Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hills. county shot and killed my dog today  (Read 62994 times)
iluvmy250r

View Profile

Ignore
« on: May 14, 2007, 04:11:09 PM »

I just would like all the dog lovers out there expecally if you have a pit bull what happened to my baby today

First of let me tell you alittle about my dog yes he is a full blooded red nose pit his name was cheech and he was about 2years old he was very friendly and loving he never hurt no on

so anyways heres my story

this morning at about 6:45 am 2 undercover cops showed up at my moms house so my husband and my dog walked over there to find out what was going on and my husband told cheech lets go inside so he being his playful self went running across the front yard and under out lifted up 4x4 and the one cop pulled out his gun and shot him 4 times and killing him by the time my husband made it to the front yard he was dead the dog never even go close to him he was here to serve a warrant for someone that have never even lived here what i think is that my dog got shot because he is a pit bull i did call 8 on your side and the Tampa tribune i just want all pet owners and dog lovers to know what the cops did this morning so please be careful with your dogs exotically if they are pits the cops treated us like crap cursed at us and was in a big hurry to get out of here they acted like it was no big deal thanks for readinf this and good luck with all you dog lovers we truly loved cheech as if he where out son i just trying to get my story heard so everyone knows cops can and will kill you dog and nothing will be done Cry
shirah86

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2007, 04:17:51 PM »

I am very sorry to hear about that, my pits are like my children
KB

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2007, 04:21:17 PM »

If that was my dog, I might be in jail right now for assault on a L.E.O.

That is totally stupid, he/she coulda at least fired a warning shot at the dirt in front of your dog.
What did those bullsht, H.C.S.O.deputies say after they killed your dog ?

I love animal's, so sorry to hear about that. It has my blood pumping, I can't imagine how your family must feel.

I wonder if it's gonna be all over the media like DIOGGI ? (I bet not)
« Last Edit: May 14, 2007, 04:38:13 PM by KB » Logged
BigDog

Big Dogs do it BEST!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2007, 04:22:30 PM »

Detective Shoots Pit Bull
Posted May 14, 2007 by Beth Gaddis
Updated May 14, 2007 at 12:26 PM

By Howard Altman
The Tampa Tribune

RIVERVIEW - A Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office detective shot and killed a dog this morning.

Deputies went to serve a warrant on a man they believed to be living at ***** **** ***** Rd. They were looking for Robert Davis for failing to appear on a contempt of court charge.

Detective John Masson, 32, looked over a privacy fence in an effort to find Davis, according to sheriff’s spokeswoman Debbie Carter. A 2- to 3-year old pit bull named Cheech came out of the fenced-in area and went between some sheds and a pickup truck, she said.

Carter gave the following account of the incident, which took place at about 6:45 a.m.:
The dog came out into the open and started growling at Masson.

Masson grabbed his gun.

The dog lunged and the deputy fired four shots, killing the dog.

Brandy Downer, who lives at the address with her boyfriend Mitchell Davis – brother of the man being sought by deputies – said the dog was hiding under the truck when it was shot. She also said Robert Davis never lived at the address.

The case will be reviewed by the sheriff office shooting review board, Carter said.

“There appeared to be no problem with the shooting at this time,” said Carter.

« Last Edit: May 15, 2007, 08:28:30 AM by BigDog » Logged

http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/6514/fmrsiggi3.jpg

I am a Florida Mud Rider........and PROUD of it!!
sykolincoln
Supreme Member

save money on tires! ride a trike!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2007, 04:28:54 PM »

man thats got f'ed up written all over the place.. that makes me sick..

