Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: No more DEALERS for me  (Read 2561 times)
mongo

Stupid Hurts

View Profile

Ignore
« on: March 03, 2007, 09:41:28 AM »

I recently had ankle surgery and walk with crutches until May or June. That being said, my daughter races motocross and we were looking for a new bike. I would like to say that I like being a loyal customer. But I am swearing off dealerslllllllllllll

I have purchased many bikes, boats, cars etc in my life but I have never had a "problem" spending money in a dealer before last month.  Motocross season was here and I was in the market for a CR85R or a CRF150R. I had CASH in my pocket (dead presidents....not a check or credit card). Having recently purchased a quad and a trail bike within the last 4 months from one salesman, I decided to give him a call. He was not selling Honda's anymore so he referred me to a friend/coworker at Barneys St Pete. I called him and left a voicemail for him that I had cash and was ready to buy..... He NEVER CALLED ME BACK.

I called him back and thought about going to a KM100, and he was leaving yet another dealer, Barneys, that day to go to another dealer. So again he gives my request to another coworker at Barneys Brandon. HE NEVER CALLED!!!!!!!!!

I swore off Barneys. So I went INTO Performace Honda on 54 and Motorsports of Tampa, both places I have purchased bikes, quads, generators and parts. NO ONE EVEN OFFERED TO HELP ME Keep in mind I am on crutches so I am not going to run around looking for someone. I stood at the bike I was interested in and looked around for a salesman to catch. NOTHING. I stood there leaning and looking.........NOTHING.
I had even been at both of these places (2 weeks earlier without crutches) trying to get a deal on one of the bikes so I knew what there ballpark prices were.

I found better service. More communication. Honest, upfront prices and fees ON EBAY.  Why is it that a dealer in KS can sell and ship me a unit and have better customer service 1000 miles away?

I have been buying everything......... all my parts and even cleaners and lubes online through various MX ATV aftermarket or Honda Dealers (but online dealers only). I have found mechanics (for stuff I will not send out to have done or do myself) at the tracks through word of mouth. They always do a great job for very reasonable price.  Good word out to R and D Performance that is at Dade City MX

But no more dealers for me

Honda CRF 250x
Honda CRF 150
Honda CRF 230F
Suzuki RM 125 (144)

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming...
WOW--What a Ride!
greenmachine
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2007, 12:07:27 PM »

Did you miss the long post about how bad Barneys Sucks. We all know that & spread the word about it. Once again BARNEYS SUCKS for service & now sales too!!!!!
mongo

Stupid Hurts

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2007, 12:40:31 PM »

I did read it and agree. they are all like that.  it was not "Barneys" specific so I didn't post it in that thread.

Honda CRF 250x
Honda CRF 150
Honda CRF 230F
Suzuki RM 125 (144)

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming...
WOW--What a Ride!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com