Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hills. county shot and killed my dog today  (Read 63044 times)
2strokinIt

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: May 15, 2007, 04:02:36 PM »

there was much more that i had to say but i hit the post button by mistake i want to answer everyones questions and commits i  dont remember everything i wrote but i do know that this is a touchy subject and i expected that but i do know that there are many people that feel my pain and the some love for there animal let me ask this to all the one that dont like pits would you feel different about my story if i had a deferent bread of dog? want to hear some thing funny my 2 month old cocker spaniel is more aggressive than cheech was one thing i know is that i thank god that my other pit macho want out side or he would be gone too i really do thank everyone for there commits the one thing is what where the cops doing at  my back gate at 6:45 to serve a misdemeanor warrent for some one that dont live here my address is on the side road not the main road where the cops where another is if they where looking over the fence they would have been blocking the gate and if the dog was in the gate he couldn't have gotten out and as far as cheech going under the truck after the shot he was shot 4 times back to back (no pause) he was dead so he couldn't have moved and i do understand that family sticks up for each other but he dont live here so why would he be here at 6:45 am i would like to let you all know that if there are questions you want to know feel free to ask even if it might hurt my feelings i will do my best to answer them and try to help you understand here is my final question could you imagine it being 6:45 am and you hear a loud gun shot 4 times knowing your boyfriend is out side and not knowing whats going on i was so scare i couldn't move for like a min and when i did get up as i got closer to the door i heard my boyfriend yelling then to find out i loose my sweet dog how would you all feel

still no period, but at least the sentence is gettin longer.

i saw a question mark Grin..do only certain members have spell check ..or how does that work?
iluvmy250r

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: May 15, 2007, 04:11:51 PM »

i have spell check i just forget to use it sometimes Roll Eyes
KB

« Reply #52 on: May 15, 2007, 04:52:12 PM »

Ya there is a leash law, that's right, so any of you bringing it up that has a cat & let's it go outside ,you better have it on a leash.
How many of you do that ?

The worst smell I think is a male cat spraying on my garbage can, then I take it out & get it on my hand's or pant leg's & Go-Jo won't take that smell off if I washed my hand's 10 times.

I admit there is 2 sides to every story, maybe it's just me but it seem's like some people think this dog should have been shot 4 time's.
Even if the dog did growl at the deputy I think 1 shot would of been enough, like MP Tony(who said he's a Federal Officer himself) said
 there wasn't any reason he should of double tapped that trigger, much less 4 times(probably all he could handle or he would emptied his clip)

I just feel bad for this girl who lost her dog & it seem's like some people here think she deserved for it to happen.
Raggin on her about her spelling, come on guy's, give her a break.

I really want to go to this rally but I don't know if I want hang out w/ y'all fat boy's anyway.

Wait a minute, I gotta go, I see a cat outside & I think it's hissing at my little girl, I'm gonna go blast it w/ my .50 cal. See Ya

blupits04
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: May 15, 2007, 04:57:09 PM »

I have been around some vicious dogs who threatened my kids and actually bit my son in the face, He got a new family with no kids and is spoiled rotten now. He was a 1 yr old Min Pin. it's not just pits who are mean and instinctive. My son picked the min pin up and he bit him yet they could go in the back yard with my male 3 yr old 80lb pit and grab him by his family jewels and my pit would walk off. It's all in how the dog is raised and what it's temperament is. I agree that there are two sides of the story but why shoot the dog 4 times? If it were a man who was attacking him he would have shot once to wound him and then handcuffed him. IMO they need to have all cops go through animal training of some sort, If you shoot or kill a police dog it's the same punishment as if you shoot an human police officer.If the officer would have taised the dog or shot a warning shot most dogs run and hide if they aren't used to guns. That early in the morning it would have startled the dog and more than likely he would have coward down and hid. I understand the leash law and how they were in the wrong about not having him on one but it that worth killing the dog over? What alot of people don't understand is alot of the dogs that are on TV for attacking are mix breed pits, usually mixed with chow or rottie. A full blooded pit who hasn't been inbred has a totally different temperment.

