Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hills. county shot and killed my dog today  (Read 63020 times)
yfz122
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: May 15, 2007, 11:59:18 PM »

If I was somewhere I wasn't supposed to be and shot the dog under the truck I would be sitting in jail facing some serious charges.

Next thing you know they'll take my thoughts away
blupits04
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: May 16, 2007, 12:08:30 AM »

only problem is the police have the right to be on your property if the suspect  is there. They will have one in the front and one somewhere near the back in case the suspect tries to run. As long as they do not open the gate or go in a fence they are legally allowed to be there. My opinion is the cop used excessive force in this case but we don't know what exactly happened we weren't right there and the cop is the only one who can say what happened if he's not trying to cover his butt.

IBF24

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: May 16, 2007, 12:10:27 AM »

I believe there is a beware of dog sign on the gate as well. but I am not positive. I have about 5 up at my place. cuz I know my dog would attack without a thought.

The law requires anyone with a so called aggressive breed dog to post rather the dog is aggressive or not.  People see that sign and automatically assume the dog is aggressive. Some people see that sign and assume that there is no dog and the sign is only there to ward off the thiefs, then they walk in your yard and get bit then sue. And that sign that said beware of dog doesn't save you.

The Cheech story could have been different. there were so many other options.
The actions of 1 should not reflect the many.  As stated a few times Not all Cops are bad, not all Pits are bad.

I feel bad for my daughter. She posted here to warn others that have Pits that are like her Cheech. Alot of the posters seen that and sympathized with her and her loss. Then others decided to attack her or go on the defensive. once that happened it turned into an all out bash on law enforcement.

Ride1Rob
Supreme Member

YFZ 450!!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: May 16, 2007, 12:10:38 AM »

this morning at about 6:45 am 2 undercover cops showed up at my moms house so my husband and my dog walked over there to find out what was going

Ride1Rob above is what she posted in her original post. she never said it was her mother in law. so before you post you should have your facts.

I didn't attack you and neither did she. her story is the same.
and OMG its obviouse whos the law enforcement in here. you are all on the defensive when all she was doing was putting her story out there to possible save anyone else from the tragedy she went throu.

You were right! It did say mother in law ( I apologize)... but it did say her husband and dog walked over to your house to see what was going on. You stated clearly that you sent them to their house.

I'm not attacking her or you. I feel your loss. But the story keeps changing more and more. She said that the dog was under a truck. Does the truck have a lift kit? That's a pretty difficult shot to hit in the chest under the average truck.

Ad as for the "shoot to stop" comment There is a difference between a dog attacking and a man with a knife. And the cop could have handled it differently and the dog could still be alive. If he was a threat they could have taken him to be euthenized. And if you don't shoot to kill or shoot to wound explain to me exactly what "Shoot to stop" means?

Yes there is a difference... A man will stab you repeatedly, the dog will bite you repeatedly, the dog is quicker to react and reach you, the man will react 3-4 times slower, both results will ultimately end with alot of stitches, alot of blood, or death whether it be stabbed or mauled. Any person that's in a situation where their about to be attacked by an animal doesn't wait to be biten to euthenize said animal. If you have protection you prevent bodily harm from yourself and possibly others.

It's not hard to figure out what "Shoot to stop" means it it? Let me help you out... You engage that threat until said threat is not a threat anymore. That can achieved by the threat finally obeying commands, the threat being engaged upon and being incapacitated, or the threat being engaged upon and being killed.

Like I said it is most cops. Open your eyes. If the police would've been where they were supposed to be I guess this would be a different topic.

