Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: OKEECHOBEE PRAIRIE  (Read 56836 times)
Bleedsblue

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2008, 06:01:57 PM »

We went out there for new years this last year and had no prob at all. Was out there for 5 days. Saw a few sheriffs and none said anything. But we also showed respect and walked our bikes across the pea-vine and ranch 101 road whenever we would cross, picked up after ourselves, etc. Also whenever we would pass someone who lives out there we would go by slowly and quietly out of repect for the homeowners. Plus we try to stay off the roads and stick to the trails.

Unfortunately it's too little too late. Too many people abused the place for years and pissed off the locals, trashed the place and people have had it. Combine that with more residents that are less tolerant of ATV's and offroad vehicles and you can basically number the days that anyone can even think about riding out there. You may be respectful now but that doesn't mean you won't run into a pissed off local that might take a shot at you or accidentally forget to chain his dogs down or run into that sherrif that just had another ATVer run from him and decides to ticket you and impound your ATV.

Bill

2008 Ford F-250, 8" Fabtech Lift, 38" Kumho MTs
2007 Yamaha Rhino 660, 27" Mudbugs
cheropride
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2008, 06:46:51 PM »

We went out there for new years this last year and had no prob at all. Was out there for 5 days. Saw a few sheriffs and none said anything. But we also showed respect and walked our bikes across the pea-vine and ranch 101 road whenever we would cross, picked up after ourselves, etc. Also whenever we would pass someone who lives out there we would go by slowly and quietly out of repect for the homeowners. Plus we try to stay off the roads and stick to the trails.

Unfortunately it's too little too late. Too many people abused the place for years and pissed off the locals, trashed the place and people have had it. Combine that with more residents that are less tolerant of ATV's and offroad vehicles and you can basically number the days that anyone can even think about riding out there. You may be respectful now but that doesn't mean you won't run into a pissed off local that might take a shot at you or accidentally forget to chain his dogs down or run into that sherrif that just had another ATVer run from him and decides to ticket you and impound your ATV.

Bill
Yep!!!

As for suing, hell they riders have been doing that for years...  Don't get that, they go out there ride, (should be at their own risk), then sue...

Heck I don't remember the last time we where there, it had to be atleast 2 years ago, and it was already so screwed up....  You can't blame the home owners either, it's call show a little respect, but then again, I guess that is asking too much.... 

It is no wonder ATV'ers are painted w/a bad name...  Think about it, no matter where you ride, look around at the mess they leave, the trouble they cause..  People always say "it's only a few bad apples", but from what I have seen, it's more than just a few...  They do it everywhere, Prairie, Holy Lands, and where they can ride, they tear it up, and you know what, for the rest of us that respect and care about we ride, that pisses me off...  But I too, unfortnanetly, learned it is a losing battle.  You can't fight for places to ride, when ppl continue to tear it up...  Until ppl get some dang common sense, and better yet, respect, we will have no left ride, unless you want to spend big $ buy your own property to ride somewhere...  And you know what stinks about that, the same type of ppl show up there, tear crap up there too...  I honestly don't know what the answer is.  Cause you cannot teach respect to stupid....

Kawi-360 4WD/Camo
Honda 400
Polaris Ranger 700XP
renmus
Supreme Member

I am a Florida Mudrider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2008, 06:57:25 PM »

Bill
Yep!!!

As for suing, hell they riders have been doing that for years...  Don't get that, they go out there ride, (should be at their own risk), then sue...

Heck I don't remember the last time we where there, it had to be atleast 2 years ago, and it was already so screwed up....  You can't blame the home owners either, it's call show a little respect, but then again, I guess that is asking too much.... 

It is no wonder ATV'ers are painted w/a bad name...  Think about it, no matter where you ride, look around at the mess they leave, the trouble they cause..  People always say "it's only a few bad apples", but from what I have seen, it's more than just a few...  They do it everywhere, Prairie, Holy Lands, and where they can ride, they tear it up, and you know what, for the rest of us that respect and care about we ride, that pisses me off...  But I too, unfortnanetly, learned it is a losing battle.  You can't fight for places to ride, when ppl continue to tear it up...  Until ppl get some dang common sense, and better yet, respect, we will have no left ride, unless you want to spend big $ buy your own property to ride somewhere...  And you know what stinks about that, the same type of ppl show up there, tear crap up there too...  I honestly don't know what the answer is.  Cause you cannot teach respect to stupid....

