Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Not sure on the year of my Big Bear, trying to find the right part  (Read 1450 times)
pkeeney

thine barmy

View Profile

Ignore
« on: March 06, 2007, 10:53:21 AM »

I'm trying to find a used differential and axle for my Big Bear 350 4x4.  I was told it's a 1995, but everything I find for the '95 shows a disc brake in the rear.  Mine has a drum brake.  Now I'm looking for a rear diff.  The guy at the Yamaha dealer said one from a '95 or a '96 should work, but bikebandit.com is showing two totally different part numbers.

I found a potentially awesome deal on ebay (clicky), that's supposed to work for a '96 Big Bear, but the image throws me off. If what looks like the breather hole is in the right place, that would make the diff totally backwards from mine.

In the pic, if the breather hole is the top, that means it mounts to the swingarm on the left side.  Mine mounts on the right.

Any input is appreciated.  If I can't get a clear answer, I may just bite the bullet and buy it anyway.  A new one from Yamaha is $631.

Ebay diff:

'96 rear end from bikebandit:

My true passion lies elsewhere...

You can call me Aaron Burr, from the way I'm droppin' Hamiltons.
Mars
Supreme Member

When I feel athletic, I go to a sports bar.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2007, 07:48:50 PM »

Get your vin number:

1st character- Identifies the country in which the vehicle was manufactured.
For example: U.S.A.(1or4), Canada(2), Mexico(3), Japan(J), Korea(K), England(S), Germany(W), Italy(Z)

2nd character- Identifies the manufacturer. For example; Audi(A),
BMW(B), Buick(4), Cadillac(6), Chevrolet(1), Chrysler(C), Dodge(B),
Ford(F), GM Canada(7), General Motors(G), Honda(H), Jaquar(A), Lincoln(L), Mercedes Benz(D), Mercury(M), Nissan(N), Oldsmobile(3), Pontiac(2or5), Plymouth(P), Saturn(Cool, Toyota(T), VW(V), Volvo(V).

3rd character- Identifies vehicle type or manufacturing division.

4th to 8th characters- Identifies vehicle features such as body style, engine type, model, series, etc.

9th character- Identifies VIN accuracy as check digit.

10th character- Identifies the model year. For example: 1988(J), 1989(K), 1990(L), 1991(M), 1992(N), 1993(P), 1994(R), 1995(S), 1996(T),
1997(V), 1998(W), 1999(X), 2000(Y)------2001(1), 2002(2), 2003(3)

11th character- Identifies the assembly plant for the vehicle.

12th to 17th characters- Identifies the sequence of the vehicle for production
as it rolled of the manufacturers assembly line.

04 Z400
99 Foreman 450s, AKA The Pig.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com