Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: mud riding in south florida  (Read 111263 times)
jrpro130
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #175 on: December 04, 2011, 08:09:00 PM »

well these guys are killing 41st street, racing on the road, driving around like crazy on the shell road.  I wish some people would just have some respect for the land and not do that stuff.  They are causing way too much attention to it.

08 Brute 750
Snorkel/Radiator Relocated, 29.5's, Muzzy, PCIII, UNI, and a few other custom mods
CGmudder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #176 on: December 08, 2011, 03:08:55 PM »

Going out to 41st on Sunday with about four other people around 930. Look for blue silverado with yellow Can am X mr!
jrpro130
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #177 on: December 09, 2011, 12:29:56 AM »

we might go out then too...we need to regulate it some and not let these people race on the street.  It's killing this place...

08 Brute 750
Snorkel/Radiator Relocated, 29.5's, Muzzy, PCIII, UNI, and a few other custom mods
zman03
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #178 on: December 09, 2011, 08:55:06 AM »

good luck with the regulating!!!    you can't teach a moron jrpro!! Bonk   have fun out there

Youve gotta pin it to win it!
jrpro130
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #179 on: December 09, 2011, 09:47:02 AM »

well MDPD has been out there for the last few days citing street racers, but at the same token whoever else is there is asked to leave.  Not to mention people are leaving trash everywhere...it's like the same old story just a different place.

08 Brute 750
AintSkeered
Contributing Member Plus
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #180 on: December 09, 2011, 04:38:36 PM »

It's futile down there, for sure. The residents hate the police because the police only respond when residents complain. The mutants hate the police for responding to calls from residents. SOS.

2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group
jrpro130
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #181 on: December 09, 2011, 06:41:27 PM »

Well PD has been great with us, unfortunately if they ask one person to leave they have to ask everyone to leave.  It's tresspassing no matter what...they are just tolerant of it.

We have talked to several different officers on all occasions, and even FWC twice, all very interested in the bikes and understood we are not the problem etc...they all expressed if we do not ride on the road and litter we are more than welcome there.

08 Brute 750
zman03
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #182 on: December 09, 2011, 07:01:34 PM »

jrpro, the cops would not be there unless they are called.  all the street racing is what causes the attention. the litter is just the result of not having a managed ,legal , place that would dispose of the trash.  otherwise some people just say the heck with it and dump it there ,since there is no one to do or say anything about it.   in the end the fact is south florida riders have done this to themselves.     

CGmudder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #183 on: December 09, 2011, 07:19:19 PM »

Well I for one know I do not litter, however maybe we need to get devils mud garden to open on the weekends! I would gladly pay a yearly fee for some good clean mud and trails to blast my way threw.
zman03
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #184 on: December 09, 2011, 07:33:49 PM »

cgmudder, when we go ride we hang the garbage bag on our vehicles and clean the area we are parked at, so if a cop shows up he can actually see we are not littering the place.  but 90% of the people are not as considerate as you,jrpro, and myself. if you go to a legal ,managed place litter is not an issue. atleast not as bad as illegal riding areas.  If you want to see an absolute mess check out the 137 ave & 8st area where the paintballers set up a field and have destroyed a nice clean wooded area.  Its now a dump, filled with empty paintball boxes, pallets and atleast 5 tons of garbage everywhere.  I would line them all up and shoot them for an hour with their own paintball guns. then make them clean it all up!!!! Give Hell Flaming Grind   

1ofAkind

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #185 on: December 09, 2011, 08:46:32 PM »

Where are y'all parking at 41st? I've never been there I wanna try it out. I used to go to 8th and 137
jrpro130
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #186 on: December 09, 2011, 09:06:33 PM »

jrpro, the cops would not be there unless they are called.  all the street racing is what causes the attention. the litter is just the result of not having a managed ,legal , place that would dispose of the trash.  otherwise some people just say the heck with it and dump it there ,since there is no one to do or say anything about it.   in the end the fact is south florida riders have done this to themselves.     

There is a detention center about a mile east of the parking area there.  Marked cars usually stop by every once and a while to check it out and kick out the racers...like I said, riding there is TOLERATED but it was clearly stated to us it is NOT legal riding.  It is still trespassing.

I kindly told him there was no, "No Trespassing" signs and asked him who's property it was (this officer said private property)...did some research and on one side is FPL (substation) and the other is enforced by FWC, couldn't find any more info than that.  Could be someones actually property but seems like state owned.  It leads back to 3B...which we are NOT allowed to ride/hunt on. 

