Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: You want a chance to protest???  (Read 8310 times)
Paul_S
Supreme Member

FloridaMotoplex.com

View Profile

Ignore
« on: June 03, 2007, 09:01:08 AM »

As you may be aware, there is a meeting of big wigs and leaf lickers in Tallahassee the weekend after the Rally.

How cool would it be if we all turned up, bikes on trailers and demanded to be heard?

We could bring that place to a standstill.

http://www.floridaatv.com/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=46&topic=1795.0

Who would go??
« Last Edit: June 03, 2007, 09:14:14 AM by Paul_S » Logged
ScooterB

Trying Not to Offend Anyone and Failing

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2007, 09:04:10 AM »

Ill be there !!!!!!

06 Honda Rancher 350ES 
10 KTM 200 XCW
01 KX 125
FTR # 63C SSR-C
Certified ASI ATV Safety Instructor
SADRA
NPORA
Ida_Mann
Supreme Member

Location: There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.

I own and wear a purple sombrero

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2007, 10:14:37 AM »

if I can, you better believe I'd be there,,,,,,on an open trailer so they can see the quads.

Id@

Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."
Paul_S
Supreme Member

FloridaMotoplex.com

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2007, 09:24:43 PM »

if I can, you better believe I'd be there,,,,,,on an open trailer so they can see the quads.

Id@

That's 3 of us  Grin
1FasterBlaster

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2007, 06:54:11 AM »

Somebody wants to trailer me up, I'll go too.
dreth

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2007, 08:49:15 AM »

im there
LostCause
Supreme Member

SSQSA is coming back!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2007, 09:13:58 AM »

Grin
I don't think that this should be a protest.  I think that we would get much further with the attitude of trying to help in a constructive criticism type of way. 

Wish I could go........but other things are planed.

We have the ability to control our future.

www.SSQSA.net

Thanks to our sponsors: Walsh Racecraft, X-Tream Clean, Ripixx, Goon with Style, Pit Posse, Amsoil, Equalibryum, Crown Wear, Answer, MSR, AXO, Slackercross, UFO, MXRESULTZ
Paul_S
Supreme Member

FloridaMotoplex.com

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2007, 09:22:47 AM »

Grin
I don't think that this should be a protest.  I think that we would get much further with the attitude of trying to help in a constructive criticism type of way. 

Wish I could go........but other things are planed.

We do that at the meetings anyway. They still do what they want.  Sad

This is an in your face, we are tired of the same old cr@p protest, filling the area with thousands of quad laden trucks & trailers. People have been asking for this forever, let's see who wants to put up.

A few of the board members and myself are going to go to the meeting anyway, it would be cool to have some support.
Bigscrb15
Supreme Member

I'm a Florida Mud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2007, 09:58:23 AM »

Ill see if I can go, I really want to....... Probably be best to meet somewhere out outside of Tally and roll in together.

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
GrizzlyBear
Supreme Member

ONFA President, Florida OHV Rec Committee Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2007, 11:37:05 AM »

Attached is the agenda of what this meeting is about.

Route Designation Workshop
For Land Managers, OHV Enthusiasts and Other Stakeholders

June 28 – July 1, 2007

Staybridge Suites
1600 Summit Lake Drive
Tallahassee, FL
850-219-7000

Agency Personnel    - Thursday, June 28, 8AM - 5PM
-  Friday, June 29, 8AM - 1PM

Public       -  Saturday, June 30, 8AM - 5PM
-  Sunday, July 1, 8AM - 3:30PM

The National Off-Highway Vehicle Conservation Council (NOHVCC) is conducting a Motorized Route Designation Workshop in June for agency personnel and other stakeholders interested in travel management on National Forests in Florida. The purpose of this workshop is to assist the Forest Service and other stakeholders in effective implementation of the USFS Travel Management Rule in their State. While the sessions on Thursday and Friday are designed primarily for Forest Service personnel and the sessions on Saturday and Sunday are designed primarily for the public, the sessions are open to all who want to attend and there is no charge. Other state and federal agency personnel are welcome and encouraged to attend both sessions. Continental breakfast will be served at 7:30 AM each day. Lunch and breaks will also be provided.
Please note this workshop addresses the Forest Service Travel Management Rule and route designation process and is not a Forest Service meeting to gather comments on any particular travel plan. Rather, this workshop will help you understand the process, how to best participate in the process and how to provide meaningful comments during the entire process.Registration is required on-line at:

https://conference.nohvcc.org/?EVENT&EVENTCODE=010193-29&PASSWORD=4718&template=rdwFL

As you can see, the workshop is about how to set up routes in the National Forest as per the the travel management rule.  Paul and other board members should go, so that they know how to properly respond when the time comes for phase II, but it is not the type meeting that you can protest any problems.

2006 Rhino Special Edition
2006 Grizzly 660
2003 Raptor 660 (son)
2003 Yamaha Kodiak

www.onfa.org
550superquad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2007, 11:52:14 AM »

hey grizz,
will they post a notice to let us know when it is good for them for us to protest Cool

1985 huffy girls bike
green with white stripes on the chaingaurd
mid-level ape hangers with green glitter grips & white plastic woven handlebar basket
one mirror,whip flag & thumb bell on handle bar's 
extra long Bannana Seat
GrizzlyBear
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2007, 11:55:11 AM »

Probably not,  but I will.

