Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: National Gas Out Day  (Read 8565 times)
JackL
Supreme Member

A enemy generally says and believes what he wishes

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2007, 04:11:16 PM »

I would be willing to bet the Fl Inspection fee is to make sure you get a gallon of gas, no more or less when you pay for it.  Look for the little sticker on the pump from Charles Bronson,Dept. of Ag.

I thought that sticker meant if you tamper with the pump, you have a Death Wish. Smiley

Good call, I'd bet you are right.

The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can’t do.
garym
Supreme Member

four wheeling or fishing, it always takes gas

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2007, 04:39:01 PM »

Someone has to pay the inspectors salary...why not us?
Chuck_Norris

« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2007, 04:45:51 PM »

for what it is worth, here is the break down of taxes for gas
per gallon:

.132 cents-Pinellas County Tax (other counties are different)
.001 cents-Fed. Exc. Lust Gov't Tax (not sure what that is)
.00125 cents-Florida Inspection Fee
.153 cents Florida Motor Fuel Tax
.0020714 cents Florida Pollution Tax
.0012 cents Federal Env. Rec Fee (whatever that is)

PS As of April 23, my cost for gas was $2.15 plus tax...

SO NEARLY .30 CENTS per gallon is taxes for the mathmatically challenged
eldiablo64
Supreme Member

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2007, 05:37:22 PM »

I don't see how the independent truckers can even make a halfway decent living with the price of fuel.man they gotta be hurtin

TAKE IT OUT AND PLAY WITH IT     AT THE  FLORIDAMOTOPLEX.com
buzzardman

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: May 07, 2007, 06:58:18 PM »

Hey, It's not only the truckers.  How about us contractors that have clients within a three or four county radius.  I fill my truck 3 times a week just to get to work.  That's $240.00 a week at $3.00 a gal.    With the competitive market around me, I can't really pass that cost on, I just take it directly in the shorts.   All you whining that the gas out won't work bla bla bla.  NO!, it won't make a big dif because people need gas, but IT WILL still be sending the message that the common public is hurting!!!  Not that the CEO'S care. 

DO YOU ALL REALIZE that if Myspace.com was a nation.  With all the members present, it would be the 11th largest nation in the world.  It is time that the common everyday Americans log on and unite.   A gas out just one day every week with everyone reducing their driving just outa spite, would eventually cost the big oil a lot at the end of a quarter.  If we all just stood up and gassed out one day a week for two months and held to it as citizens, things would change.  But instead, we have these people that believe nothing will change the course of what other people and businesses are going to DO TO THEM.   DUDE!, the sixties was not that far back,   what the heck happened to public outcries of injustice?HuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuh?   
Yes America is large and more complicated than 40 years ago, however if the citizens start believing that thier opinions no longer count then you are sort of saying you no longer believe you are free and the He(( with that kind of thinking!!!
Mudneck
" It's a State of Mind "
Supreme Member

****FMR****

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: May 07, 2007, 07:14:46 PM »

Im going to start running the rhino to work.The money I save for fuel will be cheaper than the tickets Cool

blindkaeta
Supreme Member

Hey guys watch this........... ouch

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: May 07, 2007, 07:30:00 PM »

I received this e-mail from somebody the other day. Cool

I have no problem with this request!
Hell, I haven't bought Gas from MOBIL OR EXXON for  the last few years
They always seem to be a little higher and then----- low and behold they tell the world how much profits they are making each quarter and of course don't forget what the thieves on top are getting for BONUSES and pays!!
Do it -----maybe it might have some impact!!!

GAS WAR - an idea that WILL work

This was originally sent by a retired Coca Cola executive. It came from one of his engineer buddies who retired from Halliburton.  It 's worth your consideration.

Join the resistance!!!! I hear we are going to hit close to $4.00 a gallon by next summer and it might go higher!! Want gasoline prices to come down? We need to take some intelligent, united action. Phillip Hollsworth offered this good idea.

This makes MUCH MORE SENSE than the "don't buy gas on a certain day" campaign that was going around last April or May! The oil companies just laughed at that because they knew we wouldn't continue to "hurt" ourselves by refusing to buy gas. It was more of an inconvenience to us than it was a problem for them.

BUT, whoever thought of this idea, has come up with a plan that can really work. Please read on and join with us! By now you' re probably thinking gasoline priced at about $1.50 is super cheap.  Me too! It is currently $2.79 for regular unleaded in my town. Now that the oil companies and the OPEC nations have conditioned us to think that the cost of a gallon of gas is CHEAP at $1.50 - $1.75, we need to take aggressive action to teach them that BUYERS control the marketplace..... not sellers. With the price of gasoline going up more each day, we consumers need to take action. The only way we are going to see the price of gas come down is if we hit someone in the pocketbook by not purchasing their gas! And, we can do that WITHOUT hurting ourselves. How? Since we all rely on our cars, we can't just stop buying gas. But we CAN have an impact on gas prices if we all act together to force a price war.

Here's the idea:

For the rest of this year, DON'T purchase ANY gasoline from the two biggest companies (which now are one), EXXON and MOBIL. If they are not selling any gas, they will be inclined to reduce their prices. If they reduce their prices, the other companies will have to follow suit.

