Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Big Cypress  (Read 24818 times)
450R_Matt
Supreme Member

TRX 250R #18

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2005, 10:14:14 AM »

Anorignal, Im not mad i was just reading some more about BC because I might want to ride out there one day and what do I read? More of the same tone that you allways have. How all other atv riders are the ones ruining it for the Buggy owners and messing up the land and trails so on and so forth. No flaming . All atv riders are the  [smiley=EvilSmile.gif]and the buggy riders are all  [smiley=angel.gif]   Sorry if I miss your point. I guess I was cornfused by your facts.  You better get out there and try to stop them people your self because telling your story here will only make you  [smiley=banghead.gif]  
« Last Edit: March 09, 2005, 10:16:48 AM by 1fast250r » Logged

Proud to still own one of the badest quads ever built
               The Honda TRX250R
Got rid of the 4 poke and resurrected another dinosaur
Anoriginal

« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2005, 11:57:17 AM »

1fast:

Please don't misquote me. I've never said the ATV riders are ruining it for the buggy owners or that they are evil or ruining it for everyone else, etc. As far as my tone, I'm really not sure what you mean. I'm just telling you how it is in the Big Cypress. In the end, it only impacts the people who don't own property in the Big Cypress yet wish to ride inside it's boundaries. I just hate to see ATV riders marred by a few bad apples.
450R_Matt
Supreme Member

TRX 250R #18

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2005, 12:55:16 PM »

1fast:

Please don't misquote me. I've never said the ATV riders are ruining it for the buggy owners or that they are evil or ruining it for everyone else, etc. As far as my tone, I'm really not sure what you mean. I'm just telling you how it is in the Big Cypress. In the end, it only impacts the people who don't own property in the Big Cypress yet wish to ride inside it's boundaries. I just hate to see ATV riders marred by a few bad apples.

Is there a quote in there that I didnt see? Im just telling you that every time I read one of your post they all say the same thing about atv's in the BC.  Facts? Yes Im sure most are because your right there is a lot of bad apples out there. But not all are on atv's. Your first post was atv's this and atv's that. Let me tell you this. Next time someone thats out there on an atv in BC that has read this topic should find some damage by a buggy or a truck should speek up because I bet that goes on as well.  Then we can all talk about that. I will hand it to you. You dont point fingers but you sure beat around the bush with it all the time.

When I read your post thats the fealing I get and Im sure that others do as well.
What else would we do if there were no atvflorida to have discussions on.... Wink
« Last Edit: March 09, 2005, 01:20:56 PM by 1fast250r » Logged

The Honda TRX250R
450R_Matt
Supreme Member

TRX 250R #18

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2005, 01:46:34 PM »

EvergladesRancher, sorry for highjacking your thread with Anoriginal.  Maybe you can get some usefull info with our discussion.   :-/      Smiley

The Honda TRX250R
wilburz
Supreme Member

Tastes like chicken!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2005, 02:08:56 PM »

How does such a junior member have such vast knowledge about BC? This dude is an imposter. He is probably a old member that was kicked out once his true intentions were discovered. Where is the guy from? He does not have one useful piece of info on his bio. What kind of bike ya got? I bet he does not even own an atv. Probably one of those bird watchers trying to fit in where he don't get in.

This guys B.S. does not even belong in this 'where to ride' section. Matter of fact it should not even be on this site. Only reason it is here is because there is a remote chance someone will respond to his hypcracy.  He has all the facts, right. None of his buggy owning friends have atv's so that means all buggie owners have no atvs.  I have never heard such nonsense.

1978 ridin mower, 48 inch cut, 3.4 hp briggs & stratton
12-6-3 front
14-8-5 back
no muffler
Anoriginal

« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2005, 02:11:01 PM »

1fast:

You're still missing the point by leaps and bounds. I do not dispute that there are tons of idiots on buggies in the Big Cypress. I've seen them time and time again. I do what I can to educate them and try to get them to treat the Big Cypress with the respect it deserves.

