Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The TT Track Is Done!!!!  (Read 20035 times)
tat2mike
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2007, 11:02:57 PM »

damn dude i cant wait someone give me some free parts lol

Formally tecatemike
N-Tense Motorsports

Play hard.....Go Fast, Turn Left

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2007, 11:56:14 AM »

Everyone loved the track Brady!  It was nice to see so many people out there for practice yesterday.  I took pics of the kids out there practicing....I'll post them when I get home later

2007 SFTL Open Class Champions
2007 Thunderbowl FT Open Class Champions
2007 Thunderbowl FT Youth Class Champions

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bud #32 
Austin #7
Scott #14
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
RTR_380/450R
Supreme Member

The older I get..........

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2007, 02:23:32 PM »

Im probably going to open up a can of worms here, but I have to ask a few questions.  In past visits to Thunderbowl and in Recent posts about some of the racing that has happened there, I feel the need to address a few things and then ask questions about them. So, here we go! Huh

In past visits to the track, there have been many comments of "aggressive riding" and things of that nature. Then, In reading several threads on the racing at the track, there have been heavy discussions of the same nature. Being someone that has raced my fair share of TT, I would like to address a few concerns that some may have.  By looking at the track and seeing the helmet cam video, I can tell you that you have a very very good course. It WILL draw national caliber racers to race there, practice there, and add validity to your track being a top notch place to go.  Although, I do have to tell you that TT racers are a little different caliber and breed.  They rub, they touch, they put their nose in the tightest cracks and crevices, and they have a move over or get moved over mentality.  Trust me, I learned this the hard way!  So, your general FlatTracker that will be trying TT racing will go into it with very much of the same mentality they have on a FlatTrack.  When, in reality, its a combination of FlatTrack mentality and MX mentality. Theres a happy medium in this style of racing. Smiley

So, with that being said.  What type of rules do you have in play for this? What mentality to you have on the subject? How do you expect to handle the things that will arise when someone like Tim Farr and Company, Casey Mckibben, Thacker Bros, and etc; go to race the track and their being told "There is no touching here, rubbing here, aggressive style riding, and so on?"

Thank you very much!

jt

RTR PERFORMANCE ENGINES
Specializing in FAST RELIABLE Horspower!!
rtrperformanceengines.com
550superquad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2007, 02:29:12 PM »

so you gonna come race jt  Cool 

1985 huffy girls bike
green with white stripes on the chaingaurd
mid-level ape hangers with green glitter grips & white plastic woven handlebar basket
one mirror,whip flag & thumb bell on handle bar's 
extra long Bannana Seat
Hoosier Daddy
Southern Flat Track League
Supreme Member

Team WareRacing Member #07

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2007, 03:42:35 PM »

Speaking from my view point......

Most of the flat track community feels that if you need to drill someone from behind and purposely move them out of the way in order to pass them, your not racing based on your skill, just carelessness and disregard for the fellow racers. ALL forms of open wheel circle track racing from sprints to formula one have a rule similar to ours. Of course accidents will happen but we try and keep the contact to a minimum.
  The league is a very family oriented racing non profit league, not a super competitive "move it or lose" it racing organization. With that in mind, we don't have fist fights or fingers in faces after the races as I have seen in so many MX and CC races because of this.

Keep in mind, I'm not speaking on how Brady will run his TT track just givng some insight on why the SFTL has this rule.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2007, 04:01:15 PM by Hoosier Daddy » Logged

BLISS Feed, Hay, and Race Fuels Zephyrhills, Fl
"Character is what you have when no one is looking"
fastrnrik
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2007, 04:08:38 PM »

Thanks for the positive comments on the track. No can of worms. All very good points actually.

Yes, I agree that TT racing is much more aggressive than regular flat track racing. I'm sure some of the regular flat track riders will have to adapt their styles somewhat for the tight confines and confrontational riding style of the TT course. Some will love it, and some will not. I'm sure the guys who are crazy fast on the flat track may not be the fastest on TT. Who knows? I guess we'll see?

