Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 21 y/o killed at underhills  (Read 20197 times)
1500z71

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« on: April 21, 2007, 04:33:26 PM »

Today a 21 y/o was killed out there, from what I understand, he was riding up a hill when another rider jumped the hill from the other side and clipped him in the head with his back tire. The thought is he snapped his neck. No helmets, and I'm sure way to much alcohol. This is not going to help us to get any riding areas around here.
renmus
Supreme Member

I am a Florida Mudrider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2007, 05:50:54 PM »

http://www.tcpalm.com/tcp/local_news/article/0,2545,TCP_16736_5497750,00.html

Sad

and because the Mullet Wrapper is usually wrong:

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/search/content/local_news/epaper/2007/04/22/m1c_pcdeath_0422.html
« Last Edit: April 22, 2007, 06:14:22 PM by renmus » Logged
JackL
Supreme Member

A enemy generally says and believes what he wishes

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2007, 06:48:46 PM »

Hey man, things happen. Care to take a guess how many pedestrians will be killed today, how about bicyclists?

They are called accidents for a reason, and it sounds as if a helmet could have done nothing to save him, flags on the other hand.

My condolences to the families involved.

The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can’t do.
SWAMP_DONKEY

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2007, 02:32:57 AM »

Very sad... his poor family. God Bless them.
iluvmuddin

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2007, 02:43:56 AM »

i dont want to get clipped but i want to see all the guys riding and stuff... i'm a newby... is there places to watch from.... i'm not ready to get out in the middle of ya'll yet
TRX450R_Racer
Retired Racer
Supreme Member

**** Frank **** **FF&J Racing**

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2007, 07:53:17 AM »

That's terrible. The article said he was 16 not 21?

Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.
JackL
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2007, 11:08:13 AM »

i dont want to get clipped but i want to see all the guys riding and stuff... i'm a newby... is there places to watch from.... i'm not ready to get out in the middle of ya'll yet

Visit 'where to ride' section here.

The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can’t do.
1500z71

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2007, 11:19:33 AM »

Hey man, things happen. Care to take a guess how many pedestrians will be killed today, how about bicyclists?

They are called accidents for a reason, and it sounds as if a helmet could have done nothing to save him, flags on the other hand.

Yes I know that there are accidents, but accidents could help to be avoided.... I feel very bad for the family and all that went through the tragedy.
JackL
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2007, 11:32:36 AM »

Yes I know that there are accidents, but accidents could help to be avoided.... I feel very bad for the family and all that went through the tragedy.

I agree, and feel terrible for the family. Just trying to inject some perspective here. A tall flag is more important than a helmet IMO.

MadMudder
Supreme Member

Semper Fi

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2007, 01:50:47 PM »

Well in this case your right. There is no helmet that would have saved him in this case. The flag would have been much more help. Anyway does anybody know what is going to happen to the kid who killed him?

2013 BF650i 4x4
Stock; for now..
JackL
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2007, 01:58:40 PM »

Well in this case your right. There is no helmet that would have saved him in this case. The flag would have been much more help. Anyway does anybody know what is going to happen to the kid who killed him?

I'm no lawyer, but vehicular manslaughter seems way too harsh for an accident with no alcohol and minors involved.
Every time I get on a wheeler, I am well aware it might be my last ride. I hope everyone else does too, these vehicles do deserve some respect no matter how long you've been doing it, or how good at it you are.

mudnuri
Supreme Member

06 YFZ

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2007, 05:27:39 PM »

How about leaving the scene of an accident and even attemting to leave the property??

What may hurt Underhill is the fact that people complained about the 16yr old riding like a complete idiot.  More than once, and nothing was done to stop him by the staff.
The young man who was killed was 21 and on a little pit bike.

Brian Morris
06 YFZ
FTR#108 SENIOR
Don't litter
Respect life
mud-n-ur-i
bf750superduty

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2007, 05:47:40 PM »

i dont know if the kid that killed him was driking but i know for a fact that tim was not drinking beacuse he didnt drink. He was a very very close friend of mine. Unfortunatly i wasnt there when the accident happend but came over about 10 min. after and i couldnt belive what i was seeing. From what i gathered out of all of this the 16 yr old kid was going against the flow of everyone else that was riding. Once he hit him and then got back up he looked back, saw him laying there and took off. Had he stopped and checked on him i would call it an accident. but since he took off i think he should  be charged to the fullest.

02 ford f250 cc 4x4
06 kawi brute force 750
gtnwood

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2007, 05:52:07 PM »

Hold up, the 16 yo tried to leave the scene prior to law enforcement arrival?
That's wrong for the little turd to think he can just ride away from something like that, whether it's his fault or not, and there should be something done about it and the reckless riding prior to the accident. Unfortunately if this Underhill's is private property that wont happen, at least criminally. Angry
Condolence's to the Family

'Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and
rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition
that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.'
(From a Texas A&M student)
2005 Kodiak 450, 26" 589s
JackL
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2007, 05:52:54 PM »

How about leaving the scene of an accident and even attemting to leave the property??