Your comments on getting someone to point out damage by Buggies so we can discuss it next time is ridiculous. It is not a buggies verses ATV issue. The issue, (and one all ATV riders should be concerned with) is the perception of the ATV riders by the Big Cypress Preserve officials and the other "powers that be".

As far as your allegations that I "beat around the bush", you're wrong. I tell it just like it is. I know that there are bad apples in every bunch regardless if it is ATV's Buggies, Jet Ski's , whatever. The problem we have in the Big Cypress is an obvious anti-ATV opposition that is powerful enough to squeeze us out all together.

If you think these comments are negative, you're absolutely right! However, the negativity is NOT directed to ATV's, it is directed at the state of things in the Big Cypress and how it will eventually negatively impact us unless we do somethign to change it.

It really shouldn't be so hard for you to figure this out and I sincerely hope you understand.

Willburz:

I grew up in the Everglades and spend as much time there as I possibly can. I own bikes now and have owned more than my fair share over the years. Your deductions on buggy owners owning ATV's or not is totally off the issue. Moreover, you and 1fast250r seem to have a striking misconception realtive to this being some type of contest between buggy owners and ATV riders. It's not.
I've never been on this site with anything other than this name. I constantly go to bat for our sport and spent time recently talking to the new "trail boss" for the Big Cypress about the future use of ATV's in the Big Cypress. Nice guy, had a lot of interesting ideas.
In case you didn't know, Big Cypress is in a state of flux. We've got a new superintendent coming in who successfully outlawed PWC's at her last National Park gig. If you think for one minute she won't immediately start going after ATV's in the Big Cypress, well... you're lost. Once she gets settled in, she'll come straight at us. If you are so concerned about your sport, I suggest you quit whining at me because I stated truths that somehow offended your ego and start looking for ways to help.

I am right on this and many of you know it. If you don't like what I say, don't blame me, I'm just letting you know what's going on. If I am such a jerk and don't care about ATV's, why would I tell everyone what the problems are? If I was so anti ATV, the thing for me to do would be to keep my mouth shut to all of you, agree with the Park Service when they start flying the "no more ATV flag" and sit back and watch everyone lose another place to ride.

So, beat your chest, flex the mighty ego, call me names, flame me all you want. I'm on your side and you're too caught up in yourself to see it. Perhaps you should try and think of ways to help us keep the Big Cypress open.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2005, 02:27:23 PM by Anoriginal » Logged
ONEslowEXer

Leader of the back

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: March 09, 2005, 02:31:44 PM »

[smiley=Cry.gif]I say the next group ride should be at Big Cypress
we can lie claim on bear Island !!!rename it beer island...lol don't worry its almost wet season and you won't have to deal with those pestky atv Roll Eyes...do you really think the idiots that are your so called bad apples are going to read your long repetive posts?
I think your barking up the wrong tree trying to educate us on this website. Ive met lots of people from atv florida, and they are not the people you should be telling this too...why don't you write the editor of   DisorderFla times, see if they will listen.thanks or start your own website, I got a name picked out for you.....BrokenaxlegiantrutsleakingoilSwampbuggyflorida.com
« Last Edit: March 09, 2005, 02:32:48 PM by ONEslowEXer » Logged

04 grizzly 660 Wetlands camo (Mine)
5.5in gorilla lift 29.5 x10 outlaws Hmf exhaust
Snorkeled Radiator relocated Outlaw clutch
Highlifter springs

02 Sportsman 400 Yellow Hers

88 suzuki Samurai (ours) 33" swampers 5:1 tranfercase
custom lift
meathead1

NO GUTS NO GLORY

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: March 09, 2005, 02:32:30 PM »

i agree with anoriginal just look at whats happen in south florida. macs, lost lake, holiday park, east side of 27, bird road, the squares, the praire, west palm beach, and the hump all r closed because of injury or death,and disrespect i am a junior member son, i have been riding these swamps for more than 35 years its not the atv but the large minority that ride them i have to ride stealth because of all the inconsderate and desrespectfull riders  
« Last Edit: March 10, 2005, 04:37:31 AM by meathead1 » Logged

ARCTIC 650
450 FOREMAN
500 quad runner
Anoriginal

« Reply #33 on: March 09, 2005, 02:39:17 PM »

Meathead, thanks.

