Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Another gator swimming, hardcore swamp day at Macs 5/11/07  (Read 6609 times)
JackL
Supreme Member

A enemy generally says and believes what he wishes

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« on: May 11, 2007, 08:26:11 AM »

I noticed a sport quad guy come check us out yesterday, guess he didn't want to get dirty.  Cry

Feel free to join us for some hardcore swampin and swimming with the gators.

Airboat ramp 10:00am, bring a helmet. Wink

The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can’t do.
JackL
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2007, 05:30:05 PM »

You guys missed a GREAT one today. I know I have been pushing Macs all week, and lots of you probably plan to go there tomorrow. It is perfect for sport quads almost a mile west off the boat ramp.
Please be respectful of the place with no doughnuts in the parking lot and be sure to go visit Keith and Marshall down at the camp if you need ice or beverages, or want some great fishing.

Do not exceed 5MPH into the fishcamp if you go there, you won't like the welcome. I may or may not be there, please be safe. I don't want any negative attention brought to one of the greatest local spots we have.
If you see me, please stop over and say hello.
There are only a few more weeks to enjoy this rare pleasure, I encourage you to check it out if you feel like riding.

I'll post some pics and videos later.

The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can’t do.
MATT1969

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2007, 08:45:07 PM »

you must be single.
Bleedsblue

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2007, 11:06:28 PM »

you must be single.

...and either independantly weathly or jobless.

2008 Ford F-250, 8" Fabtech Lift, 38" Kumho MTs
2007 Yamaha Rhino 660, 27" Mudbugs
MATT1969

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2007, 11:09:51 PM »

to much time typing to have an  lady friend.
06 BaNsHeE
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2007, 09:43:36 AM »

or maybe he just loves riding
JackL
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2007, 11:48:13 AM »

or maybe he just loves riding

You got it brother. I have loved it since I obtained my first Yahama 80 dirtbike from the jaws of a garbage truck on bulk day at age 8.
Now that was a crazy rig, no clutch cable or brakes.. Smiley Sure did run good though!! Fun times!!

As for you other guys, I don't want a lady friend slowing me down, and you too can ride and live if you put your mind to it. It isn't very hard.

Bleedsblue

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2007, 02:03:38 PM »

Just because most of us don't ride during the week/during the day doesn't mean we don't ride or live it means we have responsiblities.

Bill

2008 Ford F-250, 8" Fabtech Lift, 38" Kumho MTs
2007 Yamaha Rhino 660, 27" Mudbugs
JackL
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2007, 08:33:30 PM »

Just because most of us don't ride during the week/during the day doesn't mean we don't ride or live it means we have responsiblities.

Bill

We all have responsibilities. I am on call 24/7. At any given time I can and do get screwed on planned activities.
I hope you guys aren't looking at my posts as condescending, because I assure you they aren't meant that way.
I am simply trying to show you the currently ONLY legal riding area we have available in South Florida, since it is a ghost town out there, and Macs is a great riding and fishing spot. One of the last great places we even have left here.

Most of my friends are not happy I am showing our little secret off, and I sometimes have to go months without riding, so sorry if I have come off as a 'look at me guy', I just love to ride and take pictures The more the merrier I always say.

I also need to be in front of this stupid computer more than I like, so I post a lot. Sorry I bothered you guys.

MATT1969

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2007, 10:47:26 PM »

doesent bother me,id probably go all the time if could.new baby is lettin alot of dust build up on all the toys.maybe ill ride again someday.
tntaylor53

« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2007, 08:50:40 AM »

Jack, you keep on giving us some leads on good riding spots and posting those pictures.  I look forward to your information.  I went to Macs yesterday and had a great (muddy) ride.  I looked for your red Vinson but didn't see you.  I was on a Vinson Camo with 2 friends on Raptors.  We definitely got dirty.
JackL
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2007, 09:09:45 AM »

Jack, you keep on giving us some leads on good riding spots and posting those pictures.  I look forward to your information.  I went to Macs yesterday and had a great (muddy) ride.  I looked for your red Vinson but didn't see you.  I was on a Vinson Camo with 2 friends on Raptors.  We definitely got dirty.

Glad to hear it!! Mine was getting all pretty yesterday.

I would have loved to make it out, but you can't make em all.

Look forward to riding with you in the future.

z400stunter

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2007, 02:48:15 PM »

How far is this spot from Naples?

JUMP IT!
JackL
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2007, 04:25:40 PM »

How far is this spot from Naples?

Too far!

If you ever rode Badluck you will be really disappointed. It is off of us 27/Krome ave about eight miles south of the alley. No way I would drive two hours to get there..well maybe. Wink

It depends on the kind of riding you do. UTE guys might take the drive, but I would never go that far to bring a sport quad, even the locals don't go there much.

EigerGuy

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2007, 01:29:29 AM »

where at macks do u guys ride i was there sunday and there was no signs of mud

02-05 Eiger Lift Kits Availabe PMME, i also think they will fit the 06 and 07

05 Eiger
06 Raptor 700R

MustRead
http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php/topic,31593.msg374254.html#msg374254
JackL
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2007, 02:05:45 AM »

where at macks do u guys ride i was there sunday and there was no signs of mud

Straight down the boat ramp and head south. You can't miss the mud!

It is getting thick, Monday it rained all morning. It was awesome.

This is directly off the boat ramp Monday 5/14:

This is where I got crossed up sideways in a crazy Tokyo drift into a big hole about 75 feet from the boat ramp at about 40 mph winding out fifth gear. This could have been bad and I sure got dirty when it was on its side in the hole:

My bike begs to differ about the lack of mud.Smiley

This guy wanted to be famous, if you look close you can see my reflection in his eye:

This guy thinks he is a dog. Very funny:

Raptor700

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2007, 08:05:25 AM »

JackL I personally enjoy your post. I use your post as a barometer as how it will be to ride. My son and I would like to hook up with you some time and go riding out at Holeyland when it opens up again. Please keep posting pics and telling us your adventures. Wink
JackL
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2007, 10:06:09 AM »

JackL I personally enjoy your post. I use your post as a barometer as how it will be to ride. My son and I would like to hook up with you some time and go riding out at Holeyland when it opens up again. Please keep posting pics and telling us your adventures. Wink

Thanks, I don't have many pictures from this ride, but I did make a crazy cool video one handed doing some doughnuts with my buddies in that slick mud. Unfortunately some of the riders in it don't have helmets on so I can only post it to www.floridaatv.com

Trust me, we are going to have a HUGE party when they reopen the Holeylands, and you can be sure I'll be posting about it like crazy before and after!!!

Bring on the rain!!!!!

shirah86

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2007, 10:36:14 AM »

whats the deal with that hog bro
Raptor700

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2007, 11:43:29 AM »

The hog is Mac's mascot until its time for a BBQ. You could say they are free range pigs Tongue I saw pig skulls laying around so I would take that as evedents to some feasting at some point in time. I love the other white meat it's yummy
JackL
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2007, 01:42:33 PM »

whats the deal with that hog bro

It's whats for dinner.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com