Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hills. county shot and killed my dog today  (Read 62989 times)
qt314nfla

« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2007, 08:15:49 PM »

Sorry to hear about your loss. My dog is like my daughter.  She has bdays.  She rides quads.  I take her camping and she has a different way of fishing but she gets out there like everyone else's kids.  She including talking back if she thinks she's been injustly treated. 

There may be two sides to the story.  However, if the police were on the wrong property it's crap.  I understand that there are two sides.  Yet this dog should still be alive.  The police shouldn't have been on the property serving a warrant there.

I'd be in jail myself is someone injured my dog.
greenmachine
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2007, 08:17:45 PM »

Sorry you had to see your dog die like that, but what leaves question is the fact that the guy they were looking for & who you say "never lived here" was actually your bf's brother. That gives them reason to look there for him. BTW what was he skipping trial for? Was it dark when they were there? IF you had a gun & a large pitbull came at you, What would you do? I know what I would have done even if it were a german shepherd. I have owned & rented out trained guard dogs(all shepherds) and a 90lb rednose pit, black chow & now a JRT. I dont hate dogs.
sbripple

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2007, 08:32:55 PM »

Another case for never allowing cops on your property.They lie worse than anyone.The cop that said the dog lunged at him is falsifying a police report,the biggest crime amoung law enforcement .If they shot my pit I would be dead or in jail.You need to  call dewey,cheatum, and howe.Make sure you get a lawyer that doesnt rely on cops for his livelyhood.Some lawyers will sell you out to help them in the future,or with a bigger paying case.All judges and lawyers understand that cops are not morally bound by the truth,because they are like minded.
KB

« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2007, 08:36:08 PM »

I still say shooting 4 times is crap, it probably woulda only needed 1 if that, they came to serve a warrant / pick up somebody so in there eye's I THINK any one at that house was asking for trouble so he didn't give a rats azz about you or your dog.
iluvmy250r

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: May 14, 2007, 09:36:00 PM »

Sorry you had to see your dog die like that, but what leaves question is the fact that the guy they were looking for & who you say "never lived here" was actually your bf's brother. That gives them reason to look there for him. BTW what was he skipping trial for? Was it dark when they were there? IF you had a gun & a large pitbull came at you, What would you do? I know what I would have done even if it were a german shepherd. I have owned & rented out trained guard dogs(all shepherds) and a 90lb rednose pit, black chow & now a JRT. I dont hate dogs.

OK he didn't skip trial he was supposed to pay 500.00 in a month for child suport( keep in mind he pays child support every week leaving him less than 200.00 every week to live on) so he didn't so he got a contempt of court charge no it was not dark and as far as what i would do i would not have killed any dog the cop had other chooses he shot him 4 times he was shooting to kill
mud.junkie

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2007, 10:00:26 PM »

I feel for your loss and i guess if they came to my yard (which is fully fenced) I would be in the same situation.I have 2 pits and 2 Bull mastiffs and they are so gentle it's not even funny.Pits do get a bad rap, and that cop needs to be taken to court. My dogs are my kids and well mees with the family and i well not going to say but we all know what i mean!!

Again sorry for your loss
buzzardman

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: May 14, 2007, 10:15:10 PM »

you should call and/or write to P.I.T.A.  They are very active with animal cruelty.
Smoknbanshee
Supreme Member

When the green light drops, all bull$hit stops!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: May 14, 2007, 10:19:07 PM »

I have been bite by a pit bull, and I currently own a red nose pit bull and I love my dog very much.  My dogs are like my children, but have to say that a dog in its own yard can be very dangerous.  No one can walk in my backyard anytime of the day, because our pit is very very protective of her territory.  With that, you have split second to make a decision, just like I did when I got bite, and the cop made his decision.  There are two sides to a story, and I will also say that terrier's in general are pack dogs.  When someone screams or another dog yelps it is their instict to attack.  Terrier's will weed out the weak one, and that is how they do it.  Sorry about your loss, but I can tell you that this is the last pit bull that my wife and I will own, due to the instict behavior's they have.  We own a jack russell and they are almost identicall just on a smaller scale.  You might not think it, and there are probably people that have bred pits for years that have never had an incident, but until you do, you will not understand.  The pit bull that bite me was my grand parents.  It does have alot to do with how they are raised but you have to understand their behavior's too.  Just like tiger's.  They can be domesticated, but they still have behavior's that you will never change and that is why some people get attacked.  It won't happen to everyone, but you never know.  I love our pit bull to death, but there is NO garuntee that she won't bite someone for no apparent reason one day, just because that is her behavior.  Something that we think is minut, the pit bull might think is critical and attack over.  You seriously never know. 

