Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 32 People Shot Dead at Virginia Tech  (Read 12071 times)
kawGIRL
is a Florida Mud Rider
Supreme Member

GOT GROG?

View Profile

Ignore
« on: April 16, 2007, 01:22:25 PM »

WoW  Sad

See Story....

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18134671/?GT1=9246

« Last Edit: April 16, 2007, 08:52:10 PM by kawGIRL » Logged

BigDog

Big Dogs do it BEST!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2007, 02:19:33 PM »

Now up to 32, worst shooting in US history.  Can not imagine how one guy can kill 32 college kids like this.

http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/6514/fmrsiggi3.jpg

I am a Florida Mud Rider........and PROUD of it!!
Hawgin4x4
Supreme Member

Whatcha know about them Bowties!?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2007, 02:38:09 PM »

Its sad...You have to wonder what drove the person to do this.. My cousin was 10 ft from the kid who got shot, at Tavares Middle School couple years ago..

I dont disrespect anyone, If anyone disrespects me, You will be 6 ft below me.
cheropride
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2007, 04:58:14 PM »

You have to wonder sometimes, what in the hell this world is coming too.  You know you wake up one morning, go to school and get killed.  It's pretty sad when more innocent kids are killed in one day, than in the war.  Makes you stop and think don't it.... Cry

Offer up my prayers to the family, the students, and all involved in this.  What makes a person do such a thing, what in the heck is going thru that person's mind.... Just aweful.

Kawi-360 4WD/Camo
Honda 400
Polaris Ranger 700XP
SWAMP_DONKEY

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2007, 05:35:14 PM »

Lord please heal this country and bring peace to those suffering from this tragedy. Cry
bmd11

Location: Waitin' for the green light to drop at the Motoplex!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2007, 05:37:21 PM »

Children are too desensitized and parents are uninvolved. They expect the education system to raise the kids and then they (the parents) have no active role in raising them themselves. These kids play violent video games and stuff with blood and guts spewing everywhere, so they think that a real human life is worthless...
Stuff like this is like playing HALO to them.
Prayers for the families of the victims...
BMD

'92 LT250R #11- Sold * * * '96 LT80 #24- For sale * * * '87 LT80 #16- For sale
MadMudder
Supreme Member

Semper Fi

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2007, 08:36:24 PM »

Children are too desensitized and parents are uninvolved. They expect the education system to raise the kids and then they (the parents) have no active role in raising them themselves. These kids play violent video games and stuff with blood and guts spewing everywhere, so they think that a real human life is worthless...
Stuff like this is like playing HALO to them.
Prayers for the families of the victims...
BMD

First of all I just want to add just how bad this is. The death toll is now 33 with 15 more injured. I hope for a speedy recovery for those injured and our thoughts go out to those familes that wont see their children again.

But BMD I have to disagree with you there. The media has hyped up a fueled this videogame thing forever and its a bunch of bull. I have played HALO for 3 years, and Gran Thef auto and all of those games. If you cannot tell the difference between a video game and a human life by time you are 15years old then you have a serious problem that the game didnot start. This kid was in COLLEGE. You are telling me that this kid got into a good university with great grades probably and he wasnt smart enough to tell the difference in a TV screen and a human life? LIke I said, the problems go allot deeper then a game. The kids who started the colombine shootings were on anti-depressants and they had a reverse psylogical effect on them.  Now we dont know if something like that was the case but sane people dont bring a 9mm to school and go to town on thier freinds and classmates. A videogame isnot going to cause that. So before you go blameing something why dont we wait and see what comes out of this and then we can point fingers later.

2013 BF650i 4x4
Stock; for now..
Inyourdraft2000

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2007, 09:40:19 PM »

I can see both sides regarding video games.
The point missed here is not so much that the games are desensitizing our kids today as much as it is PARENTS not having a real role in their life.
I might add that my parents were both blue collar woking parents and I spent much of my years in school and then an after school care program until they got off work. I played video games from Atari all the way to Playstation 2( only because I cant afford the Playstation3 currently)......
I dont have the first inclination to go kill people.
These kids today have not been given true love and upbringing from their parents, bottom line......
Kids need to be told they are loved, they should be congradulated on their accomplishments, and when they fail it is not always because they are losers.
Most times in todays society kids are having kids and that is a big reason why they sit behind a TV all day....Moms and Dads watch Jerry Springer w/ their kids and when it is over the parents go out to the club while another family member watches the youngins. Kids are raising them selves today and it is very sad......Nothing we do in life if we have children is more important then them. If you are not man or women enough to raise children then you are not man or women enough to have 3 minutes of excitement the night before.
I think we should steralize teen boys until they are atleast 21 but thats just me.........I know how I was back in the school days and today kids are doing it in 6th grade.......Geeeez I just found out that girls were not the enemy in 6th grade,,,what the heck is happening.....lol Cool

Southern4x4
Supreme Member

Turn off them blinkers to save blinker fluid.