I guess I just play favorites with my pits but I don't believe any dog should be shot to kill unless you have a very good reason that he is going to harm you. The cop might have felt that way we don't know but there is always the possibility that maybe the dog was just being playful.

blupits04
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: May 15, 2007, 04:59:14 PM »

Oh and to the Fella's picking on her about her run on sentences and spelling... I didn't know we got graded on our spelling or writing..damn I must have missed that in the rules of the site. Give her a break I know you guys like to have fun and rag on people but DAYUM!!!!!!!!..oops I spelled that wrong I'll give myself a demerit

Eric5555
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: May 15, 2007, 05:01:58 PM »

i had a pitbull and it bit my neibors dog and tore off its ear and it bit this guy in my backyard who was building my garage...so i had to get rid of my pitbull Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry

http://www.cashcrate.com/index.php?ref=237418

2007 kx250f
2006 kx250f
2003 rm250

FOR SALE:
2003 rm250
-MESSAGE ME
greenmachine
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: May 15, 2007, 05:09:41 PM »

i had a pitbull and it bit my neibors dog and tore off its ear and it bit this guy in my backyard who was building my garage...so i had to get rid of my pitbull Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry
Up until those incidents, he was probably just as nice as could be though right?
iluvmy250r

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: May 15, 2007, 05:16:46 PM »

greenmachine you seem to be a very negative guy i have read one of your other post and you plain out called the guy an idiot did your mom ever teach you if you can say nothing nice don't say nothing at all

THANKS everyone for having my back i appreciate it and for the commit about the cats that was funny it made me laugh thanks for that and NO i don't hate cats i really needed a good laugh so thanks
greenmachine
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: May 15, 2007, 05:17:56 PM »

It is posted on TBO.COM now for anyone interested.
iluvmy250r

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: May 15, 2007, 05:21:41 PM »

what is on tbo.com the same thing that is posted here i think its like the 3rd post it doesnt say the same thing as the news paper says
greenmachine
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: May 15, 2007, 05:27:23 PM »

greenmachine you seem to be a very negative guy i have read one of your other post and you plain out called the guy an idiot did your mom ever teach you if you can say nothing nice don't say nothing at all

THANKS everyone for having my back i appreciate it and for the commit about the cats that was funny it made me laugh thanks for that and NO i don't hate cats i really needed a good laugh so thanks
You are taking my post out of context but I understand after reading your posts that punctuation or literacy isnt a high spot for you. You have stated so many different stories in your posts, dont hate me because I can read them. Oh yeah, BTW your dog was only shot 3 times, the 4th one missed. None of my animals ever run free anywhere or anytime. Why dont you just hire an attorney & sue the cops if they were wrong. It is in the press already, all you need now is a lawyer. By now your phone should be ringing off the hook with attorneys.
Again, good luck & we all have opinions. We dont have to like them.
iluvmy250r

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: May 15, 2007, 05:45:52 PM »

this is what the paper reads:

deputies kill dog that family describes as a peaceful pup

Riverview -- Cheech was a big baby who played with children and other dogs said Brandy Downer who lived with the 55lbs pooch. His only problem she said was that cheech was born a pit bull. Monday morning cheech's path crossed with hillsborough county sheriff's deputies who where looking for a man wanted on a warrent. cheech was shot to death. deputies fired four rounds at the dog and three found their mark. they said the dog had growled and lunged at them. downer said the dog was never aggressive ---to children in the family or other dogs or anyone else. if you stomped you foot she said he would run the other way. the 2 1/2 year old red nose pit bull was in his yard and was about to be called into the house at ************** by his owner Mitch Davis who is downer's boyfriend. Davis was too upset monday to talk about the incident. hes not talking to anyone right now said downer 25 a couple of hours after they dragged cheech's body from beneath a pickup --proof he was not attacking she said and buried it in the back yard. deputies said they where in the area shortly before 7am to serve a warrant on Robert Davis Mitch's brother who they thought lived in downer's home. Robert Davis was wanted on a contempt of court warrant. deputy john masson 32 looked over a privacy fence in an effort to find Davis according to sheriff's spokeswoman Debbie carter. he spotted the pit bull as it came out of the fenced in area and went between sheds and a pickup she said. the dog came out into the open and growled at masson who pulled his hadgun and killed him on the spot carter said. downer said Robert Davis never lived at the address and wasn't there monday morning. cheech has been the family dog since he was 6 months ole she said. he's the biggest wimp of a dog she said. although she didn't see the incident she said she knows the animal. i don't have to have been there to know she said i feel like the dog was categorized because he happened to be an aggressive breed. a review board at the sheriff's office will investigate the incident  carter there appeared to be problem with the shooting at this time she said  
iluvmy250r

