Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Everglades Ride for the HARD CORE ! Who's In ?  (Read 51079 times)
Anoriginal

« Reply #75 on: May 29, 2007, 01:36:46 PM »

Swamper-

I've been in that area with a BIG buggy in the past. Even when it's dry there are still bad areas with no bottom. Be careful out there if you decide to take your buggy.

Sounds like you guys are going to have a great time.
IXIswamperIXI
Supreme Member

Rich men use dollars, Common folks use sense

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: May 29, 2007, 01:57:22 PM »

Oh I will, if I am the only buggy I take it real easy.  I will probley just drive around and take some videos and pics of everyone.  See if I can get something incriminating and post it on here  Evil LOL I will be nice.  A friend of mine might go he is not sure if he can get off though... but if he goes... GAME ON  Drive We shall see.

I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.
JackL
Supreme Member

A enemy generally says and believes what he wishes

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: May 29, 2007, 02:57:20 PM »

Well me and the gang rode out there all weekend
some pretty dry stuff and some mud here and there.

If you got a big bike it can be hard or impossible to go in at the 35.7 mm
but with the water there at the level it is you need the bigger bike.

We went in at mm39 and just rode left side trails in morning and then the ones to the right after.

JackL what happened?

The beach happened. Wink I forgot my phone and just didn't care. haha

I've been noticing how dry it has been, and the pictures from macks shows this drought ain't over by a long shot. I was hoping the area took rain this weekend, but I guess not.
How far did you get? I was telling a guy who knows the area well my plan to reach 41 and he said it wasn't possible on a quad. I'd say it will be soon if it isn't already now.

Did you check and see how deep the boat ramp is at 35? I bet you can ride right in there with almost anything. It can't be very deep.

The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can’t do.
IXIswamperIXI
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: May 29, 2007, 03:29:00 PM »

LOL I probley could but if there was just one hole I could fall off into... my luck I would, and that would suck to start the weekend off that way.  I really can only go in about 4 to 5 feet of water and 5' is really pushing it.

This would be a good example of a 4' mud hole LMAO and my luck  Bang Head

I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.
JackL
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: May 29, 2007, 04:07:22 PM »

LOL I probley could but if there was just one hole I could fall off into... my luck I would, and that would suck to start the weekend off that way.  I really can only go in about 4 to 5 feet of water and 5' is really pushing it.

This would be a good example of a 4' mud hole LMAO and my luck  Bang Head

Haha, I know how that works!!! Good looking buggy, even sunk. haha

No way that is five feet deep there. It is also hard bottom. Wink

If i get a chance I will be going soon and I will ride the little quad down it if it isn't too deep...after I walk it. I have been known to be real wrong about how deep the water is....hahaha.

If the rain doesn't start soon, it isn't going to be an issue.

The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can’t do.
IXIswamperIXI
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: May 29, 2007, 04:30:35 PM »

thanks... we know how it is LOL.  Oh yea I will stop way before it gets that bad (like the pic)

JackL
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: May 29, 2007, 05:34:04 PM »

This is another possible path (Note Based on the 2006-07 FWC Regulation Summary & Area Map booklet) this path is outside of the Big Cypress. We must at all times remain on State Land. This path is an estimate from the bridge before the Snake Rd Station (If headed West). We can park under the bridge, there are visible trails on google earth. This ride is from I-75 to a boat ramp on 41. What do you guys think ?

This looks good to me. I would really like to make it to 41. I am going to fire up Google earth and look closer at your route.

What time are we starting?

IXIswamperIXI
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: May 31, 2007, 03:32:34 PM »

Looks like we might be getting some rain this weekend.  Should make things interesting.  Thumbs Up Its one of those things where you want it to rain but not too much LOL Do we have a time yet? I didnt know if early morning, late morning, or what?

JackL
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: May 31, 2007, 05:37:51 PM »

Looks like we might be getting some rain this weekend.  Should make things interesting.  Thumbs Up Its one of those things where you want it to rain but not too much LOL Do we have a time yet? I didnt know if early morning, late morning, or what?

