Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Honda 400ex! HELP  (Read 2833 times)
Dustin_89

View Profile

Ignore
« on: March 07, 2007, 08:30:51 PM »

Ok, i got a honda 400ex. My mom bought me a 440 big bore race kit. We got it bored and all that work done. I put it all back together and now it dont want to start. I took it to a place called DC Motorcycle shop. they set timing, done my valves, compression check, valve leak test...they say everything is good on it but its not fireing right. They tried to order a diagnosis thing from honda but they wont sell it. They told me they cant help me anymore. I was wondering if someone on here has had same problem that maybe could help me. I wanted to just buy a new motor but then thats throwing 400$ down the drain. OR maybe i could trade someone for one of there old motors and some cash ill throw in. Ill trade for a stock or what ever you got. or maybe someone can help me. thx
Lukeidiot

Stuntin'

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2007, 10:15:28 PM »

Have you checked your blinker fluid?

96 Mustang GT 5-30-10 to Current
99 Mustang (current) 9-20-09 to 5-30-10
05' Honda 450r   (sold) 12-29-07 to 9-19-09
03' GSXR600      (sold) 5-27-07 to 12-27-07
05' Honda 450r   (sold) 4-24-07 to 5-27-07
01' Honda 400ex (sold)
00' Honda 300ex (sold)
atvtrailer
Supreme Member

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2007, 10:36:58 PM »

make sure your decompression plunger and spring is still in there(sits under the cam) it fell out when i had my top end off the first time and it took forever to figure that out

05 450r #13B
Ida_Mann
Supreme Member

Location: There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.

I own and wear a purple sombrero

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2007, 08:45:27 AM »

I'm sure ATP will chime in here shortly, but you say "it won't start" that's very general,,,,is it turning over?  is it trying to fire up at all then falling on it's face?  are you sure it's getting fuel? are you sure it's getting spark?

It also might be worth the drive to ATP in Apopka if it can't get figured out,,,,they do wonders with the Hondas

Id@

Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."
Dustin_89

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2007, 10:13:29 AM »

I'm sure ATP will chime in here shortly, but you say "it won't start" that's very general,,,,is it turning over?  is it trying to fire up at all then falling on it's face?  are you sure it's getting fuel? are you sure it's getting spark?

It also might be worth the drive to ATP in Apopka if it can't get figured out,,,,they do wonders with the Hondas

Id@
yes it fires. everything is there. it just fires on like every 10 strokes. makes like a ka pump noise lol. then just turns over more and does it again. i checked it with a timing gun and the light comes on every 10 secs or so.. i dont kno what could all be wrong. yes its getting gas, i tried it with my friends carb and does the same thing. today im going to try diff electrical parts off his to see whats wrong. any clues?
atvtrailer
Supreme Member

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2007, 10:22:18 AM »

Id@
yes it fires. everything is there. it just fires on like every 10 strokes. makes like a ka pump noise lol. then just turns over more and does it again. i checked it with a timing gun and the light comes on every 10 secs or so.. i dont kno what could all be wrong. yes its getting gas, i tried it with my friends carb and does the same thing. today im going to try diff electrical parts off his to see whats wrong. any clues?

the timing light should come on alot more often than once every 10 seconds, it should be firing near the end of each compression stroke

05 450r #13B
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com