3 wheelers are like parapalegic girls....you know you want to ride it!

www.3wheelerworldforums.com

www.sponsorhouse.com/Members/SOUTHGACUSTOMS
shirah86

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2007, 04:46:39 PM »

A PIT BULLS PRAYER

SPIRIT IN THE SKY, WHO WATCHES OVER ALL ANIMALS, IT IS MY PRAYER AND MY REQUEST THAT YOU GRANT GREATER UNDERSTANDING AND ACCEPTANCE TO HUMANS; THOSE WHO LOVE US AND THOSE WHO HATE US
THAT THEY WILL KNOW HOW LOYAL WE ARE, HOW BRAVE WE ARE AND HOW LOVING WE ARE HELP THEM TO ACCEPT US AS A BREED IN WHOLE AND NOT LET THE FEW TRAGEDIES SHINE BRIGHTER THAN THE MANY GREAT TRAITS THAT WE HAVE
AND THOSE WHO WOULD KILL ME LET THEM KNOW, I FORGIVE THEM EVEN THOUGH I DO NOT UNDERSTAND THEIR HATRED AND THOSE WHO WOULD BEAT ME LET THEM KNOW I STILL LOVE THEM EVEN THOUGH IT IS NOT THE HONORABLE WAY, THANK YOU FOR ALL THE STRONG TRAITS THAT YOU HAVE GIVEN MY BREED, HELP THOSE TO KNOW THAT I STAND FOR COURAGE, STRENGTH, LOYALTY AND BRAVERY AND AS MY MASTER KNOWS LET THOSE THAT COME AGAINST MY FAMILY KNOW THAT I WOULD SURELY DIE DEFENDING THEM
AND JUST ONE THING I WOULD ASK; LET MY MASTER KNOW THAT IF YOU SHOULD CALL ME AWAY THAT I WILL WAIT PATIENTLY AT THOSE PEARLY GATES UNTIL THE ONE WHO CHOSE ME COMES HOME-AMEN
East Coast Dirty Girls

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2007, 04:48:09 PM »

you know it is sad that they can legally shoot your dog for being on your property, doing what they are supposed to do......protect you.  And the buttheads that come on to YOUR property and steal, rape and hurt people get a slap on the wrist.  So sorry to hear about it. I know that Cops get a bad wrap in certain situations and do not get enough credit for putting their lives on the line, but this seems to be one of the incidents that cause them to get looked at like they do!  Hate to hear it.
KB

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2007, 04:50:40 PM »

you know it is sad that they can legally shoot your dog for being on your property, doing what they are supposed to do......protect you.  And the buttheads that come on to YOUR property and steal, rape and hurt people get a slap on the wrist.  So sorry to hear about it. I know that Cops get a bad wrap in certain situations and do not get enough credit for putting their lives on the line, but this seems to be one of the incidents that cause them to get looked at like they do!  Hate to hear it.

well said.
Mars
Supreme Member

When I feel athletic, I go to a sports bar.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2007, 05:05:53 PM »

Bottom line is they were at the wrong house. Getcha ya a shark.
 It won't bring your dog back but I think they owe you at least $2,000 for a new dog and $10,000 for wrongfull death.
FTP

04 Z400
99 Foreman 450s, AKA The Pig.
iluvmy250r

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2007, 05:40:07 PM »

thank you everyone for all the support Big dog where did you find that (the Tampa tribune thing) let me let you all know my dog was not aggressive at all he would never hurt anyone and the dog DID NOT come out of the gate he was out side and I know for a fact he never growled or lunged at anyone he was under the truck when they shot him and as far as what HCSO said they told my boyfriend he should have had his f-ing dog on a f-ing leash and he was in our yard not in someone else's my other 2 dogs are so lost right now one is a pit and the other is a cocker spaniel and hes a pup he thought cheech was his daddy this hole thing just makes me so mad the cop that killed him didn't even say sorry for your loose go to hello or nothing
Chillinthemost
Supreme Member

Git it rag

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2007, 05:45:50 PM »

Has anyone EVER heard of a mean pit bull? There are 2 sides to every story. Thats all I had better say.

YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
Chillin Jr. FTR Super Pee A #12
big-daddy
Defender of the secret society!
Supreme Member

Home of the Brave

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2007, 05:47:29 PM »

what you need is a good lawyer......Sorry about your dog.

I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member
MuddFreak77
Supreme Member

I found out who my friends are

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2007, 05:48:03 PM »

I feel for you I don't know what I would do.

Have you searched to see if there is a leash law in your area?  I believe there is, if so you might want to find out what authority the SO has. 

