Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hills. county shot and killed my dog today  (Read 62985 times)
FishaHallic
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: May 15, 2007, 08:35:07 PM »

I have said this before and I will say it again, the people that have the biggest problem with the police are usually the ones who deal with them often.   Being a law abiding citizen I find I don't have to deal with the police very often, only when I get a speeding ticket do I have to deal with them and then I don't go on the Internet and bash them, I pay my fine and go on about my daily life.  Good luck

I rest my case..............
CABLEGUY1
Supreme Member

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: May 15, 2007, 08:41:58 PM »

Fact #1 is that the police were doing their jobs by trying to serve the warrant. Fact # 2 is that they were confronted by a unleashed full size pit capable of doing severe damage. Fact # 3 is that you were in bed and could not have seen if the dog was being aggressive or not. The only people that know what happened for sure are the people that actually witnessed it so to accuse the police of wrong doing based on opinion and not fact is wrong.There ARE two sides to every story. Your assumed version may be correct but you did not actually see what happened so it would be mute in a court of law. How some people can automatically bash the police without a trial is ridiculous.They put their lives on the line for you same people daily and if you let a full size pitbull run loose without a leash and expect everyone in the world to think he is as nice as you say so it's okay to let him run loose then don't act so surprised when some one makes a split second decision based on not knowing the disposition of that particular pitbull.And for the guy who says he's a federal officer then tells you to file suit and the sheriffs office will settle out of court without talking to the accused officer first and turning against his own all I can say is if you are an officer and you spout off at the mouth without getting all the facts then in my opinion your a disgrace to the uniform.I personally don't believe your an officer with that attitude anyway.And for the guy who states "his dogs life is worth a cops life with no regrets" well that statement speaks for itself. As you can tell I have much respect for people that put on the uniform and risk their life for the safety of the citizens and can't stand when their bashed without being found guilty of a crime.I'm done.
greenmachine
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: May 15, 2007, 09:16:22 PM »

Fact #1 is that the police were doing their jobs by trying to serve the warrant. Fact # 2 is that they were confronted by a unleashed full size pit capable of doing severe damage. Fact # 3 is that you were in bed and could not have seen if the dog was being aggressive or not. The only people that know what happened for sure are the people that actually witnessed it so to accuse the police of wrong doing based on opinion and not fact is wrong.There ARE two sides to every story. Your assumed version may be correct but you did not actually see what happened so it would be mute in a court of law. How some people can automatically bash the police without a trial is ridiculous.They put their lives on the line for you same people daily and if you let a full size pitbull run loose without a leash and expect everyone in the world to think he is as nice as you say so it's okay to let him run loose then don't act so surprised when some one makes a split second decision based on not knowing the disposition of that particular pitbull.And for the guy who says he's a federal officer then tells you to file suit and the sheriffs office will settle out of court without talking to the accused officer first and turning against his own all I can say is if you are an officer and you spout off at the mouth without getting all the facts then in my opinion your a disgrace to the uniform.I personally don't believe your an officer with that attitude anyway.And for the guy who states "his dogs life is worth a cops life with no regrets" well that statement speaks for itself. As you can tell I have much respect for people that put on the uniform and risk their life for the safety of the citizens and can't stand when their bashed without being found guilty of a crime.I'm done.
Bow Clapper Toast
blupits04
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: May 15, 2007, 09:18:43 PM »

The problem isn't that the cop shot the dog it's the fact that he killed him. I have many friends who are cops, detectives and Police Chiefs and I don't get in trouble (it's too expensive!) But anyway I'm not bashing the cop I'm just trying to figure out why he shot the dog to kill him. ILuv I'm not trying to be insensitive but where was the dog shot at in his body? If you shoot an animal in the rear it'll drop even if for a second. The cop could have shot him in the rear and moved. It's not plausible for how many times he was shot let alone the fact he was killed. The matter of "the cops word against theirs" Cops will back each other up unless it is putting both cops jobs on the line it's a thing called "Loyalty and Dedication" You can ask any cop if they will back their partners statement. I support our law enforcement officers and respect them to the fullest but I also know first hand there are some crooked ones out there abusing the badge. Iluv was just posting what happened to her dog not trying to make a big debate over what everyone thinks. I know there are alot of people who don't like pits and have a bad impression of them and all I can say to that is "Judge not, lest ye be judged!" you judge something by the reputation they have, we all know what that is like especially with our sport, a few bad apples and it gives everyone a bad name. 