What may hurt Underhill is the fact that people complained about the 16yr old riding like a complete idiot.  More than once, and nothing was done to stop him by the staff.
The young man who was killed was 21 and on a little pit bike.

Ok, I didn't know the kid fled the scene, and didn't attempt to render some aid after the fact.
Being a minor and this being a private facility, I feel for the Underhills...and I suspect the kid will never see the inside of a jail cell.

FORD4X4GIRL

TRX's Baby Mamma !

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2007, 06:45:54 PM »

When I was leaving today & stopped to talk to Ed about everything he had said that the kid will be charged .... I have to say that the memorial / bon fire last night really hit home.... guys please pay attention when you ride !

RIP Timmy 4/21/2007

"What lies ahead and what lies behind us are only tiny matters to What Lies Within Us..."
.gif
allygator

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2007, 05:01:13 PM »

ok i know exactly what happened that day. i was there. that hill they both jumped was to high up that neither boy could see each other. and when the 16 yr old was in the air the 21 yr old started up. so by the time the 16yr old saw him there was no way of turning back and the second the 16yr hit the ground after wrecking, he ran to the hurt kid and then ran for help and called 911. then went back to the scene  and the friends of the kid told him to go find more help and thats just what he did. he was extremly scared. i mean what would u do if something that tramatic  happened to u at that age. and the parens didnt know there son was involved until they reached the gate(they were not fleeing, they were leaving cuz that was the day they were going home form the beginning)  then when the 16yr old realized how badly the 21 yr old had been hurt he told his mother and they went directly to the police at the gate. it may have looked bad at first but they had every intention of talking to police bout everything. he even cried when he realized the kid had died. he only thought he was hurt badly. i agree with who ever said the thing bout no1 could be prepared enough for this even though they have ridin for years and years cuz the 16 yr old had been riding since he was around 7 years old so he knows what hes doing. but nothing could have prepared him for somehting as horrible as this. i feel extremly sorry for the family and im sure the 16 yr old does to cuz i know he has a heart and that was the first time ive ever seen him cry like that. but thats the true story of what happened.  Embarrassed

bf750superduty

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2007, 05:07:42 PM »

i definatly didnt hear it that way but if u were there when it happened u would now more than me. i havent had a chance to really talk to anyone else that was there about it because everyone was so emotional but i will find out this week what the truth of what happened is (not saying your wrong). in someways i wish i would have been at that spot to see it happened but im glad i wasnt.

02 ford f250 cc 4x4
06 kawi brute force 750
allygator

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2007, 05:15:44 PM »

thats fine if u wanan find out the ''truth'' im not trying to be mean or anything. i was just letting ppl know exactly what happened bcuz i am the sister and i saw and heard evrything.
cheropride
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2007, 06:46:18 PM »

Wow, the whole thing is just tragic.  I send out my prayers to everyone involved, being a parent, I can't even begin to imagine the pain and suffering.  Let's this be a reminder to us all yet again, BECAREFUL! 

Kawi-360 4WD/Camo
Honda 400
Polaris Ranger 700XP
allygator

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2007, 07:13:33 PM »

excuse me but he did not try to leave. my family did not know my brother was involved in the crash and when they did find out they went staright to the police. he did NOT  have to be found or anything. that some rumor that has been going around and its NOT TRUE. and he was not riding around like a maniac. ppl on 4 wheelers were riding around worse then he was. look im not trying to start problems but if u were in a situation like this boy what would u do?? seriously man? and who says there was a flow of traffic, there r no flaggers and no arrows to be pointing out which way to go, every1 was going in different directions. there was no security or anything, when u enter that place it is pretty much ride at your own risk, y would mr. underhill  have u sign waiver forms and stuff? so i would appreciate ppl to stop staring rumors that r way beyond the truth, its bad enough this boy has to walk around school with ppl looking down on him for somehting that was an accident.
450rcrazy

« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2007, 07:18:52 PM »

prayers to the familys and friends affected in this tradgic accident.
allygator

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2007, 07:19:42 PM »

oh and also, he was wearing sfatey gear, the 16 yr old was wearing a helmet. and he was not crying when we first left the camp, just very very quiet and then when he mentioned it to my mother she immediatly called my father in a diff vehicle and told him and they went staright to the police and then when he found out the kid had died, he started crying. so there ya go.
450rcrazy

« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2007, 07:36:41 PM »

All I can say at 16 if I badly injured someone buy accident or stupidity I would have been crappin my pants scared,But I do believe I would have gottin help as fast as possible and my parents would know for one it would be the wright thing to do for two they would find out anyway and then I would look like a liar to my parents and everyone else.If he called 911 and then went back to the scene did his mom not question the call?
trx#9
Supreme Member

Manager at Seaman's Sausage House and Adult Movies

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2007, 09:45:41 PM »

Accidents happan, we all take that chance everytime we go riding. The 16yr. old will have to live with that for a long time. I doubt any charges will be filed or should be.

"A SPECIAL THANKS TO MY SPONSORS"
Big Knob racing!, NewMembers Mom!
 Sacks Gloryhole at the Little Bar!
Qawd32 Colon massage inc.!
Fuzzy Pickle race team!
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com