Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: What to do, what to do...
Camaro - 0 (0%)
Superduty - 2 (28.6%)
Old School Ford - 3 (42.9%)
Bus Pass - 2 (28.6%)
Total Voters: 7

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A Vehicle  (Read 22505 times)
sykolincoln
Supreme Member

save money on tires! ride a trike!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: May 12, 2007, 10:18:07 PM »

Bang Head Bang Head Bang Head Bang Head Bang Head Are you listening to any of these people?

I was woundering the same thing........ Huh

3 wheelers are like parapalegic girls....you know you want to ride it!

www.3wheelerworldforums.com

www.sponsorhouse.com/Members/SOUTHGACUSTOMS
LakeMaryKid
Supreme Member

Just a good ole' boy never meanin no harm.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: May 13, 2007, 12:23:04 AM »

Hmmm lets see maybe you will take it from somebody who has been where you are in the past year and is where you will be in a year. Im 16, 17 in August. I own a 1994 F150 that i bought for 4350 tax tag and title. It gets 11 miles per gallon. I bought the truck when i was 15 after working my but off for a year and paid cash on the spot. You talk about one hell of a feeling. What is even better is when kids talk about their expensive cars that mommy and daddy bought and try to open their mouth about your "old truck" is you say "i bought it with my own money" silence is heard and then your now king. There is one thing that will gain you lots of respect with people in general and that is paying for your own things. Id say start off small and "graduate" to bigger. Right now my insurance is 190 a month plus i go out every weekend plus gas. I had to have a front inner u joint replaced last month which was 444.00 dollars plus i had a wiring problem a few months back which was 200 bucks. The list goes on. Right there is easily over 1000 dollars i had to spend in one month. You do not want to start out with the burden of payments. Insurance payments are already a big enough burden. Coming up i will have to replace my front wheel bearings along with a new clutch. There is another 400 bucks in parts. I have to do an oil change tomorrow. There is another 25 dollars. It all adds up and VERY FAST. You will also want to mod whatever vehicle you have. Me haha i have spend so much in mods its not funny. I have had the exhaust done 3 times which was about 500 dollars. 2000 dolllars for my lift. I just bought a line of fire today. In the past i have bought: seat covers, toolbox, cb, cb antenna, floor mats, cd player. Thats a lot of money right there too! Start out with something that is paid for. When i was like you i too wanted a superduty. But i wasn't given the offer of a co signer nor would i want it. So then i had a reality check and looked for something I could afford. When you pay for something you will take much better care of it than if it were given to you. I have some of those "spoiled kids" as friends. One drives an 04 King Ranch Crew Cab F250 Superduty with a 12 inch lift 40 inch ATZ's 3000 dollar stereo or more, train horns you name it is on there. What he wants he is given. The truck is FALLING APART! He doesnt spend a day washing it like me, he doesnt baby it like i do. And it shows as everybody around school knows me for having the nice big truck yet his is just the big truck. I have had this truck for almost a year now coming up in a few weeks. It is time i want a new truck. But im not going to sell this truck nor get a loan. I am going to save until i can afford myself a diesel superduty which will hopefully be by the end of summer. Get your self a few thousand dollar truck and gradually make it the way you want. Your learning right now even though you say you arent.

Im done rambling.
-Curtis-

2003 KFX 400
1994 F-150 - 12" SAS 38.5 Boggers
2007 F-150 Supercrew FX4 Luxury
2004 14' Mirrocraft
Toomey
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: May 13, 2007, 01:39:01 AM »

I'm gonna have to agree with the majority.  I bought a $7,000 Ford Ranger with a four cylinder, and it is small and wimpy, but it get's awesome gas mileage.  I put $3000 down, and am going to start paying off the other $3000.  It's easy to throw numbers around in your head and think everything is going to fall right into place, but when it comes to it, those payments start looking really big.  Just get a $5000 truck/car, and get something nice after college.  If you jump the gun here, you'll pay for it, literally, for the next bunch of years.

