Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hard Rock Race #1  (Read 16896 times)
53yfz450
Supreme Member

Following hurts more than Leading!!!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2007, 07:53:42 PM »

turnout not so good was expecting alot more but i think hard rock scared a few guys away

WEB SITE IS COMING BACK UP SOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   
  http://HTTP://GANDGRACING.COM CHECK IT OUT!!!!!!

http://myspace.com/jakegunn53

motocross is all about momentum if you hit it doin a 100 ya gonna  make it across.
Ellis#8

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2007, 08:23:14 PM »

Ryan and Brian managed to escape serious injuries, in spite of that fence without proper hay bales or protective covering.
Coinsidence, or bad luck? Brian's bike the only casualty! Thank God that they are ok. We would like to thank all that helped in both crashes. It shows the tight nit Family of Quad racing.  thanks  randy  top hat quad racing Grin
trx#9
Supreme Member

Manager at Seaman's Sausage House and Adult Movies

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2007, 09:35:44 PM »

Good thing that I went home Saturday. Got a stomach Virus or something weird late Saturday night. I didn't look like you all had to much fun today. I hope you all heel up soon. I guess my day of sitting on the john wasn't to bad after all. Crap
   I geuss thats why they don't hold any big events up there anymore!

"A SPECIAL THANKS TO MY SPONSORS"
Big Knob racing!, NewMembers Mom!
 Sacks Gloryhole at the Little Bar!
Qawd32 Colon massage inc.!
Fuzzy Pickle race team!
53yfz450
Supreme Member

Following hurts more than Leading!!!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2007, 09:50:43 PM »

yea i think lyndon had the worst day of all, blown motor rode jessys bike endoed bad on the finish line jump and landed hard!!! right in front of me i hope hes doing ok i never herd anything

WEB SITE IS COMING BACK UP SOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   
  http://HTTP://GANDGRACING.COM CHECK IT OUT!!!!!!

http://myspace.com/jakegunn53

motocross is all about momentum if you hit it doin a 100 ya gonna  make it across.
310R_Dude

When in doubt, GAS IT!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2007, 10:51:57 PM »

...I geuss thats why they don't hold any big events up there anymore!

I don't like busting my arse as much as I don't like seeing anyone else bust theirs.
And I wish everyone who crashed there today OR anytime a speedy recovery.

But giving Hard Rock a bad rep is just ridiculous. How many times have I heard:
<insert local track name here> has no jumps... track got all rutted out... blah blah
blah... its too easy...

Before they changed it, it took me three times of going before I could do all but
three doubles and the water tower jump. NOW it is waaaaaaaaaaaay tamer and I
still hear people say how dangerous it is.

Hard Rock is an awesome and challenging place to ride that builds confidence and
skill. You just have to ride within your limits and keep your concentration up.

- Dan

Never let fear, uncertainty OR doubt hold you back from doing what you KNOW you can do.
trx#9
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2007, 08:40:24 AM »

...I geuss thats why they don't hold any big events up there anymore!

I don't like busting my arse as much as I don't like seeing anyone else bust theirs.
And I wish everyone who crashed there today OR anytime a speedy recovery.

But giving Hard Rock a bad rep is just ridiculous. How many times have I heard:
<insert local track name here> has no jumps... track got all rutted out... blah blah
blah... its too easy...

Before they changed it, it took me three times of going before I could do all but
three doubles and the water tower jump. NOW it is waaaaaaaaaaaay tamer and I
still hear people say how dangerous it is.

Hard Rock is an awesome and challenging place to ride that builds confidence and
skill. You just have to ride within your limits and keep your concentration up.

- Dan

Well Dan I would normally agree with ya. But when the track has 3 or 4 months to prepare for this race and you show up and the track hasn't been groomed in a long time. Plus not having any flaggers Saturday. Lucky for Giovanni there wasn't a faster riding coming up behind him or we would probably going to a funeral this week. Also having a tractor parked on the fastest part of the track during practice. Also the soccer ball sized boulders all over the track wasn't to pleasant either.   -Erik

Fuzzy Pickle race team!
310R_Dude

When in doubt, GAS IT!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: March 26, 2007, 03:00:25 PM »

Erik, you made  few points I never really considered. Thanks. I am just
always afraid that we will end up with all tracks being like the "one lined
jumpless mounds of dirt" tracks in our area.