They were where they were supposed to be. Mom sent them to that house stating the Davis's lived there.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2007, 12:17:09 AM by Ride1Rob » Logged

If it'll run... I'm ridin'!!!
yfz122
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: May 16, 2007, 12:13:23 AM »

there are beware of dog signs all over the property and even on the gate i have never bashed a cop and never will all i was saying is that this cop was in the wrong i have the beware of dog sings up so that people know there are dogs on the property i just thought of something else i had some nabought that had 2 pits chained up out side and a cop was looking to serve a warrant on them and the dog did lung and try to bite the cop but guess what he didn't shoot it and the dog has also tried to get my boyfriend and he didn't shoot it he hit it in the head and the dog ran i really didn't put this post here for people to bash cops that was not my intentions i just was everyone expecally ones with know aggressive breeds to be extra careful of what they do and may save there dogs life thats all this was about i know some people hate pits and thats what ever thats your choose not mine but i happen to love all my dogs and 2 of them happen to be pits and I'm sorry if you don't like it so for my final word of this everyone please stop bashing the cops not all are bad same as for dogs
I apologize for my posts. This whole story got to me. The cops did this to themselves. They are responsible for their own image and only they can fix it. Any law enforcement reading this knows damn well I speak the truth. No more posts from me.

Next thing you know they'll take my thoughts away
iluvmy250r

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: May 16, 2007, 12:14:29 AM »

maybe they had a reason to believe he was here thats obvious its my boyfriends brother but at 6:45 am he don't live here and they have been told that before and to shoot my dog not once but 4 times come on thats to much if they shot him once maybe he would still be here with me i left the house for the first time sense this happened and i was so sad when i got home and cheech wasn't at the back door waiting for us so he could go out this hole thing is just ripping my heart out i miss him soooooo much but i know nothing in this world will bring him back
iluvmy250r

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: May 16, 2007, 12:19:05 AM »

yes my truck sits on 33's and there is an 6inch body lift on lit so it does sit high
IBF24

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: May 16, 2007, 12:29:31 AM »

Her husband and dog never made it to my house before he got across the field the cops left and headed to his house. I would assume he seen my hand pointing towards his house and turned around and headed back across the field to find out what they wanted.  They made it there before he got the dog back in the fence and inside that house.

As for the Truck yes it has a lift kit. it sits pretty far off the ground.
All of the blood from Cheech was under the truck.

I don't have the News paper any more. but I believe I read the detective said he shot the dog and it went down. So if that was the case why 3 more shots. the dog was no longer a threat. Now I could be wrong on that wording so don't hold me to that.

As for her story changing. it has but it hasn't . she has added more information to it and changed wording but the story is still the same. The police are the ones that said the dog came out of the gate. it was already out of the gate. and if they were looking over it they would have had to been at the gate and the dog would not have been able to get out as it opens out. they would have been leaning on it to see over therfore holding it closed.

If the detective was threatened by Cheech. which only the 2 detectives and cheech would know that. they of course had a right to protect themselfs . no one is argueing that. They just didn't have to kill him.  Killing should always be the last resort not the first. there are many options to take before it comes to killing
sbripple

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: May 16, 2007, 06:36:46 AM »

this thread isnt making cops look bad,the cops did that
blupits04
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: May 16, 2007, 08:11:40 AM »

Anyone that knows a pit knows it bites and locks it jaw so there is hardly any 3 or 4 time bites. And yes the dog could reach you faster than a man with a knife but if a man came at you with a knife and you shot him to stop him you would shoot him once and see if he stops, if he kept pursuing you you would shoot again not shoot 3 more shots right after another without checking.It's common physics but if someone or something gets shot it takes the body a while to shut down and drop. If your running full blast and get shot you won't drop right then your body is still in run mode and will make a few more steps. The problem I have is that he shot the dog repeated. If the dog was right up on him a few feet away I understand his safety was at risk but no one has stated yet how far the dog was from the officer.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2007, 08:13:12 AM by blupits04 » Logged

tntaylor53

« Reply #110 on: May 16, 2007, 08:13:16 AM »