Looking for a junker dirt bike project.
Young Gun
Supreme Member

Murray Enterprises

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: May 13, 2007, 11:52:12 AM »

@ LakeMarykid, I see your point.  Anything that I buy I baby like there is no tomorrow, but if someone buys me something I just dont care for it AS much.  See I wouldnt mind a truck like yours, its a nice looking truck.  Old school Fords I love, but I dont want a newer F150 or Ranger because they are just made of plastic do-dads and arent as tough as the older F150s.  I want something where you pop the hood, you see an engine... not a bunch of plastic crap with lettering on it.  My dad had a truck like yours and the odometer has rolled twice and after we sold it we still see it driving around, shows how tough old school fords are.  When you sell your truck at the end of summer PM me, I guess Ill wait and see how much I make this summer.  I dont need a vehicle urgently since I dont get my license until the end of summer.  I just wanted one to have and fix up moreso.

2008 KFX450R
Full DASA Exhaust, FCI, Dynojet PC5, Hiper CF1 Beadlocks, ITP GNCC Holeshots, IMS Roll Bumper, ProArmor FAT Peg Nerfbars, Red Radiator hoses, Engine ICE Coolant, Spider Grips, Blingster Rear Grab Bar

2004 TRX450R
Too much to list...
06 BaNsHeE
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: May 13, 2007, 12:24:21 PM »

I havent read this whole thread.But Right now Im currently going to get a f-250 harley davidson(2006) or a f-250 king ranch(2006).There both really bad ass trucks.But IM leaning toward the harley davidson right now and I think thats going to be my truck.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2007, 12:32:46 PM by 06 BaNsHeE » Logged
Young Gun
Supreme Member

Murray Enterprises

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: May 13, 2007, 12:28:34 PM »

that guy sucks at driving and his car is slow, just sounds fast

right.....

2008 KFX450R
Full DASA Exhaust, FCI, Dynojet PC5, Hiper CF1 Beadlocks, ITP GNCC Holeshots, IMS Roll Bumper, ProArmor FAT Peg Nerfbars, Red Radiator hoses, Engine ICE Coolant, Spider Grips, Blingster Rear Grab Bar

2004 TRX450R
Too much to list...
Young Gun
Supreme Member

Murray Enterprises

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: May 13, 2007, 12:58:56 PM »

and you disagree?

you must know alot about fast cars from watching them all day long on your computer, and looking at 50k trucks that your mommy is gunna buy you  Rolling on the Floor Laughing   your 15 bro, get that subaru wagon in the for sale section

Yes, why?  I'm 16 and im not your "bro".  I wouldnt be surprised if I knew more about cars than you.  I have been teaching myself about cars since I was in .. I'd say... 5th grade.  I grew up playing with Hotwheels, building model cars and going to the Gainesville Raceway with my uncle on the weekends.  I am obsessed with cars, especially American Muscle such as the Camaro and Mustang.  I know cars inside and out, probably one of the few younger people that actually do, and dont just claim to.  A good friend of my dads, who is a retired Chevy mechanic of 35 years, said that he has never seen a person of my age have such extensive knowledge in cars.  Knowing you, being the only "adult" on this website that has the maturity of a 13yr old, will reply saying stuff about how im so young, how theres no way I know more than yourself, your in your twenties and your the guru of cars Roll Eyes

2008 KFX450R

2004 TRX450R
Too much to list...
Young Gun
Supreme Member

Murray Enterprises

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: May 13, 2007, 12:59:30 PM »

Im locking this thread.  Ive decided to just buy a truck like LakeMaryKid and progress upwards from there.

2008 KFX450R

2004 TRX450R
Too much to list...
Ida_Mann
Supreme Member

Location: There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.

I own and wear a purple sombrero

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: May 13, 2007, 01:10:27 PM »

I'm glad you have taken that road, LMK is wise in the ways of getting something he wants the right way, and working for it.

I am a bit disappointed that you didn't give JohnF the time to respond to your rant though.

