Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone going to RR this weekend?    (Read 6941 times)
dc8driver

Long live Polaris!

View Profile

Ignore
« on: January 11, 2005, 09:51:30 PM »

Wondering if anyone is going to the Ranch this weekend.  I'm going with the wife and kids and Warrior.
bbf
Supreme Member

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2005, 10:36:41 PM »

i will be there what day are you leaving
02YamahaBigBear400

Wheres the mud?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2005, 09:55:33 AM »

i won't be. this weekend and next i have to work so it won't be a while before i go. have fun.

2002 Yamaha BigBear 400 4x4
27x10x12 Vampires (Front)
27x12x12 Vampires (Rear)
Custom Snorkel
Extra Lights w/custom grill
FMF MegaMax 2 exhaust
----------------------------------
1996 Honda 300 4x4
27x10(front) and 27x12(rear) vampires
exhaust
HL clutch Kit
Snorkel
am/fm cd player
fast05blaster

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2005, 04:11:09 PM »

Will be there jan 28-30 anyone going
mainetoo2005

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2005, 05:14:28 PM »

Hello

Has anyone here been posting about DEP and Florida Forever taking over RR and the possibility that riding will be over by as early as this year? and that hunting will be 2 weeks out of the year like the other WMAs in Florida?
Super Dave

THE GRASS IS ALLWAYS GREEN ON MY SIDE!!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2005, 07:59:41 PM »

thats a new one. i go to just about every meeting that has never been a topic.RR is private property not state the state has tried to get there hands on it in the past but can't.as long as we obey the rules it's all good.

02' ex 400 stock kinda it looks stock
Super Dave

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2005, 08:02:08 PM »

o and not going this weekend but next weekend fri-sun

mainetoo2005

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2005, 09:25:41 PM »

DEP and FF aren't concerned with private property. They just take over large sections of unimproved land. They don't even pay for it (it is called "less than fee"). Then they tell you what you can do on your land. I have been told that this had already happened at RR by the attorney that represented you in the battle. That is why you can't build new camps only repair exsisting ones.

I'm glad to hear it hasn't happened. The reason I ask is that there are quite often 2.5 to 5 acre lots in RR listed on E-bay and I am interested. Although they are selling 2.5 acre lots for generally $5800.00 which seems awfully high to me. Thoughts?
Super Dave

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2005, 10:27:49 PM »

you can still build if it is movable. in the general rules: rule 1 no building of permanent structures.rule 5 no heavy equipment and no riding in the wet weather ponds thats all thay could get out of the RR property owners association,inc.you are talking about RR estates it's a different place off hyw 60 ,it's by the lake.RR P.O.A.INC owners have access. thay only sell 1 2.5 acr going for around $1,600. in the shopper that comes out in lee county tue. had a deed for $1,600. the thing with RR is that it is not a atv park alot of people think it is, but it started as a hunting area more then 25yrs ago then atv's became abundant every one losing riding land and RR is one of the last places to ride camp and just do about eny thing you want to do.

02YamahaBigBear400

Wheres the mud?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2005, 09:40:35 AM »

i heard something similar but it won't happen unless we don't obey the rules at RR like SUPER DAVE said. My father and I have been memebers for nearly 10yrs but hunted else where and since the past 4 yrs we've been hunting at RR we've noticed a lot of quads taking over. Its fun but you get some members who bring guests and they wanna show there guests a good time so do just about anything.

Super Dave: Didn't state take some property away from RR a few years back. That kinda conserns me to think they can do it again. But this time theres more supporters going to the meetings that I think we can keep them from taking more land.

2002 Yamaha BigBear 400 4x4
27x10x12 Vampires (Front)
27x12x12 Vampires (Rear)
Custom Snorkel
Extra Lights w/custom grill
FMF MegaMax 2 exhaust
----------------------------------
1996 Honda 300 4x4
27x10(front) and 27x12(rear) vampires
exhaust
HL clutch Kit
Snorkel
am/fm cd player
Super Dave

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2005, 08:59:05 PM »

YES if every one OBEYS the RULES then thay(the state) will leave us alone.thay say that at just about every meeting that the state has been a topic

Anoriginal

« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2005, 12:00:05 PM »

I've had some personal involvement with the State looking at River Ranch over the years. In a nut shell, the State is extremely interested in it and views it as a priority piece of property to obtain. There are several reasons for this:

1.  River Ranch has for years been a source of aggravation for the state. The deeds the majority of hte people have are uninsurable and merely grant a parcel of property some place in RR. Fact is, very few people have any idea where their property actually is and with the exection of a small minority, none of the camps are actually located on the property owned. Moreover, most of the time, the purchases are simply false in that you are buying from a so called "property owner's association" or "club" that really doesn't own what they are "selling" you. The State has been looking at how to deal with this buying and selling of unowned and unidentified property for a while.