I agree with BD find yourself a GOOD lawyer cause I feel the SO was wrong, if what you are saying is correct, there are always 2 sides to every story, taser or pepper gas might have worked IF needed.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2007, 05:51:18 PM by MuddFreak77 » Logged

Never argue with an Idiot. They drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!

'07 Suzuki King Quad
3k Warn Winch
GPS

2001 F-250 4X4 Diesel, 6 way hand
trx#9
Supreme Member

Manager at Seaman's Sausage House and Adult Movies

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2007, 06:00:56 PM »

Having a bitbull is like being black. The cops are going to shoot first and ask questions later. Get a cracker dog. Wink

"A SPECIAL THANKS TO MY SPONSORS"
Big Knob racing!, NewMembers Mom!
 Sacks Gloryhole at the Little Bar!
Qawd32 Colon massage inc.!
Fuzzy Pickle race team!
gearhead400
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2007, 06:03:36 PM »

The only reason pit bulls get a bad rap is because they have a lot of muscle and are loving PROTECTIVE dogs. People who are trying to protect their property because they have sh*t to hide (drug dealers, theives) get pits and train them to basically rip anything apart that comes in its path. Kids that dont get enough attention and love do the same thing. I dont own a pit and never have but theres no reason i wouldnt. Blame the owner not the breed.
Very sorry to hear about your dog.

Bury your fear, and hold fast to life!!

Mansfield
       Feeling generous?
Support/Sponsor me =] via paypal
  gearhead400ex@hotmail.com
AintSkeered
Contributing Member Plus
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2007, 06:11:37 PM »

If the dog was shot under a car/truck, there will be blood and other evidence there. If you're so confident in your version of the story, hire a private investigator/attorney. And, now you know why we need defense attorneys, ACLU, citizen review boards, the news media and other agencies/services!

2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group
iluvmy250r

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2007, 06:16:39 PM »

as a matter of fact there was blood under the truck i have pictures of all of the blood and pictures of my dog before and after so i do think i will be hiring a lawyer
blupits04
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2007, 06:49:46 PM »

Having raised and bred pits for 5 years I know the breed and I personally haven't had any problems. They are very protective dogs and I wouldn't own another breed of dog. It's all in how you raise them I can let my kids outside ages 6, 5, and 3 and not worry about them getting hurt by my pits but I guarantee no one will come in my yard and try to take my kids b/c my female will back your a$$ back out the gate, if my kids scream or cry the dogs go nuts to see them to make sure they are ok. I would file a complaint on the police officer who shot him here is the Florida Law on Animal Cruelty I don't see why it shouldn't be used on a law enforcement officer....

828.12. Cruelty to animals

(1) A person who unnecessarily overloads, overdrives, torments, deprives of necessary sustenance or shelter, or unnecessarily mutilates, or kills any animal, or causes the same to be done, or carries in or upon any vehicle, or otherwise, any animal in a cruel or inhumane manner, is guilty of a misdemeanor of the first degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082 or by a fine of not more than $5,000, or both.

And what exactly are they doing serving warrants that early in the morning. I thought by law they could only serve them at any time for a felony warrant.

It's trigger happy people who give gun owners and good cops bad names, the same as these pits who get abused and beaten and then fight back when they know they are going to die or the ones who have been forced to fight and don't know anything but. It's the same as a Stud dog if he has been bred 3 or 4 times thats all he knows, that his first instinct...Male female it doesn't matter he knows what he has been trained to do and will try....believe me it's like the prison term you hear all the time F@$* or Fight Smiley once they learn who the boss is they stop and won't try again. Pits are really good natured and love their owners, are very loyal and protective. If people would look past the muscle and bad rap they would see what all good natured pits are like. Just an example of a TRUE pit..my daughter is 3 with 2 full blooded pits...they look soo mean don't they

* Aimee w BT.JPG (71.54 KB, 508x382 - viewed 258 times.)

blupits04
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2007, 06:56:25 PM »

This is one of our pups from our first litter he is 2yrs old and 85lbs... Looks Vicious don't he!

I'm sorry to hear about your pit it's always sad to hear about a dog getting shot especially for being their playful selves.