Team FBI (Florida Boy's Inc.)
A$$ Crack Racing
Choke on my Smoke!
MPTonyT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: May 14, 2007, 11:15:47 PM »

all i have to say is you have a case on your hands if you wish to pursue.... an LEO's rules of engagement were violated and under no circumstances should that officer have double tapped let alone shot four times.... thats rediculous..... trust me have your lawyer serve them with papers and they will settle out of court. the SO wont want the media getting ahold of this when the facts are presented... it wont bring the dog back but it's all principal now.....  Sad sorry for your loss.... dont let this go unnoticed... and collect as much supporting documentation as possible.

Being a federal officer you would think i would take the LEO's side but thats not the case as i know there are crooked and worthless cops that over react......

Good Luck

2003 Yamaha Raptor 660R
BigDog

Big Dogs do it BEST!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: May 15, 2007, 08:30:24 AM »

Hey BigDog maybe you should delete the address of the home  Huh

Good idea.  No need to send people to a house where they there are quads kept!

http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/6514/fmrsiggi3.jpg

I am a Florida Mud Rider........and PROUD of it!!
greenmachine
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: May 15, 2007, 08:44:50 AM »

OK he didn't skip trial he was supposed to pay 500.00 in a month for child suport( keep in mind he pays child support every week leaving him less than 200.00 every week to live on) so he didn't so he got a contempt of court charge no it was not dark and as far as what i would do i would not have killed any dog the cop had other chooses he shot him 4 times he was shooting to kill
So you do actually know the guy who "never lived here". I would be willing to bet nothing happens. THey will say the leash law could have saved your dog. When my dog is outside he is on a leash & he is only a 10lb JRT. Like someone else said, a pit is an instinctual fighter. They will protect their territory & their family. My family has had many pits in the last 20 yrs & I like the breed myself, but now that I have kids I wont own another one until they are grown & out of the house. When I see pics of kids next to 80+lb pits I just cringe, but to each their own. Also, I have never met a person who owned a pit which attacked or mauled a child that did not say, " I cant beleive this, he/she was the most docile animal I have ever owned, he/she would not hurt a flea." They are still animals & they still have animal instincts that show up without notice.
Good luck with your situation.
Bigscrb15
Supreme Member

I'm a Florida Mud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: May 15, 2007, 09:49:49 AM »

it is P.E.T.A., but I think P.I.T.A. would be a better description.

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
gtnwood

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: May 15, 2007, 10:33:06 AM »

Sorry for your loss 250r, regardless of the reason for your loss.
I dont usually like to post to thread's I know nothing about first hand, like the handful of other's who already have and have already rushed to judgement with their uninformed opinion's, but I am a little curious after reading your original post and then the media article that was posted and then your later post's.

You said that the cop's were at your Mother's house, and your Husband went over to see what for, and took the dog with him, not on a leash by the way. Why take the dog? I'm afraid that may have been the first mistake.
The article said the dog's owner lived at the same address, are there multiple dwelling's at this same address and your's is different from your Mother's? I only ask because the man they were looking for, Robert Davis is the Brother of Mitchell Davis your Boyfriend, or Husband (you have referred to him as both in your post's) so it stand's to reason that if Mitchell Davis reside's there, then there would be a possibility that Robert Davis could be there (because it's only human nature to help your Brother/Family) this would be why the cop's were there, just make's sense to me.
The Deputy claim's the dog was growling at him and lunged at him, you disagree because Cheech was a friendly sort of dog, in your opinion, but wouldn't you also agree that he was a protective dog? I have been around lot's of Pit's and that's just their nature, aggressively protective. Either way the Deputy was the only one there to say how the dog was behaving. Now I'm no Forensic Scientist, but isn't it possible that Cheech crawled up under the truck after he was wounded, which would account for the blood there?
I'm not neccessarily disputing what your saying, just pointing out alternative's that you may not be able concieve of due to your loss.

'Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and
rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition
that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.'
(From a Texas A&M student)
2005 Kodiak 450, 26" 589s
fishfry

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: May 15, 2007, 11:36:02 AM »

Sorry about your dog. I'm for you and your dog.

Don't let this just go by. do some thing about, Call the head sheriff him self, he knows what is going on all ready, and keep calling. Call your county commissioner in your area, and don't let them push you around. If you keep at it something will work out for you and good luck.

Cop's do have the right to come to your door and only your (front/main entrance) to your residence, unless there is a felony in the act.

How about some reading.
2006 Florida Statues "Chapter 767" Damage by Dogs.
http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&URL=Ch0767/ch0767.htm
« Last Edit: May 15, 2007, 11:42:11 AM by fishfry » Logged

A bad day in the woods is better then a good day at work.

500 mule (for sale)
Bronco II
shirah86

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: May 15, 2007, 12:10:55 PM »

the cop shouldnt have shot him but the dog should have been on a leash, i have a deputy friend that shot a cow before under the same circumstances as far as thinking he would have to defend himself and whoever mad the comment about blacks being like pitbulls come thats about a bull$hit comment maybe if there wasnt that thug stereotype that most black guys try to fit into, cops would be less suspicious oh and the smell of marijuana doesnt help either
greenmachine
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: May 15, 2007, 12:12:39 PM »

Sorry about your dog. I'm for you and your dog.

Don't let this just go by. do some thing about, Call the head sheriff him self, he knows what is going on all ready, and keep calling. Call your county commissioner in your area, and don't let them push you around. If you keep at it something will work out for you and good luck.

Cop's do have the right to come to your door and only your (front/main entrance) to your residence, unless there is a felony in the act.

How about some reading.
2006 Florida Statues "Chapter 767" Damage by Dogs.
http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&URL=Ch0767/ch0767.htm

I am no cop, but I have owned apartments in Ft Lauderdale & when they came to serve a warrant on a tenant, they went around back before they knocked on the front door. Obviousley the place isnt fenced off. Also like gtnwood stated, it is possible the dog ran under the truck after being shot on pure adrenaline hence the blood stains.  IT will all come out in the wash, if someone dont want opinions from both sides then dont post it on the net.
cheropride
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: May 15, 2007, 12:15:00 PM »

Sorry for your loss 250r, regardless of the reason for your loss.
I dont usually like to post to thread's I know nothing about first hand, like the handful of other's who already have and have already rushed to judgement with their uninformed opinion's, but I am a little curious after reading your original post and then the media article that was posted and then your later post's.

You said that the cop's were at your Mother's house, and your Husband went over to see what for, and took the dog with him, not on a leash by the way. Why take the dog? I'm afraid that may have been the first mistake.
The article said the dog's owner lived at the same address, are there multiple dwelling's at this same address and your's is different from your Mother's? I only ask because the man they were looking for, Robert Davis is the Brother of Mitchell Davis your Boyfriend, or Husband (you have referred to him as both in your post's) so it stand's to reason that if Mitchell Davis reside's there, then there would be a possibility that Robert Davis could be there (because it's only human nature to help your Brother/Family) this would be why the cop's were there, just make's sense to me.
The Deputy claim's the dog was growling at him and lunged at him, you disagree because Cheech was a friendly sort of dog, in your opinion, but wouldn't you also agree that he was a protective dog? I have been around lot's of Pit's and that's just their nature, aggressively protective. Either way the Deputy was the only one there to say how the dog was behaving. Now I'm no Forensic Scientist, but isn't it possible that Cheech crawled up under the truck after he was wounded, which would account for the blood there?
I'm not neccessarily disputing what your saying, just pointing out alternative's that you may not be able concieve of due to your loss.

Very well put.....

