Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: What to do, what to do...
Camaro - 0 (0%)
Superduty - 2 (28.6%)
Old School Ford - 3 (42.9%)
Bus Pass - 2 (28.6%)
Total Voters: 7

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A Vehicle  (Read 22548 times)
Young Gun
Supreme Member

Murray Enterprises

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« on: May 11, 2007, 08:48:34 PM »

Well next year im going to be driving to school.  One problem, I need something to drive!  All my life I have admired the Superduty trucks in all there glory but I have seemed to stray towards american sports cars now a days.  Now I'm back wanting a big truck... but at the same time I want a sports car.  What do you think I should do... get a medium sized sports car like a Camaro that gets 10MPG OR a Large and in charge Superduty truck that gets a good 18-20MPG.  Now my parents agreed to co-sign on a loan for me if I got good grades at the end of the year, and youll be happy to know nothing is below a B with 12 days of school left Cool.  They did not set a limit for the loan but I know not to go absolutely crazy with power.  I got a quote for a 30k loan at around 400/month with my parents credit history.  Only badside to that is I estimate that will be paid off when im in my mid 20's Shocked.  Now the 30k loan would be if I got a Superduty.  Now If I got the used Camaro I want it would be a 20k or less loan which would be less weight to hold on my shoulders. 

2008 KFX450R
Full DASA Exhaust, FCI, Dynojet PC5, Hiper CF1 Beadlocks, ITP GNCC Holeshots, IMS Roll Bumper, ProArmor FAT Peg Nerfbars, Red Radiator hoses, Engine ICE Coolant, Spider Grips, Blingster Rear Grab Bar

2004 TRX450R
Too much to list...
Young Gun
Supreme Member

Murray Enterprises

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2007, 08:50:37 PM »

Make sure to vote, I need opinions. 

2008 KFX450R
Full DASA Exhaust, FCI, Dynojet PC5, Hiper CF1 Beadlocks, ITP GNCC Holeshots, IMS Roll Bumper, ProArmor FAT Peg Nerfbars, Red Radiator hoses, Engine ICE Coolant, Spider Grips, Blingster Rear Grab Bar

2004 TRX450R
Too much to list...
Ida_Mann
Supreme Member

Location: There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.

I own and wear a purple sombrero

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2007, 08:59:28 PM »

dude, get something so cheap you are almost embarassed to drive it,,,,,my first car was a 1974 Malibu/Chevelle. yeah, it had a ton of power with the 350 in it, yeah it got about 6MPG, yeah it smoked worse than one of the large smoke bombs when it started,,,,but it was mine and I fully paid for it with $350 of my own money that I didn't have to borrow from anyone.

by the way, it didn't look all that great either,,,,but it carried me back and forth to school and work,,,,,and many skip days to Rock Springs ;-)

I think that having a payment for a vehicle in high school, especially that high is just insane and asking for trouble.

There were times I had trouble making a $132 payment on my third car when I got out of high school,,,,,actually had a time that I had to park it at the next apartment complex because the repo man was coming for it,,,,even came knocking on my door once with a tow-truck.

but that's just me,,,,,don't take just my opinion.

Id@

Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."
sykolincoln
Supreme Member

save money on tires! ride a trike!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2007, 09:25:48 PM »

man you can get a sweet used super duty for under 20grand, when I turned 16 my parents said they would pay for me a car up to 20g if I got a job and paid for my insurance and had good grades, well...I sold my quad took that money and bought me my own car, now ive owned 45+ vehicles since then. think modest my freind spend 15 on a nice truck and another 5 on a cheap mileage maker, now thats thinking.

3 wheelers are like parapalegic girls....you know you want to ride it!

www.3wheelerworldforums.com

www.sponsorhouse.com/Members/SOUTHGACUSTOMS
Young Gun
Supreme Member

Murray Enterprises

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2007, 10:00:46 PM »

man you can get a sweet used super duty for under 20grand, when I turned 16 my parents said they would pay for me a car up to 20g if I got a job and paid for my insurance and had good grades, well...I sold my quad took that money and bought me my own car, now ive owned 45+ vehicles since then. think modest my freind spend 15 on a nice truck and another 5 on a cheap mileage maker, now thats thinking.

