Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2003 GSXR600 totaled last night... - PICTURES ADDED  (Read 15701 times)
Lukeidiot

Stuntin'

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2007, 05:49:14 PM »

if he is the same age as you..I'm guessing he still lives at home, and his parents are going to look past the fact you two have known each other for 17 + years  when THEY get hit with a $100,00 medical bill...
Greenmachine was dead on....hes not suing you personally..

also at 17 I'm guessing you opted out of streetbike insurance???...it would be through the roof if you did have it...at 20 i got quoted like 4000+ a year? but i had a few points on my license..and that was the average quote...about 4 companies?

also...are you gonna have him pay for your repairs?or did you guys have some sort of agreement before hand?just wondering?
Yes, we agreed that if he was to wreck it he would pay for it, BUT.. its going to cost him a sh*t load of money
for the doctor bill, right now its costing him 10,000 dollars a day to stay in ICU, not to mention the surgery for his kidneys tomorrow. SO i doubt he will have any money to pay for the bike, as he wont be able to work for atleast a year. but hes in shands and you dont really have to pay the bill

96 Mustang GT 5-30-10 to Current
99 Mustang (current) 9-20-09 to 5-30-10
05' Honda 450r   (sold) 12-29-07 to 9-19-09
03' GSXR600      (sold) 5-27-07 to 12-27-07
05' Honda 450r   (sold) 4-24-07 to 5-27-07
01' Honda 400ex (sold)
00' Honda 300ex (sold)
LTR450 994

let's go ride

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2007, 06:37:47 PM »

your better off selling that bike if you have a clean title cause from what i see there its gona cost you just as much as the bike is worth to fix it. the forks are bent and when the forks bend that most likely mean the neck of the frame is bent to repair those 2 alone is over 2k then you have the rear wheel bent and maybe the swingarm also and not to mention all the fairings, fairing stay, gauges and etc..... do your self a favor part what you can out and pray your buddy comes out ok in the end. and remember if you get another bike DONT LET ANYONE RIDE IT INCLUDING FRIENDS.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2007, 06:41:13 PM by LTR450 994 » Logged
Ida_Mann
Supreme Member

Location: There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.

I own and wear a purple sombrero

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: May 30, 2007, 07:49:54 PM »

"you don't really have to pay the bill" what a narrow-sighted way of looking at it.

good luck to your friend, I hope he comes out OK and your friendship survives.

Id@

Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."
1FasterBlaster

« Reply #28 on: May 30, 2007, 08:37:09 PM »

I wasn't trying to say anything bad to you bro.Just the facts.You were at fault also for letting someone else ride your bike without making them wear gear.What the hell do you think everyone on here is always trying to emphazise?
   Now your in this situation and I honestly do hope it works out. But you have to be realistic, he has parents who have to face the fact that it was your bike that got him this way.
   I've had a couple of friends that have died on bikes.One of whom took his last breathe with me watching, so don't try to make me sound like an azzhole.That's why I haven't owned a streetbike in 13 years.
   I have a very close friend with permanent brain damage that doesn't even remember me because he crashed without a helmet. I hope your friend recovers, and I truly hope you learn from this!!
JackL
Supreme Member

A enemy generally says and believes what he wishes

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: May 30, 2007, 09:29:22 PM »

I don't understand why everyone is so all fired sure this kid will sue the guy, and I'm not sure what grounds you guys think he would win on anyway?? Did he REALLy have permission..? 11 points...?

Correct me if I am wrong, but letting a licensed driver use your vehicle doesn't automatically make you liable for their actions.

The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can’t do.
2strokinIt

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: May 30, 2007, 09:41:47 PM »

when his parents realize how much they are responsible for in medical bills...they may look for a little help from the other insurance company, if their own doesnt cover it? Wont his insurance deny the claim if they know another company is involved. But LukeIdiot still hasnt let us know what kind of coverage he had.....

i dont know much on this type of thing ..fill me in?
JackL
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: May 30, 2007, 09:55:39 PM »

Honestly, I believe the tax payers will eat this bill. In this instance, I don't mind. It feels way better to pay for an American citizen than an illegal immigrants ear ache.

I hope one of the attorneys on the board, or someone with a real life story will add to this thread, I would really like to know if I let someone use one of my rigs, just how liable I might be. I usually have NO problem letting anyone use my stuff. maybe this isn't so smart.

The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can’t do.
Lukeidiot

Stuntin'

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: May 30, 2007, 10:09:40 PM »

when his parents realize how much they are responsible for in medical bills...they may look for a little help from the other insurance company, if their own doesnt cover it? Wont his insurance deny the claim if they know another company is involved. But LukeIdiot still hasnt let us know what kind of coverage he had.....

