Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: River Ranch (again)  (Read 11488 times)
TRX_365r

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2005, 05:52:11 PM »

there spots that are not we will be there on feb 12 if you would like to join us.

Where is this place located?

365r
03' CRF 450r

A new thumper being adopted soon
customrubicon
Supreme Member

It's Time To ride, B4 The Mud Gets Dry !!!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2005, 06:08:41 PM »

Anoriginal> Ok...You say you ride !! Most riders post what they ride because they want others to see what they are riding. They also want to meet other riders etc. You seem to only want to complain. You have great points and I agree with most. I do not see you doing anything about what you are saying. I asked you to list somethings that you do and you said do it youreslf. Well I do !!! I am a volunteer for a 60 mile trail in Michigan where I live in the summer months and I am a seasonal riding park owner. I just would like to see more action from you than talk. My personal oppinion is that you are not here to ride or meet people. Are you going to the Rodman Ride or any rides ? Well I have said all that I need too. I believe that this site and areas like RR need to do more to clean up our image/areas of riding. If this is your point than it is well taken.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v333/customrubicon/fmrsig-2.jpg

2003 rubicon
2002 kingquad
2004 LRX 90
2004 LRX 50
1979 bronco
2004 rhino
Anoriginal

« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2005, 05:14:44 AM »

Custom-

If you search my posts, I've told everyone what and where I ride. Currently, I am considering switching to a Grizzly. However, I like the Kawasaki 750 too. Most of my riding is done on private property. However, I spend time in the Big Cypress as well. I've spent more time than I can remember at croom and hernando hill climbing. I've sand dragged in Bithlo, Zellwood and numerous other small tracks that are now history around the state.

I spend a great deal of time on four different boards dealing with Florida's natural resources. I'm currently the president of two of the organizations for which I am a board member. I hesitate to name them because I appear here in a personal capacity and not on behalf of these organizations. I am heavily involved with Florida's Fish and Game and spend a great deal of time, money and effort on wildlife habitat issues.

I cannot begin to tell you the number of projects I've dealt with over the years. And I mean that honestly. Anything from offshore artificial reef work to building duck boxes for okeechobee. I've done game counts for the state on properties all over the state, both private and public. In the past, I've helped identify environmentally sensitive lands for purchase and/or intervention by the state. I've spent a lot of time over the last few years drafting addendums to environmental plans for private and public property on the county level. My wife says that if I get on one more board or volunteer for one more project she's going to kill me.

When I'm not working or volunteering, I spend my time fishing, hunting and enjoying the outdoors. I've have other hobbies, but those are not important. As far as the Rodman ride, no, I'm not going. Group rides really are not my thing. I have a few friends who ride with me from time to time and that's fine with me. I'm glad everyone else is going to Rodman and I am aure everyone will have a great time.

Custom, I hope this answers your concerns. As far as complaining goes, you're missing the point by a mile. As I've said before, all you have to do is read my posts with an open mind. If you do, you'll see that I am clearly not complaining. I'm just pointing out the facts.
02YamahaBigBear400

Wheres the mud?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2005, 10:17:55 AM »

Anoriginal,
       After sitting here reading all your posts and everyone elses basically everyone has a good point. Your mainly focusing on one area here RR. I've been a member at RR with my father for 10yrs. The first couple years it wasn't our cup of tea. With all the buggies driving around in the hunting area and how many members were there. Plus at that time i was learning to hunt and my dad didn't want me in that evironment cause i was bow hunting and not gun. Well over that 10yr span I did notice trash building up but it wasn't until a few years ago it got bad. It got bad due to storms and natural fires. So no one had any place to dump this trash but were you see the trash now on the side of the road about a mile or so into camp there was 3 camps right there damaged and that basically started the pile. So now everyone has dumped there trash there and its caused a big mess. Such a big mess that theres no place to bring them campers up front and no one will pay to have it removed. Why? Because they do still belong to those people that haven't been there for years that RR probably doesn't have there new phone numbers or address. Thats the main reason why that hasn't been moved and the other reason for the additional trash being built up there is cause the new members coming in think thats a trash drop off. You think i like driving past that in order to take family and friends out for a days ride let alone camp near it. My camp is across the street right before it so i see it everytime i hit the sugar sand road. Theres a couple of us members on this board that would love to see RR clean up but we can't make a difference even though you might think we can. We can try but it might not help and as we clean up one weekend the next weekend someone could be dropping more in that spot. Now for the garbage up front by the dumpsters were its suppose to be. Theres 5 dumpsters. On a normal week not a hunting week or season those 5 dumpsters don't get full so those don't get empty as quick. But at least most of the trash is being put in the right spot. You don't see trash bags in the other pile were the 3 trailers, numerous BBQs, mattress springs, and tires are. Its the people that don't care, that don't go to meetings or know whats new going on that do the dumping of the big trash that no one can really get to help. But yes RR should organize a clean up day to make RR a little bit cleaner in order to keep it what it once was. If RR don't do it then we who go there and try to comprimise with RR to organize such a day. I must say they do make special events every now and then so maybe we should talk to them and say its getting outta hand and try to come up with something.
Anoriginal: I'm not pointing fingers at you I'm just stating my facts that i know of.

