Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ATVFLORIDA, YOU NEED TO STEP UP!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 4550 times)
lswjth2
Supreme Member

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« on: March 25, 2007, 08:39:56 PM »

This is for ALL the members of this site. We have over 5,000 registered users and while I know that not all are active, It seems like it's always the same few people doing the work for the rest of us. We have a lot of momentum building up to our rally on May19th. If you really care about riding your atv, if you care about your children being able to ride when they are older, you need to step up and be counted. This Rally will be a launching pad for what lays ahead, and while it will not be an easy road, it's better to fight and lose than to not fight at all. It seems like ATVFlORIDA.COM is the largest atv website in the state, but also the one with the least participation. This is not meant to beat on those that do get involved, but is to let the other one's know that we all need your help. I hope this touches a nerve and motivates people to become more involved. I used to complain all the time about the closure's of the areas and how it was all BS,etc. One day my wife told me," I am tired of you bitching, do something about it or shut up". Well that's how I became involved, and it has been a team effort along the way, and it will continue to be a team effort. I went from bitching in my couch, to having a meeting on Wednesday with the Head of USFWS concerning ATV riding in the Picayune. We are bigger in numbers than the environuts, we contribute more to the economy than they do, the only difference is that scream louder,until now. Once we ban together and win a couple of lawsuits, we will be a force to be reckoned with, again as a team. What is it worth to you to have a legal riding area,not for you, but for your kids??It's your call, you can stand up and be heard and be counted, or you can stick your head in the sand and hope you don't 'get hit.I rather go down fighting, NEVER GIVE UP.....Rick

qt314nfla

« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2007, 08:44:18 PM »

Very well said Rick. Thumbs Up
1FasterBlaster

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2007, 08:51:53 PM »

I try to make a presence at a gathering.Especially one this big.Anyone who doesn't show will be missing out on more than just a one time event.This is the time to show your worth,meet new people and make friends.But the the most important, is to find out where our future is going.
   I wish too that more members would show face.I was shocked when I saw the list of members...where is everybody?
Inyourdraft2000

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2007, 09:58:29 PM »

Good Topic,
I have to say for the first time in a very long time I am truly excited about this event.
When I talk to people which is every day about the Rally I find myself in a true comfort zone.
I am in sales w/ the company I work for and sometimes customers blind side you w/ a weird question that I dont have  a solid answere for and I hate that feeling.

When I promote this Rally w/ people they are getting real heart and enthusiasm. I pass these flyers out like a Jahova witness passing out Scripture. If we get our group to have just 1/2 a heart for this we will conquer. No one needs to sit back and say Well the next guy has covered enough ground, nothing I can add. {{{WRONG}}} I dropped 20 flyers at my favorite gas station and the lady at first didn't want to have them on the counter so I ask could I tape them to the gas pumps and she said that it was against their policy to have any soliciting on the pumps. So I was kind of teasing her when I explained how many people fill up their 4 wheelers and dirt bikes w/ their gas when she siad ok. I told her that it was only 20 flyers and that I really need her help getting this info out to these guys getting gas.
I will be back for more gas around Wednesday and hopefully can drop another 20.

I thought about putting them on all the windsheilds in the parking lot at Walmart but have not made up my mind If I wanna risk that yet.

I am getting ready to graffiti up my back window on my Jeep w/ some ATV RALLY info for the trip to Croom this week plus driving down the road it will get some good publicity in POLK county,,,lmbo...

Step up is not a large request guys/ gals, every chance you can verbalize this helps, If you have the means to pass out flyers thats is great, I just made 100 copies of the flyer at STAPLES for only 6 bucks and it was fast......You would be amazed how many people ride 4 wheelers and Dirtbikes that are standing behind a counter that would love to hear about the Rally and would not question having 50 flyers on the counter.
Have you seen the NASCAR commercials "How BAd do you Got it", Lets take it and run w/ it for our Sport.....So I ask you, how bad do you have it....When We win this you can say to your grand kids in years to come that you were a pioneer who made it happen.....
ATV RALLY= All Terain Vehicles Riding all Year

1FasterBlaster

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2007, 12:13:09 AM »

I was in the front of my house working on my quad , when my mail lady walked up and told me her whole family has quads.Of course, she signed onto ATVFlorida and is coming to the rally.
    Everyone I see even with a fox sticker or some other dirt sticker on their truck,I ask if they know about it.
   My only issue is, bring my little one with her quad and putt putt, or just bring mine so I can ride.She's not very good on hers.
lswjth2
Supreme Member

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2007, 06:54:16 AM »

Thxs Bounty. I'm with you all the way. We need more people like you from this site to join in the fight. Starting from the moderators to the new guest. I applaud you and thank you for your efforts.Together, we can move mountains, alone we are defeated......
dreth

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2007, 07:46:25 AM »

I was in the front of my house working on my quad , when my mail lady walked up and told me her whole family has quads.Of course, she signed onto ATVFlorida and is coming to the rally.
    Everyone I see even with a fox sticker or some other dirt sticker on their truck,I ask if they know about it.
   My only issue is, bring my little one with her quad and putt putt, or just bring mine so I can ride.She's not very good on hers.

well remember that his event is not about the ride, so let the kids putput.
VForcedave
Supreme Member

V TWIN FOR THE WIN.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2007, 12:29:35 PM »

I think a large part of this site is the age of a large portion of the members. Several are younger and can not for what ever reason attend. No liscense, no transportation, no permision etc. The rest have no excuse.

