Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Camp-site Surveillance???  (Read 2284 times)
cheropride
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« on: April 11, 2007, 02:13:14 PM »

I thought I would put this out here, maybe someone has some information.

I have heard of a company that can install and monitor places w/solar power.  I have heard that it cost about $200 and there is a monthly monitoring fee.  Have any of you ever heard of this type of surveillance, or know where I can do some further research. 

Kawi-360 4WD/Camo
Honda 400
Polaris Ranger 700XP
JackL
Supreme Member

A enemy generally says and believes what he wishes

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2007, 02:40:37 PM »

I have heard of a company that can install and monitor places w/solar power.  I have heard that it cost about $200 and there is a monthly monitoring fee.  Have any of you ever heard of this type of surveillance, or know where I can do some further research. 

I've never seen anything for $200. I wonder what the monthly fee is, probably high and based on cellular reception.

I installed a solar powered monitoring station for a remote site I can't name, it was little more than a PC with a video capture card, a nice out door camera with a DirecWay satellite link.
A rig like that could be built for $200, and the satellite fees would be $59 a month....you would have full time high speed internet as well at the camp.

I didn't do the solar power part, but the 4-75 watt PV panels and accompanying batteries would make this quite expensive to power from the sun.

You could get a game cam from outdoor wold and hide it in the brush starting at $89 and not have real time monitoring, but pictures of what you are trying to see or catch.

I hope others chime in on this topic who know more than me.

The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can’t do.
SWAMP_DONKEY

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2007, 10:05:15 PM »

I've never seen anything for $200. I wonder what the monthly fee is, probably high and based on cellular reception.

I installed a solar powered monitoring station for a remote site I can't name, it was little more than a PC with a video capture card, a nice out door camera with a DirecWay satellite link.
A rig like that could be built for $200, and the satellite fees would be $59 a month....you would have full time high speed internet as well at the camp.

I didn't do the solar power part, but the 4-75 watt PV panels and accompanying batteries would make this quite expensive to power from the sun.

You could get a game cam from outdoor wold and hide it in the brush starting at $89 and not have real time monitoring, but pictures of what you are trying to see or catch.

I hope others chime in on this topic who know more than me.

Sounds like you know what u r talking about, I know the kit @ the dealership was over 4000....200.00?? Let me know, I want it for River Ranch.
JackL
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2007, 10:43:49 PM »

Sounds like you know what u r talking about, I know the kit @ the dealership was over 4000....200.00?? Let me know, I want it for River Ranch.

I was just giving this some thought, and I am setting up an old laptop with a cheap webcam as a test system for a setup like this. It would take WAY less power. Affordable I'm even thinking.

Setting up one satellite downlink and distributing it to a few camps with  802.11 wireless might be a nice way to offset the monthly fee....

I envision a self refreshing picture every 30 secs or so...I'll think more after lost.

The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can’t do.
cheropride
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2007, 11:59:06 AM »

Yea, I use the Moultrie Spy 200 Cams, have a few of them set up.  I also have solar power security lamps at camp too, thought that would be cheaper than night vision camera.  We've been hit twice, just want to make sure when a/h comes back, gotcha....  I know there is one two that down loads the pics to your cell phone, but I heard those set-ups are pretty darn expensive.  Going up there this weekend, and just ready too make a few more security enhancements....

Thanks for the info though...  You or anyone thinks of any thing else, would appreciate.

Kawi-360 4WD/Camo
Honda 400
Polaris Ranger 700XP
Redinjun

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2007, 06:59:04 PM »

What ever happened to trip wires attached to claymores... or cameras.
JackL
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2007, 09:23:24 AM »

What ever happened to trip wires attached to claymores... or cameras.

If it was 1950, I would be posting ideas I have for 12 gauge shell traps, and have given some bear trap suggestions, but these days the criminals have more rights than us good guy so you have to tread lightly when dealing with them.

Redinjun

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2007, 04:24:17 PM »

Can't go wrong with feces smeared pungi spikes. Evil
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com