Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: very depressing weekend here in Manattee County  (Read 5828 times)
jpease

View Profile

Ignore
« on: March 19, 2007, 11:09:59 AM »

Well we had a few riding places that where kind known by local folks.  That we had been riding for years.  There was a really good at the end of Fort Hammer road on the left side there was a track for small kids on the left side there a closed huge tomato/celery farm where the big atv ride.

Down the road from Wal-mart before cypress creek there is a big county park

In Palmetto down on US301.

Every stinking park that I know has been closed.  Fences where put up with no trespassing signs.  This make me wanna sell all my atv and by a boat.
greenmachine
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2007, 11:16:33 AM »

That is what happens when people are trespassing over time. It is all just a matter of time. Now you are gonna have to drive like the rest of us. Go to the rally & try to help the cause to get more LEGAL riding areas opened up for all of us, not just the locals.
Anoriginal

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2007, 11:22:34 AM »

None of those places were legal to ride. So, they were never really "open" for riding and cannot be "closed". Each time the owners would post no trespassing signs, the riders would tear them down and go in anyway. Riding on these properties was only contributing to the bad image we get.

I'm with greenmachine on this one. go to the rally and work for a legal place to ride. Quit trespassing and giving the rest of us a bad name. Become part of the solution instead of part of the problem.
Joedirt
Supreme Member

I am a FloridaMud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2007, 11:48:39 AM »

Well we had a few riding places that where kind known by local folks.  That we had been riding for years.  There was a really good at the end of Fort Hammer road on the left side there was a track for small kids on the left side there a closed huge tomato/celery farm where the big atv ride.

Down the road from Wal-mart before cypress creek there is a big county park

In Palmetto down on US301.

Every stinking park that I know has been closed.  Fences where put up with no trespassing signs.  This make me wanna sell all my atv and by a boat.

Bang Head

2005 Vinson 4x4
2003 Big Bear 4x4
2001 Prarie 4x4
1987 Dirty Dakota Mud truck on 35 inch Boggers
jpease

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2007, 09:28:59 PM »

interesting observations, and of course you maybe right.  Said that, the interesting thing my kids would ride with these three other kids 6 - 8 yrs. and there dads where deputy sheriff.  The number one problem was at night. There where a lot 4 x 4 getting back in there hot dogging,  under age drinking, sex, drugs and on occasion someone would torch stolen car and lets not forget all the beer bottles left all over the place.

I am sure my 6 and 8 yrs old are not giving "the rest of you a bad name".   Roll Eyes
RTN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2007, 11:05:02 PM »

interesting observations, and of course you maybe right.  Said that, the interesting thing my kids would ride with these three other kids 6 - 8 yrs. and there dads where deputy sheriff.  The number one problem was at night. There where a lot 4 x 4 getting back in there hot dogging,  under age drinking, sex, drugs and on occasion someone would torch stolen car and lets not forget all the beer bottles left all over the place.

I am sure my 6 and 8 yrs old are not giving "the rest of you a bad name".   Roll Eyes

Kids only know what they're taught. Parents are the ones giving the bad image by teaching their kids it's ok to ride on someone elses land without their permission. Sheriff deputies should be repremanded for breaking the law.

What if that land owner came driving his vehicle through yours and the deputies lawns every weekend?

I know it sucks but hey....I have to drive a minimum of over an hour to hunt public land.....double or triple that to get to land less pressured. Do you know what would happen to me if I just said......I'll just hunt across the street it's closer. We're both tresspassing and not meaning any harm. Just trying to have a little fun.
Anoriginal

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2007, 08:16:54 AM »

Hey, a deputy was arrested Saturday night for DUI. Just because he's a deputy doesn't permit a second set of rules.

I hate the fact that your kids lost a place they loved to ride. It really sucks. But, it was never a legal place.
Bigscrb15
Supreme Member

I'm a Florida Mud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2007, 09:52:24 AM »

........hot dogging,  under age drinking, sex, drugs...........

what's wrong with those? Evil

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
Anoriginal

« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2007, 10:06:21 AM »

I love hot dogs. So does Chillinthemost but, he enjoys them in an odd way. The other day I was over at his house and he was sucking on one like a pacifier. It was actually one of those big kielbasa sausages. Come to think of it, he was wearing lip liner and a skirt too.
Inyourdraft2000

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2007, 02:19:03 PM »

Interesting how you pick and choose whats right and wrong Anoriginal.
You are correct about the illegal riding but the way it was pointed out was kind of abrasive and then you follow it up w/ the sucking of  a kielbasa sausage comment, it would be nice if you would consider 2 groups of people before commenting on something like that,
one being the kids and 2 being those who dont find that kind of humor funny.(the whole right from wrong thing you know what I mean)
Nothing personal, just an observation. Smiley

KB

« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2007, 05:16:10 PM »

jpease,
            I feel your pain I've gone thru the same thing at the place were we'd go to ride/camp.
It's shut down now & most of the carry on would go on in the middle of the night.
Anoriginal

« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2007, 10:03:05 AM »

Interesting how you pick and choose whats right and wrong Anoriginal.
You are correct about the illegal riding but the way it was pointed out was kind of abrasive and then you follow it up w/ the sucking of  a kielbasa sausage comment, it would be nice if you would consider 2 groups of people before commenting on something like that,
one being the kids and 2 being those who dont find that kind of humor funny.(the whole right from wrong thing you know what I mean)
Nothing personal, just an observation. Smiley

Hey, I don't pick what's right and wrong. I'm not God. Somethings are self evident as to right and wrong. I certainly know the difference.

