Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ATV Rally  (Read 12426 times)
bigscrub79
Supreme Member

I'm a Florida Mud Rider!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2007, 11:25:50 PM »

Your meetings won't be secret from USFS. Ignoring whom board members are friendly with will lead to problems.

I dont understand why you keep bringing this up. Who cares if they know? Also with the FL ATV Association is a non-profit orginization, and unless I am mistakin the minutes from the board meeting are public so the USFS will be able to view them anyway. Oh yeah and be an adult and call out the person you are talking about. Terry is a big boy and I am sure he can handle it. I have met him and riden with him and know that he is dedicated to our cause. I have met and riden with several from the board, and have seen the veiws of others on different forums. I dont agree with what everyone believes in, but I do know they are dedicated to the fight for land. I have been told you are all about fighting for us also, I believe the info because of who said it. I just dont get why you say you are with us but then try and attack our motives and members. I am not mad at you and hold my opinion of you until I meet you. Just understand there has been lots of work from many people and you seem to attack us, so we attack back. I know its the internet and it is impossible to tell the tone of your comments. When we started jumping on you, you should have tried to better communicate your point. We need everyone we can get, but we dont need people who are fighting with us at every point in this mission.

Inyourdraft2000

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2007, 01:06:37 AM »

WOW Bro, Somebody Please get me a drink already

[attachment deleted by admin]

sbripple

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2007, 05:44:14 AM »

you guys are funny.I am crackin up at this whole dialog.I think I will go to underhills and ride,huh? there was a rally?
crom A zone
Supreme Member

you all wish you where me

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2007, 07:16:59 AM »

i no this is off topic, but i been gone for awhile where is the rally and what is it for?

2008 brute force 750

30inch itp mulite xxl on ss108s
rad reloated and mimb snorkles
gold/red epi clutch springs
hl springs and extream 2inch lift
gearhead400
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: April 06, 2007, 07:34:25 AM »

http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php/board,46.0.html

Bury your fear, and hold fast to life!!

Mansfield
       Feeling generous?
Support/Sponsor me =] via paypal
  gearhead400ex@hotmail.com
Paul_S
Supreme Member

FloridaMotoplex.com

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2007, 08:33:28 AM »

you guys are funny.I am crackin up at this whole dialog.I think I will go to underhills and ride,huh? there was a rally?
Grin I agree it is pretty ridiculous, but people are always going to think they know what is best for everyone else.  We should be like ONFA and just ignore the naysayers, accepting the fact that the majority of people are intelligent enough to make their own choice regarding joining or not, but it is hard to because every time a thread like this starts up, the number of people joining up goes through the roof.  Wink
lswjth2
Supreme Member

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: April 06, 2007, 09:03:05 AM »

I need to jump in and say my peace since I am on the board and I defend and represent this association and all it's members. We are not perfect, but we are dedicated. We don't have all the answers, but  we will search for them.You may say "you will fail", but at least we are trying.As far back as I can remember we have wanted to do something like this but it has never been done, and now that's it's the start of something greater, we have people that don't like it. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and views, and this is what sets us apart from the rest of the world.I personally went from being a "whiner and complainer" until my wife one day told me" I'm tired of hearing you complain, get off your ass and do something about it or shut up". That's the God Honest truth. I did not know where to start,so i started here and I thank all of those that have helped and continue to help along the way. We have gone pretty far in a small amount of time since Paul_S officially started the association, but it takes everyone to be successful. Mr Bones let's us post in here,he's a TEAM player, thank you Mr. Bones. If you believe you will succeed, you will, if you believe you will fail, you will. There's nothing worse in life then not trying.Lastly on a personal note, here's why I joined and I fight. I have nothing but respect for ALL the board members, we come from different professions, different economic spectrums,different beliefs, different hobies, and so on, but we have one common belief that does and will never waive, and that's our belief in opening and keeping open public lands not so that you can ride, but so that your great, great grand kids can ride.The train has left the station, you can get on it and ride it until it's destination, or you can sit on the sidelines and throw rocks at it, now matter how many rocks you throw, it's not stopping.Your Choice........

