Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Avoid 60th St N. and 110th Ave N. /The Acreage  (Read 6708 times)
polaris4chasing

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« on: January 30, 2005, 07:44:04 PM »

Our group was stopped by 2 PBSO deputies on ATVs. We used bad judgement, as the area is posted, but took a chance. They issued us written warnings, took photos of us, and told us if we were caught there again, we would be arrested and our quads towed. They also said a fence is going up and the area is being made into a natural area.
tvman

tvman

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2005, 10:43:43 AM »

There is another area off Northlake Blvd on the south side of the road after you pass IBIS..In the Acreage..

There are alot of tracks out there. The area I'm talking about is by Hall Blvd or by the school out there.

Has anybody been riding in there?? I've seen trailers and ATV's there before..It looks like it goes way back into the woods..

Got any info to share..
swampfrog67

SPORTQUAD RIDER. 350 YAMAHA WARRIOR.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2005, 04:35:27 PM »

AVOID THAT AREA TVMAN.  I WAS ALMOST ARRESTED IN THAT FIELD WITH THE BOAT IN IT ABOUT 3 YRS AGO AND WAS TOLD BY 2 PBS OFFICERS TO STAY AWAY BECAUSE I WAS TRESPASSING.  MY FRIENDS HAVE BEEN RIDING IN THAT SAME AREA LATELY, BUT YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.  ITS A CASE OF TAKE YOUR CHANCES AND HOPE FOR THE BEST. KNOW WHAT I MEAN. AND I HAVE BEEN CHASED OFF THE PROPERTY NEXT TO THE CANAL OFF 60TH BY THE OWNER IN HIS PICKUP TRUCK.  ITS GETTING TO BE THIN PICKINS UNLESS YOU HAVE ACCESS TO PRIVATE PROPERTY.  
P.S.
THE MAN SUCKS...

SWAMPFROG67@AOL.COM

JORGE
polaris4chasing

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2005, 04:45:42 PM »

Yea, I tried out Northlake to and a deputy in a car told us on the speaker we were trespassing and to leave. I guess it depends on how busy they are. Sometimes I'll be there and they ride by and not do anything.....As for 60th, I'm done there....The man has a picture of me and my quad.......
tvman

tvman

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2005, 09:41:08 AM »

Thanks alot guys...I'll just take your advice and stay away from there..

I used to go every weekend to the spot at Jog & Belvedere. Then the land got sold and now the MAN is chasing people out of there too..However, last weekend I saw maybe 50 ATV's and bikes out there..

Another hit and miss thing I suppose...

To think, I was ready to buy another ATV for my son..I think I better buy some land first..

Hey guys, PM me if you find any cool places to ride...I have a 12 year-old son that loves riding too..

tvman and mxmike
Muddingrl82

Speedy 8itch

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2005, 10:03:10 AM »

Well I was told that 2 weekends ago a lady got hit on her horse and had to get trauma hawked to stmarys and also a kid got hit on a 4wheeler during the week by a dump truck on mandarin  :-/...so i would assume that the cops would be out more lately so i wouldnt take you chances....I know we like to ride out here but you have stupid kids that wont obey the laws such as stopping at the stop signs instead of racing across them and then when they get hit its the cars fault... Angry Angry Angry

04 honda foreman 4*4
05 fourtrax foreman rubicon
Mud Momma

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2005, 10:18:22 AM »

My husband changed the belt on my bike a few months ago, ran it down to the end of our dirt road and was pulled over and ticketed for riding the bike.  Alls he was doing is making sure it was running ok.  Never got on a paved road and there is only 6 house on our street.  That is how bad its getting off of the Hall area.

Kawasaki Prairie 650
Yamaha Banshee
tvman

tvman

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2005, 10:30:16 AM »

I think the next step is to start knocking on the doors of some land-owners and asking for permission to ride..

I know that's how I found places to hunt..