Tell it Sister!  Wink  Also, if you DARE to point out to them how they are abusing the priveledge or riding, they scream that they are just having fun, to go away.  Then they are amazed that the law shuts it down.  Go figure.  Whole lot of ME and very little WE in this world these days.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2008, 07:16:13 PM by renmus » Logged
zin
Supreme Member

Save a Horse Ride a Kawasaki!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: September 16, 2008, 12:36:12 AM »

A moment of silence for the BFZ
Mudneck
" It's a State of Mind "
Supreme Member

****FMR****

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: September 16, 2008, 12:52:24 AM »

zzzzzzzzzzgo  to sleep ZIN.. I remember when we would be getting in from a nite ride @ bfz around now & cooking up some Bubba burgers.... Cry

Da_Mtg_Man
extraordinaire
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: September 16, 2008, 07:33:05 AM »

Aand T-bones and Pork Loin. Those were the days.

FLORIDA MUD RIDER
KAW3604x4

I am a Florida Mud Rider!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: September 16, 2008, 07:58:12 AM »

I sure do miss that! Cry

2007 F250 Crew Cab 6.0L FX4 w/Tow Command
09 Suzuki King Quad 750 Rockstar 4X4 27" ITP Mud Lites
http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/1497/fmrsmall2oi6.gif
Mudneck
" It's a State of Mind "
Supreme Member

****FMR****

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: September 16, 2008, 02:44:26 PM »

I sure do miss that! Cry

Watchin the sun rise through the rust holes in the horse trailer.....

KAW3604x4

I am a Florida Mud Rider!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: September 16, 2008, 03:11:52 PM »

I sure do miss that! Cry

Everything, but that!  Wink Grin

2007 F250 Crew Cab 6.0L FX4 w/Tow Command
09 Suzuki King Quad 750 Rockstar 4X4 27" ITP Mud Lites
http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/1497/fmrsmall2oi6.gif
Bleedsblue

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: September 17, 2008, 03:09:15 PM »

I sure do miss that! Cry

Visions of cheeseburgers on...err in your head.

2008 Ford F-250, 8" Fabtech Lift, 38" Kumho MTs
2007 Yamaha Rhino 660, 27" Mudbugs
shortcut

Yaba.....Daba.. ....do.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: September 17, 2008, 03:45:04 PM »

I sure do miss that! Cry

Visions of cheeseburgers on...err in your head.

BUWAHAHAHAHAHAHEHEHEHEHE AH

That was funny right there

mad dog

See you on the trails. www.MADDOGRIDES.com

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: September 23, 2008, 04:48:33 PM »

Bill
Yep!!!

Tell it Sister!  Wink  Also, if you DARE to point out to them how they are abusing the priveledge or riding, they scream that they are just having fun, to go away.  Then they are amazed that the law shuts it down.  Go figure.  Whole lot of ME and very little WE in this world these days.
COULD NOT BE TRUER WORDS SPOKEN! We used to go out riding with our customers and were as respectfull as we could be. But it is the thrill seeking hillbillies that get drunk and do doughnuts in the middle of the road that give a bad name to all and wind up ruining it. Then wonder why they have no where to ride. Thats why we started www.maddogrides.com to help find places for people to ride. We here at mad dog all ride and would love for anyone that knows of any places to ride let me know and I will post them. Also we are doing a raffle for a brand new Sportsman 500 $10.00 bucks a ticket and the proceeds go to The Eagle academy. Also having a huge fundraiser party sun Oct 26 if anyone would like to come bye and support. Food,Family and fun. See you there.
www.maddogrides.com

Man must ride to be free, once he has experienced freedom there is no other way.
www.MADDOGRIDES.com
crom A zone
Supreme Member

you all wish you where me

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: September 23, 2008, 05:55:36 PM »

hey mad dog  looks good with that site i am gonna try to come meet up and ride with you guys 

2008 brute force 750

30inch itp mulite xxl on ss108s
rad reloated and mimb snorkles
gold/red epi clutch springs
hl springs and extream 2inch lift
polariskid

GIT - R - DONE

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: September 23, 2008, 07:02:03 PM »

Even if you could ride out there right now its near impossible to get around unless you got a boat or know how get around Cool.

