Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 21 y/o killed at underhills  (Read 20194 times)
bf750superduty

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2007, 10:24:42 PM »

once again not saying your lying im not 100% postivie because i am hearing this from other people and i do feel sorry for ur bro having to go through all this.  I was told the the fhp said that ur parents were not aware of the situation and that they found the bike in the trailer and thats how they found him. And i also heard that fhp said that someone would be charged because he ran. Remember this is just what i heard. If he didnt run i dont want him to have to go through being charged that would be wrong, but i dont know what the truth is now so im not gonna point fingers. If he did run and gets away with it, fine he's the one thats gonna live with that the rest of life i think it would be punishment enough seeing how it was an accident. I just think its weird how no one at the scence knew where he went. I know once i showed up on the scence i was there for a while and the cops where trying to find him. How long did it take u guys to go up front and tell an officer?

02 ford f250 cc 4x4
06 kawi brute force 750
FORD4X4GIRL

TRX's Baby Mamma !

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2007, 10:33:19 PM »

once again not saying your lying im not 100% postivie because i am hearing this from other people and i do feel sorry for ur bro having to go through all this.  I was told the the fhp said that ur parents were not aware of the situation and that they found the bike in the trailer and thats how they found him. And i also heard that fhp said that someone would be charged because he ran. Remember this is just what i heard. If he didnt run i dont want him to have to go through being charged that would be wrong, but i dont know what the truth is now so im not gonna point fingers. If he did run and gets away with it, fine he's the one thats gonna live with that the rest of life i think it would be punishment enough seeing how it was an accident. I just think its weird how no one at the scence knew where he went. I know once i showed up on the scence i was there for a while and the cops where trying to find him. How long did it take u guys to go up front and tell an officer?

What are the chances of someone not getting a flyer with every employee at bamboo's nextel 2 way # & thier cell numbers Huh Besides that is should have only taken 30 mins tops to get there & back if you knew there was an emergency... Plus security was driving around...

Either way I showed up at the scene afterwards & I too had not seen the "16 yr old" that was involved.....

"What lies ahead and what lies behind us are only tiny matters to What Lies Within Us..."
.gif
REDNECKBITCH

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2007, 08:53:19 AM »

Mom had asked me to write this. As a parent who goes to L-cross, Ockechobee, & c&r with 2 chrildren & their friends I have seen a lot of crazy-ness. I have never been to PlantBamboo. Jeremy's father told me last Thursday they were going & how great it is. Room to ride, cost ect,... We met Jeremy the 16 y/o & his family over a year ago. Helmets are seen mostly on the younger riders, but Jeremy always wears one while riding his bike & does not ride like a maniac. He is very conciderate kid with a big heart who got scared as anyone his age would have. I have talked to my own 15 y/o boy & he dosen't know what he would have done but he does now. We all seem to learn from someone's tragidy. Security told him to go back to his camp which is what he did. Jeremy had asked to go for one last ride while the family finished loading up for the day. ACCIDENTS happen!!!! It's a sad for all involved but whats sader is the statements & rumors I have read here. My daughters best friends boyfriend has been timmy's best friend since he was 9 y/o. Did anyone see the movie Sunday "Crossroads"? A real story about forgiveness. Instead of ruining this kids life for street racing which caused the death of a mother (wife) & daughter (sister) the family turned his stroy into something positive & to this day ( after court order completed) they still talk to other teens at schools all over the country. It has helped this kid with his own healing. Don't you think it will take a while for Jeremy to get past this awful tragidy? Jeremy we support you as your sister does. And for timmy R.I.P. God be with but families& friends
1FasterBlaster

« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2007, 01:08:23 PM »

I feel sorry for both sides of this tragedy.I'm sure the 16 year old was scared beyond belief.You have to remember what your thought process was at 16.
   Either way, it was a very bad accident.Of course the older person is passed on, but the 16 year old still has to live with the fact that he killed someone.NO 16 year old should have to live with that everyday!!
   I'm sure there is going to be mixed feelings.But you have to face the facts...accidents happen.Noone is to blame when they happen because noone was trying to do it.
   Whatever happenned, everyone needs to pray for both sides.A better understanding of our sport and dealing with the outcomes makes us all better riders!!
1FasterBlaster

