Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Going to Ocala 4/21 (now with my updated opinion)  (Read 3831 times)
randyz

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« on: April 17, 2007, 06:10:59 PM »

I've read now they have two machines grooming the trails.  I'm going to give it another try on Saturday and see what it looks like.  I usually ride 5A but that is getting as whooped out as Ocala.  Which trails are the best groomed right now?  Thanks!
« Last Edit: April 22, 2007, 12:01:17 AM by randyz » Logged
randyz

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2007, 12:00:48 AM »

Well, went out and was disappointed as usual.  Parked at Rodman and rode the Wandering Whoops trail.  Rode 5 miles and my 11 year old son and I had enough, turned around and went home.   I just don't see how they can expect to start charging to ride here, its ridiculous.  I wouldn't pay 5 cents to ride that trail again.  Anyone who wonders what ONF is like, just go to Kmart and drop a quarter in the bucking bronco ride in front of the store and that will save you a trip.
Prairie Master

internationaloffroad.com

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2007, 10:10:56 PM »

Well, went out and was disappointed as usual.  Parked at Rodman and rode the Wandering Whoops trail.  Rode 5 miles and my 11 year old son and I had enough, turned around and went home.   I just don't see how they can expect to start charging to ride here, its ridiculous.  I wouldn't pay 5 cents to ride that trail again.  Anyone who wonders what ONF is like, just go to Kmart and drop a quarter in the bucking bronco ride in front of the store and that will save you a trip.

2 days and no response from the ONFA , about the trail grooming  Dunno

02 Prairie 650
04 Ozark 250
05 Rancher 350
06 Polaris 50 
01 KTM 380
04 Gear Box
03 F350
05 Magnum
76 wife
Ida_Mann
Supreme Member

Location: There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.

I own and wear a purple sombrero

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2007, 09:08:31 PM »

what kind of response would you like, I know for a fact they are grooming the trails, but it does not completely smooth out the trails in one seep, it takes many passes to smooth out what whoops are there.

Try the wiregrass trail,,,,it's the one in the South end of the forest,,,,I road the entire trail and actually found it much better than it was before it was groomed and that was only one pass.

you are talking about the government,,,,,and you want fast? ;-)

I have volounteered for running the grooming equipment, but they told me I needed 5 days during the week to train on it before they would let me loose on it and I don't have the time to take for it unless someone wants to pay me for the time.

I ain't cheep,,,,,,,the company I work for charges $80-110 an hour plus travel expenses to get me at your site,,,,,,anyone willing? ;-)

Id@

Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."
Prairie Master

internationaloffroad.com

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2007, 09:36:06 PM »

what kind of response would you like

Maybe an update for the trails that have been groomed / and a time line for when other trails may get groomed. I would think the ONFA would have this information ? 

02 Prairie 650
04 Ozark 250
05 Rancher 350
06 Polaris 50 
01 KTM 380
04 Gear Box
03 F350
05 Magnum
76 wife
Ida_Mann
Supreme Member

Location: There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2007, 09:45:30 PM »

what kind of response would you like

Maybe an update for the trails that have been groomed / and a time line for when other trails may get groomed. I would think the ONFA would have this information ? 

good point, I'll see if we can't come up with it,,,last I heard about a month ago they were done with one pass on the Wiregrass trail and were working on the trails going out of Lake Delancy and once they made one pass there were going to go back to the Wiregrass trails and start over with a second pass,,,,,as for the other trails I have not heard, but they don't report to me unless I call and ask the right people, so let me try.

Id@

Id@ M@nn

'00 Honda TRX90
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."
Prairie Master

internationaloffroad.com

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2007, 09:48:13 PM »

Thanks for the info Id@ Grin

02 Prairie 650
04 Ozark 250
05 Rancher 350
06 Polaris 50 
01 KTM 380
04 Gear Box
03 F350
05 Magnum
76 wife
randyz

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2007, 08:46:02 PM »

I would like to see them work on only 1 trail until they get it done then move on to another section, etc.  To me that would seem better then doing 1 pass on a trail then not coming back to it for months.  Plus that would give you the option of having a smooth trail for those who want that and them some rougher trails for those who like that kind of riding. Almost reminds me of interstate roadwork.  They cone off 30 miles of the interstate for repaving and it take them a year before they are done.
Ida_Mann
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2007, 09:05:31 AM »

so would I, but this is the way they have decided to do it, and I like that it IS getting done.

Id@

Id@ M@nn

'00 Honda TRX90
Mr. Fixit

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2007, 08:50:02 PM »

When have your heard of a goverment run operation doing the sensible thing.
Inyourdraft2000

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2007, 02:09:47 PM »

I would like to see them work on only 1 trail until they get it done then move on to another section, etc.  To me that would seem better then doing 1 pass on a trail then not coming back to it for months.  Plus that would give you the option of having a smooth trail for those who want that and them some rougher trails for those who like that kind of riding. Almost reminds me of interstate roadwork.  They cone off 30 miles of the interstate for repaving and it take them a year before they are done.
I don't know anyone who likes them woops out there.... Cool

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com