We need 60"+ to get where we need to be. I don't care if it rains from tomorrow all the way to the 9th, it will be ok I believe. Worse case if that happened is we enter the Holeylands from the alley. Wink

IXIswamperIXI
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: May 31, 2007, 06:21:25 PM »

I will start packing this weekend in between the rain.

JackL
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: May 31, 2007, 08:00:01 PM »

90% chance for tomorrow. I assume that means it will be a great beach day.  Cool

IXIswamperIXI
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: May 31, 2007, 08:25:38 PM »

I am trying to figure out weither or not to bring a small grill and small table and what to bring to eat... how much trouble it will be to pack all that

JackL
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: May 31, 2007, 11:10:57 PM »

I am trying to figure out weither or not to bring a small grill and small table and what to bring to eat... how much trouble it will be to pack all that

I like the way you think! ...and here I was just going to bring a few Publix ultimate subs. Wink

Looks like we might just see some FAT rain!!! Might just be hardcore after all!!

Thrumud
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: June 01, 2007, 12:55:50 AM »

Oh,oh ... Rain is coming - more rain - more mud !

IXIswamperIXI
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: June 01, 2007, 08:37:47 AM »

It is a little easier to bring stuff on a buggy than a ATV otherwise it would be a liquid diet LOL

JackL
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: June 01, 2007, 05:53:28 PM »

It is a little easier to bring stuff on a buggy than a ATV otherwise it would be a liquid diet LOL

Took 1.5" so far today....and it's picking up  Cool

illegal26

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: June 01, 2007, 09:29:48 PM »

its raining and the mud is growing God is good
brett711

www.??????.com

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: June 02, 2007, 06:07:37 AM »

im going ou there tonight with rain gear, ill give you report tommorow

2007 honda rancher
JackL
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: June 02, 2007, 07:50:12 AM »

im going ou there tonight with rain gear, ill give you report tommorow

Looks like my Keys weekend is shot. What time you going?

EDIT: Never mind. See you guys Monday.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2007, 11:00:05 AM by JackL » Logged

brett711

www.??????.com

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: June 04, 2007, 07:08:00 AM »

the ride out there is nice and muddy.. very wet and soupy. this ride will defintly be a hardcore ride. bring an airboat with you

2007 honda rancher
pelele

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: June 04, 2007, 07:40:46 AM »

i guess im not going now....

JackL
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: June 04, 2007, 02:29:31 PM »

Listen gents, this rain ain't gonna do anything but make the sawgrass green. I'd bet it is absorbed already. Illegal rode it Sunday with no problems. Wink

BTW: Gonna hit it WED night if anyone wants to pre run it.  Cool
« Last Edit: June 04, 2007, 04:04:44 PM by JackL » Logged

IXIswamperIXI
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: June 04, 2007, 03:15:38 PM »

I am going to start getting ready when I get home tonight, I am ready to ride, I have to check all my tools, parts, ect. ect. and then packing :-)

illegal26

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: June 04, 2007, 10:00:09 PM »

Listen gents, this rain ain't gonna do anything but make the sawgrass green. I'd bet it is absorbed already. Illegal rode it Sunday with no problems. Wink

BTW: Gonna hit it WED night if anyone wants to pre run it.  Cool

Well I rode it Saturday nite and it was wet the entire area was flooded with about a steady 6"- 12" of standing water and natuarlly alot deeper depending on were you ride and some spots are downright nasty.

I have to say if it stays like this or worsens it ill strictly be a 4x4 ride  NO sport bikes as they wont even make it across the canal
last week befor the rain at 39 there was a good 20' of bare dirt to walk across the canal now or Saturday there was no bare area of the canal and its shallow point was about 18" id say.

digginfool
Supreme Member

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: June 04, 2007, 10:09:52 PM »

The boy says he wants to go so I think I'm going to take the wheels off the Prairie and put them on the Outlander.  I heard they are the same pattern.  If not, I'll just take the Prairie.  Dennis!  Hey, bud, what time?!?!?!

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". --Thomas Jefferson

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves ... a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com