« Reply #29 on: April 24, 2007, 01:12:54 PM »

Nomatter how long it takes you to put on all the right riding gear, nothing should be left out.When I first started riding, I saw people wearing gear and I thought they were just trying to look good.
   It's not to look good!! Whether your trail riding, or racing like a lot of us...wearing all the gear is a must.Ride hard, safe, and have fun!!
yunt2ride
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: April 24, 2007, 01:39:11 PM »

Everyone keeps saying that this 16 yr old killed someone. Lets remember that there were two parties in this tragedy. He did not pull a gun on someone. He was just having fun just like everyone else. Just so happens that two people had the same intentions just from opposite sides of the embankment. One got there first or the other may have been killed. Lets quit charging this 16yr old for something that the only way he could have changed the outcome is by not riding, which we all love doing. Come on people, Lets be glad that it was not our 16yr old son involved and give this kid a little respect. Put yourself in his shoes, at 16 what would you have done. You would have been scared to death, I know at the age I am now that I would be scared to death, at 42 I would have done things different but I cannot say that I would have done anything different if it happened to me at 16. Shoot, you hear all the time about older people running from the cops on quads and having an accident. I know its not the same but its still illegal and bad for the quad community. Lets give both families the support they need and quit calling people killers. This kid needs some support also. We need to band together as a community and quit the blaming game. It could have been anyone on the other side of that embankment.

1997 Chevrolet 4WD extended cab
2005 Polaris 500HO 4X4 Hunter Edition Camo
trx#9
Supreme Member

Manager at Seaman's Sausage House and Adult Movies

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: April 24, 2007, 02:09:26 PM »

Everyone keeps saying that this 16 yr old killed someone. Lets remember that there were two parties in this tragedy. He did not pull a gun on someone. He was just having fun just like everyone else. Just so happens that two people had the same intentions just from opposite sides of the embankment. One got there first or the other may have been killed. Lets quit charging this 16yr old for something that the only way he could have changed the outcome is by not riding, which we all love doing. Come on people, Lets be glad that it was not our 16yr old son involved and give this kid a little respect. Put yourself in his shoes, at 16 what would you have done. You would have been scared to death, I know at the age I am now that I would be scared to death, at 42 I would have done things different but I cannot say that I would have done anything different if it happened to me at 16. Shoot, you hear all the time about older people running from the cops on quads and having an accident. I know its not the same but its still illegal and bad for the quad community. Lets give both families the support they need and quit calling people killers. This kid needs some support also. We need to band together as a community and quit the blaming game. It could have been anyone on the other side of that embankment.
Clapper Well said.

"A SPECIAL THANKS TO MY SPONSORS"
Big Knob racing!, NewMembers Mom!
 Sacks Gloryhole at the Little Bar!
Qawd32 Colon massage inc.!
Fuzzy Pickle race team!
450rcrazy

« Reply #32 on: April 24, 2007, 06:06:38 PM »

good point YUNT2RIDE.I pray for both familys.
REDNECKBITCH

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: April 24, 2007, 06:14:20 PM »

Smiley Thanks to all those you have responded since I posted this AM. Jeremy is a good kid you does need our prayers to move forward. School is almost out for the year and we all will be spending alot more time riding. I would like to see alot more helmets on those ATV riders(my kids included)to prevent more tragedies such as this. It could have been my son .the last time riding he was almost hit by a race quad which cut right in front off me with my son to my left, the kid almost took him out. Of course it would have been the others fault for an accident but at that time my son was not wearing a helmet. My heart still pounds when I think of that day. My son just told me he is always going to wear his helmet no matter where he is. Life is to short. Stay safe, ride hard, have fun. Our prayers to both families.
1FasterBlaster

« Reply #34 on: April 24, 2007, 06:21:33 PM »

Think about more riding gear.It's not just helmets that save you from injury.I cover from head to toe!!
bf750superduty