Kawi-360 4WD/Camo
Honda 400
Polaris Ranger 700XP
iluvmy250r

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: May 15, 2007, 02:04:48 PM »

first off let me say i expected to get both side that is why i put my story here i know pits are know as aggressive breads and i don't deny that some are but you can stereotype all animals just the same as all people there is an article in the Tampa tribune today in the metro section i will try to post it up for all to read latter and another thing is i never denied knowing the person the cops where looking for the thing is what in the hello where they looking for him at my house at 6:45 am and why where they both at my back gate and another thing if they where looking over the gate they would have been holding it shut so no dog would have gotten out so there go to show that they are full of $hit and another thing is that i run a business here and my dogs run the yard all the time and they have never bother ANYONE you can say what you want about pits but like guy said every dog is how the owner raises there dog this dog unpoetical was never trained to be a guard dog in any way he was a big baby so to speak i know some people cant stand pits and I'm OK with that thats you prerogative but please don't judge cheech because of his bread i never judge anyone by race or animal by its bread i love all animal and hate to see them suffer as the same goes for people i cant stand to see some one hurt it breaks my heart so  basically what in saying is you can judge a book by its cover i want to thank all the people who stand behind me on this and i also want to say thanks to everyone for the input wheather negative or positive i knew when i posted this there would be both sides and like i said I'm OK with that too you have an opinion and you have a right to express it but i know that if any one want in my shoe wheather you have a pit bull or any other kind of dog cat pig or what ever animal you would choose to have you would be heart broken and not want anyone to judge your animal by its bread i love my dogs and I'm sure you all love your pets i just want the world to know what happened and do what ever you can to protect you beloved pets to answer the question about why take the dog my boyfriend takes him every where he goes yes you might be right it might have been a mistake but he never took him out of the yard and yes my address is deferent than my mothers my mom lives in a trailer part that i live on an acer property next door to the trailer park
« Last Edit: May 15, 2007, 02:31:04 PM by iluvmy250r » Logged
Bigscrb15
Supreme Member

I'm a Florida Mud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: May 15, 2007, 02:37:00 PM »

first off let me say i expected to get both side that is why i put my story here i know pits are know as aggressive breads and i don't deny that some are but you can stereotype all animals just the same as all people there is an article in the Tampa tribune today in the metro section i will try to post it up for all to read latter and another thing is i never denied knowing the person the cops where looking for the thing is what in the hello where they looking for him at my house at 6:45 am and why where they both at my back gate and another thing if they where looking over the gate they would have been holding it shut so no dog would have gotten out so there go to show that they are full of $hit and another thing is that i run a business here and my dogs run the yard all the time and they have never bother ANYONE you can say what you want about pits but like guy said every dog is how the owner raises there dog this dog unpoetical was never trained to be a guard dog in any way he was a big baby so to speak i know some people cant stand pits and I'm OK with that thats you prerogative but please don't judge cheech because of his bread i never judge anyone by race or animal by its bread i love all animal and hate to see them suffer as the same goes for people i cant stand to see some one hurt it breaks my heart so  basically what in saying is you can judge a book by its cover i want to thank all the people who stand behind me on this and i also want to say thanks to everyone for the input wheather negative or positive i knew when i posted this there would be both sides and like i said I'm OK with that too you have an opinion and you have a right to express it but i know that if any one want in my shoe wheather you have a pit bull or any other kind of dog cat pig or what ever animal you would choose to have you would be heart broken and not want anyone to judge your animal by its bread i love my dogs and I'm sure you all love your pets i just want the world to know what happened and do what ever you can to protect you beloved pets to answer the question about why take the dog my boyfriend takes him every where he goes yes you might be right it might have been a mistake but he never took him out of the yard and yes my address is deferent than my mothers my mom lives in a trailer part that i live on an acer property next door to the trailer park

is there any more to the sentence or is it just that short?

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
Da_Mtg_Man
extraordinaire
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: May 15, 2007, 02:49:42 PM »

Where is amhighlander when you need him? I would like to see his rubuttal to this. Roll Eyes