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2007, 09:46:09 PM »

I can see both sides regarding video games.
The point missed here is not so much that the games are desensitizing our kids today as much as it is PARENTS not having a real role in their life.
I might add that my parents were both blue collar woking parents and I spent much of my years in school and then an after school care program until they got off work. I played video games from Atari all the way to Playstation 2( only because I cant afford the Playstation3 currently)......
I dont have the first inclination to go kill people.
These kids today have not been given true love and upbringing from their parents, bottom line......
Kids need to be told they are loved, they should be congradulated on their accomplishments, and when they fail it is not always because they are losers.
Most times in todays society kids are having kids and that is a big reason why they sit behind a TV all day....Moms and Dads watch Jerry Springer w/ their kids and when it is over the parents go out to the club while another family member watches the youngins. Kids are raising them selves today and it is very sad......Nothing we do in life if we have children is more important then them. If you are not man or women enough to raise children then you are not man or women enough to have 3 minutes of excitement the night before.
I think we should steralize teen boys until they are atleast 21 but thats just me.........I know how I was back in the school days and today kids are doing it in 6th grade.......Geeeez I just found out that girls were not the enemy in 6th grade,,,what the heck is happening.....lol Cool
Clapper well put

[><]Southern by the grace of God[><]
MadMudder
Supreme Member

Semper Fi

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2007, 10:12:22 PM »

Ok well there was kinda 2 points to be made in his post. I just dont want people pointing fingers at the videogames because that is something that people do allot.

2013 BF650i 4x4
Stock; for now..
Inyourdraft2000

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2007, 10:14:21 PM »

;)another satisfied customer ladies and gentlemen!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Grin

2strokinIt

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2007, 11:06:00 PM »

4 more days till the Colombine anniversary  :-\coincidence?
SWAMP_DONKEY

« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2007, 12:12:17 AM »

Ok well there was kinda 2 points to be made in his post. I just dont want people pointing fingers at the videogames because that is something that people do allot.

LOOK AT YOUR AVITAR KID!!!
cheropride
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2007, 12:19:01 PM »

I personally feels it falls back unto the parents.  First of all, kids now adays are exposed to so much more than we ever were.  It's kind of backwards, you know kids are told they must wear their helmets when they ride their bikes, must wear a seatbelt, heck if I had worn a helmet when I was kid, they would of thought I was from another world.  At the same time that things are put in place to better protect our kids, they have more dangers.  Look what they are exposed to just on the internet, heck I remember when I was kid, the 6 o'clock news would never show bodies and blood.  To me the news should be rated PG-13, sometime rated R.  And yes some video games just add to that exposure.  Then look at the TV programming that is aimed during family time.  Criminal Minds, CSI, I could go on & on.  The things they show on CSI would only be seen in rated R movie when I was growing up.

But the problem I truly feels goes right back to the parents.  I see so many parents that are just not involved with their kids what-so-ever.  My father had died when I was really young, leaving my mom to raise me on her own.  So she of course had to work, but you know she still stayed involved with me.  I had boundaries, and I dared not to cross them. 

Just today, when I drop my son of at school (2nd grade), I see alot of angry little boys.  Why it always seem the boys are so angry, I don't know.  This one kid (2nd grade) always looks like he could just go off, that look you know.  I always make sure I go up to him, say hi, and give him a hug.  I ask, what's the matter buddy, you alright.  Today another parent say, right in front of this kid, oh that's just Isaiah, don't give him any attention, he's always looking for attention.  Well I continued to ignore the parent, gave him a big hug, and told him you know what you have a good day okay.  After he walked away, I went up to her, and said you did you ever stop and think why is he is always straving for attention.  Perhaps he never gets any!  I continued to tell her, you really should never talk like that to any child.  It's a kid like that, with no intervention, will grow up to be an angry young man some day.  And just perhaps, the kindness of one person, who took the time each morning to say, and give him a hug may do something.... Oh by the way, this is our PTO President.....

