Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Okechobee Praire question!!  (Read 5727 times)
jimmyt14

My brute will woop u!!

View Profile

Ignore
« on: March 22, 2007, 09:01:24 PM »

Might be going out their in the next week or so, is their ANY water out their.Have had the bugs for like a month and gettin a 07bf 750 in a day and wanna get them wettt.

07 Camo BRUTE FORCE 750, bi/tri claws on itp ss106's

00 trx 300 25'' bugs sittin on c series 4
wheels, audio pipe, snorkeled airbox and lines

99 foreman 450.SOLD!!!finally!!!
Joedirt
Supreme Member

I am a FloridaMud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2007, 08:46:57 AM »

If you were a land owner you would know the answer to that Question.

2005 Vinson 4x4
2003 Big Bear 4x4
2001 Prarie 4x4
1987 Dirty Dakota Mud truck on 35 inch Boggers
BigDog

Big Dogs do it BEST!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2007, 09:28:55 AM »

The officers stationed out there now wanted proof of ownership in the development, proof of registration of the bikes, titles to the bikes and even then we were told could only ride on property actually owned, not even on the dirt roads, as Okeechobee County has already opted out of the state law.  Another area bites the dust!

http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/6514/fmrsiggi3.jpg

I am a Florida Mud Rider........and PROUD of it!!
jimmyt14

My brute will woop u!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2007, 10:26:38 AM »

So just having permision from the land owner to ride out their aint enough anymore?
Man that sucks it was the closest place around to ride.I was out their after mudfest 06' and had no problems..

cheropride
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2007, 09:25:29 PM »

I heard the same thing, not a landowner, no go.  I also heard that sherrif office was hitting it hard out there. 

You know again, you, the same old story, I saw it coming.  Although we have not been there in awhile, friends have property there, what people were doing to the north end, it was just a matter of time.  I guess some people think it is okay to leave their trash behind, while others think it is okay to go blasting by people's house at 2 am.  While even others take the risk of riding 4-wheelers, and then when they do something stupid, say hey, I can sue and make some money.  So you can thank all the related above idiots for pretty much putting an end to that.....

Kawi-360 4WD/Camo
Honda 400
Polaris Ranger 700XP
jimmyt14

My brute will woop u!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2007, 07:48:05 PM »

Well I was out their today, no problems with cops or nothing.Their was prolly around 20 people out their.Barely any water but we found allitle to have fun in.VERY dusty.

Bleedsblue

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2007, 06:22:23 PM »

You were lucky then the sherrifs were out Saturday and where stopping everyone and even hauled a few ATVs away.

Bill

2008 Ford F-250, 8" Fabtech Lift, 38" Kumho MTs
2007 Yamaha Rhino 660, 27" Mudbugs
Mudneck
" It's a State of Mind "
Supreme Member

****FMR****

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2007, 08:05:03 AM »

$359 later (trespass non moving violation)I got my ticket & ATV impounded saturday. I was visiting a buddy whos mom owned land.......Not an owner dont go...Now I gotta go pick it up & pay recker service too!

jimmyt14

My brute will woop u!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2007, 06:52:28 PM »

I dont get it.Every time I ride out their I have no problems...what area do you ride at?We parked at an area called ''poker run''.

cheropride
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2007, 09:12:54 PM »

We used to go out there alot too, but we don't really anymore.  The last time had to be almost a year ago, and we met up w/the sheriff and he specificaly told us that it things were really going to change out there.  Several things had been going on, the last thing was that someone was riding what some call catfish hole, others call redneck beach, and they got hurt.  So then they were suing the Coquinas Water Mgmt District.  That was pretty much the nail in coffin.  The Sheriff also mentioned that many owners had complained about people driving up down the roads all hours of the night, for people do live out there.  And of course, the trash always left behind at the north-end.  That same weekend we ran into the Game Warden twice.  Also, the Sheriff was waiting at the on the paved road for any riders that came out.  They were pulling them over, looking for proof of ownership, ATV Registeration, DUI, ect, (you name it), the were looking for it.  So you just got lucky, that's all.

Since are ATVs where registered, and we where with actual property owners, they were very nice.  But we were basically told, that it was being shutdown.

Well, that was sometime ago, and I hear now that it has come to pass.  The old saying is just because you have not had any problems, well it probably means you have just been lucky.  For what I saw that weekend, the law was really tight out there, and yes they will take your ride, and yes they will fine you.  So just take it as you have been warned.  It is a shame, cause there was some really nice riding in the Northend.  But I don't need the hassle, even though we are very considerate riders.  Again, that nit-wits ruined it for everyone else...

Kawi-360 4WD/Camo
Honda 400
Polaris Ranger 700XP
Bigscrb15
Supreme Member

I'm a Florida Mud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2007, 09:48:14 PM »

I dont get it.Every time I ride out their I have no problems...what area do you ride at?We parked at an area called ''poker run''.

yeah, go ride illegally in an area that people live, your gonna get your bike impounded like my buddy did.  wacker, how much did the wrecker bill end up?

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
jimmyt14

My brute will woop u!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2007, 04:08:04 PM »

You don't have to be such an not a very nice person about it.Whenever I'm out their I keep speed/noise down and always pick up after myself.The area where we ride we have no problems and no one else does either.If you have somthing negative to say keep it to yourself.And its not illegal we have permission from the land owner and he was with us at the time.

Mudneck
" It's a State of Mind "
Supreme Member

****FMR****

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2007, 04:16:10 PM »

Good luck $135 tow co. Im done its not worth it. Sad

Bleedsblue

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2007, 06:56:22 PM »

You don't have to be such an not a very nice person about it.Whenever I'm out their I keep speed/noise down and always pick up after myself.The area where we ride we have no problems and no one else does either.If you have somthing negative to say keep it to yourself.And its not illegal we have permission from the land owner and he was with us at the time.

Actually it's illegal to operate an ATV on any property out there other than the property you own. Okeechobee opted out on the ATV law just like most countys have. The cops are out there so just because you haven't run into them doesn't mean they aren't there it just means you've been lucky so far. Most of my friends bought property elsewhere for riding.

Bill

2008 Ford F-250, 8" Fabtech Lift, 38" Kumho MTs
2007 Yamaha Rhino 660, 27" Mudbugs
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com