Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ATV ramp for my truck  (Read 5294 times)
Raptor0731

View Profile

Ignore
« on: March 18, 2007, 06:55:57 PM »

Any advice on getting ramps for my truck. I have a Lincoln Mark LT its basically a f150 four door shortbed. Just wondering how long of ramp I should be looking at and if there was a brand that I should get. Thanks

07 Yamaha Raptor 700R GYTR
atvtrailer
Supreme Member

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2007, 07:04:07 PM »

Any advice on getting ramps for my truck. I have a Lincoln Mark LT its basically a f150 four door shortbed. Just wondering how long of ramp I should be looking at and if there was a brand that I should get. Thanks

a bi-fold or tri-fold ramps are nice because u dont have to worry about the ramps bein spaced the perfect distance apart from eachother and u just put something to hook it onto your tailgate so it doesnt slide out and they work real good and are easy

05 450r #13B
gearhead400
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2007, 07:17:21 PM »

Yep, and also try and get the lightest one you can find. I have steel ramps and after a looooong day of riding, i dont feel like lifting them in and out of the truck.

Bury your fear, and hold fast to life!!

Mansfield
       Feeling generous?
Support/Sponsor me =] via paypal
  gearhead400ex@hotmail.com
xr100racer

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2007, 08:02:33 PM »

i have aluminum tri-fold ramps, they are the best ive ever used. they are super light and fold right up without any messy straps. i believe they are 6' long and the angle isnt that steep and my truck sits up preety high

they were either $100 or $150 at sams club, i dont remember. ive seen aluminum bi-fold ramps but you have to keep them together with a rope. bite the bullet and get the tri-folds, you wont regret it. its a small thing that makes a big difference when loading your bike up to go riding, alot more convenient
Gato
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2007, 10:08:54 PM »

check in or PM miamigirlrider she has some for sale

2008 Yamaha Rhino 700FI(camo)
2002 Arctic Cat 400i 4x4
2010 Arctic CAt 700 h1
JackL
Supreme Member

A enemy generally says and believes what he wishes

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2007, 10:13:11 AM »

I have an aluminum bifold, and it is awesome. It is so light I often wonder if it is going to fold riding up it. It just has hinges, no rope. I have been using it for years with many different bikes and mowers.

The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can’t do.
yunt2ride
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2007, 10:20:15 AM »

Buy  trailer and haul it with that. I mean you bought a glorified/overpriced F-150, Don't want to scratch it all up now do you. You can get a small 4X8 trailer for near nothing.

1997 Chevrolet 4WD extended cab
2005 Polaris 500HO 4X4 Hunter Edition Camo
Chuck_Norris

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2007, 10:34:50 AM »

Buy  trailer and haul it with that. I mean you bought a glorified/overpriced F-150, Don't want to scratch it all up now do you. You can get a small 4X8 trailer for near nothing.

Now that is a change a Cheverolet Guy looking our for Brand X  Wink   Seriously though Yunt is correct, check out the for sale section for trailers. other wise I have a small trailer that needs to go away.
big-daddy
Defender of the secret society!
Supreme Member

Home of the Brave

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2007, 11:23:32 AM »

Out pulls those chevys  Wink I have one for does overpriced F-150 and I can go 400 miles on one tank without the trailer, but with the trailer it drops to 280 miles. after a few trips it will pay for the ramps. Ford pickups are mean to haul and pull......... your choice! 

I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member
yunt2ride
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2007, 11:35:31 AM »

Out pulls those chevys  Wink I have one for does overpriced F-150 and I can go 400 miles on one tank without the trailer, but with the trailer it drops to 280 miles. after a few trips it will pay for the ramps. Ford pickups are mean to haul and pull......... your choice! 

And how many miles per gallon would that be. LOL I can go that far also by the way. Actually a little further. With the short bed, which has the smaller tank. I can take the long bed and really go further.

1997 Chevrolet 4WD extended cab
2005 Polaris 500HO 4X4 Hunter Edition Camo
Raptor0731

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2007, 01:43:34 PM »

Thanks for the advice guys. I think I will go for the folding ramps. I dont want a trailer, and if I ever need one my uncle has a nice closed in one. As for my truck I got a good deal from Lincoln I was trading in my 03 Navigator and they gave me the Mark LT for a nice price. Grin

07 Yamaha Raptor 700R GYTR
Ida_Mann
Supreme Member

Location: There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.

I own and wear a purple sombrero

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2007, 04:21:24 PM »

yeah, my f150 will haul my 400EX in the bed and get 18mpg, but hauling a trailer will drop down to about 14mpg,,,,of course the trailer weighs 3500 pounds ;-)

Id@

Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."
big-daddy
Defender of the secret society!
Supreme Member

Home of the Brave

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2007, 04:28:29 PM »

And how many miles per gallon would that be. LOL I can go that far also by the way. Actually a little further. With the short bed, which has the smaller tank. I can take the long bed and really go further.

who checks gas mileage when you have 445hp under the hood.  Wink Its a 5000 lb pickup not a Honda Yunt and you may go further, but I'll get there faster Shocked

I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member
cr1

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2007, 04:31:01 PM »

checkout discountramps.com just recently bought a set there
FishaHallic
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2007, 05:38:13 PM »

I wish I got 18 mpg on my Supercrew, I get around 12, I think it's because of the pulling package with the lower gear ratio in the rear.   If I got 18 mpg I could afford an atv  Grin.
JackL
Supreme Member

A enemy generally says and believes what he wishes

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2007, 06:00:34 PM »

checkout discountramps.com just recently bought a set there

Damn, I thought that said discounttramps.com

The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can’t do.
Ida_Mann
Supreme Member

Location: There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2007, 11:03:50 AM »

I wish I got 18 mpg on my Supercrew, I get around 12, I think it's because of the pulling package with the lower gear ratio in the rear.   If I got 18 mpg I could afford an atv  Grin.

yeah,,,,mine is with a flareside, regular cab, 5.4L V-8 and a 3.55LS rear end,,,,,cruising at 70mph I barely touch 2000rpm, but hauling the trailer it runs almost 3000rpm at the same speed without the overdrive.

My dad has the same year supercrew with the 4.6 and usually gets around 15mpg with a mix of highway/city,,,,but he drives like a bluehair ;-)

Id@

Id@ M@nn

'00 Honda TRX90
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."
BIGREDTIDE

3-wheelers....you just gotta know how to ride 'em!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2007, 03:23:48 PM »

yeah,,,,mine is with a flareside, regular cab, 5.4L V-8 and a 3.55LS rear end,,,,,cruising at 70mph I barely touch 2000rpm, but hauling the trailer it runs almost 3000rpm at the same speed without the overdrive.

My dad has the same year supercrew with the 4.6 and usually gets around 15mpg with a mix of highway/city,,,,but he drives like a bluehair ;-)

Id@
You telling me you get 18mgp pulling that 3500lb trailer at 70mph?   Bull*W$!   Grin 

Jeff
'85 250ES Big Red
'03 CBR 600RR
Ida_Mann
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2007, 03:25:52 PM »

Id@
You telling me you get 18mgp pulling that 3500lb trailer at 70mph?   Bull*W$!   Grin 

nope, try reading my post better.

Id@

Id@ M@nn

'00 Honda TRX90
BIGREDTIDE

3-wheelers....you just gotta know how to ride 'em!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2007, 03:35:10 PM »

Id@

nope, try reading my post better.

Id@
Ahhh...that worked a lil better!... Embarrassed

Jeff
'85 250ES Big Red
'03 CBR 600RR
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com