People need to stop looking away, stop and think what makes an 8 year old so mad.  You know what, he's sad, to him the world is probably a really bad place.  I will also bring up in our next PTO, that schools need to do more intervention at this age.  Our school alone has two guidance counselors, they should set time aside once a week to really stop and listen to kids like this. 

You ask me, this is where it starts..... Cry

Kawi-360 4WD/Camo
Honda 400
Polaris Ranger 700XP
JackL
Supreme Member

A enemy generally says and believes what he wishes

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2007, 12:38:20 PM »

All this kid was armed with was a 9mm and a .22 pistol? Damn! Good thing he didn't have an AR-15 and a shotgun on his back, with some kevlar backing him up. Sounds like he could have got everyone there if he had more ammo.

I wonder how bad a day you have to have to consider doing something like this?

The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can’t do.
bmd11

Location: Waitin' for the green light to drop at the Motoplex!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2007, 03:25:58 PM »

WOW Chero, you knocked that one out of the park! Even though it's difficult and frustrating at times, you gotta try and stay positive... expecially around little ones. They feed off of us grown-ups. I'm not perfect by any means, but one of the core rules I raise my kids with is "treat others how you would like to be treated". Treat others with respect and they will more than likely respect you back.

'92 LT250R #11- Sold * * * '96 LT80 #24- For sale * * * '87 LT80 #16- For sale
backinsaddle

« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2007, 03:40:54 PM »

great post cheropride
felixfromiraq

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2007, 04:00:13 PM »

god bless there familys

felix festermooth
SWAMP_DONKEY

« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2007, 07:35:50 PM »

great post cheropride

Bingo Girl AWESOME!!!! 
MadMudder
Supreme Member

Semper Fi

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2007, 07:42:39 PM »

LOOK AT YOUR AVITAR KID!!!
Ok look. The avitar is a harmless joke that i put up on there. If you want to discredit my oppinion because of it then go ahead. Im not a parent because im just a kid so thats pretty obvious. I was adressing his point about the videogames affecting him in his actions. Anyway Chero pretty much sumed that point up. Anyway take my oppinion for what it is. Dont lisen to it because im a kid, the avitar, or whatever your choice is. It really doesnt make a differece to me.

JackL I really like that last comment. I know all he brought was 2 handguns. An AK47 and he could have probably took out 60 or more. Whats ironic is that Virgina has a very strict gun control laws and the campus itself has a zero tolerance policy. So the teachers and students come unarmed and this not a very nice person shows up loaded up with guns and kills 33 people and all they can do is sit in their classrooms and hope he donest come in. You cant tell me  a teacher or a student with a concealed cary permit couldnt have saved all of those lives that were lost. All they had to do was reach down as soon as he opened fire and blown his guts all over the chalkboard! Its a bunch of crap. But yet the Liberals are gonna just say that the laws werent strict enough and make them worse and take away the rights from average people. Guess what. The crimnals are gonna get the guns one way or another. Its just gonna wind up where we cant defend ouselves.

2013 BF650i 4x4
Stock; for now..
qt314nfla

« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2007, 07:42:49 PM »

Well said Cheropride!!! Clapper
cheropride
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2007, 07:53:58 PM »

Awe shucks.... thanks...... Kiss

Kawi-360 4WD/Camo
Honda 400
Polaris Ranger 700XP
AD

« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2007, 09:22:09 PM »

too bad he shot himself, The families and students should have had first dibbs on him.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2007, 09:24:07 PM by AD » Logged
MadMudder
Supreme Member

Semper Fi

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2007, 10:51:38 PM »

Well I herd a hour or so ago that the wonderfully useless waste of air roise odonell has already spoke out aginst bush saying that it was his fault. Her and her galons of lard say that he didnt push for more gun control laws and that was the reason the kid killed everyone. I tell you there are sometime were a crazed guy with an 9MM or 45 would really come in handy.

2013 BF650i 4x4
Stock; for now..
cheropride
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2007, 08:30:30 AM »

Someone needs to stick a sock in that womans mouth.  I can't believe this woman says and people still listen to her.  She is nit-wit.  Guns don't kill people, people kill people.  You outlaw guns, the only then that will have guns are the nut-jobs and criminals. 

You ask me, the media needs to stop.  They are making this Cho guy some kind of star.  Don't they ever stop to think he's not the last nut-job in the world, I am sure that there is some other nut-job saying to himself right now, wow, if do this I will be famous.....  You hear more about the guy who did all the killing, than you do the victims.  Enough is Enough!

Kawi-360 4WD/Camo
Honda 400
Polaris Ranger 700XP
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com