Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Brannenfield Rd. info  (Read 4547 times)
bugdust

I'm just here.

View Profile

Ignore
« on: March 19, 2005, 07:37:56 PM »

I was talking to a friend of mine that is a civil engineeer for Clay county. He told me the spot on Brannenfield where we've been riding is NOT the proposed site for the super walmart. He said the walmart is proposed for the land across the street, behind the police station. He went on to tell me the biggest concern is the drainage and told me some of the details to that. Anyway... where we've been riding is owned by an investment group and is still for sale. It has been rezoned for high-density housing within the last few years.

Just a little info.

2007 400ex
2001 300ex (son's)
2009 trx90 (son's)
1985 Honda Odyssey FL350
2007 Jeep Wrangler

a yard full of old VWs - always buying more if you know of any

I'm into old VWs too. ( I buy parts & projects)
SECCRS

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2005, 07:12:02 AM »

Well I know where the Walmart is suppose to go but I am not sure where you are riding. If you could help me out, I need a place close to me to ride. I just live in Argyle.
jbbj220

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2005, 11:49:23 AM »

Not a very big place to ride and with all the rain lately it will be real muddy. It is off of Brannen-Field Rd between Blanding Blvd. and Old Jennings Rd. South on Blanding till you come to Brannen-Field Rd., turn right and then turn into spot to the right. Have fun.

you don't stop rideing because you get old, you get old because you stop rideing
jaxatvrider

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2005, 07:32:06 PM »

this spot is only 2 miles from my house its not very big and it is very very muddy and wet at the moment. if you have utility and you like mud then it would be a nice place to play in the mud... when it is dry its fun for couple hours for sport quads. i ride a honda 450r so now that is is muddy i dont bother going.
and i have been there about 6 times and i have yet to have anyone say anything to me.

shawn
SECCRS

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2005, 04:47:10 AM »

Ok I found the place you guys are talking about. And I have heard 2 different locations for the Walmart. I have heard that it would be at that location and also heard it would be closer to Oak Leaf Plantation.

Anyone know what they are fencing in witht he 10ft fence all the way along Brannenfield Rd. It goes from Old Jennings now for about 5-6 miles.
BIGWORM3699 ( ECP RACING)
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2005, 07:58:57 PM »

Hey jax were you live in the burg?

East Coast Performance Mini Quad is your
Official Apex and DRR mini quad dealer, For your mini quad performance parts and tuning needs.
2013 polaris ranger camo
KINGQUAD, 29.5 outlaws,snorkled,rad. relocate, clutch mod.
APEX, stage6 RT 70, elka,mallosi overrange,PVL ign.
honda guy250

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2006, 01:13:07 PM »

hey guys i live off 218 west in middleburg. yall havent been getiing in trouble for riding over there?
just wondering...trying to find some new riding spots. have yall been to the track in st augustine yet?
autgrfan98

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2006, 01:41:13 PM »

I live a mile from Old Jennings and Brannen Field. The area your talking about is a cool little spot for the kids to get out and gain some experience. I would suspect that if we start riding it alot, the cops will show. They have put up the black retaining material along the portion off of Old Jennings. Last time I was going by and saw someone over there, it was 2 or 3 4x4 trucks rooting around. Evil

There are places to ride over there, but most are private property.  Wink

On another topic, I see a lot of trucks/trailers with quads heading down Blanding south toward Middleburg and HWY16. Where are they all going?
« Last Edit: April 04, 2006, 01:45:04 PM by autgrfan98 » Logged
honda guy250

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2006, 04:25:27 PM »

i live of 218 west also... but the place all those trucks are going may be a new...well sorta...spot i found a little while ago. they just built a new sub division on blanding a few miles before  you get to 16. its only a mile or so after Hall Boree and Santa Clara. Me and a friend stumbled upon it accidentally. The sub sivision backs up against the old "Double Gate Hunting Club". Theres a lot of trails out there and it s a fun place to ride, for both bikes and four wheelers, sport and ute.  On my first trip there, there were a few guys out there with a truck and trailer on a weekday and they said they ride out there all the time with no problems. the next time i was out there i ran into a guy and he said he worked for the guy that owns the land and he said he would let me ride the rest of the day but we werent supposed to be there. the only catch was he was on a rancher and he had a couple friends on some sport quads so im not sure if he was telling the truth or just trying to keep his riding spot low key so it wouldnt get imposed on. ive returned out there a couple times and havent seen anyone else but have seen numerous tracks. there is usually a bunch of little children playng in the sub division and they are all intrigued and acceptful of us being there....everyone parks in a vacant cleared area in the back of the sub division...i once asked a kid if we were allowed to be there and he said yea...there is also a cop that lives there and he has never once came out and said anything so i aaume he cool with it.
honda guy250

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2006, 04:28:41 PM »

there is also a nice little track in st augustine a few miles from the outback crab shack on 13 that i go to frequently if anyone is interested. its ten dolars for the day. its all decent table tops, somewhat sandy but not too bad. it was the first track ive ridden and i didnt have ne problems. i will be going sunday if anyone is interested. or i can give you directions if you would like. if bostwick is too much for you this place is perfect
autgrfan98

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2006, 05:11:50 PM »

there is also a nice little track in st augustine a few miles from the outback crab shack on 13 that i go to frequently if anyone is interested. its ten dolars for the day. its all decent table tops, somewhat sandy but not too bad. it was the first track ive ridden and i didnt have ne problems. i will be going sunday if anyone is interested. or i can give you directions if you would like. if bostwick is too much for you this place is perfect

Where on 13 is this track? I need somewhere to let my son get his first track lesson.  We might want to meet up on Sunday. Shoot me a pm.
bugdust

I'm just here.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2006, 05:56:45 PM »

Just reading this thread from the beginning...

Obviously, the new WalMart is going up and the land across the street where we used to ride, is going to be a Home Depot and an outdoor mall similar to the St. John's Center.

A friend of mine told me about the place near Blanding & 16. He said he went out there and it looked pretty cool. He lives off 215. It's not very big from what I heard and as fast as everything is growing around here I'm sure it won't be okay to ride there for long.

I just moved off 218 west myself (well, actually further out). I'm off BlueJay now, was off Dolphin.

2007 400ex
2001 300ex (son's)
2009 trx90 (son's)
1985 Honda Odyssey FL350
2007 Jeep Wrangler

a yard full of old VWs - always buying more if you know of any

I'm into old VWs too. ( I buy parts & projects)
honda guy250

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2006, 07:02:26 PM »

well its not big compared to ocala, but ive traveled most the land out there and i dont know how familiar you are with this area but it spans fom blanding over to 215 and all the way down to 16 so its a good chunk of land. mostly all old hunting roads. good place just to ride and have some fun, especially for family. the only concern is like you said the growing of the area but i think, and stress think, the land is privately owned and nothing should be built there soon. only problem would be if the land owner decides to stop people from riding.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com