Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hilliard back in action!!!  every one read!!  (Read 2853 times)
CrazyCat420

newby from GA, on a DVX 400

View Profile

Ignore
« on: February 09, 2005, 05:56:30 PM »

Ok Im sure a few of you out there have been to hilliard before they used to have bud bogs there about a year ago and every one would bring there quads and have a good time well just so happens that the croud that was always there well many were classified as bad apples and after a few incidents they closed the place down for quads and all they allowed were bikes for mostly the track they have there!  

Well I talked to the owner for a while tonight and they are allowing quads out there for trail riding and riding on the old sand track that he has out back, this place is not huge but it is worth a 45 min drive if you have nothing else close to you!  I am tring to convince him to let quads ride on the track out there but that is a defanant no go but what he thought down the road he might do is build a track out back behind the bike track just for quads  This would be great, but he is real hesidant to do so because of all the bad apples that he has had out there in the past, so with that said to keep this place going every one who rides out there needs to be on there best behavoir dotting Is and crossing Qs!!  As long as people do this then there is a good chance he will keep it ging and build the track for quads!!!  also he does not think there would be a good turn out if he started having races every now and then if he was to build the track so the more people that are interested the better!  I know the owner pretty well and used to race my bike out there he is a good guy and easy to get along with if you respect his rules and dont trash his place!!  If any one has any questions on this place or any thing in regards to it just hit me up here or drop me a pm, be glad to help you out!
Hollywood
Supreme Member

Team ATP Racing #8

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2005, 10:06:27 PM »

Well maybe if he would give some kind of guidlines he wouldn't have so many "bad apples". Stop allowing people to drink and ride, start enforcing that everyone where helmets, etc. Sorry but that guy's bad attitude towards quads is his own doing! I've heard him say before that they were always a motocross track and were going to stay that way but I for one can remember back in the early 90's when that place was nothing more than a mud bog. It's always been wild and crazy out there but only because it was allowed! Just my thoughts. I for one won't go back out there for anything unless a lot of changes are made. If he wants to make the changes then I will offer my support 100%. It wouldn't be hard to fill a track around here with quads every weekend.  Wink
« Last Edit: February 09, 2005, 11:59:17 PM by Bigg_Pimpin » Logged

'99 4??EX: Laeger +2's, Elka Resi's, Tag bars, AC ProPeg, Sparks X6 exhaust, G-Force axle, Burgard stem/carrier, 250r Hood, Klaw MXR's, ATP Racing engine, LSR, MSR, PEP and the list goes on.

'03 Honda 250EX: Yea it's decked out too!

'03 Yamaha Blaster: Work in pr
CrazyCat420

newby from GA, on a DVX 400

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2005, 07:22:17 AM »

I do remember a couple of occasions when I had been out there right before he shut it down for quads all together and he was starting to enforce the helmet issue, He also asked some of the riders to leave because he had talked to them and basically let them no about his policies then shortly after he walked away thoes guys were blatenly turning some donughts near or in the parking area were he told them not to pluss he was doing it with no helmet then in the middle he flipped his quad and the owner asked them to leave.

I dont know how he was before and I remember how the mud bogs were, but I do know before I stoped riding my bike out at the track he was starting to enforce the rules, like helmets no weeling through the pits or riding in the pits, or parking area.  There are just thoes few people out there who dont care about rules and will break them right in front of you because they think there crap dont stink! if you know what I mean!  

I do agree with you that he needs to keep enforcing all of the rules and maybe that place can turn around, I know that by stoping the mud bogs that kind of cleard out some of the bad crowd, but Im sure not all!  

I just would like to see a series of motocross tracks that are closer to us, there was talk that between hilliard, the dirt farm, and a new  track in alma ga, that come spring they wont to have a series, both tony out at the dirt farm, and alma are trying hard to push the quad issue, it would be nice if it happend!!!  I guess time will tell
Qblaster

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2005, 08:27:42 AM »

CAn you give directions to Hillard? thanks  Grin
Hollywood
Supreme Member

Team ATP Racing #8

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2005, 09:06:28 PM »

It's good to hear that. Well maybe we can make a trip out there in a few weeks and talk with him some of  course do some riding too. [smiley=ThumbsUp.gif]

As far as directions take US1 north out of Jax. through Callahan and Hilliard till you pass the Weigh station and it's a couple hundred yards on the left.

'99 4??EX: Laeger +2's, Elka Resi's, Tag bars, AC ProPeg, Sparks X6 exhaust, G-Force axle, Burgard stem/carrier, 250r Hood, Klaw MXR's, ATP Racing engine, LSR, MSR, PEP and the list goes on.

'03 Honda 250EX: Yea it's decked out too!

'03 Yamaha Blaster: Work in pr
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com