But to have an impact, we need to reach literally millions of Exxon and Mobil gas buyers. It's really simple to do! Now, don't wimp out at this point.... keep reading and I'll explain how simple it is to reach millions of people.

I a m sending this note to 30 people. If each of us sends it to at least ten more (30 x 10 =3D 300)

...and those 300 send it to at least ten more (300 x 10 =3D 3,000)...and so on, by the time the message reaches the sixth group of people, we will have reached over THREE MILLION consumers. If those three million get excited and pass this on to ten friends each, then 30 million people will have been contacted! If it goes one level further, you guessed it..... THREE HUNDRED MILLION PEOPLE!!!

Again, all you have to do is send this to 10 people. That's all. (If you don't understand how we can reach 300 million and all you have to do is send this to 10 people.... Well, let's face it, you just aren't a mathematician. But I am, so trust me on this one.

How long would all that take? If each of us sends this e-mail out to ten more people within one day of receipt, all 300 MILLION people could conceivably be contacted within the next 8 days!!!

I'll bet you didn't think you and I had that much potential, did you?

Acting together we can make a difference. If this makes sense to you, please pass th is message on. I suggest that we not buy from EXXON/MOBIL UNTIL THEY LOWER THEIR PRICES TO THE $1.30 RANGE AND KEEP THEM DOWN.

THIS CAN REALLY WORK.

budman
Supreme Member

No, I'm not depressed...I'm just guarding my beer!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: May 07, 2007, 07:33:16 PM »

check this out

http://www.snopes.com/politics/gasoline/gasout.asp

www.rratv.net

2005 F-150 4x4 (with NO mud on it)
2004 ATV trailer, 6' x 12'
34Qt Coleman cooler,
Case of Budweiser, "King Of Beers"
Several bungees.
00 Rancher 2x4 (mine)
05 Foreman 4x4 (not mine)
06 Recon (not mine)
yunt2ride
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: May 07, 2007, 09:43:48 PM »

Hey, It's not only the truckers.  How about us contractors that have clients within a three or four county radius.  I fill my truck 3 times a week just to get to work.  That's $240.00 a week at $3.00 a gal.    With the competitive market around me, I can't really pass that cost on, I just take it directly in the shorts.   All you whining that the gas out won't work bla bla bla.  NO!, it won't make a big dif because people need gas, but IT WILL still be sending the message that the common public is hurting!!!  Not that the CEO'S care. 

DO YOU ALL REALIZE that if Myspace.com was a nation.  With all the members present, it would be the 11th largest nation in the world.  It is time that the common everyday Americans log on and unite.   A gas out just one day every week with everyone reducing their driving just outa spite, would eventually cost the big oil a lot at the end of a quarter.  If we all just stood up and gassed out one day a week for two months and held to it as citizens, things would change.  But instead, we have these people that believe nothing will change the course of what other people and businesses are going to DO TO THEM.   DUDE!, the sixties was not that far back,   what the heck happened to public outcries of injustice?HuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuh?   
Yes America is large and more complicated than 40 years ago, however if the citizens start believing that thier opinions no longer count then you are sort of saying you no longer believe you are free and the He(( with that kind of thinking!!!

So are you willing to park all of your trucks for one day each week and still pay your workers for not coming in. Lets see how long that happens. And then lets see how much it would kill your back pockets to park those trucks.

1997 Chevrolet 4WD extended cab
2005 Polaris 500HO 4X4 Hunter Edition Camo
JuniorMudder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: May 07, 2007, 10:04:09 PM »

I don't see how the independent truckers can even make a halfway decent living with the price of fuel.man they gotta be hurtin

My dad is real upset about the cost of fuel now, and the independent truckers are planing a major protest event.

buzzardman

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: May 07, 2007, 11:37:33 PM »

if I knew that at least the majority of the American public was making the same sacrifice to finally get something done to teach big business that there really are rules,  you bet your Butt I would park em one extra day a week.  As far as workers, most workers only wanna work 4 days a week anyway. LOL  But seriously, yes I would indeed do it because it is that important to me to  feel free instead of a pet in a cage owned by Americas big business! Wink
Bleedsblue

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: May 08, 2007, 11:14:28 AM »

Why would anyone read that when they can blabble on about being free and not being caged by american big business?  Roll Eyes

The government and the CEO's already knows we are hurting do you think they care? No. They know we need fuel and will pay to get it. None of us can afford to just stop driving and they know this. That is the only way to put a hurting on any of these companies and it isn't going to happen.

Bill

2008 Ford F-250, 8" Fabtech Lift, 38" Kumho MTs
2007 Yamaha Rhino 660, 27" Mudbugs
apkkfx400

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: May 18, 2007, 02:34:19 PM »

look out for falling prices.......

somewhere other than the fill-up stations!!  Looks like the National gas out day had the opposite effect.
papahouse

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: May 18, 2007, 03:04:59 PM »

not many people participated, guess thay all have plenty of money and don't mind paying. OH for the good ole days, bring back the sixtys so we can have a good protest.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com