2006 Grizzly 660
2003 Raptor 660 (son)
2003 Yamaha Kodiak

www.onfa.org
550superquad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2007, 01:11:25 PM »

Cool Cool

1985 huffy girls bike
green with white stripes on the chaingaurd
mid-level ape hangers with green glitter grips & white plastic woven handlebar basket
one mirror,whip flag & thumb bell on handle bar's 
extra long Bannana Seat
JackL
Supreme Member

A enemy generally says and believes what he wishes

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2007, 02:33:59 PM »

Any deep south folks going? PM me. Wink

The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can’t do.
Bigscrb15
Supreme Member

I'm a Florida Mud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2007, 09:44:43 PM »

June 28 – July 1, 2007

Staybridge Suites
1600 Summit Lake Drive
Tallahassee, FL
850-219-7000

The National Off-Highway Vehicle Conservation Council (NOHVCC) is conducting a Motorized Route Designation Workshop in June for agency personnel and other stakeholders interested in travel management on National Forests in Florida. The purpose of this workshop is to assist the Forest Service and other stakeholders in effective implementation of the USFS Travel Management Rule in their State. While the sessions on Thursday and Friday are designed primarily for Forest Service personnel and the sessions on Saturday and Sunday are designed primarily for the public, the sessions are open to all who want to attend and there is no charge. Other state and federal agency personnel are welcome and encouraged to attend both sessions. Continental breakfast will be served at 7:30 AM each day. Lunch and breaks will also be provided.
Please note this workshop addresses the Forest Service Travel Management Rule and route designation process and is not a Forest Service meeting to gather comments on any particular travel plan. Rather, this workshop will help you understand the process, how to best participate in the process and how to provide meaningful comments during the entire process.Registration is required on-line at:

https://conference.nohvcc.org/?EVENT&EVENTCODE=010193-29&PASSWORD=4718&template=rdwFL

As you can see, the workshop is about how to set up routes in the National Forest as per the the travel management rule.  Paul and other board members should go, so that they know how to properly respond when the time comes for phase II, but it is not the type meeting that you can protest any problems.

They finally have a meeting on a weekend and it is not to get our opinion, it is to teach us the process. Guess What? They WILL hear from us that weekend. Grin  Anything that has to do with OHV is a chance to protest. The problem is, we don't do it enough. We do maybe 1 protest every year or so. We need to start protesting at EVERY chance.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2007, 09:47:36 PM by Bigscrb15 » Logged

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
bigscrub79
Supreme Member

I'm a Florida Mud Rider!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2007, 09:49:01 PM »

June 28 – July 1, 2007

Staybridge Suites
1600 Summit Lake Drive
Tallahassee, FL
850-219-7000

They finally have a meeting on a weekend and it is not to get our opinion, it is to teach us the process. Guess What? They WILL hear from us that weekend. Grin  Anything that has to do with OHV is a chance to protest. The problem is, we don't do it enough. We do maybe 1 protest every year or so. We need to start protesting at EVERY chance.
Clapper Clapper Clapper

ladyinpink

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2007, 03:55:55 PM »

Ya All found this on one of them there other websites, ya all have got it right, protest..ya all it is time we all show them all. Ya all i think it was this mr. terry that said something in another thread "This meeting has nothing to do with any trails in the Ocala National Forest, or any forest in Florida.  It explains how the process is done.  I will be attending, it is similar to the seminar held in Ocala last year in May." I might be a confused blonde but why in tar nation if the meeting has nothing to do with trails in florida, then why in tar nation are they all even having it, and why in gods heaven is this mr. terry attending?

Here is your change to be heard..

June 28 ? July 1, 2007

Staybridge Suites
1600 Summit Lake Drive, Tallahassee, FL
850-219-7000

Agency Personnel - Thursday, June 28, 8AM - 5PM
- Friday, June 29, 8AM - 1PM

Public - Saturday, June 30, 8AM - 5PM
- Sunday, July 1, 8AM - 3:30PM

Please note this workshop addresses the Forest Service Travel Management Rule and route designation process and is not a Forest Service meeting to gather comments on any particular travel plan. Rather, this workshop will help you understand the process, how to best participate in the process and how to provide meaningful comments during the entire process.
Registration is required on-line at:
https://conference.nohvcc.org/?EVENT...template=rdwFL

Or you may visit www.nohvcc.org and click on the ?Forest Service OHV Route Designation Workshops and Database? link to register.

The registration deadline is June 19, 2007. For questions about registration contact Ann Vance at 888-458-0131 or e-mail avance@nohvcc.org .

NOHVCC has secured a limited number of rooms at the Staybridge Suites, 1600 Summit Lake Drive, Tallahassee, FL 32317. These rooms are on a first come basis at the rate of $84.00 + tax per night. Ask for the NOHVCC room block. Deadline for this rate is June19, 2007. After that date, call for price and availability.