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: April 24, 2007, 06:57:15 PM »

Mom had asked me to write this. As a parent who goes to L-cross, Ockechobee, & c&r with 2 chrildren & their friends I have seen a lot of crazy-ness. I have never been to PlantBamboo. Jeremy's father told me last Thursday they were going & how great it is. Room to ride, cost ect,... We met Jeremy the 16 y/o & his family over a year ago. Helmets are seen mostly on the younger riders, but Jeremy always wears one while riding his bike & does not ride like a maniac. He is very conciderate kid with a big heart who got scared as anyone his age would have. I have talked to my own 15 y/o boy & he dosen't know what he would have done but he does now. We all seem to learn from someone's tragidy. Security told him to go back to his camp which is what he did. Jeremy had asked to go for one last ride while the family finished loading up for the day. ACCIDENTS happen!!!! It's a sad for all involved but whats sader is the statements & rumors I have read here. My daughters best friends boyfriend has been timmy's best friend since he was 9 y/o. Did anyone see the movie Sunday "Crossroads"? A real story about forgiveness. Instead of ruining this kids life for street racing which caused the death of a mother (wife) & daughter (sister) the family turned his stroy into something positive & to this day ( after court order completed) they still talk to other teens at schools all over the country. It has helped this kid with his own healing. Don't you think it will take a while for Jeremy to get past this awful tragidy? Jeremy we support you as your sister does. And for timmy R.I.P. God be with but families& friends

who is the person that has known him since he was 9. i probobly know him too.

I agree 100% on the accident part. Weather he ran away or not like u guys said he's got enough to deal with by living with this. We have other things to worry about now as well. Plant Bamboo might be getting sued which could mean we might loose another riding spot because of all this too. We should show our support for no only the familys involved but also mr. underhill.

02 ford f250 cc 4x4
06 kawi brute force 750
cheropride
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: April 24, 2007, 07:22:53 PM »

The whole thing is just tragic.  However the kid reacted, you know what, who knows how anyone would react.  That had to be horrible, horrible scene.  From what I read, the 16 year old, is a good kid, it's not like he some nut job.  I really really feel for this poor kid, can't even begin to imagine the pain he must feel.  You know, it very could of happened to either one of them, but the 16 year old is the one that was spared.  We should really send up our prayers to him, and the victims family, because like I said before, I just can't imagine the pain that must be like.

What we can also do, is stop and think.  Because, not just riding 4-wheelers, but everyday we face the danger of this being the last day.  So for one, everyone should stop, take a long look at themselves, and those around them.  This should remind everyone of what is important, and that life is very precious, and fragile.  Tell those around you that you love them everyday, because this is "The Dance".  We all take risk each and everyday, just make sure that you try and make the most of what we have.  We can also look at this tragedy to remind our young ones, and ourselves for that matter, to be careful.  Tell you children this story, because we all know, at 16, hell even 21, nothing could hurt me.  Well, unfortanetly for this young man, reality tells a different story.

Love all of you, and we should embrace this child, for that is what he is.  I wasn't there, I don't know what happen, but I can assure you, this poor child had to be in shock.  He had to be.  So how you would react at 16.   Cause if that were me at 16, and that happen to me, I don't what I would of done, been so upset, I mean how can you really handle something like this.  I am so sure when he went over that hill, he had know idea there was someone on the otherside.  Unfortanetly, they are both just as responsible, it was just a tragic accident.

My thoughts and prayers go up to both families.  The families of the 16 year old, though he has a long road to emotionally recover, count your blessings that you still haver your brother, your son.....

« Last Edit: April 24, 2007, 07:25:31 PM by cheropride » Logged

Kawi-360 4WD/Camo
Honda 400
Polaris Ranger 700XP
450rcrazy

« Reply #37 on: April 24, 2007, 08:12:00 PM »

What we can also do, is stop and think.  Because, not just riding 4-wheelers, but everyday we face the danger of this being the last day.