Rick Varela
Board Member
Florida Atv Association

sbripple

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: April 06, 2007, 01:35:02 PM »

I think we should get enough atv's together and drive down the interstate highway like we own it,oh yeah we do.No helmets ,two up, and move this party to a very large holding area,then get a day in court.This rally has the feeling of big kiss on the politicians poopers.
lisa

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: April 06, 2007, 02:33:19 PM »

Rick, you go for it! I know you will do good things and try to keep them on the right path! Your a great guy, and thank your wife for me, I wouldn't have known you if she hadn't said those words!

In His Hands,
Lisa
In the beginning of a change the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot.
Mark Twain - Notebook, 1904
dnigels

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: April 06, 2007, 02:51:13 PM »

Now we're talking! Kiss

All aboard! Smiley

Let's roll! Wink

'06 Yamaha 350 Wolverine
'06 Yamaha PW80
'07 Chevy Silverado 1500 Ext.cab
duroc825
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: April 07, 2007, 09:54:39 AM »

Angry God I hope you're not serious! Huh

I think we should get enough atv's together and drive down the interstate highway like we own it,oh yeah we do.No helmets ,two up, and move this party to a very large holding area,then get a day in court.This rally has the feeling of big kiss on the politicians poopers.
offroadjunkee

« Reply #36 on: April 07, 2007, 10:00:42 PM »

It may be just to raise a voice against the change but the fact of the matter still remains that the land in question is gov't land and they will do with it as they please. All the interest in the land is only going to make them push harder against you. The bombing range is on the land in question so whatever you think you will accomplish with ONF is pretty slim at this point. There is no way it will go back to what it was. Too many people ruined it by running off with people's stuff so they had to lock it down tighter. (for one).

The only reason it was ever good was when the interest wasn't near as strong as it is now. We are better off getting land at River Ranch or unfortunately trespassing at this point because most of the "free" "open" riding land is being taken away, regulated or sucked up by construction.

I hate to be like this but it is straight forward.

Walmart recently purchased land in Tarpon and locked it down. Shortly before that lots of people rode on it and then, ironically enough, the people around the lot in that area (including one's with ATV's) started calling to complain about the noise and the cops were constantly out there kicking people off the land citing public nuisance and noise ordnance yada yada yada, this would clear the land and then the locals would go back to riding on it. Funny enough if the wealthier people with the bigger houses would have kept their mouths shut their kids would still be riding there... oh wait... they ride a little further east of there now....

So nothing changes there. There are new spots to ride until they become too popular and then the interest in the area shuts down the spot. Then it is sold and developed.

Now environmentalists have stepped in to say that Walmart is going to kill the precious tortoise's on the property
HA HA HA!

Damn... Always about the interest. With Walmarts money that wont be an issue anymore.... The change is coming...

On a positive note I can say this rally did prove the point that people from all walks do enjoy ATV's and the outdoors. Maybe that in itself will be enough to keep a few areas open.
MedicMudder
Supreme Member

USMC...OOOO RHAA !!!!!!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: April 07, 2007, 10:23:18 PM »

It was said one time: "The only people that do nothing wrong are those who do nothing at all" ....  So lets do something
     LETS ALL GO TO THE RALLY!!!!!  AND HAVE FUN,BE HEARD,SEEN,RECONIZED FOR WHO WE ARE!!!!

Never forget 343.
2004 500 SPM
 My son is a United States  Marine. SmileySmiley Semper Fidelis.
 Proud member of the Mudd Butt Mafia
    VAMPIRES SUCK BLOOD TO LIVE, POLITICIANS DO IT CUZ THE ENJOY IT!!!!!!
sbripple

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: April 08, 2007, 09:52:17 AM »

no
Anoriginal

« Reply #39 on: April 09, 2007, 08:47:05 AM »

Lisa:

Lets set some things straight for you once and for all.

1. You've never been supportive of this rally. From your very first post on this issue you've been negative, unsupportive and critical of our actions. However, you lack the credentials to do so.

2. You say you have a low opinion of the board, yet you don't know most of us and can give no reason for your opinion.  Why? is it because we're doing a better job than you can do? I've seen your past work and your current work. You're not exactly one around who the troops rally. As far as your discussions with your "friends", it makes no difference. If you and your friends don't like us, so be it. It's a shame though, we're doing the best we can.