This national workshop series is sponsored by the Americans for Responsible Recreational Access (ARRA), the Motorcycle Industry Council (MIC) and the Specialty Vehicle Institute of America (SVIA). Coordination of the workshops is provided by the NOHVCC. Design of the workshop sessions was a collaborative effort by professional trail consultants, ARRA, MIC, SVIA, American Motorcyclist Association (AMA), Blue Ribbon Coalition (BRC), United Four Wheel Drive Associations (UFWDA), and NOHVCC, with input from USFS trail managers.

The Agency Workshop objectives are:

? To develop a better understanding of the needs and concerns of OHV enthusiasts and other stakeholders in implementation of the USFS Travel Management Rule
? To improve the quality and the sustainability of trails, trail systems and areas through the implementation process
? To improve OHV enthusiast and other stakeholder input and support for the implementation process
? To increase partnerships between the USFS, the OHV industry, OHV enthusiasts and other stakeholders
? To facilitate better communication between the USFS, OHV enthusiasts and other stakeholders

OHV Enthusiasts and Other Stakeholders Workshop objectives are:

? To develop an understanding of the FS Travel Management Rule
? To help OHV enthusiasts and other stakeholders become more active in route designation decisions
? To help OHV enthusiasts and other stakeholders understand how to improve the quality and sustainability of trails, trails systems and areas through the implementation process
? To increase partnerships between the USFS, the OHV industry, OHV enthusiasts and other stakeholders
? To facilitate better communication between the USFS, OHV enthusiasts and other stakeholders

The National Off-Highway Vehicle Conservation Council is a non-profit educational foundation. For information regarding NOHVCC and its workshop programs visit its website at www.nohvcc.org.
GrizzlyBear
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2007, 04:09:03 PM »

To answer your question. I am attending as a guest of Jack Terrell, who is with NOVACC.  NOVACC is putting the seminar on.  It is for USFS Personnel on Thursday and Friday and for the public on the Weekend.  It is very unlikely that any govt employees who will be there on Thur & Fri will stick around for the weekend.  The weekend is for the public to learn how the process works.  This will be by speakers associated with NOVACC (a group who is very much on our side), not by the USFS.  I am only saying if you are coming to protest, these are not the people to protest to, these people are trying to help.  If you want to learn, please come.

2006 Grizzly 660
2003 Raptor 660 (son)
2003 Yamaha Kodiak

www.onfa.org
dreth

« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2007, 08:53:32 PM »

Well the forest is a lost cause in my opinion because it is mainly controlled by the FEDS! We are after the state to open up parks like croom! no sissy speed limits or girly tire treads, just wear saftey gear and have fun! A protest of anyone enough will get things done because they wont want us showing up at their precious meetings and making them actually work.
Paul_S
Supreme Member

FloridaMotoplex.com

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2007, 10:25:18 PM »

2,000 trailers full of quads will get a lot of attention and start people noticing our problems, right meeting or not.

7 or 8 will just be a joke.  Sad
dreth

« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2007, 06:12:58 AM »

2,000 trailers full of quads will get a lot of attention and start people noticing our problems, right meeting or not.

7 or 8 will just be a joke.  Sad

AMEN!
ladyinpink

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2007, 06:25:30 AM »

In tar nation mr. grizzley you all tell me that this here meeting has nothing to do with trails in florida, but you are still going, then tarnation answer my question - if this here meeting has not a thing to do with the trails in this here state, then why in tarnation are they holding a meeting?

To develop a better understanding of the needs and concerns of OHV enthusiasts and other stakeholders in implementation of the USFS Travel Management Rule.

How in the holy world do them here USFS goning to understand our needs and concerns if we don't protest.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2007, 06:28:25 AM by ladyinpink » Logged
Chuck_Norris

« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2007, 06:22:26 PM »

I AM THERE  Wink
big-daddy
Defender of the secret society!
Supreme Member

Home of the Brave

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2007, 06:37:48 PM »

Well the forest is a lost cause in my opinion because it is mainly controlled by the FEDS! We are after the state to open up parks like croom! no sissy speed limits or girly tire treads, just wear saftey gear and have fun! A protest of anyone enough will get things done because they wont want us showing up at their precious meetings and making them actually work.

Maybe this is going the wrong way for me........I was hoping for a State run park thats more for the family with family safety in mind with picnic areas next to lake, not a park with people speeding around.

Shawn , first L-cross and now your comments. Sorry but, I'm pulling out of the Rally idea, its not what all of us want. 

Thanks
« Last Edit: June 06, 2007, 07:40:27 PM by big-daddy » Logged

I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member
dreth

« Reply #24 on: June 06, 2007, 07:56:17 PM »

Maybe this is going the wrong way for me........I was hoping for a State run park thats more for the family with family safety in mind with picnic areas next to lake, not a park with people speeding around.

Shawn , first L-cross and now your comments. Sorry but, I'm pulling out of the Rally idea, its not what all of us want. 

Thanks

Im confused! So what you are saying is that at the state ran parks you want everyone to be going slow and they must have their family with them in order to ride?
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com