Greenmachine are you related to American Highlander and JackL? Your a lil instigator....lol

yfz122
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: May 15, 2007, 09:20:56 PM »

This is my vicious pit Hercules.

* 101_1104.JPG (44.73 KB, 512x384 - viewed 214 times.)
« Last Edit: May 15, 2007, 09:23:11 PM by yfz122 » Logged

Next thing you know they'll take my thoughts away
IBF24

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: May 15, 2007, 09:30:01 PM »

Well I am her mother. and let me clear a few things up.

1. The warrent wasn't issued for her address. it was issued for Robert Davis at my address.  The Davis boys and there father use to live at my address.
The 2 plan clothed detectives banged on my door at 6:30am like I was the worlds biggest criminal. one was at my front door the other was around the back of my trailer. I sent them over to her address. Still half asleep not knowing who exactly they were looking for but a Davis. Or why they were looking for them. I never told the officers that Robert Davis was over there. I said the Davis's moved over there.
the never knocked on her front door to ask if he was there or if she knew where he was. they were looking over her privacy fence in her back yard. that is posted no treaspassing. now from what I know of the law. they legally had no right to be looking over her fence as the warrent wasn't for that address. The only right they had there is to knock on there door and ask them if he was there or if they knew where to find them .  They had more rights to search my home for Robert Davis then they did hers.

2. This dog doesn't grawl at anyone. people are always over there around them dogs. as they collect the rent for the trailer park I live in. This dog is the most docile animal I have ever seen. no matter what anyone does to it it just walks away. Doesn't matter if it is a person from the famaily or someone that pulled in  there drive way to look at an 3 or 4 wheeler or dropping one off to be fixed.

3. Because the officers had a warrent for Robert Daves does not mean he is a criminal. As she repeatedly said he didn't pay a 500.00 court ordered child support payment. Does that make him a criminal?  NOT. But the cops sure acted like he was Americas top wanted.

4. I can't say the dog didn't growl or move towards the detective. Only he can. But I can so it not likely.  But even if it had Did he have the right to shot it 4 times? As a federal officer said. rules of engagement say no.

Had that been my pit. I would be upset and distraught. But I also would have known the detective was right to shot and kill her. as she would have taken his throat apart. I raised my pit for protection. I love her dearly and would never want anything to happen to her. And I am greatful my 14yr. step daughter was smart enough to close my pit up in her room before she answered the door at 6:30 this morning. Cuz my dog would have went for the detective.

As for the leash law. It is never enforced till a police officer shots and kills someones  dog. I take my dog out on a leash, but only because she is aggressive and very protective of me and mine. But I see people walking around bay shore with there dogs without leashes and the police do nothing. Most people don't cuz they know there dog would not harm a flee.

You can all say what you want. but all pits are not agressive. It is a stero type peroid. All the reports about dogs attacking are half stories. the press don't always tell you everything. If you believe they do then you probly believe that the government never lies and has never hidden a thing from us common folk.

Any breed of dog can be aggressive under the right situation. even a so called harmeless poodle.

As for picking on her because of her grammer. give her a break she is distraught. and you would be too if someone shot your dog 4 times and killed it. No matter what the situation was. 4 Times is obsessive. If that Detective had shot a person 4 times people would be outraged.  And did he really have to kill the dog? Most animals will run off from the sound of the gun shot. What happened to using pepper spray or tazer? This officer had other options. He darn sure didn't have to shot to kill. Like a deer you wound it, it runs. so does every other animal.

Rather the dog growles and lunged for the officer or not he was still in the wrong. He did not have to Kill Cheech. He could have pepper sprayed him, Tazered him, or wounded him. A shot to the hind end would have stopped the dog from attacking if it was attacking.

I know these officers put there lifes on the line everyday and get little respect for it. But we all know they aren't always right in the actions they take. Killing a dog or a person should always be there last resort not there first.
greenmachine
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: May 15, 2007, 09:37:52 PM »

Blupits, you stated before that I know everything because I read it in the newspaper. Actually everything I read & posted about was only read from this thread, I actually decided to do a search and found it on tbo.com which I then posted afterwards. My opinion was formed from this post alone.
So get your facts straight Wink & keep using spellcheck........ Wink...& thanks for appreciating my hard work Cool
blupits04
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: May 15, 2007, 09:48:04 PM »

I don't have to use spell check thank you! I'ma smart cracka Smiley That and a woman you know WE know everything  Wink I just don't see the point in down grading someone b/c of how they talk,spell or punctuate I'm not 6 anymore.