2004 Kaw Vforce 700 twin. Mine
2005 Honda Rancher 350 Kev Mans
2002 Yamaha 80 Raptor Kev Mans
2000 Jeep Wrangler 4" lift, 33's, winched
1988 Harley FXRP Dropped and chopped
2003 Chevy Duramax 100+K and still cruising. 18mpg.
qt314nfla

« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2007, 01:49:14 PM »

I think a large part of this site is the age of a large portion of the members. Several are younger and can not for what ever reason attend. No liscense, no transportation, no permision etc. The rest have no excuse.

It would be nice to sort of sponsor these kids w/o transportation.  If there are members of the site that can't attend for financial reasons or others lets see what we can do to help them make it.
Chuck_Norris

« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2007, 03:36:53 PM »

It would be nice to sort of sponsor these kids w/o transportation.  If there are members of the site that can't attend for financial reasons or others lets see what we can do to help them make it.

Provided I have room I can let someone tag along with me.
qt314nfla

« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2007, 06:53:30 PM »

If we can get ppl that need rides to post on a thread then we can get volunteers from that area.  I have room in my truck but if you want to take a quad you'll need a trailer.  I'm in Sarasota.
1FasterBlaster

« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2007, 07:34:37 PM »

I have a friend with a trailer big enough to haul five or six.
Thrumud
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2007, 08:28:12 PM »

I got four people just in my neighborhood to join us.  That easy ! 

Kids get your parents to take you to the rally ! 

btw - great topic !

Thrumud
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2007, 12:04:11 AM »

Bump'n it

JackL
Supreme Member

A enemy generally says and believes what he wishes

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2007, 11:40:11 AM »

This is for ALL the members of this site. We have over 5,000 registered users and while I know that not all are active, It seems like it's always the same few people doing the work for the rest of us. We have a lot of momentum building up to our rally on May19th. If you really care about riding your atv, if you care about your children being able to ride when they are older, you need to step up and be counted. This Rally will be a launching pad for what lays ahead, and while it will not be an easy road, it's better to fight and lose than to not fight at all. It seems like ATVFlORIDA.COM is the largest atv website in the state, but also the one with the least participation. This is not meant to beat on those that do get involved, but is to let the other one's know that we all need your help. I hope this touches a nerve and motivates people to become more involved. I used to complain all the time about the closure's of the areas and how it was all BS,etc. One day my wife told me," I am tired of you bitching, do something about it or shut up". Well that's how I became involved, and it has been a team effort along the way, and it will continue to be a team effort. I went from bitching in my couch, to having a meeting on Wednesday with the Head of USFWS concerning ATV riding in the Picayune. We are bigger in numbers than the environuts, we contribute more to the economy than they do, the only difference is that scream louder,until now. Once we ban together and win a couple of lawsuits, we will be a force to be reckoned with, again as a team. What is it worth to you to have a legal riding area,not for you, but for your kids??It's your call, you can stand up and be heard and be counted, or you can stick your head in the sand and hope you don't 'get hit.I rather go down fighting, NEVER GIVE UP.....Rick

This is such an inspiring post, I felt it should goto the top again.
I should block your posts, because nearly everyone I read makes
me want or need to drive a million miles, or feel bad for sitting back
and just hoping everything turns out OK.

This is the first event I have been excited about in a while.

The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can’t do.
Inyourdraft2000

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2007, 12:01:08 PM »

JackL, have you ever been to Disney World, Universal Studios, or Busch Gardens......You will spend alot less money at the Rally and it will yield a much Higher return for years to come, we are the pioneers for whats ahead of us.....
We all understand if a person can not make it for all the many differant reason, but If you pass out flyers and don't make the Rally yu still had a part in this event so don't get down, Smile and pass out another flyer.....YeeeeHaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: March 28, 2007, 12:06:42 PM by Inyourdraft2000 » Logged

JackL
Supreme Member

A enemy generally says and believes what he wishes

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2007, 12:27:37 PM »

JackL, have you ever been to Disney World, Universal Studios, or Busch Gardens......You will spend alot less money at the Rally and it will yield a much Higher return for years to come, we are the pioneers for whats ahead of us.....
We all understand if a person can not make it for all the many differant reason, but If you pass out flyers and don't make the Rally yu still had a part in this event so don't get down, Smile and pass out another flyer.....YeeeeHaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hear you man, I'll be there if I have to walk.

As a matter of fact, I am going to print out the flyer and go over to the print shop shortly and get 200 run off.

The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can’t do.
Inyourdraft2000

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2007, 12:39:56 PM »

cool deal, Not sure what your print shop charges but I just had another 100 printed for around $6.00 at Staples....Just an FYI if you need it.......ttyl

dreth

« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2007, 08:02:06 PM »

we can make history
BIGWORM3699 ( ECP RACING)
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2007, 08:27:50 PM »

Im bringing as many mini riders that I can find. It would look really cool to have them in a parade for the film crews.  The little ones live for this stuff.

This is how its done have a old van and drive through the sub divisons with circus music playing and advertise free candy.  (Just kidding). Wink

East Coast Performance Mini Quad is your
Official Apex and DRR mini quad dealer, For your mini quad performance parts and tuning needs.
2013 polaris ranger camo
KINGQUAD, 29.5 outlaws,snorkled,rad. relocate, clutch mod.
APEX, stage6 RT 70, elka,mallosi overrange,PVL ign.
dreth

« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2007, 10:45:36 PM »

Wink
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com