FLORIDA MUD RIDER
iluvmy250r

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: May 15, 2007, 03:19:42 PM »

there was much more that i had to say but i hit the post button by mistake i want to answer everyones questions and commits i  dont remember everything i wrote but i do know that this is a touchy subject and i expected that but i do know that there are many people that feel my pain and the some love for there animal let me ask this to all the one that dont like pits would you feel different about my story if i had a deferent bread of dog? want to hear some thing funny my 2 month old cocker spaniel is more aggressive than cheech was one thing i know is that i thank god that my other pit macho want out side or he would be gone too i really do thank everyone for there commits the one thing is what where the cops doing at  my back gate at 6:45 to serve a misdemeanor warrent for some one that dont live here my address is on the side road not the main road where the cops where another is if they where looking over the fence they would have been blocking the gate and if the dog was in the gate he couldn't have gotten out and as far as cheech going under the truck after the shot he was shot 4 times back to back (no pause) he was dead so he couldn't have moved and i do understand that family sticks up for each other but he dont live here so why would he be here at 6:45 am i would like to let you all know that if there are questions you want to know feel free to ask even if it might hurt my feelings i will do my best to answer them and try to help you understand here is my final question could you imagine it being 6:45 am and you hear a loud gun shot 4 times knowing your boyfriend is out side and not knowing whats going on i was so scare i couldn't move for like a min and when i did get up as i got closer to the door i heard my boyfriend yelling then to find out i loose my sweet dog how would you all feel
Bigscrb15
Supreme Member

I'm a Florida Mud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: May 15, 2007, 03:30:29 PM »

there was much more that i had to say but i hit the post button by mistake i want to answer everyones questions and commits i  dont remember everything i wrote but i do know that this is a touchy subject and i expected that but i do know that there are many people that feel my pain and the some love for there animal let me ask this to all the one that dont like pits would you feel different about my story if i had a deferent bread of dog? want to hear some thing funny my 2 month old cocker spaniel is more aggressive than cheech was one thing i know is that i thank god that my other pit macho want out side or he would be gone too i really do thank everyone for there commits the one thing is what where the cops doing at  my back gate at 6:45 to serve a misdemeanor warrent for some one that dont live here my address is on the side road not the main road where the cops where another is if they where looking over the fence they would have been blocking the gate and if the dog was in the gate he couldn't have gotten out and as far as cheech going under the truck after the shot he was shot 4 times back to back (no pause) he was dead so he couldn't have moved and i do understand that family sticks up for each other but he dont live here so why would he be here at 6:45 am i would like to let you all know that if there are questions you want to know feel free to ask even if it might hurt my feelings i will do my best to answer them and try to help you understand here is my final question could you imagine it being 6:45 am and you hear a loud gun shot 4 times knowing your boyfriend is out side and not knowing whats going on i was so scare i couldn't move for like a min and when i did get up as i got closer to the door i heard my boyfriend yelling then to find out i loose my sweet dog how would you all feel

still no period, but at least the sentence is gettin longer.

greenmachine
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: May 15, 2007, 03:40:02 PM »

thank you everyone for all the support Big dog where did you find that (the Tampa tribune thing) let me let you all know my dog was not aggressive at all he would never hurt anyone and the dog DID NOT come out of the gate he was out side and I know for a fact he never growled or lunged at anyone he was under the truck when they shot him and as far as what HCSO said they told my boyfriend he should have had his f-ing dog on a f-ing leash and he was in our yard not in someone else's my other 2 dogs are so lost right now one is a pit and the other is a cocker spaniel and hes a pup he thought cheech was his daddy this hole thing just makes me so mad the cop that killed him didn't even say sorry for your loose go to hello or nothing
The cop was right about one thing no matter what comes of this. Also, your last post stated you were just waking up inside when you heard the shots fired and you were afraid to run outside, but in this earlier post you state you "know for a fact he never growled or lunged at anyone & he was under the truck" how could you know this from bed? By telling more than one story, you leave lots of questions so you must understand why there are so many insinuations. Your BF made a bad decision, why would he take a dog to investigate a noise if it werent for protection, if it was a bad guy did he expect cheech to lick his face off like dino from the flintstones?
Flat_Out

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: May 15, 2007, 03:45:15 PM »

Where does the leash law come into effect?  When does the dog owner take responsibility and accept the fact that the dog should have been on a leash?

2003 Suzuki Vinson - Stock
"Son If I Wanted To Talk To Your Mother, I Would Have Bought A Car"
greenmachine
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: May 15, 2007, 03:55:09 PM »

Where does the leash law come into effect?  When does the dog owner take responsibility and accept the fact that the dog should have been on a leash?
Precise & to the point Toast
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com