OneSlow:

I see. Since none of your friends or for that matter, anyone on this site, is part of the problem, we shoudl do nothing to try and improve our image as a whole to the Park Service.

Makes perfect sense.
ONEslowEXer

Leader of the back

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: March 09, 2005, 02:46:38 PM »

I do believe that swamp buggies and trucks did more damage then atvs...can't remember the last time I ran over a cypress tree or left a 4ft rut or ran over a junk car ...that must be those bad apples on those atvs...no you are right there are alot of atvs that had to do with the prarie closing down...yea   alot of them came from  east coast  with there banshee's and lack of helmets ...drag racing down miller...but that area was a lost cause even before that so it doesnt matter

Highlifter springs

custom lift
meathead1

NO GUTS NO GLORY

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: March 09, 2005, 02:52:30 PM »

it wasnt just the people from the east coast but it proberly was a majority which i hate to admit
« Last Edit: March 09, 2005, 02:52:54 PM by meathead1 » Logged

ARCTIC 650
450 FOREMAN
500 quad runner
Redgrizzly660

« Reply #36 on: March 09, 2005, 03:44:59 PM »

I do understand what you are saying Mr Anoriginal We are trying  to do some thing about it . Members from this site and my family did a cleanup ride in Ocala National Forest last month to show our good will.

I was  also speaking to one of our members to see if we could maybe adopt a trail to keep it clean.

Grizz
« Last Edit: March 09, 2005, 07:31:04 PM by Redgrizzly660 » Logged
450R_Matt
Supreme Member

TRX 250R #18

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: March 09, 2005, 03:50:48 PM »

Anoriginal,  Your my hero. Good luck with the Big Cypress and all your non atv owner buggy friends out there.  Anyone that uses this area for there pleasure should look you up. That way they know everything that there is to know about this place.

The Good, The Bad , and the Anoriginal  

Im 1fast250r and I approve this message

The Honda TRX250R
big-daddy
Defender of the secret society!
Supreme Member

Home of the Brave

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: March 09, 2005, 04:03:15 PM »

Anoriginal, It look to me that you are a Ranger for one of the parks. Just an idea! Open a park for ATV, we pay to use it, the Ranger get off there lazy a$$ and ticket or throw out the people that doesnt respect the law. By closing the riding area. the state is forcing me to ride in unsafe area with my family. I we gladly pay to use a area that is safe for my family.I been in BC for many years. I remember the airplane that was on the building.I remember monroe station when it was gulf station, Loop road when it wasnt paved.thats give you idea how long I been going to BC.

I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member
CABLEGUY1
Supreme Member

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: March 09, 2005, 04:25:54 PM »

Wilburz:

Easy there lucky. I live over 3.5 hours away from the glades. As far as people living close by......there aren't any. The glades is basically deserted.

Also, tracked vehicles and regular trucks are not allowed in the Big Cypress. Finally, It's kind of hard not to solve something when you drive into camp and find 5 ATV's in your yard and their owners sitting inside your camp or using your facilities.

As far as backup data, call the Big Cypress Oasis Ranger Station and talk to them. They'll tell you all you want to know.

Finally, I'm not pointing the fingers at ATV riders. Unfortunatly, with as much negative press as ATVs get these days, a few bad apples can really do a lot of damage. I'd hate  to see Big Cypress become a no-ATV place.

I must be seeing things. Did you say at the end of this post that your not pointing fingers at ATV riders? Go back and read the first paragraph of your post from 3-7-05 at 9:53 AM.  Maybe I read it wrong.Let me know if I did.Thanks.
CABLEGUY1
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: March 09, 2005, 04:31:03 PM »

Do you have ANY horror stories about buggies or trucks or are all the bad stories about ATVs? Just curious.
450R_Matt
Supreme Member

TRX 250R #18

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: March 09, 2005, 04:48:29 PM »

But....But.... CABLEGUT1 your missing the point by leaps and bounds.   Its not that hard to figure out.... Huh

Just a waist of some freash air over here. You cant argue with this guy because he only states facts and if his post are negitive they are supposed to be.   Its funny I think that some people have all the answers to the questions.