My friend Brandon who I let drive my bike is 18, so i don't think it has anything to do with the parents,
and on the insurance part, I got the bike about 12 hours before he wrecked it. It's paid off, and I don't have
a lick of insurance on it.

96 Mustang GT 5-30-10 to Current
99 Mustang (current) 9-20-09 to 5-30-10
05' Honda 450r   (sold) 12-29-07 to 9-19-09
03' GSXR600      (sold) 5-27-07 to 12-27-07
05' Honda 450r   (sold) 4-24-07 to 5-27-07
01' Honda 400ex (sold)
00' Honda 300ex (sold)
JackL
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: May 30, 2007, 10:11:36 PM »

My friend Brandon who I let drive my bike is 18, so i don't think it has anything to do with the parents,
and on the insurance part, I got the bike about 12 hours before he wrecked it. It's paid off, and I don't have

Wow, that really sucks.

greenmachine
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: May 31, 2007, 08:46:05 AM »

You better pray for more than just your friends well being. Hopefully his parents like you & your parents as much as you say he likes you. This whole incident screams IRRESPONSIBLE! I guess the best thing here is that an innocent driver/bystander wasnt hurt or killed as a result as well. If your only 17, your parents approved of such a bike for you? If this part is fact then your parents better pray as well. They are ultimately responsible for the actions of their minor children.
wilburz
Supreme Member

Tastes like chicken!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: May 31, 2007, 09:27:59 AM »

Honestly, I believe the tax payers will eat this bill. In this instance, I don't mind. It feels way better to pay for an American citizen than an illegal immigrants ear ache.

I hope one of the attorneys on the board, or someone with a real life story will add to this thread, I would really like to know if I let someone use one of my rigs, just how liable I might be. I usually have NO problem letting anyone use my stuff. maybe this isn't so smart.

If you give someone else CONSENT to drive your vehicle then you can be held liable for damages caused by said vehicle. No consent then you may get off easier then the person driving.   

1978 ridin mower, 48 inch cut, 3.4 hp briggs & stratton
12-6-3 front
14-8-5 back
no muffler
Ride1Rob
Supreme Member

YFZ 450!!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: May 31, 2007, 09:58:07 AM »

You guys are preaching to this kid like he's a mature adult  Undecided  . I've seen some of his posts in the past and this doesn't suprise me one bit! In his search a few weeks ago about a streetbike I said this was going to be a recipe for disaster. There's no way he's mature enough to have a 170mph machine.

As far as the bike goes, like stated earlier your best bet is to part it out. From what I see in the pics when you're done buying parts for it and paying someone to fix it you'll be better off getting another one. And since you don't have insurance, that makes it just that much worse. And if I can remember correctly, that's an 02 model. You may end up spending wayyy over what the bike is actually worth.

If it'll run... I'm ridin'!!!
1FasterBlaster

« Reply #37 on: May 31, 2007, 11:30:16 AM »

I forgot about the age. I assume anyone with a bike this size is more experienced. Like I said before, I hope it all works out and that you really learn from this.If you can't take any of our advice...and it is advice, then maybe you shouldn't have a bike.
   Now, you see what can happen. Live and learn!!
greenmachine
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: May 31, 2007, 11:39:31 AM »

Nobody rides my quads unless they are blood relative. All friendships can be bought especially when life throws a curve ball such as this.

Good luck

JackL
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: May 31, 2007, 11:51:10 AM »

Nobody rides my quads unless they are blood relative. All friendships can be bought especially when life throws a curve ball such as this.

Good luck

Might just be a good policy. I'll bet this guy is sorry he posted this about now.

KD 428
Supreme Member

FTR #428

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: May 31, 2007, 03:42:32 PM »

That sucks, I hope your friend will be alright...

But weren't you the one who posted a thread a while ago about how you will never let anymore friends ride your bikes after someone wrecked your old 400ex?

HONDA CRF450R
Fox17
Supreme Member

Go Gators!!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: June 01, 2007, 12:12:37 AM »

I wasn't trying to say anything bad to you bro.Just the facts.You were at fault also for letting someone else ride your bike without making them wear gear.What the hell do you think everyone on here is always trying to emphazise?
   Now your in this situation and I honestly do hope it works out. But you have to be realistic, he has parents who have to face the fact that it was your bike that got him this way.
   I've had a couple of friends that have died on bikes.One of whom took his last breathe with me watching, so don't try to make me sound like an azzhole.That's why I haven't owned a streetbike in 13 years.
   I have a very close friend with permanent brain damage that doesn't even remember me because he crashed without a helmet. I hope your friend recovers, and I truly hope you learn from this!!

this may be a lil off topic but, most of the people that get hurt/killed in an accident are not wearing a helmet. frankly, they die of stupidity. i have a friend that is a retired fireman and he said that 95% of the fatal bike accidents he ever saw were a result of no helmet and stupid fast wreckless riding.
JackL
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: June 01, 2007, 12:16:22 AM »

this may be a lil off topic but, most of the people that get hurt/killed in an accident are not wearing a helmet. frankly, they die of stupidity. i have a friend that is a retired fireman and he said that 95% of the fatal bike accidents he ever saw were a result of no helmet and stupid fast wreckless riding.

