a nature preserve that allows environmentalists to ride an OHV between 1 bird nest to the next endarngered flower. I think all Shawn was trying to say is we don't need to waste time on the Federal level. Instead we need to work at the state level to open up parks in our state for all of us.

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
big-daddy
Defender of the secret society!
Supreme Member

Home of the Brave

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2007, 08:12:48 PM »

Well the forest is a lost cause in my opinion because it is mainly controlled by the FEDS! We are after the state to open up parks like croom! no sissy speed limits or girly tire treads, just wear saftey gear and have fun! A protest of anyone enough will get things done because they wont want us showing up at their precious meetings and making them actually work.

Maybe this is going the wrong way for me........I was hoping for a State run park thats more for the family with family safety in mind with picnic areas next to lake, not a park with people speeding around.

Shawn , first L-cross and now your comments. Sorry but, I'm pulling out of the Rally idea, its not what all of us want. 

Thanks

I'm confused! So what you are saying is that at the state ran parks you want everyone to be going slow and they must have their family with them in order to ride?

No.....What you want and what some of us want are two different thing. I personal don't want my son driving in a area that has people racing around.

Speed Kills.........Hey and thats my opinion!   

I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member
Bigscrb15
Supreme Member

I'm a Florida Mud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2007, 08:16:42 PM »

I agree about speed killing. That's one thing that scares me to death about Ocala is the 70mph head-on traffic. Of course your sons mini Raptor will almost outrun all the other sportquads, lol.

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
dreth

« Reply #28 on: June 06, 2007, 11:19:21 PM »

Ricky, what bigscrub said is exactly what i meant! not to mention that i want one way trails for the high speed riders so they dont effect the slow family and kid riders. The forest is just a waste of time because they only do things their "tree hugging" way. The state is taking our money therefore the state is who we have a problem with. I want a spot for all riders. mud pit, family trails, fast trails, drag racers and so on.
Honda328i
Supreme Member

I do my own stunts

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: June 06, 2007, 11:39:10 PM »

Perhaps to put it simply... Durhamtown, but in Florida.  Am I right?  Wink

dreth

« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2007, 07:34:20 AM »

Perhaps to put it simply... Durhamtown, but in Florida.  Am I right?  Wink

you hit it right on the head, and durhamtown is very family friendly Cool
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up