Id@

Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."
Young Gun
Supreme Member

Murray Enterprises

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: May 13, 2007, 02:14:28 PM »

I am a bit disappointed that you didn't give JohnF the time to respond to your rant though.

Id@

Have you seen his responses?  Hes a little kid that hasnt grown up yet, probably 75% of his posts have to do with talking down to people or stating that hes smarter Wacko  But ok, I'll unlock it. 
« Last Edit: May 13, 2007, 02:23:00 PM by Rebel » Logged

2008 KFX450R

2004 TRX450R
Too much to list...
paintballn13

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: May 13, 2007, 02:29:32 PM »

This is LakeMaryKid on a friends screen name. Rebel, i wont be selling the truck. Im going to be getting a Superduty along with keeping my truck. Start small and progress dude. Thanks for the props Nathan.

-Curtis-
Young Gun
Supreme Member

Murray Enterprises

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: May 13, 2007, 02:40:20 PM »

This is LakeMaryKid on a friends screen name. Rebel, i wont be selling the truck. Im going to be getting a Superduty along with keeping my truck. Start small and progress dude. Thanks for the props Nathan.

-Curtis-

Your going to have both?  I thought your current truck was more than enough, money wise.  Goodluck with that though, hopefully I can do the same.  Your almost 17 you said?

2008 KFX450R

2004 TRX450R
Too much to list...
ppark350se
Supreme Member

hustle muscle

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: May 13, 2007, 02:51:19 PM »

that camaro is louder than it is fast. probably a 14.5sec car not very fast.

It is nice though but will just get you in trouble.

get a 3k mustang like my buddy did and take it to the track to run 12s on sh*t tires and a bad tranny

Im glad that you decided to get a cheaper truck like LMKs which is sweet. Youll be alot happier with money to spend on the weekends or on a GF(gotta have one). good luck with whatever you get and hope you dont regret it.

And Btw you may know how to work on cars but it doesnt mean a thing till you have a peice of paper that says you do.

And if you dont mind a little test
Dont use google

1)Whats a torque wrench?(god i hope you know)
2)Whats the diffrence between an Interference engine and a non-interference engine ?
3)Whats a Plastiegauge?

short and sweet kinda techie If you can answer these with out google or books then you have the ability to be a good mech.

rubicon500kid
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: May 13, 2007, 03:13:13 PM »

my 1st truck was my 500 $ bronco then i got a s10 now for 800$   if i was you i wouldnt take out a loan  just buy a cheap ride and drive it
your going to reck a bunch of times so you dont need any thing nice also your going to need $ for gas and every thing else

what year camaro are you looking at ?

i got a 69 camaro  im trying to finsh up might be looking to sell it when im done
but it only gets like 5 mpg lol

DROP & DESTROY
87 s10 2/3 soon to be bagged
85 honda 110 atc(22" bearclaws & snorkeld)
01 kx 125 (pc pipe,tag bar's,pro racing rear rim,some lil other stuff
I hate it when you microwave something, then you start eating it, and it's cold in the middle...makes me wanna punch a
JackL
Supreme Member

A enemy generally says and believes what he wishes

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: May 13, 2007, 03:17:12 PM »

I havent read this whole thread.But Right now Im currently going to get a f-250 harley davidson(2006) or a f-250 king ranch(2006).There both really bad ass trucks.But IM leaning toward the harley davidson right now and I think thats going to be my truck.

You won't want to leave that parked out by Krome & Macs.  Wink

The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can’t do.
Young Gun
Supreme Member

Murray Enterprises

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: May 13, 2007, 03:18:07 PM »

get a 3k mustang like my buddy did and take it to the track to run 12s on sh*t tires and a bad tranny

Im glad that you decided to get a cheaper truck like LMKs which is sweet. Youll be alot happier with money to spend on the weekends or on a GF(gotta have one). good luck with whatever you get and hope you dont regret it.

And Btw you may know how to work on cars but it doesnt mean a thing till you have a peice of paper that says you do.