Here is a question for you.  What can you do to make it a better place? Besides try to tell us atvers that we have "dealth yet another blow"   [smiley=Confused.gif]

The Honda TRX250R
big-daddy
Defender of the secret society!
Supreme Member

Home of the Brave

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: March 09, 2005, 05:22:22 PM »

Do you have ANY horror stories about buggies or trucks or are all the bad stories about ATVs? Just curious.

Keith, I can tell you many horror stories about buggies before there were ATV out at BC. Anoriginal, remember the Wild Hog BBQ and the reason that it no long around. :-/ All the drunks on there buggies at night. :-/ One of my best friends has a camp on the sw side of loop road and the only people that break into it are Hunters, not ATV rider .Anoriginal, remember the Wild Hog Head over the counter at Monroe Station. The picture of the little boy who shot that 260lb Hog. That little boy was me! Or maybe you are not old enough to remember this entire thing. So when you say (I grew up in the Everglades and spend as much time there as I possibly can) you are not the only one!

I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member
500runner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: March 09, 2005, 06:02:02 PM »

the B.C facts, its been raining all day in SFL. and summer season is comming, and with the EVERGLADS restoration under way in a few yrs. there will be no {dry season} it wiill always be flooded, it will be come a BUGGY AREA only. because of the high water.  so really it doesnt matter what happens!!  is B.C a ATV park?NO but with all the ATVs sale a money that was collected from the TITLE FEES and the state promised to open 4 ATV parks yrs  ago . i feel the ATVERS are getting riped off!!!  in the last 2 yrs we lost more places to ride and the state has takeing in more $$$$$$$$ . so you have to ask yourself before you ride B.C  what kind of riding do you like before you to spend $50.00 + $35.00 = maybe 3months of riding+ the ATV ranger cops, 15mph speed limit. and alot of hassle. or go to ATV areas only {ICROSS} where it is a go for broke  place NO RULES. you pay $15.00 and play! Kiss dont get me wrong i have hunting the B.C , it is a very nice area, but with the new pregnant dog in charge of the place a know TREE HUGGER  it a lost hope!!!!!!  there will be more fines &fees you spill a drop of gas and if caught you will be fined. i think everyone should start call the GOV BUSH and demanding a TITLE REFUND or ask where are the 4 ATV parks ??    in the mean time  STOP THE ATV TITLE SCAM dont title your used ATV !!!!!!  not until there is a place to ride !!!! Angry
Anoriginal

« Reply #44 on: March 10, 2005, 05:37:07 AM »

You know what, you're all correct, there are tons and tons of horror stories about buggies. 1fast, you make a joke out of missing the point like it's hard to grasp. The truth is, you're making this into a buggies verses ATV issue and its not.

CABLEGUY:

My family has been in the BC long before Calvin Stone ever set foot in it and before the loop road even had a name. We've always stayed out of the sportsman's club because of the abundance of drunks and idiots it seems to attract. Also, I wasn't pointing fingers at ATV's I was just telling what I saw and heard.

Bigdaddy:

I'm not a ranger. I can tell you that I do spend a lot of time paying attention to what the attitude is in the BC towards ORV use. This means buggies and ATV's. Some suggestions might be calling the Oasis and asking about scheduling a trail clean up. If they turn us down, keep pestering them so that they know we as ATV riders are concerned about the BC and our sport. Grizz was right on with his post, the concern shown at ONF is getting attention and will be remembered. I think it is great that he and many of the board members took time to have fun and give somethign back to the ONF.

Some of you may absolutely hate what I post, and that really doesn't bother me. The sad part is that, if my posts aggravate you, you're either not taking the time to read them carefully or you're letting your ego get in the way. If you think I am aggravating and have my facts together, wait till you encounter one of the Sierra Club's hired mouth pieces at a Dept. of the Interior meeting to discuss upcoming ORV plan implementation. These people come loaded for bear and they are hyper organized.

