Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: Should toyota be racing in nascar?  (Voting closed: March 07, 2007, 03:29:30 PM)
YES - 21 (55.3%)
NO - 17 (44.7%)
Total Voters: 35

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Toyota and Nascar(Nascar fans ONLY)  (Read 9311 times)
GENERAL-Z
Supreme Member

ya i got one

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« on: March 02, 2007, 03:29:30 PM »

what is your opinion?
leave a vote please!
« Last Edit: March 02, 2007, 03:32:11 PM by redneck4x4chad » Logged

2002 blaster pro circuit pipe,works shocks,new head an piston,just broke in an quick

2000 honda fourtrax currently in pieces

1984 chevy scottsdale 1500 4x4 4inch lift 6.2l diesel 95000 original miles 20mpg city 23 hwy
digginfool
Supreme Member

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2007, 03:52:37 PM »

If you are going to race by NASCAR rules and not re-write them to accommodate your own agenda, then by all means, bring it on.  I personally don't drive or own Toyota, nor will I (except for my pristine 1969 LandCruiser  Wink).  It's an American thing.  But that doesn't change the fact that Toyota (and Honda, for that matter) has become as much a part of American motorsports as Chevy, Dodge or Ford.  They've earned the priviledge to give it a go.  They built a push-rod motor (something they haven't done in 30+ years) and already had an appropriately-sized vehicle, so why not?

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". --Thomas Jefferson

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves ... a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."
VForcedave
Supreme Member

V TWIN FOR THE WIN.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2007, 03:53:10 PM »

Based on the amount of vehicles they sell in this country, (they are number 1) why not? I know where alot of people stand on this. They should be American made etc etc, but they are the number one selling care in america. By the way I have not seen many American made atv's or dirt bikes lately. Its a Big Money sport, so why not some competition from a big money car manufacturer. My .02 worth.  

2004 Kaw Vforce 700 twin. Mine
2005 Honda Rancher 350 Kev Mans
2002 Yamaha 80 Raptor Kev Mans
2000 Jeep Wrangler 4" lift, 33's, winched
1988 Harley FXRP Dropped and chopped
2003 Chevy Duramax 100+K and still cruising. 18mpg.
Joedirt
Supreme Member

I am a FloridaMud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2007, 03:55:29 PM »

This brings back Memories....everytime I turned around there was a new POLL..... Shocked..please do not let it happen again

2005 Vinson 4x4
2003 Big Bear 4x4
2001 Prarie 4x4
1987 Dirty Dakota Mud truck on 35 inch Boggers
Ida_Mann
Supreme Member

Location: There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.

I own and wear a purple sombrero

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2007, 03:56:06 PM »

yet another poll?  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

comeon kid

Id@

Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."
FoxHondaRider
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2007, 03:58:23 PM »

Ok well all of the cars have to be just about the same when it comes to specifications.  Toyota is more American than Ford.  Toyota's car is built in Tennessee and Ford's car is built in Mexico.  So go figure.

2004 Honda 400EX
If you can beat me i'll tell you whats done
ratrider44

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2007, 04:05:29 PM »

I don't know if it is true, but somebody on NASCAR today said that the Camry was the only car made in the states.  The Chevy and Dodge are made in Canada and the Fusion is made in Mexico.  If that is true, Toyota definitely has it's place in Nascar.   I would think that if Honda decides to play, all of them are in trouble with the success they have had in racing worldwide.

2003 Suzuki Z400
MadMudder
Supreme Member

Semper Fi

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2007, 04:07:46 PM »

Yeah toyota has become more american then ford has. Toyotas new truck was degined and built in america. I dont care as long as its putting money into american workers instead of japanesse people. But nascar has become so tight with regulatons and stuff, the only difference between cars now is whats on the front. So I say why not? Although they really blew it in daytona I still think they should be allowed. Heck, if Izuzu wants to get in on the action go ahead.

2013 BF650i 4x4
Stock; for now..
Southern4x4
Supreme Member

Turn off them blinkers to save blinker fluid.

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2007, 04:10:17 PM »

This brings back Memories....everytime I turned around there was a new POLL..... Shocked..please do not let it happen again
Wow im not the only one who thought of that. man that was annoying.

