Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: OHV Committee approves ATV Safety Training  (Read 1162 times)
GrizzlyBear
Supreme Member

ONFA President, Florida OHV Rec Committee Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« on: May 11, 2007, 08:16:46 AM »

At the OHV Committee meeting yesterday, the OHV Committee approved the ATV Safety Institute's ATV RiderCourse as the approved course for meeting the state law for riders under 16. Anyone who meets this requirement will have to have this course before July 1, 2008.  Anyone interested in taking this course may sign up by calling 800-887-2887 or by going to their website:  www.atvsafety.org

The cost of the course is $75.00 unless you have purchased a new atv, then the course is free.  The Ocala National Forest Association is approved to give this course at the OHV Center and it is one of the choices you have when you sign up. We are giving the course on the 1st and 3rd Saturday of every month.  In addition, our instructors have agreed to reimburse the parents of the children attending the course $25.00 once ONFA is reimbursed by the ATV Safety Institute.

The State of Florida is looking for instructors to train throughout Florida. Any organization that wants to get involved can.  For more information call me.  As there is expected to be a shortage of classes to attend, it is best that you sign up early.  On July 1, 2008, you will not be allowed to ride on public land without proof you have taken a course.

2006 Rhino Special Edition
2006 Grizzly 660
2003 Raptor 660 (son)
2003 Yamaha Kodiak

www.onfa.org
JackL
Supreme Member

A enemy generally says and believes what he wishes

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2007, 08:39:05 AM »

At the OHV Committee meeting yesterday, the OHV Committee approved the ATV Safety Institute's ATV RiderCourse as the approved course for meeting the state law for riders under 16. Anyone who meets this requirement will have to have this course before July 1, 2008.  Anyone interested in taking this course may sign up by calling 800-887-2887 or by going to their website:  www.atvsafety.org

The cost of the course is $75.00 unless you have purchased a new atv, then the course is free.  The Ocala National Forest Association is approved to give this course at the OHV Center and it is one of the choices you have when you sign up. We are giving the course on the 1st and 3rd Saturday of every month.  In addition, our instructors have agreed to reimburse the parents of the children attending the course $25.00 once ONFA is reimbursed by the ATV Safety Institute.

The State of Florida is looking for instructors to train throughout Florida. Any organization that wants to get involved can.  For more information call me.  As there is expected to be a shortage of classes to attend, it is best that you sign up early.  On July 1, 2008, you will not be allowed to ride on public land without proof you have taken a course.

Wow, these politicians are geniuses. They figured out yet another way to take our money and give us nothing in return.

The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can’t do.
Chuck_Norris

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2007, 09:33:17 AM »

you will not be allowed to ride on public land without proof you have taken a course

And this is a good thing? so if I understand correctly not only do I have to spend money on a sticker to ride in public land but spend more money on a riding course. This goes along with the money spent on Taxes the State has already obtained from me when I purchased the quad. something  doesnt feel quite right
Have I mentioned the great riding areas in Georgia
« Last Edit: May 11, 2007, 09:39:28 AM by Chuck_Norris » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com