I have followed this thread from the begining and I cannot sit back and be silent any longer.  As a retired USMC officer with 27 years of service to this country and 3 Purple Hearts, I have to say that most of the law enforcement I have known or encountered in my life have been pompous ass pricks who selectively enforce laws and think they themselves are above the law.  I totally disagree that they are out there risking their lives every day.  From my perspective they avoid dangerous situations and are very quick to shoot first and they always shoot to kill, not wound.  Our entire justice system is broken and has been for a long time.  With enough money and powerful friends, you can do and get away with anything.  You people bashing this young girl grieving over the loss of her dog should be ashamed of yourselves.  At least now I know who some of the assholes are on this site.   Angry Angry

For the record, I have never been arrested for anything and have only received 1 ticket after driving for more than 40 years.  I'm a law abiding citizen who does not like cops based on the few I've known or encountered.  Not all cops are bad but the bad ones significantly outnumber the good ones.  Just my opinion...
Anoriginal

« Reply #111 on: May 16, 2007, 08:18:24 AM »

this thread isnt making cops look bad,the cops did that

Huh Huh Huh Not the sharpest tool in the shed are you?   Cheesy

As an attorney, I wouldn't touch this case. I'm very sorry for the loss of the dog. I know some people are really attached to their animals and it is always hard when one is lost. Losing an animal this way is even more difficult. However, from a legal standpoint, I really can't see any ground to stand on. I'm not saying I agree with the officers' actions. However, this isn't a case I'd advise wasting money and time on.

Oh, KB...I hate cats too. Did you know that a cat will almost always blink when hit in the head with a ballpeen hammer? And come on man, you have to come to the rally. I owe you a cold one!  Drink
fishfry

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: May 16, 2007, 09:12:29 AM »

Anorignal.  What kind of practice are you in.

A bad day in the woods is better then a good day at work.

500 mule (for sale)
Bronco II
Bigscrb15
Supreme Member

I'm a Florida Mud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: May 16, 2007, 09:27:30 AM »

I don't think this thread is going to go anywhere productive anytime soon.......

I was not bashing on your grammar, I was just messing around with you about not using the period key. We are all a bunch of nice people on this website, but it doesn't take much for us to rip apart someones stories, we sit at the computer and have no life, lol.

I do have a question though.... 6inch body lift?Huh or do you mean suspension lift? 6inch body lift is very very dangerous.

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
greenmachine
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: May 16, 2007, 09:48:17 AM »

hey check this out Ride1Rob i never said mother in law you all want to pick on me for my grammer well maybe you should learn to read and understand what you read i never said all cops are bad and believe me i do obey the law and i do respect the cops that deserve it you say don't judge another cop because of what other cops do OK take your own advice why do you feel the need to judge my dog because he is a pit you know if my dog was aggressive i would not say a word for what happen but hes not and like i have said before these cops have been here before and my dogs where out and they didn't feel the need to shoot then and as far as the uniform thing they where in plan close like we wear everyday my biggist point is why 4 time once if that should have been enough blupits04 the bullet holes i did see where in his chest, rear thigh and left shoulder i don't mind you asking it wasn't insensitive and these cops are lying because i did tell every one that cheech was not in the gate if he was he would have gone into the house not into the yard he was already in the yard going to the gate
1) Ride1Rob & all the rest of us would be able to read & understand your posts better if you learned to puctuate & use the correct vocabulary.
2) The cop was stopping the threat, he wasnt sitting in a tree stand with a scope & taking aim. That would explain the random holes.
greenmachine
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: May 16, 2007, 09:55:43 AM »

there are beware of dog signs all over the property and even on the gate i have never bashed a cop and never will all i was saying is that this cop was in the wrong i have the beware of dog sings up so that people know there are dogs on the property i just thought of something else i had some nabought that had 2 pits chained up out side and a cop was looking to serve a warrant on them and the dog did lung and try to bite the cop but guess what he didn't shoot it and the dog has also tried to get my boyfriend and he didn't shoot it he hit it in the head and the dog ran i really didn't put this post here for people to bash cops that was not my intentions i just was everyone expecally ones with know aggressive breeds to be extra careful of what they do and may save there dogs life thats all this was about i know some people hate pits and thats what ever thats your choose not mine but i happen to love all my dogs and 2 of them happen to be pits and I'm sorry if you don't like it so for my final word of this everyone please stop bashing the cops not all are bad same as for dogs
Why do you have beware of dog signs if your dog is so gentle? Crap
Your "nabought's" dog was not shot even though you say he did "lung & try to bite the cop" SIMPLY BECAUSE HE WAS "CHAINED"
If your dog was chained or on a leash he would still be here right now. Bang Head
blupits04
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: May 16, 2007, 10:00:25 AM »