Define sweet lol.  Do you mean an older one such as 1999 or a newer 03+.  The truck I have my eye on is a 06 I think.  Guy down the street has one and I have a feeling its going up forsale soon.  Its a F-250 Amarillo 4x4.  It has a mild 3" lift (my guess), Chrome rims, and Nitto tires.  Its an aggresive looking truck and is exactly what im looking for.  But I guess I can find an older Superduty and mod it to look like an 06+.  Wheres Swamp Donkey when you need him Cheesy

2008 KFX450R

2004 TRX450R
Too much to list...
Young Gun
Supreme Member

Murray Enterprises

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2007, 10:09:30 PM »

dude, get something so cheap you are almost embarassed to drive it,,,,,my first car was a 1974 Malibu/Chevelle. yeah, it had a ton of power with the 350 in it, yeah it got about 6MPG, yeah it smoked worse than one of the large smoke bombs when it started,,,,but it was mine and I fully paid for it with $350 of my own money that I didn't have to borrow from anyone.

by the way, it didn't look all that great either,,,,but it carried me back and forth to school and work,,,,,and many skip days to Rock Springs ;-)

I think that having a payment for a vehicle in high school, especially that high is just insane and asking for trouble.

There were times I had trouble making a $132 payment on my third car when I got out of high school,,,,,actually had a time that I had to park it at the next apartment complex because the repo man was coming for it,,,,even came knocking on my door once with a tow-truck.

but that's just me,,,,,don't take just my opinion.

Id@

I know where your coming from, but I want to prove to my parents I can handle it without aid from them.  Yeah they are getting me the loan basically but they will have nothing to do with the payments or any other maintenance costs.  The whole reason I want to do this myself is because they bought my sister her first car.  All they do is threaten to take the car away and yell at her.  If I do this myself they cant say that.

2008 KFX450R

2004 TRX450R
Too much to list...
Young Gun
Supreme Member

Murray Enterprises

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2007, 10:26:17 PM »

Now this is a truck I like for WAY under the price.  Even to have it hauled to FL it wouldnt cost more than 1500.00.  Now if I found a deal like that in FL I could get both cars.  It does have alot of miles but I can have my dads friend rebuild the motor and tranny.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2001-Ford-F250-Superduty-Crew-Cab-SB-Powerstroke-CA_W0QQitemZ190111665983QQihZ009QQcategoryZ39415QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

2008 KFX450R

2004 TRX450R
Too much to list...
SWAMP_DONKEY

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2007, 10:32:39 PM »

200k miles...is a bad place to start man. 7.3's will go way beyond that is serviced from day one properly, try to find one with 100k or so...I will find you the right truck and take care of you in the price...with grades like that you deserve to have a good truck @ a great price. Congrats..I'm on it!! Wink
Young Gun
Supreme Member

Murray Enterprises

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2007, 10:39:36 PM »

200k miles...is a bad place to start man. 7.3's will go way beyond that is serviced from day one properly, try to find one with 100k or so...I will find you the right truck and take care of you in the price...with grades like that you deserve to have a good truck @ a great price. Congrats..I'm on it!! Wink

When I look at the truck more, the more I dislike it lol.  I dont know why but there is something about the new 06's that I like.  I think they are less tall and the hood length is shorter.  Im not sure but I think the 04's+ are the same way.  Yeah im happy with my grades, I eeked my way through my freshmen year and half of this year, and im talkin some F's Sad.  Amazing what a Superduty can do to ya, I plan to keep them up to Tongue.   Heres a pic of a 03 that I like, except for the grill, I like the new chrome flat ones.  It has a nice mild lift yet still aggressive.

2008 KFX450R

2004 TRX450R
Too much to list...
Bigscrb15
Supreme Member

I'm a Florida Mud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2007, 10:42:21 PM »

99-06 are all the same size other than the 05+ has the taller grill and 1piece headlights.

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
Young Gun
Supreme Member

Murray Enterprises

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2007, 10:49:59 PM »

99-06 are all the same size other than the 05+ has the taller grill and 1piece headlights.

They are?  I dont know why but the newer trucks look smaller in the front.  There has to be some re-design issue going on or am I loosing it at the age of 16? lol.  The one piece headlights I like alot to.  Do they sell kits to mod an older Superduty grill/lights to make it look like a newer one? 

