Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: why cant you pick up your garbage when you leave
garbage pick up - 2 (50%)
garbage at holeylands - 2 (50%)
Total Voters: 4

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: garbage at holely lands  (Read 4419 times)
norm686

View Profile

Ignore
« on: April 06, 2007, 06:27:18 PM »

I cant believe all the soda cans and beer bottles, plastic bags on the side of the canal cant you people take you garbage with you in a garbage bag? there is no trash pick up there, you people know that, then you'll cry when your not a loud to ride there anymore because your pigs
JackL
Supreme Member

A enemy generally says and believes what he wishes

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2007, 06:55:33 PM »

I cant believe all the soda cans and beer bottles, plastic bags on the side of the canal cant you people take you garbage with you in a garbage bag? there is no trash pick up there, you people know that, then you'll cry when your not a loud to ride there anymore because your pigs

This holely lands you ride sounds terrible. I like the Holey lands myself, and I haven't seen much trash out there lately.

The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can’t do.
norm686

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2007, 07:05:05 PM »

im talking about the right hand parking as you come in off the unpaved road along the canel before the bridge, full of cans and bottles paper trash bags, its been like that for the past 2 months ive been riding there, i would not waste my time writing this if it was not true
JackL
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2007, 07:13:35 PM »

im talking about the right hand parking as you come in off the unpaved road along the canel before the bridge, full of cans and bottles paper trash bags, its been like that for the past 2 months ive been riding there, i would not waste my time writing this if it was not true

I have posted pictures from that very spot a week or two ago. All I saw was one 55gallon drum garbage can with some vultures. It was spotless. I'm going tomorrow night, I'm sure their will be a ton of pics as always.

Hope to see you there

The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can’t do.
eldiablo64
Supreme Member

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2007, 07:35:31 PM »

what makes you think its riders trashin the place?alot of it is probably from punk kids out there partyin at night though some probably is from riders to.

TAKE IT OUT AND PLAY WITH IT     AT THE  FLORIDAMOTOPLEX.com
CABLEGUY1
Supreme Member

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2007, 10:01:49 PM »

I guess you would not waste your time picking it up either or else you would have said so or maybe brought a problem with a solution like maybe a clean up event?Huh??
AintSkeered
Contributing Member Plus
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2007, 07:11:19 AM »

Was there Thursday, saw plenty of trash and we had a cleanup in March.

2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group
Chuck_Norris

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2007, 07:48:44 AM »

Nice way to make friends newbie..Your diversity is working over time. The term "you people" as though we as an ATV community or there of ATV Florida are at fault for the demise you are speaking of.  I am in North Florida and don't even know where the holy lands are.
 One thing you will find here as you venture through the many pages of the forum are a bunch of great people who are conscious of the enviorment and their surrounding.  I can speak for a large percentage of members on this site. It is not uncommon to see clean up rides for several of the area's that we ride in. I encourage you to become more familiar with the issue at hand before laying blame on folks that belong to this site. Better yet become a leader and advocate to the betterment and promote/organize a clean up in the areas you are concerned with.
norm686

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2007, 01:44:52 PM »

chuck you sound like a real diplomat.  I'm not blaming anyone on this site, I'm just trying to get a message across, by the way do you organize a clean up in your children's bedrooms or do they clean up after themselves?
Palmettobay_recon

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2007, 07:03:52 PM »

I was out there yesterday and did notice alot of garbage in the parking area. I did manage to pick up a few bags of trash to clean it up a bit. Other than that one area holeyland is very clean.

R.I.P. Jeffery Raye Enriquez  9-10-93/ 5-8-09

2006 Arctic Cat 500 Manual- 28" EDL's, MSA torx, HMF, dyno jets, snorkles...blah blah
dreth

« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2007, 07:50:59 PM »

do what you can to pick up others stuff and maybe it will rub off on others to help.
backinsaddle

« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2007, 10:27:33 AM »

I was out there Sunday and Monday, I parked about 1/2 mile south of the parking area.  I saw very little trash the entire time I was out there.
JackL
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2007, 10:36:45 AM »

I was out there Sunday and Monday, I parked about 1/2 mile south of the parking area.  I saw very little trash the entire time I was out there.

I'm honestly starting to wonder if these guys are riding a different place than us...?

backinsaddle

« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2007, 11:03:55 AM »

I'm honestly starting to wonder if these guys are riding a different place than us...?

I actually meant to say 1/2 mile east.  I wonder too.  Now I drove my truck around to the north side by the small building just east of the bridge, and the amount of garbage was disgusting.  I'm sure I could have filled the back of my truck, but that was the only place I saw any volume of garbage.
JackL
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2007, 12:05:19 PM »

I actually meant to say 1/2 mile east.  I wonder too.  Now I drove my truck around to the north side by the small building just east of the bridge, and the amount of garbage was disgusting.  I'm sure I could have filled the back of my truck, but that was the only place I saw any volume of garbage.

I have always run the far west/north end, until recently when I have been going south over from the parking lot. I guess I don't see much garbage because I ride the swamp and forest, not the gravel parking lot.
If it doesn't rain soon, the south swamp side will be filled with garbage from the guys who can't normally get out there....

backinsaddle

« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2007, 12:52:50 PM »

one of these days i'll learn my directions...that's WEST of the parking spot, not south, not east like i said.  The place I mentioned with the garbage, I'm assuming it's from kids partying on the weekend, because I've never seen anyone park over there with quads/dirtbikes.
JackL
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2007, 01:10:12 PM »

one of these days i'll learn my directions...that's WEST of the parking spot, not south, not east like i said.  The place I mentioned with the garbage, I'm assuming it's from kids partying on the weekend, because I've never seen anyone park over there with quads/dirtbikes.

I knew where you were talking about. All the cool people pick a utility line parking place to keep your truck from getting peppered with gravel...and yeah, you don't see too many quad riders with glass bottles like the piles you see there.
I tried that years ago and found drinking from the cooler drain through a strainer blows. Smiley

What the heck, we ATV riders take the heat for everything anyway. Whats a little more. I'll bet we are the cause of global warming...Smiley

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com