3. You speak in cloak and dagger terminology relative to "spies" on the board and the USFS being the enemy. As someone who does know A LOT about lobbying, I find your comments the product of either: (a) ignorance; or (b) sour grapes. I've lobbied and work with the USFS in the past and had great results.

4. You make a big hoopla about how hard you worked on the Babcock matter yet you can't seem to get it through your head that it was never going to be an ORV accessible property. When the owner built the anti ORV language into the purchase terms, that sealed the deal. It was never negotiated and was one of the single most contentious points from the seller's camp. It doesn't take a real estate attorney to figure that one out (oh, and by the way, I'm a trial attorney, not a real estate attorney), anyone with any real involvement in the Babcock matter should have known this one. In the end, it has ZERO to do with the rally.

5.  You've offerred absolutely no constructive suggestions, comments or criticism. Rather, you blow your own horn about holding back on your own organization as if you were cabable of stealing everyone's thunder. Gee, thanks. What's your motivation? You're complete mind set is hostile.

6.  You have an overly high opinion of yourself with absolutely no justification for the same. You actually wanted ATVFlorida to pay you to be a full time lobbyist yet you lack the ability to engage in any dialogue that: (a) demonstrates a viable position; (b) paint's your position in a positive light; (c) offers fruitful alternatives/suggestions/criticism; or (d) backs up any of your comments with fact. Your sovereign attitude and zero give stance is counter productive to say the least. Stop and take a look at what you've done here. You've turned numerous people against you. How can you honestly believe you're an effective leader and/or lobbyist? Get over yourself.

7.  You've made ever attempt to belittle this organization, it's efforts, it's members, it's goals, it's methods and it's hopes. from your posts, you'd paint us as a bunch of idiots that have no experience in this type of thing and who are destined to fail. Obviously you really do not have any clue about the board members, our past and what we have and can accomplish. So much for your so called checking us out. Quite frankly, we don't need someone like you. Why would we want you? You've shown us that your openly hostile to us and haven't offerred anything. You're not as big a deal as you wish you were. You've not accomplished anything here except to alienate yourself from the rest of us.  We don't want and certainly don't need someone like you bringing us down.

In the end, I am not sure what your problem is. The single item you've accomplished in your posts is to damage yourself. You are not effective as a lobbyist. It's plain from the fact that in all your ramblings you've been unable to rationally communicate a single constructive alternative point of view. Your ability to make an impact is certain though. Unfortunately, that impact is a negative one that does nothing for the rest of us and our sport and even less for you. That's why we are so intent on responding to your negativity.

We will always be faced with individuals like you who, while claiming to be a part of the solution, are part of the problem. The manner in which we deal with people like you will set the tone for how we handle the rest of those who would stand in our way of making progress toward accessing more land. Many many folks will come along just like you. You talk as if you're interested in helping yet you speak out of both sides of your mouth and criticize us in the same breath. We back up our goals with action, fact, no innuendo, no cloak and dagger comments and a willingness to work with any person or organization that can help.

Get over yourself, your garbage pile isn't that big. I for one am sick and tired of your attitude, lack of class and inability to do anything other than blow negativity on the rest of us.

In the mean time, I'm looking forward to the rally. No matter how it goes, it will be a good thing. We're bringing attention to our sport as a whole and the need we have for additional access to lands, both public and private. If we end up opening just one more location for us to ride, no matter how small, we've won.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2007, 08:58:05 AM by Anoriginal » Logged
Inyourdraft2000

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: April 09, 2007, 03:30:13 PM »

I dont know you but I hope you were drunk when you made these comments......... Huh

Asphaltdragon
Supreme Member

Florida Atv Rally Sponsor

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: April 09, 2007, 04:48:35 PM »

Shocked

Yellow '02 Honda 400 EX +ATP
Yellow '01 Bombardier Traxter XT
Orange '02 DS 650 Baja
BIGWORM3699 ( ECP RACING)
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: April 09, 2007, 06:21:39 PM »

Shocked

East Coast Performance Mini Quad is your
Official Apex and DRR mini quad dealer, For your mini quad performance parts and tuning needs.
2013 polaris ranger camo
KINGQUAD, 29.5 outlaws,snorkled,rad. relocate, clutch mod.
APEX, stage6 RT 70, elka,mallosi overrange,PVL ign.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com