And you do work hard Green you like makin these people think!

Ride1Rob
Supreme Member

YFZ 450!!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: May 15, 2007, 09:56:40 PM »

Once again... LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICERS DON'T SHOOT TO WOUND! WE DON'T SHOOT TO KILL! WE SHOOT TO STOP! To the guy that says he's a federal official. You're dreaming! You can't possibly be LE and bash a fellow officer until a full investigation is complete. And any LE official with knowledge would know that you shoot until the threat stops being a threat. When trained to double tap it's pretty instinctual to do so. Was he supposed to shoot once and stop to see if he actually hit the dog? In triaining we're told that if a man with a knife comes within 21 feet and lunges at you with a knife, there's a greater possibility he'll stab you even after you shoot him. The odds are just that much higher with a dog b/f you get bit. I guarrantee that majority of the posts that want the cops head are peeps that are not so good when it comes to being law abiding citizens. I run into them almost everyday and they have it out for LE b/c of course who brings their arses to jail when they break the law.

Iluvmy250R
I am sorry for you loss. But your story of this dog could never hurt anyone I don't agree with. When I was growing up we had a German Shep. I was laid back but was protective of our home. There was a salesman at our door once and my brother answered it. The salesman was talking to my brother when the dog approached the door and stood next to my brothers leg. My brother then for an extra precaution grabbed his color and continued talking to the man. In an instance, the dog lunged for the mans throat! Good thing my brother had his color or the man would have been bit. The dog was about 3yrs old. We never had that problem out of him b/f but after that we had to be more aware of his aggression. When dogs are young they are more playful. As they get older and start getting into their prime they tend to get more aggressive and protective as well. Once they start to get old the aggression subsides quite a bit.

If it'll run... I'm ridin'!!!
Ride1Rob
Supreme Member

YFZ 450!!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: May 15, 2007, 10:12:20 PM »

Well I am her mother. and let me clear a few things up.

1. The warrent wasn't issued for her address. it was issued for Robert Davis at my address.  The Davis boys and there father use to live at my address.
The 2 plan clothed detectives banged on my door at 6:30am like I was the worlds biggest criminal. one was at my front door the other was around the back of my trailer. I sent them over to her address. Still half asleep not knowing who exactly they were looking for but a Davis. Or why they were looking for them. I never told the officers that Robert Davis was over there. I said the Davis's moved over there.
the never knocked on her front door to ask if he was there or if she knew where he was. they were looking over her privacy fence in her back yard. that is posted no treaspassing. now from what I know of the law. they legally had no right to be looking over her fence as the warrent wasn't for that address. The only right they had there is to knock on there door and ask them if he was there or if they knew where to find them .  They had more rights to search my home for Robert Davis then they did hers.

2. This dog doesn't grawl at anyone. people are always over there around them dogs. as they collect the rent for the trailer park I live in. This dog is the most docile animal I have ever seen. no matter what anyone does to it it just walks away. Doesn't matter if it is a person from the famaily or someone that pulled in  there drive way to look at an 3 or 4 wheeler or dropping one off to be fixed.

3. Because the officers had a warrent for Robert Daves does not mean he is a criminal. As she repeatedly said he didn't pay a 500.00 court ordered child support payment. Does that make him a criminal?  NOT. But the cops sure acted like he was Americas top wanted.

4. I can't say the dog didn't growl or move towards the detective. Only he can. But I can so it not likely.  But even if it had Did he have the right to shot it 4 times? As a federal officer said. rules of engagement say no.

Had that been my pit. I would be upset and distraught. But I also would have known the detective was right to shot and kill her. as she would have taken his throat apart. I raised my pit for protection. I love her dearly and would never want anything to happen to her. And I am greatful my 14yr. step daughter was smart enough to close my pit up in her room before she answered the door at 6:30 this morning. Cuz my dog would have went for the detective.

As for the leash law. It is never enforced till a police officer shots and kills someones  dog. I take my dog out on a leash, but only because she is aggressive and very protective of me and mine. But I see people walking around bay shore with there dogs without leashes and the police do nothing. Most people don't cuz they know there dog would not harm a flee.

You can all say what you want. but all pits are not agressive. It is a stero type peroid. All the reports about dogs attacking are half stories. the press don't always tell you everything. If you believe they do then you probly believe that the government never lies and has never hidden a thing from us common folk.

