Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Boca Raton Riding Places?  (Read 9997 times)
BOCA RIDER

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« on: January 01, 2005, 08:13:29 AM »

Just moved to the area from NJ and my son has a small ATV.  Since we can not ride in our apartment complex, I am looking for a place in the area to ride that I do not have to drive 5 hours to get there. Tongue

Any suggestions?
customrubicon
Supreme Member

It's Time To ride, B4 The Mud Gets Dry !!!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2005, 01:35:41 PM »

Well palm beach county has very few places. Most will get you in trouble. You will have to drive a an hour and a half or more to ride. How old is your son ? What bike ?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v333/customrubicon/fmrsig-2.jpg

2003 rubicon
2002 kingquad
2004 LRX 90
2004 LRX 50
1979 bronco
2004 rhino
RECON1

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2005, 08:23:10 PM »

i live in broward co.   you can ride out west at the holly lands or you ride at the humps   im going to the humps this sunday the 2nd  your welcome to come along its about an hour from here .   you can call me at 754 423 2921   I and my son are going to be there  florida city/homestead

Looking for some great times with some great people
Weekend_Warrior

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2005, 11:10:39 AM »

We also live in Boca.  My son has a ds90 and is 11. He wants to go riding all the time.  We just got back from camping and riding in the bad luck area over the weekend.  We are looking for people to ride at cardsound road.  Let me know if you would like to meet for a ride.  I have a yamaha warrior 2x4.

Mark

06 Suzuki Eiger with 589's
05 Rhino 660 with to many options
04 Yamaha Warrior
02 DS 90
customrubicon
Supreme Member

It's Time To ride, B4 The Mud Gets Dry !!!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2005, 06:09:21 PM »

In my opinion the humps is a hard place for kids to ride. It is very muddy and has a lot of garbage. It is hard for sport quads to get around in the muddy areas. I do like to ride there but I have a couple 4x4's. I believe that Holy lands is still wet but I have not been in awhile. I would be interested in riding again at the humps also. Sounds like a group ride coming on !!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v333/customrubicon/fmrsig-2.jpg

2003 rubicon
2002 kingquad
2004 LRX 90
2004 LRX 50
1979 bronco
2004 rhino
RECON1

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2005, 06:01:47 AM »

i was out to the holly lands and they seem to be dry for the most part

Looking for some great times with some great people
JohnCue

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2005, 09:50:53 AM »

Hey,
I'm new to the quad scene or will be soon. I'm buying a quad very soon (within the next two weeks). I'm looking at a 2005 660r Raptor. I am also looking for places to ride in South Florida (Broward, Palm Beach, Miami areas). Can you guys give directions or exact locations of the places you mentioned ? Thanks, John
Weekend_Warrior

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2005, 03:55:09 PM »

We were thinking of going to cardsound this Saturday.  I have never been to holy land.  I see it is off of 27.  What is the best way to get there and park.  This could also be an option.  I agree cardsound was a little muddy but we stayed away from it and rode on the drier trails.  Let me know if anyone would like to meet this weekend for a ride.  I go with my son who is 12.  

Mark

04 Yamaha Warrior
02 DS 90
the_bikeman

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2005, 06:06:36 PM »

I also was thinking  of going to the holeylands on saturday. I have a son who is 12 and a daughter who is 9 we all ride , but we ride bikes I know about where the holeylands are I had a question when you went to cargsound road where did you park?  please let me know

Howard
Weekend_Warrior

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2005, 06:55:44 PM »

We park behind the racetrack.  There is a dirt road and you will see many other riders parked there.  When you get to florida city at the end of the turnpike, the first light, turn left and follow it for a few miles.  You will see the overflow parking for the racetrack on the right and it is just past that on the right. Have you ridden Holy lands before?  What is it like and how do you get there?  Do you have to worry about law enforcement?

Mark

04 Yamaha Warrior
02 DS 90
the_bikeman

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2005, 07:14:44 PM »

I found out today you go 27 north to the palm beach/ broward border there will be a sign called rodmanor something like that ?  on the left side you go in there .there is a dirt road but I dont know how far you have to go down  . Are you going there on saturday let me know    maybe I will go I  am going to ride somewhere we try to ride once a week  
sk8r_dude
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2005, 07:39:17 PM »

Holylands is on US 27 at the Broward/Palmbeach county line. Follow the sign that says Holylands/Rottenberger Wildlife management area taking you west off US 27 8 miles on a newly paved road. For the most part, Holylands is a wet everglades sawgrass mud pit not good for 2 wheel drive sport quads. It is generally for the 4x4 crowd, swamp buggies, and full tracks.

I give this information with some reservations. The only thing a sport quad could do at Holylands except in the most dry, drought times is ride on the access road and this is illegal. It will piss off the rangers and get all of us thrown out. Read the state rules for this area and it says no ORV. The rangers are bending the rules letting us ride their so lets not have another riding area shut down due to our own behavior.

05 Grizzly 660, 2500 winch, Garmin 276c GPS, Quad Boss trunk

05 Grizzly 660 Camo, 2500 winch, Quad Boss trunk 

http://www.beachinlineskates.com/
http://www.123skate.com/
http://www.store.yahoo.com/beachinlineskates/
http://www.authorized-sunglasses-watches.com
Weekend_Warrior

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2005, 06:56:43 PM »

Thank you for the update.  I dont ride on roads and I am very careful to set a good example.  I agree we need to keep all riding areas open and the only way to do that is to ride responsibly (sp)?.

I went by there today to check it out and went down the long paved road.  I turned around before I found any trails.  It sounds like I was in the right place.

We are going to cardsound Saturday for the day parking behind the racetrack.  I have a white explorer with an open trailer.  Come by and say hello if you are riding there.

04 Yamaha Warrior
02 DS 90
the_bikeman

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2005, 07:08:43 PM »

Can you ride bikes at cardsound road and is that near the race track you park please let mer know thanks
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com