Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Calling all guitar guys!  (Read 2590 times)
Toomey
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« on: March 09, 2007, 07:19:30 PM »

I played the guitar a few years back, one called a Biscayne Plus, some no-name brand the music school scammed me into. Anyways, I'm thinking about returning to the music scene a little. I don't know too much about guitars though. Let me give you an idea of what I want though, from a newbie's point of view.

1) It's got to be an acoustic first of all.
2) I want a name brand, Fender, Ibanez, Gibson, others.
3) I want pretty good quality, looking to spend $500-$1000.
4) Good resale would be nice.
5) Nice classic look and sound, nothing out of the ordinary.
6) Wouldn't mind buying a 20-30 year old guitar, or new.

I'm not sure what kind of music I'll be playing. Once I get the guitar, I will probably look into some country music, cowboys around the fire type thing. I might also try classical music or that Mexican stuff. These are all different I'm sure, that's why a nice all around quality guitar is what I'm looking for. Don't forget I'm starting from like 10% scratch. And my last name is Ibanez, and Ibanez guitar would be cool.

Looking for a junker dirt bike project.
dirtsurfer

extreme trike

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2007, 08:24:17 AM »

How about a Ovation. I have a Custom Elite I'm willing to sell.  New They were selling for 1800, I'll sell this one for 800. It's in good shape and has a hard case. They are good guitars with built in equalizer and tuner. e-mail me for pics  leantrike@aol.com

lean steering trike- you steer with your butt
bruteforceski

THANK GOD ITS MONDAY

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2007, 10:18:09 AM »

I like martin, but all guitar makers have a model or two that is a great all aroung guitar, as far as resale value, here are the top brands, in no specific order. gibson, taylor, martin, ovation has a pretty good resale, and so does fender, on both ovation and fender, steer clear of any model not made in america, they are worthless!!!! martin and gibson have been passed down to children for years and in some cases have become family treasures, so take that into consideration before you go and resell what ever guitar you choose.
Toomey
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2007, 10:51:25 AM »

I mainly asked about the resell because I'm not exactly a music guy, so later on down the road if the guitar isn't for me, I don't want to take a hit.  I've been reading up guitars a little, and they are more diverse and complicating than what bike should I buy and what exaust should I put on it.  I'll do some more looking around.

Looking for a junker dirt bike project.
Anoriginal

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2007, 02:26:36 PM »

I have several acoustic guitars and have been playing for over 30 years. My favorite is the Taylor Big Baby. Great sound, perfect quality. Resale is great on these guitars but I'll never sell mine.

Just my opinion. All of them have their own unique sound that modifies itself depending on the person playing it. You really need to find the one that suits you best. I had an old Yamaha CJ series that sounded wonderful and was real cheap.

My advice is to spend some time in a Sam Ashe or something similar and try them out. Also, talk to people that play the type of music you are into and ask them what they play or, better yet, ask them and then listen to them play. 

Best of luck to you.
RAD 450r
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2007, 05:09:46 PM »

Mario Ive got a Fender guitar that I used for mabye a month or two, could never really get into it nor read music.  If your intreasted on buying it let me know, ill sell it cheap.

XC FTR #28C
-KFX450R, Hipers
- Silver L
FishaHallic
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2007, 07:47:13 PM »

http://www.seenontvexpress.com/product-3620.htm
eldiablo64
Supreme Member

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2007, 08:20:35 PM »

its all really a matter of preference on your part.do you want a thin body acoustic or a jumbo?you should go to the music store and try out different ones.then if you find a used one from one of the guys on here like the one you like the best you can even save some money.the ovations are sweet.fender,gibson,martin,there is a wide variety.stay away from those Estebans off tv they are garbage
« Last Edit: March 11, 2007, 08:11:34 AM by eldiablo64 » Logged

TAKE IT OUT AND PLAY WITH IT     AT THE  FLORIDAMOTOPLEX.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com