Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Everglades Ride for the HARD CORE ! Who's In ?  (Read 51082 times)
Thrumud
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2007, 04:53:10 PM »

By June this will be a serious hardcore ride. I'll be running it this weekend, if all goes well.

I'll post some pictures up.

Jack, you're planning on doing a pre-run ?   

brett711

www.??????.com

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2007, 10:42:04 PM »

where on the alley do you park, do you park at the boat ramp or is there a marker or something to know where you start?

2007 honda rancher
SWAMP_DONKEY

« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2007, 10:57:38 PM »

ohhhh yea. I am in ..if my knee is better....I have always wanted to put the King though the glades Wink
JackL
Supreme Member

A enemy generally says and believes what he wishes

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: May 19, 2007, 09:34:42 AM »

By June this will be a serious hardcore ride. I'll be running it this weekend, if all goes well.

I'll post some pictures up.

Jack, you're planning on doing a pre-run ?   

I was trying for this weekend, but it might not happen it looks like.

Yeah, it would be real nice to have a fresh GPS track through there when it is semi dry. Wink I predict it will be WET real soon.

Probably need full snorkels if this goes down in mid June. Ha, I'm thinking of running my 200s if it as deep as everyone around here thinks it will be this season....

The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can’t do.
Thrumud
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: May 19, 2007, 03:48:33 PM »

We have to do this ride before the rain comes. So come on guys .... How about Friday June 8th or Sat June 9th or Friday 15th or Sat June 16.

Need your input.  Jack, go do a pre-run for us before the official ride !

digginfool
Supreme Member

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: May 19, 2007, 04:33:02 PM »

You pick a date and let us know.  I want to ride.  I am really missing Holeylands right now.

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". --Thomas Jefferson

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves ... a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."
JackL
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: May 20, 2007, 07:22:30 AM »

We have to do this ride before the rain comes. So come on guys .... How about Friday June 8th or Sat June 9th or Friday 15th or Sat June 16.

Need your input.  Jack, go do a pre-run for us before the official ride !

I'm trying, believe me. Illegal26 is suppose to be riding it today, I don't think he knows about this thread, I will direct him over here for a live report tonight.

The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can’t do.
bocephus300

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: May 20, 2007, 02:14:47 PM »

ive been wanting to ride that area for a while now, but my buddys cant handle it.. ill go if the ride is aruond june 9th or the last weekend in june

2006 outlander 800
27 laws
2006 forman 500
26 laws
JackL
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: May 20, 2007, 10:58:17 PM »

Hey check it out:

http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php/topic,24691.0.html

I guess it is just fine right now. Perfect sounding in fact.

JackL
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: May 21, 2007, 08:13:52 AM »

Second report in isn't so nice!!! Hope to have some pictures later of the recovery effort!!!

Joedirt
Supreme Member

I am a FloridaMud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: May 21, 2007, 09:04:57 AM »

Sounds like a blast.....

2005 Vinson 4x4
2003 Big Bear 4x4
2001 Prarie 4x4
1987 Dirty Dakota Mud truck on 35 inch Boggers
JackL
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: May 21, 2007, 03:48:48 PM »

Well gentleman, this spot is just fine. Very nice indeed.

Provided it does not rain too much any 4x4 quad will have little if any problems, but
as you know, things can change real quick out there...

I am checking on the legality of a much better parking spot as well. Wink

IXIswamperIXI
Supreme Member

Rich men use dollars, Common folks use sense

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: May 22, 2007, 08:47:30 AM »

I was going to ask about parking and if you guys would mind if a small buggy went with yall, to be honest a am a little concerned about the parking.  But we shall see.

I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.
pelele

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: May 22, 2007, 09:08:58 PM »

Does anybody mind towing me arond on my sport bike?Huh?...

I would like to join you guys but i dont have a way how to get a ute....

Thrumud
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: May 22, 2007, 09:31:51 PM »

Sorry guys, been working like an animal but I'm back !  Well guys, sounds like Jack did a pre-run - looks good - LET'S DO IT !!!!!!!!!!!

Who's ready ? Rain or Shine !  Day or Night !  Let's do it before the rally

JUNE 9TH WHO'S IN HuhHuhHuhHuhHuh?

Thrumud
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: May 22, 2007, 09:35:21 PM »

Start early morning, we need to find a station point (parking area) bring GPS, 1 or more Flash lights, plenty of water, TRASH BAGS, Coolers with food, 2 way radios etc.  Pele, forget your sport bike-you can ride on the back of my 4x4 like a b!tch.