Thanks alot for the info...Lets keep chatting till we find a good place and not tell anyone about it..

tvman  
polaris4chasing

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2005, 07:31:17 PM »

Be careful on 180th near Orange Blvd....I saw 3 deputies on ATVs parked by the groves today around 3pm.....I see those guys way to much......I have court on the 15th for riding in the squares, and it looked like the same ones. I was lucky it was different cops when I was stopped at 60th.....
FORDFANZ

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2005, 10:47:45 AM »

Is  this the  place  North  of where  RPB  Blvd  ends  is  that  where  your talking  about  Huh?

I NEED MUD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
polaris4chasing

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2005, 11:02:31 AM »

I'm not sure about the property north of where Royal Palm Blvd ends...I don't think it's posted. The problem is getting to it. I've heard a lot of riders have been ticketed for riding on the roads. I just know the property south of the west palm canal is patrolled......Mike
4xPlay

Official Honda Recovery Unit

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2005, 01:35:30 PM »

Hey all.....Theres a group that I ride with(8-20 quads),and we always start off near 60th and mandarin,but we never ride until at least 8 or 9pm and usually on Sat nights,we usually make are way .....I'm drawing a blank here,but the road that runs west from seminole pratt all the way west until it curves around towards corbitt,we4'll pick that up off of 180th and head out there into those woods,right now you can ride around back there,and can find some good deep mud and water,been back there after the hurricanes when it was like a foot deep at the shallowest point to about 3,4,5 ft deep in areas......Havent seen those PBSO ATV's out there,but they rode right by me(they didnt see me) on 60th,just west of mandarin on a friday night about 6:30 or so...I was off of 60th 50 yards or so,so I got lucky.....if you see those peircing little blue LED's coming at you,u better find a different route and quick!!!

'05 Grizzly,29.5x12x12 outlaws,Gorilla axles,2in. lift,maxxis 8 spoke wheels,lift springs(highlifter),1in widetrac spacers in front,k&n,prefilter,super trapp,dynojet,Power
Now,Warn 2.5,all brushed alum. bash plates(yamaha),custom graphics,self leveling beverage holder.

2001 Road King Clas
polaris4chasing

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2005, 03:17:19 PM »

Yea, it's hit and miss when riding near 180th and 60th. While driving my car, I've seen the PBSO ATVs riding up and down 180th and 60th. Can't miss the blue LEDs. When I was stopped, they said they are just looking for quads riding on the roads and the natural areas......
4xPlay

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2005, 04:25:53 PM »

it's definatly changed in the last 10 years out here,I used to ride my warrior from south of sycamore right up the side of seminole pratt sometimes as far as n. lake and wave at the sheriff's........could ride for miles and miles and hours and hours and never have a problem,there were just a couple cops that would give you a problem,but had others tell me to just run from them that they wouldnt chase you(that was back then).........the good ole days!!!!!!!

'05 Grizzly,29.5x12x12 outlaws,Gorilla axles,2in. lift,maxxis 8 spoke wheels,lift springs(highlifter),1in widetrac spacers in front,k&n,prefilter,super trapp,dynojet,Power
Now,Warn 2.5,all brushed alum. bash plates(yamaha),custom graphics,self leveling beverage holder.

2001 Road King Clas
4xPlay

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2005, 02:42:21 PM »

The riding out here is really hit or miss,kind of a "luck of the draw" deal,I just took my bike out for a putt around the 'hood rode down around sycamore and 161st and back through the woods to 162nd down 162nd for a mile or so and back to sycamore,then down to Alan Black via 161st,west across seminole pratt to the big canal(forget the name of that road),then back north to sycamore,granted I never got over 20 mph and I was the only one,had there been 10 of us,probably would have been a different story!

2001 Road King Clas
wilburz
Supreme Member

Tastes like chicken!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2005, 04:13:42 AM »

even if you owned land the man would still screw with you. once 20 or so atv's showed up on your property they would be asking for permits and crap.  

1978 ridin mower, 48 inch cut, 3.4 hp briggs & stratton
12-6-3 front
14-8-5 back
no muffler
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com