2. River Ranch is viewed by many in Tallahassee to be an ecological disaster. Wetlands throughout have been permanently damaged, unchecked trash dumping, unpermited structures, unchecked hunting, etc. all play a big part into this view. Honestly, having flown over RR last week at low altitude, It really look terrible from the air.

3. As development pushes east, RR will become prime sought land. The State realizes this and desires to maintain large protions of land for public use. River Ranch is a nice place to take, rehabilitate and open to the public. Also, it's proximity to the River make it an ideal watershed habitat for mitigation banking. This equals big $$ for the state.

4. The State has for years been saving $$ in anticipation of purchasing the Babcock Ranch. However, it looks like this will not happen. So the state needs to find somethign to do with the $$ or face it being raided by other groups/boards/committees in Tallahassee who see it sitting around. Hence, the State has upped its involvement with environmentally sensitive and damaged lands by buying up the same. 2004 was an earmark year for the state in this capacity and it is opening up more and more to private groups who want to help it identify, buy (or take) and manage these properties. River Ranch is perfect for this type of project.  As far as Florida Forever, they have a percentage ownership level they must reach prior to exercising eminent domain proceedings. However, this percentage requirement is up for review.

Just some facts for folks to mull over.
rvman

River Ranch Property Owner since 1982

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2005, 12:08:18 PM »

Has anyone been out to River Ranch since the Hurricane?  It blew our roof off our home so we've been busy doing repairs.  Is there any damage?  Me and my brother own camps right of confusion corner.  Any info. would be greatly appreciated.   Thanks

Roclord1@aol.com

Raunchess Red

450 Foreman ES, Mudzilla's
350 Rancher ES, Vampires
Super Dave

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2005, 12:17:34 PM »

I've had some personal involvement with the State looking at River Ranch over the years. In a nut shell, the State is extremely interested in it and views it as a priority piece of property to obtain. There are several reasons for this:

1.  River Ranch has for years been a source of aggravation for the state. The deeds the majority of hte people have are uninsurable and merely grant a parcel of property some place in RR. Fact is, very few people have any idea where their property actually is and with the exection of a small minority, none of the camps are actually located on the property owned. Moreover, most of the time, the purchases are simply false in that you are buying from a so called "property owner's association" or "club" that really doesn't own what they are "selling" you. The State has been looking at how to deal with this buying and selling of unowned and unidentified property for a while.

2. River Ranch is viewed by many in Tallahassee to be an ecological disaster. Wetlands throughout have been permanently damaged, unchecked trash dumping, unpermited structures, unchecked hunting, etc. all play a big part into this view. Honestly, having flown over RR last week at low altitude, It really look terrible from the air.

3. As development pushes east, RR will become prime sought land. The State realizes this and desires to maintain large protions of land for public use. River Ranch is a nice place to take, rehabilitate and open to the public. Also, it's proximity to the River make it an ideal watershed habitat for mitigation banking. This equals big $$ for the state.

4. The State has for years been saving $$ in anticipation of purchasing the Babcock Ranch. However, it looks like this will not happen. So the state needs to find somethign to do with the $$ or face it being raided by other groups/boards/committees in Tallahassee who see it sitting around. Hence, the State has upped its involvement with environmentally sensitive and damaged lands by buying up the same. 2004 was an earmark year for the state in this capacity and it is opening up more and more to private groups who want to help it identify, buy (or take) and manage these properties. River Ranch is perfect for this type of project.  As far as Florida Forever, they have a percentage ownership level they must reach prior to exercising eminent domain proceedings. However, this percentage requirement is up for review.

Just some facts for folks to mull over.
LOL thanks for the info. i will be printing your post to bring to the next board meeting.LOL

Super Dave

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2005, 12:32:13 PM »

Has anyone been out to River Ranch since the Hurricane?  It blew our roof off our home so we've been busy doing repairs.  Is there any damage?  Me and my brother own camps right of confusion corner.  Any info. would be greatly appreciated.   Thanks

Roclord1@aol.com

Raunchess Red
some damage the last one was the worse my camp is 8'x14' framed on a trailer it was knocked of the blocks. i was at camp for the 2nd hurricane that was fun. ::)when you go bring a chain saw if you have trees at your place

rvman

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2005, 12:58:27 PM »

thanks for info  im going to try to make it out there in next week or two  do you know of  any rides out there soon?

350 Rancher ES, Vampires
rvman

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2005, 01:04:24 PM »

is anybody that ownes land at rr going to the rodman dam ride? i live very close to the dam and ride there all the time  iam new member to this site and looking for people to ride with  i also know of some outher areas to ride  towards g-ville

350 Rancher ES, Vampires
dc8driver

Long live Polaris!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2005, 02:18:16 PM »

I'm heading to the ranch till Monday and I will be at the Rodman ride.  Staying at Elite cabin 22.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com