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: May 15, 2007, 05:54:11 PM »

you are right we all do have opinions and we don't have to like them your right but all my stories are the same and i told the paper that i only saw 3 bullet holes but I'm not going to dig all over my poor dead dogs body to see if the fourth did or didn't hit him and no I'm not punctuation or literacy SO WHAT WHO CARES and I'm not mad at you opinion i just don't know why you have to be so mean so what you are telling me is that because i have a pit it should die right well maybe you should come kill my other pit then i can sue you too. or maybe you should shoot my cocker spaniel because he might bite you hes meaner than the pits are.
Quad32x
Supreme Member

Work My Sausage !

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: May 15, 2007, 06:08:00 PM »

Has anyone EVER heard of a mean pit bull? There are 2 sides to every story. Thats all I had better say.
Wink

Team LFG , Local Fat Guys.
Mystic Motorsports Vet Class Rider #32
blupits04
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: May 15, 2007, 06:24:59 PM »

Greenmachine I'm glad to know they had someone else there who knows everything that happened. You seem to be the only person who knows the actual events..oh wait you read it in the news paper and EVERYONE knows the newspaper never makes a mistake! For the sake of an argument All animals have their threats and bad habits so how is it fair to only point your finger at a pitbull? People attack other people all the time does that mean it's now legal to kill the SOB who attacks you.... Kids play and run all the time does that mean I have to worry about my kids getting shot for running to a cop? The point is that her dog got killed in an inhuman manner whether or not it be a pit or a poodle, whether it attacked or not is not the point, the point is a dog or any animal for that fact that attacks someone is taken in to be euthanized.If your dog attacks you and you shoot him you go to jail. If your dog kills another animal and you shoot him you go to jail...why is it ok that the cop took it into his own hands to kill the animal? I don't agree with all the laws that animals have and I agree pits have a bad name, You can cringe at my pics all you want If you trust your dog and show them you trust them and aren't going to abuse them they are loyal to the end.Same with people. I already told Iluv that I have another litter coming soon and if they want a puppy she knows the price. People who own pits and have been around a true pit will always go back to the the breed they love. Opinions are just that opinions so it doesn't matter what gets said on here... And as for the wise crack remarks on Grammar and what not what does it matter how someone spells or punctuates? As long as you know what they mean it shouldn't matter.

yfz122
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: May 15, 2007, 06:29:59 PM »

her life is worth any cops life with zero regrets

Next thing you know they'll take my thoughts away
iluvmy250r

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: May 15, 2007, 06:36:24 PM »

omg she is beautiful i wish i knew how to put pictures up i would show you all cheech
blupits04
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: May 15, 2007, 06:43:34 PM »

RIP Cheech

* cheech_hcso.jpg (77.17 KB, 720x540 - viewed 172 times.)

* cheech_hcso_005.jpg (53.17 KB, 640x480 - viewed 201 times.)
« Last Edit: May 15, 2007, 06:49:38 PM by blupits04 » Logged

iluvmy250r

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: May 15, 2007, 06:52:54 PM »

thanks blupits04 now everyone can see him what do you think does he look mean?
bigscrub79
Supreme Member

I'm a Florida Mud Rider!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: May 15, 2007, 06:58:06 PM »

Wait a minute, I gotta go, I see a cat outside & I think it's hissing at my little girl, I'm gonna go blast it w/ my .50 cal. See Ya

I was staying out of this thread until I read this comment. KB that is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. Why in the world would you say something like that? It is clearly a waste of expensive ammo, a .30-06 will achieve the same results with a much cheaper round.

FishaHallic
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: May 15, 2007, 07:24:20 PM »

I wanted to stay out of this thread also but I can't stand it anymore.  First, I'm a truly sorry you lost your dog, I am an animal lover myself and having my dog or cat die on you is very hard.  In this case the death hits even harder because of the way your dog died.

With that being said, I think you are jumping to conclusions when you accuse the officer of shooting your dog needlessly.   I think you said (can't remember exactly because the story has changed some from the initial post) that you were not there when the officer shot the dog.  So I assume the only people there were the 2 police officers, right?  Why then to you assume they are lying about your dog being aggressive?   You said yourself the dog is protective of is property, it was also early in the morning and the police may have been on your property or right next to it so maybe he was being territorial.  Don't you think police have a right to protect themselves?  These people put their lives on the line every day for us I think we should cut them some slack.   That officer has a right to come home from work without bite wounds does he not?   