Let me say, although I rarely wear my lid on my quad, I will never get on the streets without one.
"they die of stupidity", you got that right.

Fox17
Supreme Member

Go Gators!!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: June 01, 2007, 12:19:32 AM »

Let me say, although I rarely wear my lid on my quad, I will never get on the streets without one.
"they die of stupidity", you got that right.

riding a quad with no helmet is stupid too. there were 3 kids (1 on a yz and 2 on banshees) killed within 2 weeks up the road from us with no helmets or any other gear riding stupid. this was before it was illegal to ride in florida. 
JackL
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: June 01, 2007, 12:23:59 AM »

riding a quad with no helmet is stupid too. there were 3 kids (1 on a yz and 2 on banshees) killed within 2 weeks up the road from us with no helmets or any other gear riding stupid. this was before it was illegal to ride in florida. 

I don't want to light up this beat to death helmet topic, but a good portion of my riding is at 5 to 10 in the thick mud. If I plan on exceeding that it goes on. They have saved my skin more than once. Wink
It gets HOT in the swamp.

Fox17
Supreme Member

Go Gators!!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: June 01, 2007, 12:50:56 AM »

I don't want to light up this beat to death helmet topic, but a good portion of my riding is at 5 to 10 in the thick mud. If I plan on exceeding that it goes on. They have saved my skin more than once. Wink
It gets HOT in the swamp.

im glad i had mine on last time i was in the mud. i flipped my sisters bike and hit my head pretty good.
1FasterBlaster

« Reply #46 on: June 01, 2007, 08:46:19 AM »

I saw someone on a Harley wearing one of those little bowl helmets crash right in front of me, and it came off. He smacked the curb with the back of his head and there was no helping him.
   There's nothing worse than being there waiting for paramedics and cops and seeing someone die.
digginfool
Supreme Member

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: June 01, 2007, 09:25:30 AM »

You are absolutely liable for the actions of somebody using your vehicle with permission, particularly when the operation of that vehicle requires special skills (i.e. a motorcycle license) or the person is intoxicated or has a history of reckless behavior (did somebody say the injured kid had 11 points on his license?).  Furthermore, if Luke is 17, then he is not the owner of the bike; it would have to be titled and registered in his parents name which makes them responsible for the actions of his buddy.  Unless the parents have a general liability or personal umbrella policy, they are wide open.  There will be no protection from their auto or homeowner policies.  This kid just totally screwed his parents by letting the moron ride his bike.  If you think for a second that this kid won't be looking for restitution when the gravity of the medical bills and possible permanent disabilities settle in, you need to move to Lake Buena Vista.  At least you'll reside next to Fantasyland.  Maybe your body and brain will run into each other occasionally. 

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". --Thomas Jefferson

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves ... a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."
BIGREDTIDE

3-wheelers....you just gotta know how to ride 'em!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: June 01, 2007, 11:26:34 AM »

Dumb & Dumber come too mind!!  Geesh!!

Did he already have 11 points, or NOW has 11 points due to the infractions?  Isn't he 28!  That's what I read on the news site.

If he had 11 points and you let him on that "just bought" bike...you're a fool!!  Not to mention No helmet.  I can already tell you & everyone here he most likely had "NO" experience riding one.  These bikes are NO JOKE to play around on.  I have an '03 600RR that I race, and only race.  They will "f" you up if you're not an experienced rider.

Good Luck to you bro!!  Hope he recovers well, and has the maturity to realize what he's done and remimburse you for wrecking the bike!

Jeff
'85 250ES Big Red
'03 CBR 600RR
Fox17
Supreme Member

Go Gators!!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: June 01, 2007, 02:31:44 PM »

I saw someone on a Harley wearing one of those little bowl helmets crash right in front of me, and it came off. He smacked the curb with the back of his head and there was no helping him.
   There's nothing worse than being there waiting for paramedics and cops and seeing someone die.

i wouldnt consider them a helmet. they dont protect you a bit and they look pretty stupid.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com