For one by law if you have have any type of dog you are supposed to have a beware of dog sign. For your protection along with anyone that might be coming onto your property. Same as a no Trespassing sign. Most people don't and if anything happens most insurance companies won't cover the claim. Her Grammar is not in question...Green are you a teacher or a politician? You like to Correct people and your a total ass!

gtnwood

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: May 16, 2007, 10:02:32 AM »

I have followed this thread from the begining and I cannot sit back and be silent any longer.  As a retired USMC officer with 27 years of service to this country and 3 Purple Hearts, I have to say that most of the law enforcement I have known or encountered in my life have been pompous ass pricks who selectively enforce laws and think they themselves are above the law.  I totally disagree that they are out there risking their lives every day.  From my perspective they avoid dangerous situations and are very quick to shoot first and they always shoot to kill, not wound.  Our entire justice system is broken and has been for a long time.  With enough money and powerful friends, you can do and get away with anything.  You people bashing this young girl grieving over the loss of her dog should be ashamed of yourselves.  At least now I know who some of the assholes are on this site.   Angry Angry

For the record, I have never been arrested for anything and have only received 1 ticket after driving for more than 40 years.  I'm a law abiding citizen who does not like cops based on the few I've known or encountered.  Not all cops are bad but the bad ones significantly outnumber the good ones.  Just my opinion...
Dang it, now I'm offended Angry as a Marine myself I really wish you had not identified yourself as a Retired Marine because the same people who stereotype Pit's and Cop's are gonna think all Marine's are Moron's after reading your post Sad

'Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and
rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition
that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.'
(From a Texas A&M student)
2005 Kodiak 450, 26" 589s
Ride1Rob
Supreme Member

YFZ 450!!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: May 16, 2007, 10:06:12 AM »

And yes the dog could reach you faster than a man with a knife but if a man came at you with a knife and you shot him to stop him you would shoot him once and see if he stops, if he kept pursuing you you would shoot again not shoot 3 more shots right after another without checking.

YOU'RE WRONG!!! If the man, dog, whatever the threat is 40yds away that's different. Unless he had a gun and was pointing it at you there wouldn't be a leg to stand on if you shot him. He (Dog, man, etc...) would only be a potential threat. Once that man, dog, etc... begins to approach you and gets within a certain distance with said knife or to maul you, you engage that said threat and that doesn't mean to shoot once and wait to see if he has changed his mind about what he's doing. A split second could be the difference b/w people going home to see their kids or being injured or killed.

To the guy that stated he was in the Marines... did you fight any? If you did I'm pretty sure you didn't shoot one shot to see if your enemy was wounded or learned his lesson. You shot until the enemy stopped! I'm only trying to educate you guys on the rules of engagement. I don't know whether the Detective will be justified for pulling his gun and shooting the dog b/c I wasn't there. Even if the dog was under a truck and had an aggressive manner as if he was going to attack he is justified for pulling his weapon depending on how far he was from the dog. Based on what I know, the dog had to be relatively close.

If it'll run... I'm ridin'!!!
FishaHallic
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: May 16, 2007, 10:15:46 AM »

I would like to add one more thing and then I'm done.  You said originally that they shot your dog while he was under the truck and then you said that your dog was shot in the chest, rear thigh and left shoulder.  So, you think the cop was walking around the truck shooting your dog?   I think we all know that was not the case, the dog came at the officer in a threatening manner and the officer had no choice but to stop the dog as quickly as possible.  You must know how fast all this happens it all happened within 1-2 seconds I'm sure so when does the cop have time to stop shooting and make sure your dog is done attacking.  