I suppose you could say that he over reacted but who knows we were not there and we only have the 2 officers word.  Just because your dog has not bitten anyone yet does not mean he was not about to rip a new a!@hole into that officer.   

Your other statement about the guy not even living at that address is meaning less.  It's obvious the guy has issues with following the law so are we to assume that he does not lie also.  The guy the police were looking for may have gave that address as his but either way he was the brother of one of the people at the house.   A reasonable person would assume that this person could be there and they were serving a legal warrant looking for him.   I will chastise the police when they do wrong but in this case, with the facts we know right now, I believe the police felt threatened and had every right to shoot the dog. 

I have said this before and I will say it again, the people that have the biggest problem with the police are usually the ones who deal with them often.   Being a law abiding citizen I find I don't have to deal with the police very often, only when I get a speeding ticket do I have to deal with them and then I don't go on the Internet and bash them, I pay my fine and go on about my daily life.  Good luck
iluvmy250r

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: May 15, 2007, 07:34:14 PM »

the thing is these cops have been here before and they where told he doesn't live here then and one thing you said really makes me mad I HAVE NEVER been in any trouble with the law i will give you my full name and you can look it up i am not bashing every cop just this one your right i was not right out side when it happened but i know my dog another thing is one of the cops told me they got bite by a dog last week and they didn't shoot it because it was a small dog OK fine then he told me that they shot a rottie last week i think this cop is trigger happy if they had a cop dog so to speak and it bit us we couldn't shot it now could we no matter what the reason for the dog to attack up and my dog was not protective of nothing he is an inside dog so what happens out side means nothing to him
FishaHallic
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: May 15, 2007, 07:46:00 PM »

So let me add this I don't think people ever lie about a convict being at their house?  You know they do and I'll bet if this convict was someone that had violated you or your family you would want the police to look every where possible including relatives to find him.

I am not saying everyone that has a problem with police are bad but in general the people I hear complaining about the police are ones that have a lot of dealing with the police.   good luck
iluvmy250r

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: May 15, 2007, 08:06:10 PM »

just so everyone know he was wanted for not paying 500.00 in child support its not like he hurt robbed or raped some one so this brings me back to my original question why where they doing at my back gate?Huh
cheropride
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: May 15, 2007, 08:11:56 PM »

I have nothing against the breed, I used to own a Rotty, and I have seen a lot of great pits.  But all dogs, including my sweat loving lab, they do get protective of their territory.  It is so hard for us to judge, I don't know the cop and I don't was not there to see exactly what happen, all I can do is use my experience.

Most dogs, or just about all dogs, for whatever reason hate anyone in uniform.  This is a given.  I can look at the situation, that yea, the dog may of been more aggresive, he didn't knows these people, he sees a uniform, and he senses their apprehension.  At that point, any rationaly dog would of been protective, perhaps not agreesive, but more than likely very protection.  So lets get back to the pit bull, if it were a lab with the same protective instincts, it more than like would of went a different way.  Cause I do believe that certain breeds of dogs have a bad rap, this includes the pit bull, the rottwieler, and some others.  Unfortanately, we can not be in the officier's head, in his mind he may of seriously felt that his life was in danger.  I can't answer that, cause I was not there and I don't know.  Are there bad dogs, yea, are there bad cops, but this situation it is hard to say.  It's not that cop was wrong, even if the dog would not of attacked, but when the media and everyone else plays up to the PIT BULL thing, you can't imagine how one wouled react.

Test - you have a growling lab? who do you feel, are you threaten, do you fear for your life?
you have growling rottweiler, who do you feel, are you threaten, do you fear for your life?
you have growling pitt bull, who do you feel, are you threaten, do you fear for your life?

See how it esculates within itself, so although I truly truly understand how you feel, and if that had been my dog, yea, I would be all over it too. I get it!  But as an outsider, not there, we can easily put ourselves in both situations.  
« Last Edit: May 15, 2007, 08:13:45 PM by cheropride » Logged

Kawi-360 4WD/Camo
Honda 400
Polaris Ranger 700XP
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com