2008 KFX450R

2004 TRX450R
Too much to list...
Bigscrb15
Supreme Member

I'm a Florida Mud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2007, 11:09:27 PM »

They are?  I dont know why but the newer trucks look smaller in the front.  There has to be some re-design issue going on or am I loosing it at the age of 16? lol.  The one piece headlights I like alot to.  Do they sell kits to mod an older Superduty grill/lights to make it look like a newer one? 

yes, they sell kits

of course the 05+ trucks also have a different dash. i didnt mention that in my other thread

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
Prairie Master

internationaloffroad.com

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2007, 11:11:57 PM »

[[/quote]
I know where your coming from, but I want to prove to my parents I can handle it without aid from them.  [/quote]

Then save money get a loan yourself and buy something cheaper / You'll take much more pride in something you bought all by yourself.

02 Prairie 650
04 Ozark 250
05 Rancher 350
06 Polaris 50 
01 KTM 380
04 Gear Box
03 F350
05 Magnum
76 wife
Young Gun
Supreme Member

Murray Enterprises

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2007, 11:15:37 PM »

yes, they sell kits

of course the 05+ trucks also have a different dash. i didnt mention that in my other thread

Ok good, thats the first thing I would do.  Interior I dont really care for, as long as its clean and tear free.

2008 KFX450R

2004 TRX450R
Too much to list...
sykolincoln
Supreme Member

save money on tires! ride a trike!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2007, 11:15:58 PM »

[
I know where your coming from, but I want to prove to my parents I can handle it without aid from them.  [/quote]

Then save money get a loan yourself and buy something cheaper / You'll take much more pride in something you bought all by yourself.
[/quote]

thats the truth. I had a 99 super duty and sold it in favor of a f-150

3 wheelers are like parapalegic girls....you know you want to ride it!

www.3wheelerworldforums.com

www.sponsorhouse.com/Members/SOUTHGACUSTOMS
Young Gun
Supreme Member

Murray Enterprises

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2007, 11:20:08 PM »

I cant get a loan without my parents help.  No credit history... im only 16.  I might be able to get a simple loan of maybe 5k BUT I always told myself the first year im driving I will have a Superduty.  I want to stick with that goal Smiley.  What im thinking is get the truck first, because it would be the daily driver.  Then do what your saying and I will put away any extra money towards a new loan for a sports car.  Buy a car that I can take to the track on weekends.  You know what would be cool is if I had a truck, and a carhauler to haul a sports car to the track.  Now thats style Cheesy

2008 KFX450R

2004 TRX450R
Too much to list...
Fox17
Supreme Member

Go Gators!!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2007, 11:20:36 PM »

we just got a 99 F-250 with the gas V8 and it was only 14k out the door. we got it from gibson. granted it aint no king ranch but it is a nice truck (for a ford  Wink). you can find a way to spend a lil less than 30k. my friend just got a new F-150 that was 17,000 and his payment and insurance is 500 a month. his parents co-signed and have good credit too. they aint cheap. he can barely pay that and he has no extra cash to spend on anything. if i were you, id get a 95-00 ranger or tacoma that gets 30mpg and cost 5-10k. i saw a killer 95 tacoma in the truck trader with 40,000 miles for 5500obo. id look for something like that. you dont want to be in debt. at all.
Young Gun
Supreme Member

Murray Enterprises

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2007, 11:24:16 PM »

we just got a 99 F-250 with the gas V8 and it was only 14k out the door. we got it from gibson. granted it aint no king ranch but it is a nice truck (for a ford  Wink). you can find a way to spend a lil less than 30k. my friend just got a new F-150 that was 17,000 and his payment and insurance is 500 a month. his parents co-signed and have good credit too. they aint cheap. he can barely pay that and he has no extra cash to spend on anything. if i were you, id get a 95-00 ranger or tacoma that gets 30mpg and cost 5-10k. i saw a killer 95 tacoma in the truck trader with 40,000 miles for 5500obo. id look for something like that. you dont want to be in debt. at all.

Forget Gibsons, go Heartland Cool.  I browse Gibsons website every other day I would say, they have some cools trucks.  All I need is a monthly payment lower than $500 and im golden.  I can pay it each money and still have money to tuck away.  I dont like small trucks at all, the smallest I would go is a F150.  This is a nice truck...

http://gibsontruckworld.com/used_vehicle_details.htm?vehicleId=3cbda348404638740091fa78be6920ac
« Last Edit: May 11, 2007, 11:27:12 PM by Rebel » Logged

2008 KFX450R

2004 TRX450R
Too much to list...
Prairie Master

internationaloffroad.com

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2007, 11:28:35 PM »

