Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Requirements to ride in the Ocala National Forest  (Read 38983 times)
GrizzlyBear
Supreme Member

ONFA President, Florida OHV Rec Committee Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« on: April 06, 2007, 01:14:49 PM »

the USFS now is requiring that you have your green sticker on your atv and carry a photocopy of your registration and a copy of a picture I.D. with you when you ride.  While the sticker says you have registered it, it does not prove that you are the owner, the copy of the registration does.  A copy of the title will also work.  Out of state riders should have the same thing, or if the state is a non title state, a copy of the bill of sale to prove ownership.  All riders over 16 should have a photocopy of a picture I.D..  Of course, the original will do,  but in all cases, as people say they are not carrying it for fear of losing it, thay will accept the photocopy.

Here are links as provided to me my Sewards:

ere are two links one for decal the other for titling.

Decal: http://www.hsmv.state.fl.us/html/OHVGuide.pdf

Titling: http://www.floridatrailriders.org/OHV_Title_procedures.pdf

ONF OHV Link: http://www.fs.fed.us/r8/florida/recreation/oca-OHV/index_OHV.shtml
« Last Edit: June 02, 2007, 08:10:46 AM by GrizzlyBear » Logged

2006 Rhino Special Edition
2006 Grizzly 660
2003 Raptor 660 (son)
2003 Yamaha Kodiak

www.onfa.org
Tripyn

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2007, 04:55:38 PM »

Hey Grizz, what is the penalty if you DO NOT have this with you?  It is a fine, do they send you home, a warning?

KB

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2007, 07:15:29 PM »

Tripyn,
 last time I was there Delancey wants a sticker like a boat sticker on your rear fender.
Big Scrub was not as strict last time I was there but it's been a couple months.
GrizzlyBear
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2007, 08:24:33 AM »

They are giving warnings with you required to fax them proof within 14 days or they write a ticket.  This will change shortly.  It is the same everywhere in the Forest

2006 Grizzly 660
2003 Raptor 660 (son)
2003 Yamaha Kodiak

www.onfa.org
racemanfl

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2007, 08:34:06 AM »

Grizz  Can you still park by the power lines by Big Scrub?
Tripyn

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2007, 08:52:20 AM »

Thanks Grizzly-I was pass the word on to friends at work.
GrizzlyBear
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2007, 07:33:11 AM »

There are 3 parking areas along the power lines at Big Scrub.  They have porti potti's.  Park there.

2006 Grizzly 660
2003 Raptor 660 (son)
2003 Yamaha Kodiak

www.onfa.org
HondaATC

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2007, 04:55:24 PM »

Not anything you guys can do, but I thought it was interesting when I went in big scrub over the weekend that the 3 page flier they handed out with the rules did not have a single peep on it about having to have a registration sticky, or copy of the title on person. The last page did explain how to get a sticker or title from the DMV however.

1996 Laeger TRX250R
1985 CR500 powered ATC250R
1986 ATC250R
Stewards

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2007, 07:31:36 AM »

The picture ID is what ties everything together. Without that they have no way of knowing who you are. You would think they could use a database to list state registration numbers, with a name, and the only thing you would have to carry is a photo id. Much like the tag offices do.
sykolincoln
Supreme Member

save money on tires! ride a trike!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2007, 08:32:52 AM »

well Im from georgia and I got stoped one day last year and the ranger was an ass! ( i posted on this before) I had called ahead and found out that since im from a state that requires no registration all I had to have was a bill of sale and ID well... I had BOTH! and he was calling me a lair and saying that I still needed to have a registration, and I was like how the hell do you expect me to register if i dont live in the state?! he was like thats not my problem, it was an older guy with a grey beard/gotee just so you know. half the time I even wounder if the rangers know the rules.. and then sometimes they take them WAY to seriously, just this last weekend I was down there as we were coming out of a trail we came apon the powerlines and one of my group (younger kid) didnt know it was the power line, came out and went past those markers of were to ride by about 2 ft ACCIDDENTLY... he turned in and got back with the group. a ranger saw this and we took off (mind you we didnt think anything was wrong) she custs us off and tell us that we were in violation I was like WTF for?? she said that he went past the line I was like he came out of the trail not knowing were he was!! big friggin deal, why dont you go grab the idiots  doing donuts in the ROAD! and leave the kids alone! its starting to be the only way to have fun there is to get away from scrub and into the forest as fast as you can.

3 wheelers are like parapalegic girls....you know you want to ride it!

www.3wheelerworldforums.com

www.sponsorhouse.com/Members/SOUTHGACUSTOMS
jamesb18cjdm

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2007, 09:34:09 AM »

The picture ID is what ties everything together. Without that they have no way of knowing who you are. You would think they could use a database to list state registration numbers, with a name, and the only thing you would have to carry is a photo id. Much like the tag offices do.

I don't understand why we have to be inconvenienced when the solution is as simple as this.  I always carry my ID on me but to require me to have a copy of the registration just seems pointless since they know who owns it just by looking it up.  The copy of the registration could be falsified anyways just set up the database and you'll know for sure.  Spend some of our money your taking and do it already, and don't require it until you've done it right.