People always pray when something bad happens or someone gets hurt or they are scared.This accedent proves we all need to pray for our own safety and the ones close to us on a daily basis to help prevent things like this , but things may still happen and in my mind thats why you must ask forgiveness each and every day for your sins and ask GOD to take you home to be with him in the event of your own passing.That way if ever killed in a tragic way you know in your heart of hearts you know where you will spend eternity.Thank you JESUS you are my savior please help lead me down the right path and please be with the familys involved with this tradgic event.
JackL
Supreme Member

A enemy generally says and believes what he wishes

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: April 25, 2007, 01:22:15 AM »

Even at 16, I would always go straight over to any accident scene I saw to see if I could help.
If I was involved, I wouldn't never leave until the last responder left. I'm sorry, I don't feel so
sorry for the kid. I hope what the family is saying is true, but this thread is full of conflicting eyewitness reports.

Moral of the story, put a tall flag on your ride. They do save lives as well as a helmet, sometimes better.

The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can’t do.
yunt2ride
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: April 25, 2007, 07:50:35 AM »

Even at 16, I would always go straight over to any accident scene I saw to see if I could help.
If I was involved, I wouldn't never leave until the last responder left. I'm sorry, I don't feel so
sorry for the kid. I hope what the family is saying is true, but this thread is full of conflicting eyewitness reports.

Moral of the story, put a tall flag on your ride. They do save lives as well as a helmet, sometimes better.

At 16, you may have always went over to any accident, most any of us do that and always have, but evidently you have not been in one like this so you do not know exactly how you would respond. You may do things different after reading this thread because now you have had time to plan it in your ride or because you are older now but before this thread there is a lot of us that has never seen or heard of an accident of this caliber. I can say that I have never seen a tall flag on a dirtbike. It would probably slap them to death moving back and forth. Depending on how high the embankment is, along with you concentrating on riding, having fun and the jump. You may not see the other persons flag anyways.

REDNECKBITCH

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: April 25, 2007, 08:38:22 AM »

::)flags might be a good idea if you were riding on property... not sooo busy. Kinda like hunting, you only allow so many people on your property at one time and they always wear hunting gear(bright orange) to be seen at a distance and not be mistaken for a deer. You start using flags people come up with all kinds of poles to hold them. This could cause impalement and death. Safety starts with gear. I'm sure after this tragedy we will all make adjustment before riding again.Be safe,ride hard,have fun....   oh the friend of Timmy's is J.C. and I just found out he also knows Jeremy
JackL
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: April 25, 2007, 10:30:40 AM »

At 16, you may have always went over to any accident, most any of us do that and always have, but evidently you have not been in one like this so you do not know exactly how you would respond. You may do things different after reading this thread because now you have had time to plan it in your ride or because you are older now but before this thread there is a lot of us that has never seen or heard of an accident of this caliber. I can say that I have never seen a tall flag on a dirtbike. It would probably slap them to death moving back and forth. Depending on how high the embankment is, along with you concentrating on riding, having fun and the jump. You may not see the other persons flag anyways.

You must be kidding. I have been riding 30 years and I have the scars to prove it. My first accident nearly killed me at age 12, and I've witnessed plenty almost as bad as this, none as tragic as this one thank god.
The dirtbikes out at the holey lands don't seem to have any problems. Why would it be any different elsewhere?
Physics dictates the flag will be behind you.

The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can’t do.
yunt2ride
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: April 25, 2007, 11:29:33 AM »

You must be kidding. I have been riding 30 years and I have the scars to prove it. My first accident nearly killed me at age 12, and I've witnessed plenty almost as bad as this, none as tragic as this one thank god.
The dirtbikes out at the holey lands don't seem to have any problems. Why would it be any different elsewhere?

Ok, First question is have you ever run over someone yourself and nearly killed them instead of being in an accident yourself. Second question, How many dirtbikes have you ever seen with a flag on them. And then depending on everything I posted, with the embankment size, focusing on riding and having fun and then focusing on the jump, would the kid have saw the other rider anyways. I think not. They both had the same intentions at the same jump.