[><]Southern by the grace of God[><]
mud.junkie

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2007, 05:50:32 PM »

Hey if they can pass all the tech inspections i say why not.Plus i really like my yota 4x4, I will always be a chevy man but if they can do it i say it's better for all
foreman1

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2007, 06:28:33 PM »

Anything goes with Nascar , restrictor plates , unleaded gas ... so Toyota , Honda , Isuzu and might as well let BMW in because they have an assembly plant in the US.
Imagine a Volvo or a Saab competing ......is this still consider stock car racing ?
I guess the sport is evolving .

YES  8 (50%)
NO  8 (50%)

Total Voters: 16

I see we have an even split at 6:30 pm . This like the presidential elections , a country divided.

« Last Edit: March 02, 2007, 06:31:05 PM by foreman1 » Logged

NRA BENEFACTOR LIFE

WarRifles.com
Live Free or Die
"When there is no way out - Find a way further in."
Continental E-185
CABLEGUY1
Supreme Member

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2007, 10:06:40 PM »

Now only if Daewoo got in the picture they would run the table.
Bigscrb15
Supreme Member

I'm a Florida Mud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2007, 11:06:36 PM »

Among the complaints cited by the legion of NASCAR Nextel Cup fans upset with the arrival of Toyota at the top level is that it's a slap in the face of NASCAR tradition.

Really?

Allowing a variety of manufacturers into the series is certainly nothing new. With Chevrolet, Dodge, Ford and Toyota, the 2007 Nextel Cup series will have four manufacturers.

Check the entry list of the NASCAR Daytona Speed Week race on February 11, 1951, and you'll find cars from Buick, Chrysler, Ford, Hudson, Kaiser, Lincoln, Mercury, Nash, Oldsmobile, Packard, Plymouth, Pontiac, Studebaker and even a Henry J.

That's 14 brands, and it would have been 15 had a Chevrolet shown up.

All-American? Nope.
Sure, you say, but at least those were all American brands, since NASCAR has always been all-American, right?

Wrong. Check the lineup at NASCAR's first-ever road race in Linden, New Jersey, on June 13, 1954, on the grounds of the local airport. Yes, you had Lee Petty in a Dodge, Buck Baker in an Oldsmobile and Herb Thomas and thingy Rathmann in a pair of Hudsons. But the race was won by Al Keller in a Jaguar, and other brands in the 43-car field included Austin-Healey, MG, Porsche and even a Morgan. In all, 21 entries were foreign brands.

Fine, you say, but that was on a road course. NASCAR would never let foreign cars onto its oval tracks, right?

Wrong. The International 200 at Langhorne, Pennsylvania, was run on a 1-mile dirt oval track on June 21, 1953. There were six Jaguars — one was a fast qualifier — and there were a pair of Porsches, a Volkswagen and even an Aston Martin.

It was a bloody race. Driver Frank Arford was killed, Ray Duhigg suffered a broken neck and Lawrence Shultz was hospitalized with multiple injuries. They were driving, respectively, an Oldsmobile, a Dodge and a Plymouth. None of the foreign cars crashed. thingy Rathmann won in his Hudson with Lee Petty a close second in his Dodge, with thingy Allwine the top-finishing foreign car driver in his Jaguar, which came in 6th, 16 laps down.

When NASCAR returned to Langhorne the following year, none of the entries wore an import label — which meant the starting field dropped from 38 cars to 24 — though Wimpy Ervin made the race in his Henry J, which I mention because NASCAR does not have enough drivers now with names like Wimpy, Slick, Goober and another Wimpy, last name Sipple. Or Bub, Buckshot, Edsel, Elbert, Otis, Pop, Slim, Snuffy, Speedy, Tubby, and, of course, Fireball — all racers from the 1953 season.

Parnelli beats a Renault
But Linden and Langhorne weren't the last time foreigners raced at NASCAR. In the 1958 Crown America 500 NASCAR race at Riverside, California, a pair of Citroëns finished ahead of Parnelli Jones' Ford, though Parnelli did trounce a Renault.

In the now-defunct NASCAR Goody's Dash series, several foreign brands competed. That is, in fact, where Toyota started, before moving into the NASCAR Craftsman truck series, and now at the Nextel Cup level.

So if you're peeved about Toyota entering NASCAR, that's fine.

But listen, Wimpy, or Bub, or Goober, or whatever your name is: Think again about claiming tradition as your reason.