* Zues.jpg (54.84 KB, 600x449 - viewed 249 times.)

iluvmy250r

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2007, 07:08:00 PM »

if someone could tell me how to put up pitcures i will put on up of cheech another thing is that these cops have been outhere before and have never had a problem with my dogs and the cop that was out here with the one that shot my dog said that he go bit by a dotson and didn't shoot it and that they shot a rottie last week i was like so you killed him cause hes a pit right and he said no thats not why but i really don't believe that and as for cheech growling at the cop i asked if he barked or growled and neither cop wanted to answer that the cop that shot him cursed at us the hole time we where waiting on a supervisor I'm not saying all cops are bad but this one was a jerk and really didn't care what he had done to me or my family and another thing is my nephew is 1 year old and he would bite cheech and all he did was get up and walk away from the baby this dog was a big woose if they would have stomped there foot then he would have run the other way and these cops where told a while back that my boyfriends brother didn't live here so they knew that and i don't think the warrent is a felony i think its a misdemeanor
Ride1Rob
Supreme Member

YFZ 450!!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2007, 07:13:52 PM »

Having a bitbull is like being black. The cops are going to shoot first and ask questions later. Get a cracker dog. Wink

Now that's a good one Wink ! I agree with Chillin though, there are 2 sides to every story. One story says the dog lunged and the other says it was just running around playing. One thing for sure, if the dog was a threat the threat will be stopped. Law Enforcement officers aren't trained to shoot warning shots and it's not in the policy to do so. If you pull your gun and fire it, it's with every intention to stop a threat. Myself, I would have rather tased the dog. But detectives most times don't carry tasers. I'm sorry for your loss and hope the truth comes out in the investigation.

If it'll run... I'm ridin'!!!
CABLEGUY1
Supreme Member

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2007, 07:24:50 PM »

I was told by my neighbor "pinellas county sheriff" that the leash law does apply even if the dog was on your property unless he was in a fenced in yard. Had he been tied up or in a fenced in yard you could possibly pursue it but if not your out of luck.He said it would come down to the officers opinion as to whether he felf he was in jeopardy of being injured or not.Probably not what you want to hear.Sorry.
KB

« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2007, 07:47:04 PM »

Having raised and bred pits for 5 years I know the breed and I personally haven't had any problems.

It's trigger happy people who give gun owners and good cops bad names,

Ya,I think 1 shot woulda stung that dog so bad it woulda ran off w/ it's tail between it's leg's(maybe still be alive)

They shot a kid(16 yr. old) 4 time's this weekend not very far from there & none of his shot's were life threatining.
I think that deputy had no intention's but to kill that dog.
kawGIRL
is a Florida Mud Rider
Supreme Member

GOT GROG?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2007, 07:49:51 PM »

Sorry for your loss Cry

Hey BigDog maybe you should delete the address of the home  Huh

Shorgasm

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2007, 08:00:41 PM »

I'm not saying sh*t but here's what I read..

1..Cops come to serve a warrant for a FTA...whether the subject did or did not live is irrelavent to what happened.The deputy does not do the paperwork.He delivers and serves.They didn't exactly stop by to get the cat out of the tree.
2..Adult pit bull comes running..most are docile but the media proves otherwise.People are scared of them.Period.You personally know it's age but size is size and a 2-3 yr old Pitt is not a dauschound.
3..Pit gets shot and dies.No fixing that.Sorry for your lose.

Those are facts correct?...vague yes but anything else is biased opinion at this point.

The deputy could be totally trigger happy and it'll be obvious,for with this attention, they will investigate.

If you are 100% POSITIVE the dog was under the truck WHEN shot and did NOT lunge or act agressively towards the deputy at anytime then get your money together and fight the SO.They aren't OJ..they have a limit to what they will defend.

Cops foul up all the time but in the grand skeme of things they are taught the proper routes to defend themselves.

I'm still not saying you or your dog did anything remotely aggressive or un-called for but you are the dogs owner and your opinion is gonna favor your side.The cop could totally be in the wrong but this is starting to take on a witch hunt smell...which is entirely a different thing.There are crappy ass corrupt power trippin cops all over but you can't just say that is who this deputy is.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com