08 Brute 750
zman03
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #187 on: December 09, 2011, 09:22:48 PM »

go to miamidade.gov then go to property search on the left and zoom in to the property. you can see who owns what property and any other property anywhere in Dade county. all that property is probably owned by South Fla. water mgmt. and yes FWC patrols it.   

jrpro130
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #188 on: December 10, 2011, 10:34:14 AM »

I can't get it to pull up that area, closest thing I found is the 5000 block of 147th ave, which is east of 147th ave from 41st to 137ave (the turn in the road, about 6200 block), and that is state owned...

I'm still doing research on who actually owns the land, you can only search by owner, folio number, or address...and I can't get any addresses to work, it doesn't pull up.

08 Brute 750
jrpro130
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #189 on: December 10, 2011, 10:38:34 AM »

FPL owns 4100 to 5000 nw 147ave to 136th ave, about a mile long strip

It will not pull up any address west of 147th ave...I tried 157th ave...150th ave...nothing

08 Brute 750
zman03
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #190 on: December 11, 2011, 01:17:40 PM »

if you click on the little sign above the map that looks like a hand you can drag the image. you should be able to see every property in Dade county only. Most of the land people ride on is not owned by water mgnt. and that is why metro dade police comes out there and not FWC.

jrpro130
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #191 on: December 11, 2011, 07:33:16 PM »

if you click on the little sign above the map that looks like a hand you can drag the image. you should be able to see every property in Dade county only. Most of the land people ride on is not owned by water mgnt. and that is why metro dade police comes out there and not FWC.

I was doing that, it doesn't show each owner by the map.  It makes you search by owner, folio, or address then it just shows the location on the map.

FWC has made an appearance out there quite a few times now

08 Brute 750
zman03
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #192 on: December 11, 2011, 07:39:31 PM »

if you use the little arrow it will give you the owner after you drag to the area you wanna check out

jrpro130
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #193 on: December 11, 2011, 07:48:32 PM »

ahhhh got it zman.  Thanks!

Well the substation is FPL obviously...and everything west of there just the substation wide is FPL.  To the north (riding area) is Florida rock industries and it is listed as vacant.

Good to know!!

08 Brute 750
zman03
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #194 on: December 11, 2011, 08:06:15 PM »

now you can see where it is safe to ride!!   check out the area of 137 ave & 8st also

jrpro130
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: December 12, 2011, 07:49:44 AM »

10/4 thanks zman

08 Brute 750
Chitty Shevy

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: January 22, 2012, 06:25:08 PM »

To be honest, websites like these contribute to the demise of good places to ride. Once the word gets out, your friend tells his friend, and soon enough, half of miami is ruining the area. Put it on the web, great idea. Heck, i really dont want to tell anyone where i go riding on this site, not because of you members, but because them cubans can log right on. 41st was great. Now the water district is purposely flooding it, and the cops are kicking people out. this sucks
jrpro130
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #197 on: January 23, 2012, 11:41:53 AM »

To be honest, websites like these contribute to the demise of good places to ride. Once the word gets out, your friend tells his friend, and soon enough, half of miami is ruining the area. Put it on the web, great idea. Heck, i really dont want to tell anyone where i go riding on this site, not because of you members, but because them cubans can log right on. 41st was great. Now the water district is purposely flooding it, and the cops are kicking people out. this sucks

41st was horrible way before anyone ever posted it as a place to ride on this site...trust me, I avoided it 5 years ago when we were still riding 8th and krome.  Now it's the only place that you even have a chance to ride.

The problem at 41st hasn't been riding, it's high school kids doing bonfires and littering. 

They kick out the street racers that race sport bikes on the street...i've been there plenty times when there was 20+ trucks there and no street racers, we rode all day.  Same token i've been there with 2 trucks, 5 people racing on the street and the cops come in 5 mins. 

08 Brute 750
zman03
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #198 on: January 23, 2012, 12:25:55 PM »

I hope they arrest all the street racers!!! Flaming   if the dragstrip (countyline) on krome and US27 Was NOT open then I could understand why they go out there and race. but having a legal place to street race with lights and timing and no hassles DOES NOT make sense why these people race out there Dunno  I love the fact most MORONS here in south florida dont like woods(dry) trail riding and have managed to not even venture into the trails I ride. Im keeping them to myself cause theres a good chance they would screw it up. Wink

jrpro130
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #199 on: January 23, 2012, 04:26:49 PM »

they even had the camera setup for i guess 1/8 mile times

08 Brute 750
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com