Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Motor cylce or Dune buggy???  (Read 3366 times)
Bounty1

« on: April 28, 2007, 12:53:33 PM »

What would be a good on road and off road motorcyle?. A motorcycle that can ride the trails and then go home on. I am really thinking of getting a dune buggy for the forest. I am trying to figure something I can ride and have fun, by leaving the house legally. What do you think? What would be best? I think maybe a motorcycle would be out of the question for me,but my nephew wanted to know.  But I will like to have input on it. I wonder why they cannot make a atv legal for streets and trails?
450rcrazy

« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2007, 01:04:46 PM »

I am guessing the dune buggy in your situation.If you took a spill on a motorcycle witch commonly happens in floridas sugar sand you may have a hard time getting back on. Also  a motorcycle is alot of work to ride in sugar sand. Then again if the dune buggy gets stuck you have a big chore to get it unstuck. The motorcycle would fit in more places than a dunebuggy but at the same time there is the stability issue.Good luck on making a decision.Ever think about a jeep?
Bounty1

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2007, 01:09:22 PM »

The jeep is what my wife suggested. I think you just talked me out of a motorcycle, but my nephew still wanted to know the best bike to ride both. Thank you for your input.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2007, 01:11:04 PM by Bounty » Logged
Busta Nutt
Supreme Member

I love a good beer buzz early in the morning

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2007, 01:44:57 PM »

Any Honda XL would be good. I had a Kawi KLX 400 and it was a good bike. Wish I had it back now. But it does suck riding in that sand.
Scramdaddy

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2007, 02:36:39 PM »

KTM makes a street legal 525 and it only weighs 250 lbs. Any xr650, xr450 can easily be converted to street legal also with a kit.

2004 Scrambler 500 4x4 .  Gen3usa.com
susieblazer
Supreme Member

It's WHAT the winds blowing!! Git R Dun

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2007, 01:15:35 AM »

Rail buggy is the way to go! We have had ours since late 70's ............not limited to any roads in ONF as its street legal........

2000 Polaris 325 Trail Boss  Red/White/Blue
2005 Polaris 250 Trail Blazer  50 Year Edition Orange
2005 Suzuki LTZ400   White/Blue
Railbuggy Type 4 (4 seater)  Light Burgandy
Bounty1

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2007, 01:26:19 AM »

Rail buggy is the way to go! We have had ours since late 70's ............not limited to any roads in ONF as its street legal........
Hey Suzieblazer, is it a halfway decent ride. I will not ride fast just to ride in the open air and make riding legal.
susieblazer
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2007, 01:31:50 AM »

might have misunderstood me....don't have to ride fast, we enjoy trailriding with others at a leasurely speed, and you can also ride on any numbered roads as it is a licensed street legal vehicle, instead of having to turn around when you reach a clay road as with the atv's

Bounty1

« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2007, 01:36:02 AM »

might have misunderstood me....don't have to ride fast, we enjoy trailriding with others at a leasurely speed, and you can also ride on any numbered roads as it is a licensed street legal vehicle, instead of having to turn around when you reach a clay road as with the atv's
I do understand, I just need to know if it is a rough ride or does it have good shocks and suspension to make a halfway decent ride?

I sent you a PM
susieblazer
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2007, 01:37:43 AM »

np.........answer on the way ........yes you can get ones that are very smooth riding.......

Bounty1

« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2007, 01:42:41 AM »

np.........answer on the way ........yes you can get ones that are very smooth riding.......
I will definitely be making a visit. You have been very helpful.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com