07' Raptor 700R
06' F250
03' R6
94' Integra RS
HondaATC

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2007, 02:13:46 PM »

Its just another thing to make it more difficult for us to go and ride there, and to get frustrated with it to the point that no one goes anymore. Its working pretty good on me.

1996 Laeger TRX250R
1985 CR500 powered ATC250R
1986 ATC250R
ScooterB

Trying Not to Offend Anyone and Failing

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2007, 02:42:56 PM »

When I go out in my boat I have all the required documents.

Why should it be any different for my quad.

As long as the public is informed of the documents required

06 Honda Rancher 350ES 
10 KTM 200 XCW
01 KX 125
FTR # 63C SSR-C
Certified ASI ATV Safety Instructor
SADRA
NPORA
LeBlanc Outdoors

« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2007, 08:04:47 PM »

It's simple on your boat you are required by Fl Statute.  In ONF you are bound by internal fed and state agency internal regulation, promulgated by whatever wild hair someone has across their XXX, in an effort to make your ability to ride your ATV more difficult.   Look at what they did at Picayune Strand, every time Forestry stepped forward to allow access, FWC under empowerment of Federal regulations stripped it away to bring forth their goal from the start, COMPLETE CLOSURE.  They were successful there, and are getting close @ ONF.
Stewards

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2007, 09:22:05 PM »

Scooter - The question is is everyone informed, not just the public is everyone on the same page?? When the ONF goes to a sticker for riding that is another sticker you will have to place on the bike or something else you will have to carry with you.

Simple solution - all stickers should be renewed when you renew your license, and the sticker should be placed on your license. The quad is registered your carrying one license and everyone should be happy.
KB

« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2007, 07:08:18 AM »

Bounty's right, most of ONF has been closed. (Foot traffic Only)
NPRVinson

« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2007, 07:00:07 PM »

I didn't think I would ever say it but I doubt I will go back to ONF. We went today and rode part of the trail system at the north end. It pretty much sucked. I saw no hint of trail grooming, some very dangerous areas for two way traffic (blind corners on 5' wide trails), and now have to buy a sticker. Maybe when of if more trails are opened it might be ok. It's sad I been doing to ONF for over 30 years and now it's to the point where I don't care to go back.
shawnley1222

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2008, 12:18:26 AM »

UTV's dont need to be registered correct?

07 Rhino With Lots Of Goodies!

FL SxS Riders
http://flsxsriders.forumotion.com/
wheelie_boy
Supreme Member

Its Fast

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2008, 10:18:50 AM »

I am a little confused...  The green sticker we get from the title place?  My atvs are already titled however I do not have a green sticker.. How do I get one?

05 kx 250f
palatkat

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2008, 11:28:29 AM »

take your title with you to your local tag office or tax collector and ask for an OHV(off highway vehicle) sticker
Waterfreak66

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2008, 09:14:23 AM »

Does anyone know if you have a bike like my BF750 w/a back seat w/back rest and passenger pedals, will they let my wife ride passenger and would she have to pay an operator fee.  Pic of bike is:

* DSC02298.JPG (14.46 KB, 160x120 - viewed 2939 times.)

* DSC02299(2).JPG (38.69 KB, 314x235 - viewed 3208 times.)
« Last Edit: March 23, 2008, 09:17:20 AM by Waterfreak66 » Logged

08 Brute Force 750:
14" ITP Black SS112's
30" Silverbacks
SSATV 2" Lift
HL Springs
1.5" Spacers
Sway Bar Gone
MIMB Center Snorkels
3500 LB Venom Winch
Bison F & R Brush Guards & Pass. Pegs
Muzzy Pipes
Tamarak Titan Cargo Box
Rad Relo
"Waterfreak" Floats
KEB
tekhanto

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2008, 10:26:42 AM »

I think IF it was originally made for 2 ok      if not NO

You don't stop riding because you get OLD................... You get OLD because you STOP RIDING.

&
Waterfreak66

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2008, 10:30:10 AM »

Not originally made for 2.

08 Brute Force 750:
14" ITP Black SS112's
30" Silverbacks
SSATV 2" Lift
HL Springs
1.5" Spacers
Sway Bar Gone
MIMB Center Snorkels
3500 LB Venom Winch
Bison F & R Brush Guards & Pass. Pegs
Muzzy Pipes
Tamarak Titan Cargo Box
Rad Relo
"Waterfreak" Floats
KEB
stgsali
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2008, 02:29:57 PM »

Do you know if a tagged for the street, dual sported XR650R, needs one of those little greenies? Taking all the fun out of riding off-road.

Photographs, Number-plate designs, Logos

Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.
GrizzlyGator

« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2008, 02:47:31 PM »

Do you know if a tagged for the street, dual sported XR650R, needs one of those little greenies? Taking all the fun out of riding off-road.

I have no earthly idea but I'm gonna guess since it's tagged then its registered and then you can prove ownership etc....i would say no green sticker......IMHO  Grin
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com