2002 Yamaha BigBear 400 4x4
27x10x12 Vampires (Front)
27x12x12 Vampires (Rear)
Custom Snorkel
Extra Lights w/custom grill
FMF MegaMax 2 exhaust
----------------------------------
1996 Honda 300 4x4
27x10(front) and 27x12(rear) vampires
exhaust
HL clutch Kit
Snorkel
am/fm cd player
Anoriginal

« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2005, 11:04:17 AM »

02Yamaha-

I didn't think you were pointing fingers at me at all; so, no offense taken.

As far as focusing on RR, this is a RR thread.

Regarding the abandoned trailers, trash, etc. The county has ordinances that can be manipulated to allow you to remove the junk. All it takes is a little effort by the members/owners/whatever. As far as not being able to do something. That's not true. You can if you actually put some real effort into it. Last I checked, with the exception of only a few (and i mean a few) "property owners", nobody's camp was actually located on their own property. Therefore, if the junk is located in the general camp area, why can't you remove it? Abandoned property is abandoned property. Florida's Statutes has numerous sections devoted to the same. E-F-F-O-R-T.

You have to consider the irony of RR. You can bet the state and numerous private agencies have. You have only so many members who each own a realtively small parcel of land "somewhere" in RR. In exchange, you get to ride all over RR on property that does not belong to you and does not belong to the RRPOA. The fact of the matter is, the way RR is set up, you basically have a small group of people dictating how property (that does not belong to them) is utilized. I'm not flaming RR here. That's just the reality of whats going on.

Too many people take the position that they'd "like to help or do something but can't." I hear it all the time. If you have dumpsters in place, why do you think they are not being used? Location maybe? I can't answer this one for you. Perhaps asking those who use RR on a regular basis might help?

Creativity, effort and preserverence are necessities when dealing with these issues. Like it or not, unless the folks who "want to help or do something but can't" make an effort, RR will be lost in the long run.
team_quad_green

Your gonna need SUM!!!!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2005, 03:56:03 PM »

my camp was a old burn out camp before I got it. now theres a motor home and no trash around my area. But if we dont take time and get the people together were gonna end up loosing it and beyond a doubt that is the best place to ride in my eyes. I dont make it down there that often due to owning a business but I still take time help when I can.

RANGER LIFE!
2012 polaris ranger  xp 800
walker evans limited editions
2007 honda rincon 680
2007 yamaha raptor 80
Super Dave

THE GRASS IS ALLWAYS GREEN ON MY SIDE!!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2005, 04:17:42 PM »

February 19th at 12:00 at gate 1 is the general meeting to elect the officers of the board so lets make a difference people and the district meetings are:
east district meeting sat. Jan 29th gate 1 1:00pm
west sat.Jan 22nd gate 1 12:30pm
southwest B sat. Feb.5th 1:00pm thatcher park
southwest A sun. Feb.13th 2:00pm Labelle womens club

02' ex 400 stock kinda it looks stock
02YamahaBigBear400

Wheres the mud?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2005, 08:50:45 PM »

I got to river ranch once a month if not more if i have time. My dad on the other hand goes up at least 2 to 3 weekends a month. As far as people putting camps on property thats not theres when they purchase the land there told where it is.If its on there piece or not its still there camp and therefore those burnt down or damaged trailers won't be removed by anyone else but the owner. In order to do any help you gotta have more then one person or else there won't be any change. Like i said things can get done if RR has a clean up day or a group of us members get together with RR and make one.