Dont use google

2)Whats the diffrence between an Interference engine and a non-interference engine ?
3)Whats a Plastiegauge?

short and sweet kinda techie If you can answer these with out google or books then you have the ability to be a good mech.

I like the sound of it, the Camaro I want has a loudmouth that sounds like sh*t.  Yeah, when I thought about it I remembered I wanted to get a truck to offroad in also and LMK's truck is perfect.  I might just get an old school Ford if I can find one in as good condition as his.  I plan on going to UTI which will be easy since I know a decent amount, I just need to be brushed up on electronics.  A TW is a wrench that allows you to tighten a nut/bolt to a force you want it at or required.  The BASIC difference between the two engines is on a interference engine if the timing belt breaks, the piston and valves get damaged due to lack of room, but a non-interference engine is the opposite.  A Plastigauge is a clearance gauge.

2008 KFX450R

2004 TRX450R
Too much to list...
JackL
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: May 13, 2007, 03:18:43 PM »

and you disagree?

you must know alot about fast cars from watching them all day long on your computer, and looking at 50k trucks that your mommy is gunna buy you  Rolling on the Floor Laughing   your 15 bro, get that subaru wagon in the for sale section

Maybe I was wrong about you.

The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can’t do.
Young Gun
Supreme Member

Murray Enterprises

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: May 13, 2007, 03:22:07 PM »

http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php/topic,24144.0.html

I know its a good car because ive seen it upclose and seen it performance first-hand.  Its just a little under 400HP and its gets around 10MPG?

2008 KFX450R

2004 TRX450R
Too much to list...
KB

« Reply #68 on: May 13, 2007, 03:28:33 PM »

my 1st truck was my 500 $ bronco then i got a s10 now for 800$   if i was you i wouldnt take out a loan  just buy a cheap ride and drive it
your going to reck a bunch of times so you dont need any thing nice also your going to need $ for gas and every thing else

I can agree with that, I totalled my first 3 trucks/car.
I would say get you a big ol whoopdee(like a cadillac/badillac) but gotta think about gas, bit at the same time you want something safe too so I'd be worried about a compact.

Whatever you get just be careful, & don't care what anyone else think's about what your driving, after H.S. you'll hardly see any body from there anyway.
ppark350se
Supreme Member

hustle muscle

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: May 13, 2007, 03:33:24 PM »

Dont use google

3)Whats a Plastiegauge?

I like the sound of it, the Camaro I want has a loudmouth that sounds like sh*t.  Yeah, when I thought about it I remembered I wanted to get a truck to offroad in also and LMK's truck is perfect.  I might just get an old school Ford if I can find one in as good condition as his.  I plan on going to UTI which will be easy since I know a decent amount, I just need to be brushed up on electronics.  A TW is a wrench that allows you to tighten a nut/bolt to a force you want it at or required.  The BASIC difference between the two engines is on a interference engine if the timing belt breaks, the piston and valves get damaged due to lack of room, but a non-interference engine is the opposite.  A Plastigauge is a clearance gauge.

Thats good that you were able to answer those. and only you will know if you didnt use google.
you were right on everything and that is the only diffrence just that you bend valves when you break a belt or chain while running.

UTI is overpriced in my book, and woulnt get you anyfarther then ptec. I consider myself very skilled with cars and bikes and boats basicly anything that has an engine. onlything ive never worked on before is a rotary. Ive been working on cars since i was 9or10 all basicly self taught when i whent and did my shadow at ptec i knew more then the new teacher. If you know what your doing you can go as far as you want an make as much money as you want.