Never let fear, uncertainty OR doubt hold you back from doing what you KNOW you can do.
TBR

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: March 26, 2007, 07:11:41 PM »

Well what do I say?? Hardrock is properly named for sure. I think the track could have been a little better prepared but on the other hand it is what we make of it . It is a tougher track than most, but you always hear alot of complaints on every track. Like too narrow, too short, no jumps, and too much loose sand.
Here is our story. Lyndon has some scrapes and bruises and a badly sprained right wrist and both shoulders are banged up. The quad has a cracked flywheel, busted case, stator and a SX tire with about a 4 in hole in it, and bent nerf bars. I also owe Tony a set of Walsh A-arms for Jessy's quad. Not the best day for us but we are not complaining. We are glad Hardrock held the race for us. We are thankful Brett and everyone puts in so much time and effort to have a Quad Only race. We will hopefully see everyone at the races.
trx#9
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: March 26, 2007, 07:44:43 PM »

Well what do I say?? Hardrock is properly named for sure. I think the track could have been a little better prepared but on the other hand it is what we make of it . It is a tougher track than most, but you always hear alot of complaints on every track. Like too narrow, too short, no jumps, and too much loose sand.
Here is our story. Lyndon has some scrapes and bruises and a badly sprained right wrist and both shoulders are banged up. The quad has a cracked flywheel, busted case, stator and a SX tire with about a 4 in hole in it, and bent nerf bars. I also owe Tony a set of Walsh A-arms for Jessy's quad. Not the best day for us but we are not complaining. We are glad Hardrock held the race for us. We are thankful Brett and everyone puts in so much time and effort to have a Quad Only race. We will hopefully see everyone at the races.
It's good to hear that Lyndon isn't to seriously hurt. Thats one track you don't want to wreck on. I'm also thankful for the work Bretts been doing too but sometimes the track has to make an effort too. How did you break a fly-wheel and a case Dale? In the crash, I've never heard of that kind of damage from a crash.

Fuzzy Pickle race team!
dreth

« Reply #34 on: March 26, 2007, 07:46:17 PM »

Sorry to hear about all the damage to bike and rider Dale. You are very right about the track conditions also! i was the worst about complaining about the track conditions and then i realized..............if all i do is ride a perfect track all the time ,I WILL NEVER GET BETTER! i like the different types of tracks now and appreciate the gained experience it takes to get faster under " not so optimal" conditions. Lack of flaggers is a legit. complaint.  the boulders could have been removed by the riders as a group effort, it would have taken 5 min. for everyone to chip in and get them off Wink im glad everyone walked away and gained some experience.
DCR_Marcus14

Braaaaahhp!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: March 26, 2007, 11:10:08 PM »

I wish I couldve made it out there, life is starting to catch up to me; riding will be on hold for a while; ill probabaly come out for a few of them though.

Thanks to my sponsors:
Dana Creech Racing, Blingstar Industries, Monster Energy Drinks, ASV inventions, Utopia Optics, Alloy MX, Gaerne Boot Co., DP Brakes, Powermadd, Maxima, Atlantic Cycle Service
Ride1Rob
Supreme Member

YFZ 450!!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: March 26, 2007, 11:23:29 PM »

Hope that Lyndon is okay! What happened that caused the crash? And like someone else asked, how did the damage happen to the bike? I myself have been kind of timid to ride MX because of my ankle. That last race at QuickTrack I over jumped a small double and hyper extended it. That was on the 1st lap but I kept going. Didn't think it was that bad until I took my boot off at the end of the day. My ankle was HUGE! I'm trying to stregthen it up and it's getting better but still hurts like hell. I'm going to try the next race at Quicktrack and hopefully it'll be a better day for me.

If it'll run... I'm ridin'!!!
TBR

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: March 26, 2007, 11:25:11 PM »

He wrecked on Jessy's quad. The cracked case and flywheel is why he was on Jessy's to start with and I'm not sure why. We haven't tore it down yet to see what else might be wrong.
I know Lyndon and Eric H. walked the track Saturday night and threw off several large rocks. Lyndon said he hit a big rock in the back section and that is where he ruined the tire and bent the nerfs. I think rocks are probably just a part of Hardrock and Dreth is right about everyone walking the track to remove some before a race.
I am certainly not blaming the track on any of our mishaps. I feel that it is all part of the "HAVING FUN" racing scene.
Ida_Mann
Supreme Member

Location: There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.

I own and wear a purple sombrero

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: March 28, 2007, 01:25:27 PM »

there were tons of wrecks glad no one got seriously hurt they could have been alot worse!!

but lets just say the owner needs to handle the track alot better than he did and organize it better i mean i am glad he groomed it and everything but.....

agreed, I was getting a bit upset on the response from my vantage point,,,,some kid sat out in the middle of the track after the tower jump through his race and the next before anyone was able to get to him.

Id@

Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."
Ida_Mann
Supreme Member

Location: There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: March 28, 2007, 01:35:40 PM »

actually captured one of the wrecks,,,,,on the full sized pics you can see the expressions on people's faces when they realize he's going down hard  Oh my god!