There are a few guys who don't want any touching at all, but it's simply impossible to avoid when several ATV's are flying into the same turn. The big thing with touching on the flat track, and why we try to avoid it is the speeds which we run at our facility make the outcome of a normally simple crash turn into something more serious. That's why we preach "don't touch-be careful", etc. The last time Casey Mckibbon was up here he was leading his class when the rider behind him, who is known to be a rough racer, tangled up with Casey's rear tire and hit the wall. The other rider spun, hit the wall, and broke his leg right above the boot(compound fracture-yummy...). All in all, I think we have a pretty safe facility, all things considered.    
 When the TT racing starts we will allow TT racing to take place like it should. 99% of the time it's obvious to the track staff and other riders if it's just hard racing or an intentional effort to be stupid or hurt someone. There will always be riders who ride like idiots or ride way over their head and we'll address these problems as they arise.  Also, the more advanced riders know when to be more aggressive and how to be smart about it. Racing is racing, and none of us are racing for an "awesome 5th place trophy", we're racing to win and have fun doing it. That being said, safety is still our top priority.  

Thanks
Brady

RTR_380/450R
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2007, 04:41:40 PM »

Excellent reply! Thank you very much and look forward to trying to keep up! Smiley

RTR PERFORMANCE ENGINES
N-Tense Motorsports

Play hard.....Go Fast, Turn Left

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2007, 05:00:10 PM »

Here are some pics from yesterday's practice on the TT track

2007 SFTL Open Class Champions
2007 Thunderbowl FT Open Class Champions
2007 Thunderbowl FT Youth Class Champions

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bud #32 
Austin #7
Scott #14
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
RTR_380/450R
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2007, 07:51:42 PM »

Speaking from my view point......

Most of the flat track community feels that if you need to drill someone from behind and purposely move them out of the way in order to pass them, your not racing based on your skill, just carelessness and disregard for the fellow racers. ALL forms of open wheel circle track racing from sprints to formula one have a rule similar to ours. Of course accidents will happen but we try and keep the contact to a minimum.
  The league is a very family oriented racing non profit league, not a super competitive "move it or lose" it racing organization. With that in mind, we don't have fist fights or fingers in faces after the races as I have seen in so many MX and CC races because of this.

Keep in mind, I'm not speaking on how Brady will run his TT track just givng some insight on why the SFTL has this rule.

I totally agree on the rules regarding strictly FlatTrack racing. I feel that the ethical and moral value of true sportsmanship should be heavily displayed at any race track, whether it be XC MX FT or whatever. I just know what comes along with this style of racing. Not necessarily the lack of sportsmanship, but the lack of ability to be so cut and dry in the rule section when considering TT racing because of its aggressive nature.  I myself have raced TT with several individuals on this site.  They will all tell you that TT is different but the same sportsmanship applies.  I have been bumped on, rubbed on, and ganged up on while racing TT by some of the finest sportsman racing.  So, I guess what im trying to do the most, is prepare the individuals considering TT for what may be to come. Not to prepare them for what I would do on the track.  I personally, will wait a few races before going, just to see how everything plays out.  You get Me, Wayne, Lyndon Thacker, Brandon Thacker, Bohnstadt, Casey, and a few others on the track the first race and we would probably never be invited back.  Cheesy Im kidding!  You guys run an awesome track and have a great group of people. I truly believe that your TT addition will put you guys at a different level of racing that you will be happy with and may not expect.
jt

RTR PERFORMANCE ENGINES
01ZX12R
Supreme Member

Its all fun and games till the flag drops!!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: April 23, 2007, 08:35:07 PM »

Well JT I think it is time for you to stop that keyboard pecking and get ur little narrow a$$ out here with us. Lets get the old times rollin again or are you getting to old.

I can tell you that Ray( flagman) is very good at watching out for everyone on the track as far as safety goes, He even threw me off the track on Sunday. LOL.

K&K Motorsports 
Full Spectrum Racing
06' YFZ450  #12
08' KFX450  #21
08' LTR450   #132
fastrnrik
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: April 23, 2007, 08:57:23 PM »

I think the practice went well. It gave me the oppurtunity to see the areas of the track that need fine tuning. The track as a whole rides great, and is technical and challenging, but not overly so. I will admit that it was a challenge to build a track that would appeal to guys with full race set ups, yet still be runnable by people with stock or near stock quads. After riding it on both kinds of quad, I'd say we hit our mark. There are a couple of minor things that need tweaking, but they are little things, and no big deal. The track as a whole is ready to race as it sits...just add water! I am working on scheduling dates for the first race now, and at this point it will more than likely be run once a month.