Any breed of dog can be aggressive under the right situation. even a so called harmeless poodle.

As for picking on her because of her grammer. give her a break she is distraught. and you would be too if someone shot your dog 4 times and killed it. No matter what the situation was. 4 Times is obsessive. If that Detective had shot a person 4 times people would be outraged.  And did he really have to kill the dog? Most animals will run off from the sound of the gun shot. What happened to using pepper spray or tazer? This officer had other options. He darn sure didn't have to shot to kill. Like a deer you wound it, it runs. so does every other animal.

Rather the dog growles and lunged for the officer or not he was still in the wrong. He did not have to Kill Cheech. He could have pepper sprayed him, Tazered him, or wounded him. A shot to the hind end would have stopped the dog from attacking if it was attacking.

I know these officers put there lifes on the line everyday and get little respect for it. But we all know they aren't always right in the actions they take. Killing a dog or a person should always be there last resort not there first.

Wow how the story has taken ANOTHER twist. I thought that all this happened at her Mother in laws home down from hers? Now it's her MOTHERS home they were at?

You (Mom/Mother in law/ however you're related) sent them to her house by stating the Davis's moved there. That gave them probable cause the check the house to find their man. The warrant merely gives them the right to go any and everywhere to detain the guy they're looking for. Not just one fixed location.

They had the right to look over the privacy fence once they had probable cause (once again, you gave them that). Also, the term "Privacy" had no bearing in that matter.

Your daughter first stated that her husband walked to her mother in laws home to see what was going on. So now it actually happened at her home? More reason for me to believe the cops are telling the truth. You guys need to get your stories together...

« Last Edit: May 15, 2007, 10:22:01 PM by Ride1Rob » Logged

yfz122
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: May 15, 2007, 10:27:46 PM »

I have a family full of cops in three different states. I know for a fact police do what they want when they want. I hear all the bull$hit stories they tell when the're together. I have no respect for most of law enforcement. I have no criminal record. What the hell ever happened to protect and serve. What makes them better than anyone else? Angry

FishaHallic
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: May 15, 2007, 10:37:07 PM »

Does your mom know your up this late?   Bonk
Smoknbanshee
Supreme Member

When the green light drops, all bull$hit stops!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: May 15, 2007, 10:38:50 PM »

Hate to say it, but the truth to the matter is that if the person would of paid the child support the warrant would not of been issued, and the police would not of been to your house.  Sorry for your lose like I have stated before, but the moral of the story is this would of never happened if the child support was paid in the first place.  Hate to say it, but that is a very big offence in my opinion and I am glad they issue warrants for citizens that do not pay child support on time.  I grew up in a divorced family and can truely understand how child support would of helped if it was policed when I was growing up.

Team FBI (Florida Boy's Inc.)
A$$ Crack Racing
Choke on my Smoke!
Ride1Rob
Supreme Member

YFZ 450!!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: May 15, 2007, 10:39:12 PM »

I have a family full of cops in three different states. I know for a fact police do what they want when they want. I hear all the bull$hit stories they tell when the're together. I have no respect for most of law enforcement. I have no criminal record. What the hell ever happened to protect and serve. What makes them better than anyone else? Angry

All you did was admit that your family is full of a bunch of crooked police. Don't judge someone else b/c your family members abuse their authority. There are those that do, just like there are bad politicians, doctors, etc... But not all are bad like your crooked arsed family members (From what you state). Undecided

Smoknbanshee
Supreme Member

When the green light drops, all bull$hit stops!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: May 15, 2007, 10:40:18 PM »

All you did was admit that your family is full of a bunch of crooked police. Don't judge someone else b/c your family members abuse their authority. There are those that do, just like there are bad politicians, doctors, etc... But not all are bad like your crooked arsed family members (From what you state). Undecided

Your exactly right, one bad apple can spoil the cart.

Team FBI (Florida Boy's Inc.)
A$$ Crack Racing
Choke on my Smoke!
sbripple

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: May 15, 2007, 10:40:19 PM »

can spot the cops in here easily  ....they lie
Bigscrb15
Supreme Member

I'm a Florida Mud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: May 15, 2007, 10:40:57 PM »

smoke, i agree. 

doesnt matter what the crime was. a warrant is a warrant. and they dont issue a warrant because you dont pay, they issue the warrant because you didnt show up at court for the hearing after you didnt pay, right?