2002 Yamaha BigBear 400 4x4
27x10x12 Vampires (Front)
27x12x12 Vampires (Rear)
Custom Snorkel
Extra Lights w/custom grill
FMF MegaMax 2 exhaust
----------------------------------
1996 Honda 300 4x4
27x10(front) and 27x12(rear) vampires
exhaust
HL clutch Kit
Snorkel
am/fm cd player
GregsRancher

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: January 22, 2005, 04:31:02 PM »

okay i got my own opinion there

lets clean up river ranch...have the board make a day where you have to pick up your share of trash and get a ticket from it or what not before u ride everywhere. second. the state can go kiss my @ss (no offense to anyone) but their the ones who ruint most of the wetlands in the first place. once summer comes it will be flooded to hell and the wet lands will grow back. no worries. to disturb it a little actually does more good. Never give into the government. fight those tyrants till we die i say! I would like to see them try to take river ranch, id be the first to stop them in arms. don't take that a bad way but there is only so much of a tyrant you can take till you defend what is yours.

2003 Honda Rancher S 4x4
mainetoo2005

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: April 07, 2005, 10:34:34 AM »

I ride. That's all that is important.

As far as projects to clean up, etc., take your pick. Better yet, start your own. There is no better way to leave a good impression than to organize and implement a ride/meeting/get together/picnic.... focused on bettering the environment you ride in.

Examples:

1. A clean up day. People come out ride around, haul stuff out, pick up trash, pay dump trucks and tractors to be there to load and haul off crap. Give prizes to the kids hauling out the most stuff. Sounds corny, but I've seen it work.

2. Start a designated trails system. I know this one will be met with huge resistance in RR. However, like it or not it is becoming a necessary item for proper management. It has to be started somewhere. If you can't get them to listen, run and get on the board yourself.

3. Designate large areas as ORV free and walk in only. I know this sounds like you're giving up riding area, but by doing so, you are showing the State and the others who want to shut you down that you really care. You care enough to set aside sensitive lands to protect and preserve them. Big bonus points if you pull this off.

If anyone gets a negative feeling from my posts, GOOD! You should get a negative feeling. I know I do as I write them. But, it is always the cold facts that come back to bite you. I just post what I know. I offer suggestions, share my experiences and hope we can all pull together.

AnOriginal-

How about this... an anti-flame!

Boys and girls....  I have spent many ears as an ATV and 2-wheeled rider. In my younger years I rode.. whereever.

Now that I am a responsible adult (mostly) I have come to realize that management is the key to keeping public or private areas open.

Some states such as MD, GA, ME have riding areas in them that area managed by the state and maintained by local clubs. And it works!

Areas like River Ranch, although private, need management too. Clean-ups, designated trails, protected wetlands and such. RRPOA, of which I am a member, Perhaps should appoint a RR-DEP liason to communicate with DEP and the state on topics such as these. See what we could do as a POA to make the state LIKE us and see that we are trying to "make thing right". RRPOA make millions of dollars a year through members and guests. Maybe its time to hire someone to deal directly with the state. Maybe they already have someone and I don't know.

Long story short... AnOriginal, in my opinion, is right!
Vegas

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: April 10, 2005, 07:57:07 PM »

I rode River Ranch for the first time this weekend.

The place is huge and for the most part, WHOOP FREE!

Don't get me wrong, I love Croom and Ocala National (Big Scrub, and Delancy) but River Ranch was, in my humble opinion, far better.

Once you get past the first mile or so of burnt out and littered campsites, the riding is AWESOME!

I highly recommend it.  30,000 acres plus, of open riding without all the whoops of Ocala and Croom.

River Ranch is ideal for utility quads as it has flat hardpacked trails.

I ride a 450R which sucks up the whoops of Croom and Ocala, and I couldn't imagine riding a utility quad at either of those places.

But River Ranch is perfect for flat out smooth riding.

Give it a shot if you haven't already.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com