On this board, I get treated like the guy who tells you to start saving money when you're 18. You think the guy is full of it or being too critical and negative. So, you don't take his advice and spend like mad. Later on, you find yourself looking back and thinking, "hey, I sure wish I saved when I was 18".  Now is the time to start saving in the Big Cypress. You want a new place to ride? You want to preserve the places you have now? Polish the ATV image as a whole. Look at the FTR group as an example. Extremely well organized, professionally run, outstanding public attitude and the list goes on. What's stopping us? As I see it, ego's, childishness, denial and lack of enthusiasm.

I'll leave it at this. 1fast, Wilburz and the others who laugh me off, go ahead. I'll not respond any longer. I won't post any longer and I will not go to bat for us any longer. I'll keep my mouth shut when the trail boss is taking suggestions on the ORV plan and I will refrain from making any suggestions to him or the superintendant on how ATV's can be properly managed and utilized in the Big Cypress. Maybe BC is like ONESlow said of the Prairie, "already a lost cause".
450R_Matt
Supreme Member

TRX 250R #18

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: March 10, 2005, 02:22:44 PM »

Laugh you off?  What you need is better social skills. Then maybe you would get more respect on this site. Go back and read you first topic on this subject or hell go to any of you post and read them over.  The way you come off is like a Jackazz.  Black and White.  Im not into name calling but you will continue to get flamed here if you keep responding the way you do.  
Most of the people on this site have great respect when it comes to ORV use or ATV riding anywhere they go.

Is not a Buggy.. v.. ATV's thing . Its your way of words.  

Short and sweet.  I will not respond to your thaughts anymore.    Good luck with the respect on atvflorida.

Im done... Wink  

The Honda TRX250R
DRWalum

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: March 10, 2005, 02:42:01 PM »

Laugh you off?  What you need is better social skills. Then maybe you would get more respect on this site. Go back and read you first topic on this subject or hell go to any of you post and read them over.  The way you come off is like a Jackazz.  Black and White.  Im not into name calling but you will continue to get flamed here if you keep responding the way you do.  
Most of the people on this site have great respect when it comes to ORV use or ATV riding anywhere they go.

Is not a Buggy.. v.. ATV's thing . Its your way of words.  

Short and sweet.  I will not respond to your thaughts anymore.    Good luck with the respect on atvflorida.

Im done... Wink  

I'll drink to that !!! [smiley=drink.gif]

DR Walum

DRW Aluminum Specialist , INC.
( free estimates )

2005 DR-Z400s   Street Legal !!
ONEslowEXer

Leader of the back

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: March 10, 2005, 03:16:40 PM »

don't worry about us atvers we'll be fine. It is inevitable that Atvs
will be banned from BC .  Atvs have have had a bad wrap since 1982!
But don't worry its only a matter of time before those treehuggers start in on BC. After Badluck prarie is finshed whats next?you might be next!
Myself I would rather not share a ridding area with  buggies.
most of those concraptions don't have brakes.
so goodluck and thank you for your efforts

Highlifter springs

custom lift
familyatvers

« Reply #48 on: March 10, 2005, 04:56:35 PM »

Bottom line as I see it.  We better start policing ourselves (atvers and buggy owners) as the rangers and tree huggers are just waiting in the wings (or bushes as the case may be) to close down where ever they can.
  Just think no-one really policed bad luck for a long time and whoa, what ammunition they had to use when they decided to close it down.   The sit back and let them destroy themselves method of closing public access is used by environmental groups all accross the country.   If we don't pluck the bad apples ourselves,  we lose, period!
500runner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: March 10, 2005, 07:23:54 PM »

B.C is a WAR that has been lost for us for a long time!  stop beating a DEAD DOG!!! the praire is gone to . even if the prarie was open in a few years it will be flooded with water all year around with the resto project. STOP THE B.S FL ATV TITLE SCAM!!!!!!!!!!
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com