JackL
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: April 25, 2007, 11:55:34 AM »

Ok, First question is have you ever run over someone yourself and nearly killed them instead of being in an accident yourself. Second question, How many dirtbikes have you ever seen with a flag on them. And then depending on everything I posted, with the embankment size, focusing on riding and having fun and then focusing on the jump, would the kid have saw the other rider anyways. I think not. They both had the same intentions at the same jump.

Q1: I collided with another guy at age 13 (both of us on dirtbikes) rounding a blind gravel curve in opposite directions. It is 50/50 on who almost killed who, loud pipes would have helped us that time...maybe, but I was the first one up off the ground and didn't think of taking off, not that my bike was in any shape for it.
My knee was ripped open so wide I nearly bleed to death hobbling home, and gravel rash is ten times worse than road rash.  That was the first and last time i ever rode in shorts, no shirt and flip-flops. We are friends today, thank god neither of us were killed.

Q2: Plenty, take a ride out to the Holeylands on the weekend to see them in action. Kid manage to ride bicycles with them you do know..

As for whether a flag or a helmet would have saved him or not can and only will ever be speculation.
I am only suggesting a flag is the only possible piece of equipment that may have helped avoid this terrible tragedy. Heck, perhaps onlookers would have seen the flags heading for the same jump in opposite directions and intervened.

You guys have helmet cheerleaders, well now you have a flag cheerleader. The value of a flag where I ride is higher than a helmet in the ten foot tall grass.

yunt2ride
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: April 25, 2007, 12:07:27 PM »

Ok, a flag may or may not have helped and you may not feel sorry for the kid. The thing is that everyone is blaming the kid for taking off not knowing why he took off (to many questions and rumors to know) All I'm saying is that it could have been anyone on the other side and at 16, noone can say what they would do until you have been in that situation or until you you hear or read about it happening to someone and have time to think about what you would do in a case like this. This kid by no means is a criminal.

bf750superduty

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: April 25, 2007, 12:24:49 PM »

looking at the scence and where his body was and where his bike was i dont think he was trying to jump it, he was just riding up it. If he would have been in the air he probobly would have survived. I was told at the scene that jeremy came up to the tabletop on one side with intent to jump it and tim was just riding up the other side not jumping. It kind of makes sense because if this was the case that would explain why jeremy landed on him and not ran into him. If he would have ran into him the injuries would have been different i think

02 ford f250 cc 4x4
06 kawi brute force 750
JackL
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: April 25, 2007, 12:30:35 PM »

Ok, a flag may or may not have helped and you may not feel sorry for the kid. The thing is that everyone is blaming the kid for taking off not knowing why he took off (to many questions and rumors to know) All I'm saying is that it could have been anyone on the other side and at 16, noone can say what they would do until you have been in that situation or until you you hear or read about it happening to someone and have time to think about what you would do in a case like this. This kid by no means is a criminal.

I feel terrible for all involved. Please don't take anything I've said as cold hearted or any other way, but as a constructive discussion on how to avoid a tragedy such as this in the future.
The kid has to live with this the rest of his life, that is a pretty bad punishment IMO.

I look forward to the official report, and I hope Mr. Underhill doesn't lose everything he has over an accident.

GENERAL-Z
Supreme Member

ya i got one

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: April 25, 2007, 12:37:12 PM »

Very sad... his poor family. God Bless them.
thats not the way i want to die

2002 blaster pro circuit pipe,works shocks,new head an piston,just broke in an quick

2000 honda fourtrax currently in pieces

1984 chevy scottsdale 1500 4x4 4inch lift 6.2l diesel 95000 original miles 20mpg city 23 hwy
JackL
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: April 25, 2007, 12:40:06 PM »

Personally, I can think of much worse ways. At least he was doing something he liked.

GENERAL-Z
Supreme Member

ya i got one

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: April 25, 2007, 12:42:30 PM »

Personally, I can think of much worse ways. At least he was doing something he liked.
true

2002 blaster pro circuit pipe,works shocks,new head an piston,just broke in an quick

2000 honda fourtrax currently in pieces

1984 chevy scottsdale 1500 4x4 4inch lift 6.2l diesel 95000 original miles 20mpg city 23 hwy
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com