JackL
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: May 23, 2007, 02:23:58 AM »

I was going to ask about parking and if you guys would mind if a small buggy went with yall, to be honest a am a little concerned about the parking.  But we shall see.

Personally I would be happy to have a buggy with us. Also, parking will be no problem no matter how many come. Wink

No one should sweat the lack of a GPS either, you can see the cell tower on the alley for miles. Extra gas OTOH will be a good thing I suspect, and while flags are not necessary, it will make keeping track of the other riders so much easier. I like the two way radio idea, I'm going to dust off my FRS right now.
Anyone who feels they couldn't make it out of there alone should definitely have one, but cell phones work just fine out there so I guess that isn't that big of a deal. The BSO will be happy to guide you out with their helicopter in a pinch.

Flashlights, food and water....I hope everyone who runs these kind of places carries this stuff on every ride out anyway, it makes sleeping on your framed bike so much easier and enjoyable....haha

LONG straps and rope are nice to have here, above all else. Very little to hook a winch to out there in most places, and it can be hard to get close enough to pull someone out since most all the ground is mush.

We're trying to do a night run there Friday, if it does happen anyone is more than welcome to come and check it out. I'll post details later in the week when I know, and it could potentially go into Saturday morning.

« Last Edit: May 23, 2007, 10:11:46 AM by JackL » Logged

IXIswamperIXI
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: May 23, 2007, 11:20:40 AM »

If yall dont mind I will go and yall can winch and pull off of me (as long as dont get stuck LOL)

I have plenty of stuff to go all night lights, cell phone, gps, coolers, lots of tools, trash bags, food, about 100' of straps, clevises, 4 ton comealong, oil, fix a flat, air compressor, gas, ect. ,ect. LOL

oh yea is this going to camp or just ride into the night?

I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.
Thrumud
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: May 23, 2007, 11:48:00 AM »

Bring that buggy !    Grin

We plan to ride as far as we can, so be prepared if the ride goes into the night.

JackL
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: May 23, 2007, 12:18:04 PM »

Now alright, nice!! I want to ride up there with you and leave the bike home. Hahaha

If you do stick it, we will just have to hook all the quads together. That would make a great picture by itself. Wink

As for camping / riding, I have no idea what everyone is thinking, but I will ride until the last drop of fuel is burned or we make camp. Which ever comes first, on what ever date Thrumud posts.

Come one, come all!!

IXIswamperIXI
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: May 23, 2007, 12:29:20 PM »

LMAO.... the good thing is I only weigh about 3500lbs, that would be a good pic pulling me out.  And it has been done, I just take it easy and not bury myself. Dunno You got to know when to stop instead of being framed out.  I am geared up for those Bad Luck all nighters so I am ready.  Drive Do we need any permits?

JackL
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: May 23, 2007, 12:39:10 PM »

LMAO.... the good thing is I only weigh about 3500lbs, that would be a good pic pulling me out.  And it has been done, I just take it easy and not bury myself. Dunno You got to know when to stop instead of being framed out.  I am geared up for those Bad Luck all nighters so I am ready.  Drive Do we need any permits?

Awww, you had to go and mention Bad Luck. I sure wish we could do a hardcore ride there again.  Cry

Permits, we don't need no stinkin' permits, stickers or flags, but flags on the bikes is nice. Got some tall grass out there.

papahouse

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: May 23, 2007, 12:54:07 PM »

Do you think my Arctic Cat 250 4x4 will handle it? She runs hard and handles everything at L-Cross and Bamboo I call her my little tank. If you do I would like to go as well.
JackL
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: May 23, 2007, 02:00:13 PM »

Do you think my Arctic Cat 250 4x4 will handle it? She runs hard and handles everything at L-Cross and Bamboo I call her my little tank. If you do I would like to go as well.

I'm guessing it will be fine. People have been seen on 2x4's out there right now. The rain could change that quick though, but we do have a guy with a big bad buggy to save us if every ATV were to get framed at the same time. Smiley

I'm hoping to get some more time out there real soon and I will certainly post about it, good or bad. I would love to post some pictures, but nearly all of them show riders without helmets....

IXIswamperIXI
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: May 23, 2007, 07:28:22 PM »

I'm guessing it will be fine. People have been seen on 2x4's out there right now. The rain could change that quick though, but we do have a guy with a big bad buggy to save us if every ATV were to get framed at the same time. Smiley

I'm hoping to get some more time out there real soon and I will certainly post about it, good or bad. I would love to post some pictures, but nearly all of them show riders without helmets....

LOL I dont know about big bad but I will certainly be able to get yall out. Thumbs Up

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com