2002 Polaris Sportsman 500 Freedom Series, 27 inch Mud Bugs on ITP Type 5 series rims, 2 inch lift kit, Custom Snorkel, K&N
zman03
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: September 23, 2008, 07:40:56 PM »

where is this place , I also saw a great little place today off the turnpike and exit #99 anyone live near here?

Youve gotta pin it to win it!
Waveslider330

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: September 26, 2008, 04:09:21 PM »

Maddog, Yeah I've had my bike in your shop twice, awesome place.

Was suppose to go out to the prairie this weekend, but some stuff came up.
Should be nice out there at night with this "slightly" cooler air.

Let me know next time you guys ride, I would love to join ya'll.
You'd be proud of half the crap my little magnum can make it through!lol

Steve

oh yeah, a buudy of mine went out there 2 weeks ago to do some maintainance on his property and never saw a single law enforcement officer

2005 Polaris Magnum 330
27in Outlaws
2in HL Lift
Snorkels
Waterproof marine stereo
Wheel spacers
kawGIRL
is a Florida Mud Rider
Supreme Member

GOT GROG?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: September 27, 2008, 08:13:19 AM »

I wouldn't be worried so much about the law, I'm most worried about the barbed wire across the trails and the boards with nails that the local ATV haters have put out.

Jeff

polariskid

GIT - R - DONE

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: September 29, 2008, 01:11:57 PM »

I wouldn't be worried so much about the law, I'm most worried about the barbed wire across the trails and the boards with nails that the local ATV haters have put out.

Jeff

I would to, nothing will mess your atv up like barbed wire rapped around the tires and holes from nails in them. But have heard from my neighbors out there that the law is not messing around they will give you a ticket no problem and can take your atv if they want.

2002 Polaris Sportsman 500 Freedom Series, 27 inch Mud Bugs on ITP Type 5 series rims, 2 inch lift kit, Custom Snorkel, K&N
chefb7

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: October 27, 2008, 10:32:09 PM »

Just a heads up I have been out there twice in the last month and 10+times in the last year and have never been hassled. It has been much quieter than I have seen it in the past. However it did not stop the idiots from leaving beer bottles and other trash lying around this past weekend. Please be kind and everyone pick up after yourself this is such a great place I would hate to see it go away.   
EIGER-MUDDER

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: October 29, 2008, 05:30:45 PM »

they do this every hunting saeson after thats it will go away  they dont want everone out there
why ppl are hunting

THE DEEPER I GO THE MORE SHE LIKE'S IT

suzuki eiger
08 grizzly 700  6' lift with 30''shoes
crom A zone
Supreme Member

you all wish you where me

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: October 29, 2008, 05:52:33 PM »

i cant wait for that  lol    its so much fun to ride the sport quads   through all the sand trails

2008 brute force 750

30inch itp mulite xxl on ss108s
rad reloated and mimb snorkles
gold/red epi clutch springs
hl springs and extream 2inch lift
Waveslider330

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: October 29, 2008, 09:13:34 PM »

I'm looking arounds at lots out there to purchase, nows a great time to buy out there, and they have very affordable financing now. Last weekend we had a blast out there, got a nice 6ft gator and brought the fryer out and made fried gator fritters. Can't wait for new years out there!

2005 Polaris Magnum 330
27in Outlaws
2in HL Lift
Snorkels
Waterproof marine stereo
Wheel spacers
rudetrain

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: April 13, 2017, 06:48:47 PM »

dang just like it was  posted all yesterday all still  the same.i know  i live their.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com