I cant get a loan without my parents help.  No credit history... im only 16.  I might be able to get a simple loan of maybe 5k BUT I always told myself the first year im driving I will have a Superduty.  I want to stick with that goal Smiley.  What im thinking is get the truck first, because it would be the daily driver.  Then do what your saying and I will put away any extra money towards a new loan for a sports car.  Buy a car that I can take to the track on weekends.  You know what would be cool is if I had a truck, and a carhauler to haul a sports car to the track.  Now thats style Cheesy

That not style thats being 16 talking , yes you can get a loan at 16. Save up 500.00 go to bank and get secured loan , pay it back in about 7 months then go get another secured loan from another bank, then pay that loan off. Then when you go for a unsecure loan you already have a good credit history with 2 different banks. Why would you want to go in debt so early , sports cars and other toys will come before you know it. I would worry about a reliable transportation right now thats not extremely high on fuel money and insurance money, and go to school so you can get a great paying job to pay for all the great toys that will come later.  Grin

02 Prairie 650
04 Ozark 250
05 Rancher 350
06 Polaris 50 
01 KTM 380
04 Gear Box
03 F350
05 Magnum
76 wife
Ida_Mann
Supreme Member

Location: There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2007, 11:41:23 PM »

out of curiosity dude, what kind of job do you have at 16 that you can easily afford $500 a month truck payment?

Id@

Id@ M@nn

'00 Honda TRX90
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."
Young Gun
Supreme Member

Murray Enterprises

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2007, 11:47:25 PM »

out of curiosity dude, what kind of job do you have at 16 that you can easily afford $500 a month truck payment?

Id@

Working with my dads company.  I'm basically the shop pregnant dog.  Working just on a saturday with him I can make about 100-150bucks, all under the table of course ands its a 6A.M. to 5 P.M. job.  I do all the digging for the workers to lay piping and what not.  The hole must be 2feet deep due to code regulations and most of the time the holes have to go for about 20-30 feet around a home.  During the summer im going to get a real job during the week, I applied at some motorsport dealerships but none have emailed or called me back.  Work at one place during the week for a solid pay, and if I want I can work with my pops for some extra cash. 

2008 KFX450R

2004 TRX450R
Too much to list...
Ida_Mann
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2007, 11:51:19 PM »

good luck on the venture.

Id@

Id@ M@nn

'00 Honda TRX90
Young Gun
Supreme Member

Murray Enterprises

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2007, 11:53:09 PM »

good luck on the venture.

Id@

Thanks man, I need all the luck I can get. 

2008 KFX450R

2004 TRX450R
Too much to list...
mud.junkie

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2007, 07:14:23 AM »

well i have read all the posts and dude you really think you can afford 500.00 a month payment? Good for you!! But ' the question is can you afford the 500 a month insurance to go along with that payment,and gas?I only bring this up as my nephew was in the same boat and bought a chevy 2500 hd 4x4 2006 and never considered the ins part. you know being 16 with very little driving exp (yeah i know you think you have more than most) your insurance will be insane.
 Oh an yes i am buying a Chevy 2500 HD 4x4 as he can't afford it (nephew).

I wish you luck in your endeavors
blupits04
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2007, 08:44:06 AM »

First off why would you want a $400 a month payment? And just because it's a $30k vehicle you still have insurance which is about $100 a month, fuel cost, maintenance,and can't forget about GAP insurance to protect you from the depreciation of the vehicle after you take it off the lot and the more you drive it. So your $400 a month payment will be a truck around $20k with the GAP. At 16 thats no extra money for going out with friends or doing anything fun. Like Ida said most of our first cars were something you were embarrassed to be seen in but you had respect for it b/c it got you from point a to point b and it was OURS! I'd get about a $10k loan find a nice used truck that you can fix up and make the way you want it and haul a$$. Look at Lakemarykid he bought his first truck and it's the way he wants it. If you finance out the butt for something then you have to wait to get it paid off before you can make it "your" truck if you raise it up it voids warranties. Go to the Auto Auction and look with cash in hand or look on Craigslist.com don't blow your credit at a young age or threaten your parents credit for your first vehicle. Believe me a $400 a month payment sounds good now but you'll regret it later on. A good paying job 5 days a week you'll only bring home about $200 after taxes making $7 an hour. Damn I sound like a parent! lol seriously though you'll have more pride in something that you can get yourself and make the way you want than blowing your budget every month on a payment. I don't know where you live but look around don't waste your youth working to make a payment on something you can have later in life. And believe me 16 yrs old your bound to have an accident whether it be your fault or not what would you rather loose a $30k or a $10k vehicle?

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com