Id@
« Last Edit: March 28, 2007, 01:37:34 PM by Ida_Mann » Logged

Id@ M@nn

'00 Honda TRX90
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."
LostCause
Supreme Member

SSQSA is coming back!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: March 28, 2007, 01:39:24 PM »

Medical responce was right there on the incident you are talking about.  so the rider sat there till his race was over so he could get off the track.  The rider was fine or the medics would have taken appropriate responce for the incident.

We have the ability to control our future.

www.SSQSA.net

Thanks to our sponsors: Walsh Racecraft, X-Tream Clean, Ripixx, Goon with Style, Pit Posse, Amsoil, Equalibryum, Crown Wear, Answer, MSR, AXO, Slackercross, UFO, MXRESULTZ
KUADER

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: March 28, 2007, 03:46:12 PM »

Thats one of the tabletops that someone ask to be fixed before someone was hurt! The  one were Eric crashed in b class was the other problem that was asked to be fixed. Both of these tables was asked to be fixed before each of these wrecks. Maybe we need a track saftey man at these races?
quad control

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: March 28, 2007, 04:06:44 PM »

there were tons of wrecks glad no one got seriously hurt they could have been alot worse!!

but lets just say the owner needs to handle the track alot better than he did and organize it better i mean i am glad he groomed it and everything but.....

agreed, I was getting a bit upset on the response from my vantage point,,,,some kid sat out in the middle of the track after the tower jump through his race and the next before anyone was able to get to him.

Id@
That was my son who wrecked on the tower jump he was O.K. It did take a little while to get him off the track (clutch cable broke) other wise he would have rode off. I guess the strange thing was they caution flaged the whole race Huh If you look at it from a safety point of view it was the right thing to do. For the screwed up finish line table top, It would of only helped if they fixed it. I'm not complaining I like Hard Rock it will get better I'm sure.
Ida_Mann
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: March 28, 2007, 06:07:57 PM »

Id@
That was my son who wrecked on the tower jump he was O.K. It did take a little while to get him off the track (clutch cable broke) other wise he would have rode off. I guess the strange thing was they caution flaged the whole race Huh If you look at it from a safety point of view it was the right thing to do. For the screwed up finish line table top, It would of only helped if they fixed it. I'm not complaining I like Hard Rock it will get better I'm sure.

glad your son was OK after that, I spoke with him briefly while he waited o get out of there, but I was referring to a kid on a 90(I think) that had his chain come off right after the tower jump and sat at the bottom there after the left turn and just before the 180 turn to the right.

That was the only issue I saw throughout the entire race from a spectators position,,,I thought they should have held off the start of the next race for a minute or two to let his parents come get him.

I can't comment on "fixing" the jumps because I can't compete with these guys.

Id@

Id@ M@nn

'00 Honda TRX90
quad control

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: March 28, 2007, 09:33:18 PM »

By the way, compliment's to Ida for the photography that's some pretty fast reflex's
on the finish line wreck in sequence. Nice work!
Ida_Mann
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: March 28, 2007, 09:37:05 PM »

thanks,,,soon as I snapped the second pic I could tell his angle was way off and I heard him hammering the engine to try to correct.

Id@

Id@ M@nn

'00 Honda TRX90
400EX
Supreme Member

Daddy Hugh Racing Honda-Yamaha-Po laris

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: March 28, 2007, 09:52:12 PM »

well i guess i'll let everybody know that i'm alright too.... the table that i wrecked on was fixed saturday night when they groomed the track..... I just had my rear shock a little to soft and bottomed out hard and over the bars i went... just got some road rash on my back and right side and my shoulder is a little sore but it could have been wrose.... i was just mad that i put a big hole in my newest riding gear that i had. As for the track i thought it was good i mean there were a couple of things that needed attention like the finish line jump but thats part of racing.... i thought the flaggers did a great job.... the guy that was nearest me had the yellow flag out untill everybody went past and then he got the bike off of me which  was the right thing to do.  I just want to thank everybody that came out and Brett and Hard Rock for letting us race there. I had a blast over the weekend and it was a confidence booster for me even though i ate it. hope to see everybody at the next race.
E-Rock

2004 yfz 450: i'd have to kill ya if i told ya whats done to it.

2000 Honda 400EX: white brothers R-4 exhuast, ITP holeshot tires,DG nurf bars, AC font bumper, TAG handle bars, works shocks
Ida_Mann
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: March 28, 2007, 09:58:02 PM »

glad your alright dude,,,,,I didn't see it happen but I heard from the flagger by me.

Id@

Id@ M@nn

'00 Honda TRX90
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com