Man i feel old i should act my age sometimes. I geuss thats what i get for learning lifes lessons pretty early.

and heres a link or two to threads on my current rebuild of my bike that im doing with my friend, who owns the mustang.

that has most of the stuff in it. Ive done all the visual stuff too it.
http://forums.ninja250.org/viewtopic.php?t=53258&highlight=

shows the front signals before paint. and also has a link to a vid of the rear tail mod i did.
http://forums.ninja250.org/viewtopic.php?t=52036&highlight=

Young Gun
Supreme Member

Murray Enterprises

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: May 13, 2007, 03:47:09 PM »

UTI is overpriced in my book, and woulnt get you anyfarther then ptec. I consider myself very skilled with cars and bikes and boats basicly anything that has an engine. onlything ive never worked on before is a rotary. Ive been working on cars since i was 9or10 all basicly self taught when i whent and did my shadow at ptec i knew more then the new teacher. If you know what your doing you can go as far as you want an make as much money as you want.

Ive researched it and its one of the bigger names.  Plus I want to move to Orlando for awhile and thats right where a campus is.  Im the same way, no one in my family is into cars except my uncle and he taught me some.  I taught myself more though by taking stuff apart.  Boats im good at to because I live on the water and our boat always breaks down Roll Eyes.  One day I hope to open a performance shop toward the Ft. Lauderdale/Miami area. 

2008 KFX450R

2004 TRX450R
Too much to list...
ppark350se
Supreme Member

hustle muscle

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: May 13, 2007, 03:54:32 PM »

Ive researched it and its one of the bigger names.  Plus I want to move to Orlando for awhile and thats right where a campus is.  Im the same way, no one in my family is into cars except my uncle and he taught me some.  I taught myself more though by taking stuff apart.  Boats im good at to because I live on the water and our boat always breaks down Roll Eyes.  One day I hope to open a performance shop toward the Ft. Lauderdale/Miami area. 

Never ownd a boat. Just learned to convert my knowledge and work with it. My grandfather ownd a full service gas station before i was born other then that my bros friends hondas are as close as i got to someone teaching me.

Opening a shop is hard but if you take care of the customers they will tell people and get you more. Its hard to find good shops anymore.
Plus its expensive to open a shop.  when i open mine it will be a good 200k in machines alone like mill lathe cnc lifts all the stuff you need to make one off stuff and also normal work. Dyno gotta have one of them. Stuff adds up its not cheap.

I also plan to go to school to be an engineer. always had a thing for making stuff. Mechincle engeer or structral engineer maybe both.

JackL
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: May 13, 2007, 04:00:49 PM »

i got a 69 camaro  im trying to finsh up might be looking to sell it when im done
but it only gets like 5 mpg lol

Finally, the voice of reason. I have to say, Rebel if you know half as much about mechanics as you claimed above, you will be happiest taking rubicon500kid's advice. Working on your ride is half the fun at that age...it was for me anyway, not to mention if you start another truck thread I am going to slit my wrists.

Anyone got an ATV story to tell?

Young Gun
Supreme Member

Murray Enterprises

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: May 13, 2007, 04:07:41 PM »

Finally, the voice of reason. I have to say, Rebel if you know half as much about mechanics as you claimed above, you will be happiest taking rubicon500kid's advice. Working on your ride is half the fun at that age...it was for me anyway, not to mention if you start another truck thread I am going to slit my wrists.

Lol, yeah working on older vehicles is fun.  I decided I want an older Ford truck like LMK.  I was looking on craigslist and found one identical to it, except stock.  Found out it wasnt a 4x4, and I need/want that.  This forum isnt just for ATV talk, Open Discussion means something. 

2008 KFX450R

2004 TRX450R
Too much to list...
JackL
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: May 13, 2007, 04:12:02 PM »

Lol, yeah working on older vehicles is fun.  I decided I want an older Ford truck like LMK.  I was looking on craigslist and found one identical to it, except stock.  Found out it wasnt a 4x4, and I need/want that.  This forum isnt just for ATV talk, Open Discussion means something. 

LOL, at least you have a sense of humor. I never found anything worth buying in the auto trader or craigslist, all the gems are on the side of the road with a sign, sometimes you need to bang on the door if you see something you like.

Good luck, your first vehicle is always the one you will remember. Don't kill yourself in it. Wink

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com