I do feel for you for your loss but none of this would have happened if the dog was not loose.  None of this would have happened if the guy the police were looking for showed up in court.  To blame the police for this is just wrong, it may be easier to hear that it's someone else's fault but in this case the fault lies with your little group of family, boyfriends, brother in laws and whatever else you have going on over their.  Good luck
backinsaddle

« Reply #120 on: May 16, 2007, 10:18:12 AM »

And none of this would have happened if the guy would be taking responsibility and taking care of his kids...that's the real crime here...you say he's not a criminal for not taking care of his kids...i disagree big time.  Take care of your kids!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
greenmachine
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: May 16, 2007, 10:30:18 AM »

For one by law if you have have any type of dog you are supposed to have a beware of dog sign. For your protection along with anyone that might be coming onto your property. Same as a no Trespassing sign. Most people don't and if anything happens most insurance companies won't cover the claim. Her Grammar is not in question...Green are you a teacher or a politician? You like to Correct people and your a total ass!
Bp, I havent attacked you at all, actually made a joke out of your insult to me. Now you call me an ass? For calling someone out. I would say that is like the pot calling the kettle black. You are really cool. I bet you would be fun to drink a few beers with as long as we didnt talk religion & politics. Wink  I see pit bulls kind of like riding atvs, it is not a matter of if you will crash one day, but when. Same thing with a pit it is not a matter of if but when they act on their instincts that they were bread for from day 1. I know you all love me & the site wouldnt be the same without me to hash it out with you. Kiss
iluvmy250r

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: May 16, 2007, 10:41:26 AM »

there seems to be an issue about this child supprot thing and yes i agree child support should be pay i am a mother of 4 kids so i strongly agree with that but let me tell you this and everyone can take it as they was he was suppose to pay 500.00 in one month from being behind previously he is and has been for a year been working at a company that his child support comes directly out of his check and it leaves him less than 200.00 a week to live on i know his rent is 125.00 a week plus money for food electric and water how in the world does that even leave any money left so was he wrong for not paying it yes could he pay if how money don't add up that way does that make in a harden criminal no.

as for my do it really doesn't matter about all the little thing my biggest thing for putting my story on here was to let people know to just be careful with what they do and you know what if a cop would have went in a fenced back yard and seen a dog he would still shot if he felt threatened i didn't come on here to be bashed about grammer or my punctuations i just want everyone to be aware of what happened. wheather or not you think i was in the wrong or the cop was in the wrong was not the point here I'm just trying to maybe save someone and there dog from going threw what my family and i and my pets have gone threw. i think every day its going to be easier when i get up but guess what its not i just cant stop thinking of him and how good of a dog he was and how him and my boyfriend use to play sorry got to go now i cant do this  
tntaylor53

« Reply #123 on: May 16, 2007, 10:49:45 AM »

gtnwood...  you are obviously one of those types who slam people for entertainment.  You struck a nerve refering to me as a moron.  How about a ride in the swamps together and we could discuss our days in the Corps.  If you really had any.
gtnwood

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: May 16, 2007, 11:08:21 AM »

gtnwood...  you are obviously one of those types who slam people for entertainment.  You struck a nerve refering to me as a moron.  How about a ride in the swamps together and we could discuss our days in the Corps.  If you really had any.
Actually, I'm a little deeper than that.
Remember everyone is entitled to their opinion's, just like you inferring I am not what I say. I usually enjoy riding with anyone and everyone, however I'm afraid riding and service to country is where our common interest's end. I respect authority i/e Law Enforcement etc... just like I respect our Military people, both of which have they're bad apple's.
By the way I got my C.A.R. among other's as an 0331 with B 1/8 Wpn's Platoon in Beirut, Lebanon 1983.

'Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and
rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition
that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.'
(From a Texas A&M student)
2005 Kodiak 450, 26" 589s
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com