As far as the sausage comment goes, I can't help it if Chillinthemost gets off on that. If you don't find it funny, I'm sorry for you. Because the mental image of Chillin wearing a skit and eye liner while sucking a kielbasa is funny as all get out to me an the majority of everyone else on this board I dare say. In fact, last night I was at his house and he was wearing high heels, a mini skirt and a red wig. He was sucking on a banana this time and singing show tunes.
JackL
Supreme Member

A enemy generally says and believes what he wishes

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2007, 10:12:42 AM »

As far as the sausage comment goes, I can't help it if Chillinthemost gets off on that. If you don't find it funny, I'm sorry for you. Because the mental image of Chillin wearing a skit and eye liner while sucking a kielbasa is funny as all get out to me an the majority of everyone else on this board I dare say. In fact, last night I was at his house and he was wearing high heels, a mini skirt and a red wig. He was sucking on a banana this time and singing show tunes.

You seem to be showing up over there an awful lot....Smiley

The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can’t do.
Anoriginal

« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2007, 10:33:27 AM »

You seem to be showing up over there an awful lot....Smiley

What can I say, he has real soft hands too.
SomBch

beer....its whats for dinner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2007, 10:37:33 AM »

See, now thats just all wrong.

THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN GENIUS AND STUPID IS THAT GENIUS HAS ITS LIMITS.
Anoriginal

« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2007, 10:41:36 AM »

Yeah, I guess it is. But, it is funny. His hands are really nice. Warm too.  Shocked
SomBch

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2007, 10:42:38 AM »

TMI!!!, TMI!!!!!!!

jpease

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2007, 10:55:23 AM »

Quote from: RTN

Parents are the ones giving the bad image by teaching their kids it's ok to ride on someone elses land without their permission.

There is a difference between private property and an abandon bankrupt tomato & celery farm that the county bought years ago that is going to be used for building a bridge in about 5 years or so.

Every time someone torched a stolen car it was the atvr's that called the sheriff and gave them a ride because of the impassible remote location.

One more comment, where this park is located there is also a boat ramp, usually there is a deputy sheriff parked or wild life officer busting Mexican for fishing without license and keeping illegal fish.  I personally asked them before I took my kids the 1st time he said it was ok as long as: (1) the kids stayed off the boat trailers parking lot (2) they did not go on the street (3) ATV's where titled  (4) kids wore helmets. Never once did we get a warning.

Irregardless, there is a fence and no trespassing signs.  We will increase our croom visits.
Bigscrb15
Supreme Member

I'm a Florida Mud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2007, 10:57:06 AM »

Yeah, I guess it is. But, it is funny. His hands are really nice. Warm too.  Shocked

yeahhhh, i think im gonna pass on any future invites to ride with you. lol.

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
Anoriginal

« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2007, 11:45:27 AM »

Quote from: RTN

Parents are the ones giving the bad image by teaching their kids it's ok to ride on someone elses land without their permission.

There is a difference between private property and an abandon bankrupt tomato & celery farm that the county bought years ago that is going to be used for building a bridge in about 5 years or so.

Every time someone torched a stolen car it was the atvr's that called the sheriff and gave them a ride because of the impassible remote location.

One more comment, where this park is located there is also a boat ramp, usually there is a deputy sheriff parked or wild life officer busting Mexican for fishing without license and keeping illegal fish.  I personally asked them before I took my kids the 1st time he said it was ok as long as: (1) the kids stayed off the boat trailers parking lot (2) they did not go on the street (3) ATV's where titled  (4) kids wore helmets. Never once did we get a warning.

Irregardless, there is a fence and no trespassing signs.  We will increase our croom visits.

Really? It's an abandoned and bankrupt celery farm? I will have to call the owner of the property who's a good friend of mine and tell him that his property has been abandoned and that he's bankrupt. He'll also be glad to know that the county bought all of his property too. Wonder where the check went? lol

I know the area well. I grew up skiing at Ft. Hamer and swiming across the river right off the ramp. I used to bale hay on the west side of the road in what is now River Wilderness, back when it was the Boggy Branch Ranch.

Sorry you lost a place to ride. I really am.

Bigscrub15 - Oh come on, you know you enjoyed the nude pudding wrestling match you had with Chillin the last time we rode together. I still have the pictures.
SomBch

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2007, 12:11:13 PM »

Bigscrub15 - Oh come on, you know you enjoyed the nude pudding wrestling match you had with Chillin the last time we rode together. I still have the pictures.
[/quote]
This is becoming a bit more strange, nude pudding wrestling?, soft hands? what are you guys? ....................republicans?

jpease

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2007, 02:33:10 PM »

Quote from: Anoriginal
Really? It's an abandoned and bankrupt celery farm? I will have to call the owner of the property who's a good friend of mine and tell him that his property has been abandoned and that he's bankrupt. He'll also be glad to know that the county bought all of his property too. Wonder where the check went? lol
news to me.  Thanks anyway.
Chillinthemost
Supreme Member

Git it rag

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2007, 05:12:23 PM »

Just to set the record straight............I dont like bananas.  I am a taco man Wink.

YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
Chillin Jr. FTR Super Pee A #12
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com