And, did you say Bohnstadt... and Wayne...? Both of those guys are such nancy boys! Invited back? Who invited them in the first place? LOL. Rolling on the Floor Laughing Rolling on the Floor Laughing Rolling on the Floor Laughing
01ZX12R
Supreme Member

Its all fun and games till the flag drops!!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: April 23, 2007, 09:01:19 PM »

Brady I forgot to mention one thing

GREAT JOB  and THANKS FOR ALL YOU PUT INTO THE TRACK[/size]

K&K Motorsports 
Full Spectrum Racing
06' YFZ450  #12
08' KFX450  #21
08' LTR450   #132
Hoosier Daddy
Southern Flat Track League
Supreme Member

Team WareRacing Member #07

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: April 24, 2007, 06:12:27 AM »

Get your nose out of there Wayne! LOL!! Rolling on the Floor Laughing

BLISS Feed, Hay, and Race Fuels Zephyrhills, Fl
"Character is what you have when no one is looking"
dreth

« Reply #38 on: April 24, 2007, 07:24:08 AM »

Brady, track looks nice but may i suggest some form of seperation between the racing lines, like hay bails or old tires, becuase, "if and when" someone spins over into the oncoming traffic it could be real ugly. You may have already thought of this but i figured that i would remind you Wink keep up the good work and if you let some of the above mentioned racers into your facility your crazier than i thought Cheesy Cheesy
Ride1Rob
Supreme Member

YFZ 450!!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: April 24, 2007, 08:31:19 AM »

Track looks nice! My concern would have to be that right hander after your inside straightaway. May be what Dreth was also talking about? That's going to get ugly if someone runs in there too hot and crosses over on the other side of the track into that left sweeper turn. I would suggest some tires, hay, or a bigger burm there to slow the momentum and keep that from happening. It used to happen quite often at SM, but the outside sweeper wasn't as close as yours and it left room for error. Definitely brings back some memories of some good fun though. Make me realize just how much I miss SM  Cry  . Great job Brady!
« Last Edit: April 24, 2007, 08:33:35 AM by Ride1Rob » Logged

If it'll run... I'm ridin'!!!
fastrnrik
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: April 24, 2007, 03:59:37 PM »

There will be seperators, ie:  tires, hay bales, etc. placed before there is an actual race held.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2007, 04:39:13 PM by fastrnrik » Logged
1fastltr450
Supreme Member

Super Fast Racer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: April 24, 2007, 07:58:58 PM »

Excellent reply! Thank you very much and look forward to trying to keep up! Smiley

Come on out and get you some. lol

2007 Maximum TT Series Open class Champion

AMA 2007 Winter National Short Track Series Open Class Winner

Hair color helps you win.

www.SouthernFlatTrackLeague.Com

Thanks to my sponsors:
 Krome n Kustomz (K & K Motorsports)
 Mystic Motorsports  (Their only 4-poke)
Quad32x
Supreme Member

Work My Sausage !

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: April 24, 2007, 10:12:28 PM »

Come on out and get you some. lol
Yea , you to junior. Wink

Team LFG , Local Fat Guys.
Mystic Motorsports Vet Class Rider #32
tat2mike
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: April 24, 2007, 10:59:46 PM »

its about time someone built a real TT track in florida  Toast 

Tim that 500 sure does look purdy  cant wait to get a good look at it the 250 in the pics looks good too.

Formally tecatemike
fastrnrik
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: April 24, 2007, 11:27:14 PM »

Trust me, ALL them 'Zuki's quad32 has are very nice.
Quad32x
Supreme Member

Work My Sausage !

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: April 25, 2007, 07:56:30 AM »

Well thank you ........... thank you very much. Wink

[attachment deleted (older than 180 days)]

Team LFG , Local Fat Guys.
Mystic Motorsports Vet Class Rider #32
StrokerMotor

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: May 03, 2007, 08:41:11 PM »

When will there be racing on this track?
fastrnrik
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: May 03, 2007, 09:02:17 PM »

Soon, date to be posted soon.
Quad32x
Supreme Member

Work My Sausage !

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: May 03, 2007, 10:26:10 PM »