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
Fox17
Supreme Member

Go Gators!!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2007, 08:00:53 AM »

Based on the amount of vehicles they sell in this country, (they are number 1) why not? I know where alot of people stand on this. They should be American made etc etc, but they are the number one selling care in america. By the way I have not seen many American made atv's or dirt bikes lately. Its a Big Money sport, so why not some competition from a big money car manufacturer. My .02 worth.  

yea, i cant stand people that say they wont buy a jap brand car but go and buy a sony tv, a honda atv, a suzuki dirtbike, a boat with a honda motor, and 80% of everything else thats made in china for cryin out loud!!!

I don't know if it is true, but somebody on NASCAR today said that the Camry was the only car made in the states.  The Chevy and Dodge are made in Canada and the Fusion is made in Mexico.  If that is true, Toyota definitely has it's place in Nascar.   I would think that if Honda decides to play, all of them are in trouble with the success they have had in racing worldwide.

the camry is the only car made in the US now. the chevys and dodges like stated are built in canada. and ford in mexico!!! the 3 major brands built in the USA are, Toyota, Honda, and Nissan. go figure. american car brands firing americans and hiring little mexicans and canadians. jap car brands hiring AMERICANS! somethin aint right.

all that said, Toyota does deserve to be in nascar if anyone does. they have basically unlimited $ (which scares jack roush who sold half of roush racing to fight toyota). they dominate the trucks now and do good in the busch and are working on nextel cup. 
digginfool
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2007, 08:50:20 AM »

Toyota, Nissan, Honda and Hyundai built plants in the US as a tariff-beating measure.  Our government relaxed the tariff on imported brands that were built in the US, creating jobs for Americans.  But make no mistake about where the money goes; right back to Japan/Korea.  In addition, these plants are highly automated and create nowhere near the automaker jobs that were lost due to the popularity of those brands.  American automakers were forced to build plants in other countries to remain competitive; labor is cheaper, real estate is cheaper, a chance to build equally automated plants and the ever-present NIMBY attitude of Americans doesn't exist.  Foreign workers are happy to have these factories in their backyards.  None of those Japanese or Korean automakers building plants in America would have done it if they had not received tariff relief.  The shipping expenses saved would never have paid for the expense of those plants.

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". --Thomas Jefferson

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves ... a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."
FoxHondaRider
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2007, 05:25:14 PM »

Well NASCAR's "Car of Tomorrow"  has tight specifications.  The ONLY difference in the cars is the rear side window which can either be bigger or smaller just for looks and the rear spoiler can either have curved side or straight.  The car of tomorrow looks ridiculous and performs bad.  They took a step back into the 90's, the teams started digging up the old specs for the new car.

2004 Honda 400EX
If you can beat me i'll tell you whats done
GENERAL-Z
Supreme Member

ya i got one

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2007, 04:26:02 PM »

i thoght nascar was a AMERICAN sport

2002 blaster pro circuit pipe,works shocks,new head an piston,just broke in an quick

1984 chevy scottsdale 1500 4x4 4inch lift 6.2l diesel 95000 original miles 20mpg city 23 hwy
yunt2ride
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2007, 04:40:48 PM »

And where did you find the information that they are number 1. Besides that I say why not let them, someones gotta be last. LOL

1997 Chevrolet 4WD extended cab
2005 Polaris 500HO 4X4 Hunter Edition Camo
Ida_Mann
Supreme Member

Location: There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2007, 04:41:03 PM »

so is baseball.

Id@

Id@ M@nn

'00 Honda TRX90
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."
Fox17
Supreme Member

Go Gators!!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2007, 05:16:43 PM »

so is baseball.

Id@

lol. chad, fords are made in mexico, dodge and chevy are made in canada. guess where toyota is made, the good ole US of A. hmmm..... you tell me who should be in nascar. ford is firing Americans to hire mexicans. now thats messed up.
GENERAL-Z
Supreme Member

ya i got one

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2007, 05:39:46 PM »

yea but parts are from japan

Fox17
Supreme Member

Go Gators!!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2007, 10:48:44 PM »

yea but parts are from japan

ill bet you ford will start makin their parts in mexico too eventually.
GENERAL-Z
Supreme Member

ya i got one

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2007, 02:34:10 PM »

may be ford stinks

Ida_Mann
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2007, 07:53:07 AM »

may be ford stinks

how would you know if you weren't behind one ;-)

Id@

Id@ M@nn

'00 Honda TRX90
GENERAL-Z
Supreme Member

ya i got one

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2007, 09:51:27 PM »

hahaha

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com