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
Da_Mtg_Man
extraordinaire
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: May 15, 2007, 10:46:29 PM »

This thread has turned into a freaking joke.
I have no idea what went on there but I can tell you this, If a pit came towards me at 6:30 in the morning and didn't stop I would blast him too.
I owned a pit for 15 yrs before I had to put him down due to old age.Never once did he show aggression towards a human being. He was the best dog in the world and by far the best friend I've ever had. However, I would still fire on a dog that kept walking towards me in the situation described in this thread.

FLORIDA MUD RIDER
yfz122
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: May 15, 2007, 10:48:42 PM »

not just my family. every other alcoholic officer that works with them. You know exactly what I am talking about. Not everybody is stupid. How often do you cover your ears and close your eyes.

iluvmy250r

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: May 15, 2007, 11:30:28 PM »

hey check this out Ride1Rob i never said mother in law you all want to pick on me for my grammer well maybe you should learn to read and understand what you read i never said all cops are bad and believe me i do obey the law and i do respect the cops that deserve it you say don't judge another cop because of what other cops do OK take your own advice why do you feel the need to judge my dog because he is a pit you know if my dog was aggressive i would not say a word for what happen but hes not and like i have said before these cops have been here before and my dogs where out and they didn't feel the need to shoot then and as far as the uniform thing they where in plan close like we wear everyday my biggist point is why 4 time once if that should have been enough blupits04 the bullet holes i did see where in his chest, rear thigh and left shoulder i don't mind you asking it wasn't insensitive and these cops are lying because i did tell every one that cheech was not in the gate if he was he would have gone into the house not into the yard he was already in the yard going to the gate
IBF24

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: May 15, 2007, 11:33:00 PM »

this morning at about 6:45 am 2 undercover cops showed up at my moms house so my husband and my dog walked over there to find out what was going

Ride1Rob above is what she posted in her original post. she never said it was her mother in law. so before you post you should have your facts.

I didn't attack you and neither did she. her story is the same.
and OMG its obviouse whos the law enforcement in here. you are all on the defensive when all she was doing was putting her story out there to possible save anyone else from the tragedy she went throu.
iluvmy250r

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: May 15, 2007, 11:35:55 PM »

oh and one more thing the cops never tried you yell at cheech or scare him off in any way he just took fire and went on from there and if he was in the right he still had no right to use foul language toward me my boyfriend or anyone else in my family so there another thing to show he was a jerk and really didn't care
blupits04
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: May 15, 2007, 11:40:29 PM »

Explain to me how this got into a Cop bashing party? I think the kiddies are up past their bed time! It's time for this thread to be deleted it's doing nothing but making all cops look bad and their families look like idiots. yfz122 where does your family have police so I know not to go there. It's ridiculous how this thread has turned out. Like I said before it only takes one person to make a crowd look bad and thats whats happening here.Not all cops are bad, not all dogs are bad and whether or not he paid his child support is his issue but I don't agree with him not paying the child support. It's based on your income so if he's having problems with it he needs to go back to the court and tell them. Whether there be a No trespassing sign or not There needs to be a "Beware of dog" sign. Ad as for the "shoot to stop" comment There is a difference between a dog attacking and a man with a knife. And the cop could have handled it differently and the dog could still be alive. If he was a threat they could have taken him to be euthenized. And if you don't shoot to kill or shoot to wound explain to me exactly what "Shoot to stop" means?

iluvmy250r

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: May 15, 2007, 11:51:23 PM »

there are beware of dog signs all over the property and even on the gate i have never bashed a cop and never will all i was saying is that this cop was in the wrong i have the beware of dog sings up so that people know there are dogs on the property i just thought of something else i had some nabought that had 2 pits chained up out side and a cop was looking to serve a warrant on them and the dog did lung and try to bite the cop but guess what he didn't shoot it and the dog has also tried to get my boyfriend and he didn't shoot it he hit it in the head and the dog ran i really didn't put this post here for people to bash cops that was not my intentions i just was everyone expecally ones with know aggressive breeds to be extra careful of what they do and may save there dogs life thats all this was about i know some people hate pits and thats what ever thats your choose not mine but i happen to love all my dogs and 2 of them happen to be pits and I'm sorry if you don't like it so for my final word of this everyone please stop bashing the cops not all are bad same as for dogs
yfz122
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: May 15, 2007, 11:55:08 PM »

Like I said it is most cops. Open your eyes. If the police would've been where they were supposed to be I guess this would be a different topic.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com