Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: what happened to the TOWERS in palm beach  (Read 4626 times)
bftclub

where's the mud at?

View Profile

Ignore
« on: April 02, 2005, 01:13:27 PM »

does anyone remember this place,,was off beeline hwy...was awesome!!!who owns it now?
bftclub

where's the mud at?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2005, 01:14:26 PM »

this place had something for all riders of all types!!!!
cdalepaul

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2005, 03:50:28 PM »

the county owns it now..

04' yfz450 LE
ftr 71B
bftclub

where's the mud at?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2005, 07:39:02 PM »

that sucks............but if the county owns it  wonder what the chances are that they will make it a orv park?/
PBSO_ATV_Deputy_4

PBSO Agricultural Crimes Detective

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2005, 07:52:00 PM »

The "Towers," officially known as the "Hungryland Slough Natural Area" is owned by the county and managed by PBC Environmental Resource Management(ERM). It is one of our patrol areas and is currently going through restoration. This restoration makes it a construction area and it is posted as a construction site, making it "Felony Trespass." We patrol there daily, so please avoid this area.
bftclub

where's the mud at?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2005, 08:00:37 PM »

ok,,,atv deputy.......how was it possible that a few years back this place was packed every weekend?and cops were out there patroling ,but not bothering anyone.....this place was awesome,,,why did they shut it down?what is the future plan for this area?
bftclub

where's the mud at?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2005, 08:02:38 PM »

and furthermore i was just asking a question!!!!!!!!have no intentions of riding in an area that is illegal!!!!not worth the hassle or losing my quad!!!!!
PBSO_ATV_Deputy_4

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2005, 08:31:13 PM »

bftclub, I didn't mean to imply you intended to go there (my bad), just making a general statement to inform everyone. Years back, the county only owned a few lots out there and could only enforce those areas. They now own most of that area and are restoring it as a Natural Area.
bftclub

where's the mud at?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2005, 08:39:08 PM »

thats cool,just seems like you were trying to play cop on this forum! don't take it personal glad you are here trying maybe to help or support all of us,,have been reading all threads you comment on.....so do you ride for sport,,or just for work?
PBSO_ATV_Deputy_4

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2005, 08:40:30 PM »

You can visit ERMs website for Natural Area information.

http://www.co.palm-beach.fl.us/erm/

Click on "Natural Resource Stewardship", then "Land Management and Monitoring. Once there, you can click on "Natural Areas" to see all the different areas/details. Click on Natural Areas Ordinance No. 94.13 for prohibited activities.
PBSO_ATV_Deputy_4

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2005, 09:15:01 PM »

Thanks for understanding Wink. I try to keep everyone informed and provide a little guidance in the name of the sport and public safety. As for personal riding, like most of you, I grew up riding. I went from a go-cart at 10yrs old to racing motocross in high school. I sometimes ride a Yamaha TTR 250 in my spare time when I have any. I usually spend 30-40hrs a week patrolling on my work ATV, which is Polaris Sportsman 500. No, it's not stock......I sold my ATV, because riding one all week for work is more than enough ride time for me. Unfortunately, it's not "fun" riding when we patrol. We ride very conservatively, as we are in the public eye and set an example.
lonewolf310

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2005, 06:40:38 PM »

Let me get this straight............ u get paid to ride a atv around all day?................what a job!!!! some peple are just lucky!!! lol

im just kidding with ya! [smiley=Clown.gif]
Asphaltdragon
Supreme Member

Florida Atv Rally Sponsor

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2005, 07:22:34 PM »

thats cool,just seems like you were trying to play cop on this forum! don't take it personal glad you are here trying maybe to help or support all of us,,have been reading all threads you comment on.....so do you ride for sport,,or just for work?

andy is gonna save us alot of hassle, if anything.... I can now add that info to the rest of the places I can't ride Wink

Yellow '02 Honda 400 EX +ATP
Yellow '01 Bombardier Traxter XT
Orange '02 DS 650 Baja
prnstar123

let's ride!!!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2005, 06:53:24 AM »

Thanks for understanding Wink. I try to keep everyone informed and provide a little guidance in the name of the sport and public safety. As for personal riding, like most of you, I grew up riding. I went from a go-cart at 10yrs old to racing motocross in high school. I sometimes ride a Yamaha TTR 250 in my spare time when I have any. I usually spend 30-40hrs a week patrolling on my work ATV, which is Polaris Sportsman 500. No, it's not stock......I sold my ATV, because riding one all week for work is more than enough ride time for me. Unfortunately, it's not "fun" riding when we patrol. We ride very conservatively, as we are in the public eye and set an example.
Can you point us in the right direction on area we can ride without any problems? Any info would be great for everyone. Grin thanks

2005 yamaha yfz 450 (favorite toy)
2002 yamaha r1 (custom)
1999 Honda cbr 900 (stunt bike)
2004 Honda crf 50 (trick bike)
PBSO_ATV_Deputy_4

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2005, 08:40:46 AM »

I can only inform you about PBC. Holey Land/Rotenberger WMAs and private property that you own or have permission to be on.
Njoutlaw88

« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2005, 11:42:57 AM »

Hey, Can you get me a job like that. How did you score that job?
dirty2

a little crazy!!!!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2005, 11:45:51 AM »

I need a job like that to
any openings Grin
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com